• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT5| DARKNESS! NO MONEY! (or Break the Rules! Mix the Bags!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

willp2003

Yeah I'll stick with my 7965. Especially after I spent a while modding the mandibles and cockpit, although I'm still not completely happy with the cockpit area.

wetwired

Just put together Giant Man and Airport control tower from the Civil War Airport Battle.

Ant-man is easily the star of the set, I so want to make other maxifigs using these techniques, Batman, Stay Puft, you name it.

The tower isn't as bad as I expected, it's pretty bare bones but it's much bigger than I expected. The little stickers on the luggage, boxes and random signs will come in useful for other MOCs later on. The tower is much bigger than I expected too which is a plus.

I haven't put together the quinjet yet, not sure what to expect, I never got the 1.0 version but I got 2.0 last (?) year. Regardless I can't see it staying together long before it's torn down for parts.

wetwired

I'm hungry for some Spidey fig variations. LEGO has not been doing Spidey justice, it's a crying shame. Usually they do little print variations on repeat figures, but with Spidey they drop the ball every time. The boot version and the Might Micros version are the only two small exceptions. If you go back far enough you could also cite the Raimi movie LEGO Spideys, but most of us don't have those I imagine.

But with MCU spidey... they would have to give us a new print, I can feel it!

I managed to snag the dark blue spidey from the rami ones back in the day. So glad I did as it's still my favourite version. I a have the black suit spiderman and iron spider, plus carnage and venom. I kinda want the boot version but it seems like such a lazy variation

That Star Destroyer Moc. Holy shit.

I still have to take pictures of my bat plane moc. I'm really proud of it. Hopefully I'll get pictures up tonight if anybody wants to see it.

Rootbeer

Banned
I kinda want the boot version but it seems like such a lazy variation

It is. But, it does help him look more accurate, if only a little. So I'm glad for it.

They need to give us a fully printed one with arm printing and side-leg printing. That would spice things up. And I want to see more mask expressions (particularly since we know his mask can do that in Civil War), maybe a battle damaged version, etc. It's not like there is a shortage of ideas.

Just built and had a little photosession with Ultimate Clay and...

xbVNOux.jpg

What a badass!!!

7PTrHQo.jpg

I am seriously lovin these lil guys, i have Robin as well and while he's cool, he's not nearly as imposing and intimidating as this guy!

Can't wait for Ultimate Axl :)

Any others worth getting?

Just built and had a little photosession with Ultimate Clay and...

xbVNOux.jpg

What a badass!!!

7PTrHQo.jpg

I am seriously lovin these lil guys, i have Robin as well and while he's cool, he's not nearly as imposing and intimidating as this guy!

Can't wait for Ultimate Axl :)

Any others worth getting?

I'm hoping the non-ultimate versions are cheap because I would love to build an army of those. You're making me regret not buying duplicates of those ultimates when I saw them 20% off at the LEGO store.

Heads up, most BN stores should have Disney figures on sale this Sunday. Get there early enough and there should be an untouched case to feel through.

Osahi

They came back with £89, now I'm really in two minds!

I mean, I don't need it (it'd be literally my only Star Wars set) but... is it any good?

If you're a Star Wars fan, you'll love it. It's such an iconic ship and I can't see how they can make it much better in this scale. I don't own the previous one, but this is mostly the same with extra interior details and some TFA touches like the square dish.

Buildingwise it's not the best I've ever done, as it's pretty straightforward, building it from the bottom up with some repetition in it too. But as a big set it's cool to see it slowly coming together. I would recommend it, but then again, Star Wars is my only theme apart from Creator Expert....

Anyway, just back from Civil War. Now I'm wondering what's in the set they keep under wraps, as I can't think of something overly spoilery that would translate well in Lego. Unless it's Spider-man, but he's hardly a secret.

And he's actually only in the airport battle, apart from a scene at his home. So unless they do an extra Airpor Vignette with him, or a Spider-man in his bedroom talking to Tony Stark-build there's not much there.

The medical bay pic has a bootleg piece. It's the outside grey piece. It has no logos and a white dot on the nub, an all too common defect with the chinese blocks. That's what drew my attention to begin with.

I could very well be wrong, but I don't think I am!

so i don't know if anyone remembers me posting this a while back, but I am going to probably post it up on ebay in a few weeks since I'm clearing out some stuff in my house. I thought I'd check here before deciding to sell it to see if anyone wants to buy.

Some things are a bit banged up, but in overall good to decent shape. Some of the posters are dinged up but still look great.

Let me know, otherwise off to ebay or craigslist it goes.

Any idea when we hear about the next SW Constraction sets or is that something we find out way closer to the end of 2016 with rouge one?

Rootbeer

Banned
May the 4th Sale list for S@H and LEGO stores has been leaked:

http://www.fbtb.net/2016/04/27/lego-shophome-may-the-fourth-2016-sale-details/#more-37975

Tons of SW sets on sale, plus free shipping with no minimum, 2xVIP on all Star Wars, free Force Awakens poster, and free 30602 First Order Stormtrooper with purchases of $50 and up.
The minifg might be lame, but otherwise there's some pretty good stuff going on for this promo. Just wish we had some new sets coming alongside the rest, other than hoth

willp2003

I wonder what will be on sale in the UK in terms of star wars stuff. In previous years we've had small discounts on UCS stuff, so I hope that continues. I find the other discounts just bring prices inline with Amazon etc!

IHaveIce

Banned
The medical bay pic has a bootleg piece. It's the outside grey piece. It has no logos and a white dot on the nub, an all too common defect with the chinese blocks. That's what drew my attention to begin with.

I could very well be wrong, but I don't think I am!

And?

just his observation. LEGO fans are very perceptive about that kind of thing. Sometimes it is frowned upon to use things such as unofficial parts or illegal connections in MOCs.

Exactly this. It also raises a number of questions in my mind.

Would this be disqualified from being displayed at a Lego event? I model and paint miniatures, and if Games Workshop saw a part in your diorama that was from another manufacturer, your piece is disqualified. My own display in progress, Quinjet Down, has an almost entirely bootleg Hydra army. I would never dream of doing anything with it other than displaying it in my own home because it is not 100% Lego.

Did the guy know or was he buying huge quantities of bulk parts and, as is feared by many Lego purists, he bought a batch of chinese parts passed off as Lego?

Did he legitimately buy chinese parts on purpose to save money on such a large and awesome display? If so, what does that say about the hobby itself and where its going?

It just made my mind race a bit thinking about the hobby is all. Its all quite interesting really.

It also says

No non-Lego components were used, except for a couple strings of LED lights (not shown -- still working on that).

I just got my order of bootleg military minifigs and the quality difference is obvious. One set of arms is so tight they don't move freely once on the body, and one is so loose a slight touch causes it to fall out.

I only wanted the minifigs and weapons but it came with a few other pieces like 1x2 textured bricks. I think I'm going to be careful not to mix them with my real LEGO.

It also says

I just got my order of bootleg military minifigs and the quality difference is obvious. One set of arms is so tight they don't move freely once on the body, and one is so loose a slight touch causes it to fall out.

I only wanted the minifigs and weapons but it came with a few other pieces like 1x2 textured bricks. I think I'm going to be careful not to mix them with my real LEGO.

Interesting.

My huge chinese order is slowly bleeding in. My Ultron bots are 10/10. My Hydra soldiers are spotty, but a solid 7/10 overall. Printing would be perfect on the front and blurry on the back or vice versa. There was a lot of flash on the hands too. My spare black panthers and winter soldiers are 10/10. Just fantastic. My Nick Fury in Sheild uniform needs a new head. The one provided is scratched to hell and back. Its all just a scattershot of quality.

Fyi, my chinese parts never come near my Lego parts. There is a marked difference in quality. And, they smell like oil.

Experien

May the 4th Sale list for S@H and LEGO stores has been leaked:

http://www.fbtb.net/2016/04/27/lego-shophome-may-the-fourth-2016-sale-details/#more-37975

Tons of SW sets on sale, plus free shipping with no minimum, 2xVIP on all Star Wars, free Force Awakens poster, and free 30602 First Order Stormtrooper with purchases of $50 and up.

Resistance Troop Transport?! SWEET!!!

Though space is shrinking, adding the Naboo ship is very tempting. Battle on Takodana any good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom