• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT5| DARKNESS! NO MONEY! (or Break the Rules! Mix the Bags!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
And after Ninjago's summer wave last year was baller as hell, we get back to these weird vehicles and mediocre sets. Sigh. I guess we can't have ghost samurai all the time, can we?

Taisaijin

The only thing I really want is the 4-armed minifig.

hqdefault.jpg

And after Ninjago's summer wave last year was baller as hell, we get back to these weird vehicles and mediocre sets. Sigh. I guess we can't have ghost samurai all the time, can we?

C'mon son. That lighthouse looks pretty dope to me!!

Also: that white vehicle set reminds me of something like Galaxy Squad meets Thundercats...

ghostmind

Speaking of lighthouses, here are most of the Creator sets for summer:

OjFuNzz.jpg

csziHyF.jpg

C0FbPkr.jpg

P5enZ3g.jpg

sJR6A5i.jpg

mllwnQH.jpg

dsESQmk.jpg

zrUcL02.jpg

gHKgrHY.jpg

Some cool alt builds - shame the camper images are so small.

Siege Machine and Axl's Tower Carrier look interesting. Jestro's Lair looks really solid and huge compared to past playset type buildings.

Looks like Nexo will continue to be my weakness.

As it looked before, there's nothing really catching my eye with Nexo Knights wave 2. I'll get Flama but probably as the Ultimate version, but other than that I have the characters already. Obviously kids aren't expected to just buy most of the line and complete the gang at once, but I already feel like I want new characters.

Elves looks fine, and after getting the first three dragons I really need these two. I also want the new evil queen figure and those cloaked headpieces, but other than that the castle will just be a (rather poor) parts pack. I could use some new characters here too.

That and the City figure pack and the Ghost Rider set and the Belle castle still ensures that I'll spend a lot of money (again) this August.

boltz

HOLE. EEE. CRAP.

The model itself looks really, really good. But am I a bad and superficial person for thinking that the packaging and instruction booklet are shooting this up to the top of my must buy list? That is the type of thing that we should expect from any flagship or UCS set.

Now, if this thing allowed adding power functions or remote control, it would be even better.

I still long for the days of Model Team to return. Super detailed and working technic interiors, and highly detailed UCS style exteriors.

Yeah, this is a must buy. DAMN IT!

If you are a bad and superficial person for that, then that makes two of us. The video went into the set more than I expected and I was pretty amazed.

Osahi

Damn, that camper and light house might draw me in the Creator rabbit hole. The alt build of the ferry of the lighthouse is too cute

TheFuzz

DC sets look really underwhelming. I want all the figs though, they look great.

Not me, been in love with that Bat-Tank since TF pics showed up, and I don't normally care for those kind of vehicles.

Ghost Rider set might usurp Ant-Man Final Battle as my favorite $20 superhero set, too. Might.....

Edit: oh snap, the tank front-end play feature is a battering ram shaped somewhat like the front of the Dark Knight Returns tank.

Ponn

Banned
DC sets look really underwhelming. I want all the figs though, they look great.

The Scarecrow set might be fun if you are doing a farm MOC or something I guess but i'm getting Joker steamroller vibes of fun builds but quickly taken apart and put in a bin.
The Killer Croc set is, geez. The Bat Tank interests me though I liked the looks of the one from that Bane/Riddler set better. That Croc vehicle though is all kinds of messed up. Its like they built the tank and had a piece limit for the set and were like right at it. The Boomerang stand/seat is just so stupid looking on that and looks completely out of place and slapped on. The vehicle itself is so half ass looking and looks fragile as hell.

The problem with both of these sets is they are filled with nice exclusive figs all around and would could just as much to bricklink them as to buy the sets so I will just wait for price drops on Amazon or something for them. .

Hagi

Unconfirmed rumor: UCS Death Star this year, UCS Snowspeeder in 2017.

Death Star? huh that would be cool. I've seen some pictures of the Death Star II so it'll be interesting to see what 11 years does. Not overly keen on the Snowspeeder, I've only been collecting sets since Christmas but I'd really love them to go back to the Y-Wing.

ghostmind

That may be the most amazing MOC I have ever seen.

The exterior is spectacular, but we have witnessed some great Star Wars ship MOCs in the last few years (such as the Nebulon-B Frigate I posted last week).

However the interior of this ISD blows everything else away. Just jaw-dropping.

I want to hire this man to make Star Wars MOCs for me.

qX6IKrQ.jpg

8LHOzwk.jpg

czQ67rg.jpg

Ponn

Banned
Is 76067 (Civil War) rumored to include Spidey? I want MCU Spidey!

Summer Superhero waves are brutal on me this year

They have been pretty lazy with the base Spidey fig. The one time they give him booties its only one set and go right back to the same ol fig. Baffling.

Once the superstructure is removed, we can view Level 2, which features a very Imperial walkway. Far below the walkway is an engineering section of Level 1, and that's still only a little more than halfway to the bottom of the ship. The very bottom is mostly filled with support beams. Two minifigures so far have fallen into unreachable depths, and I won't be able to retrieve them until the next time I need to do major repairs to the underside of the ship (hopefully not anytime soon).
That's so imperial.

I will want to buy the Bridge set and the Ghost Rider set. All of those other sets can buzz off, I will buy the minifigs and call it good!

Those summer Spidey sets own my soul. So many awesome figures. It is a childhood dream come true.

Now where is my Shocker figure?

That ISD is simply amazing. So many things packed into it.

Yeah, that is some next level stuff. All LEGO. Cartoonishly huge and heavy, AND a detailed interior.

EDIT:

21029-1.jpg

Brickset is listing the Buckingham Palace set as a limited retail set. Is that true? This looks like a very cool build actually.

8bit

Knows the Score
Holy shit at the Star Destroyer.

Anyway, was at a Lego Serious Play session last night. Was pretty interesting, but the condensed timeslot and unfamiliar 'team' meant it didn't quite work as well as it might have. Was thinking about following up on the practitioner training, anyone done it?

Rootbeer

Banned
They have been pretty lazy with the base Spidey fig. The one time they give him booties its only one set and go right back to the same ol fig. Baffling.
I'm hungry for some Spidey fig variations. LEGO has not been doing Spidey justice, it's a crying shame. Usually they do little print variations on repeat figures, but with Spidey they drop the ball every time. The boot version and the Might Micros version are the only two small exceptions. If you go back far enough you could also cite the Raimi movie LEGO Spideys, but most of us don't have those I imagine.

But with MCU spidey... they would have to give us a new print, I can feel it!

teeny

I think I prefer the previous model personally but it's a great price. I bought one from Smyths for £108 last year (because hype) to save for a rainy day and felt like a bargain at that.

I think I would have appreciated the older model more, too, but missed out on it. I doubt I'll end up getting this one, either. Perhaps with Episode IX ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom