• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT5| DARKNESS! NO MONEY! (or Break the Rules! Mix the Bags!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we know if this is the same Luthor from the polybag a few years ago? I don't think we've seen another "battle armored" Luthor fig since then.
The reviewer talks about it in the Youtube video, it looks like a new/updated version (never owned the old one). Comparing the two, the new model has brighter colors plus a different torso, legs and head, but loses the stripe and extra pieces on the armor.

Old:
jQLSBxu.jpg

New:
I like the new one, it looks more comic/cartoon accurate now.

The reviewer talks about it in the Youtube video, it looks like a new/updated version (never owned the old one). Comparing the two, the new model has brighter colors plus a different torso, legs and head, but loses the stripe and extra pieces on the armor.

Old:

New:
I like the new one, it looks more comic/cartoon accurate now.

The new one looks great.

Fowler

GcK0d7e.jpg

I just noticed that they're using those board game figures as pillars in the bottom corner -- next to the dial you twist to set the time on the clock.

(What are those board game figures called? Microfigs are the Helicarrier/Ant-Man sized ones, right?)

Off to toys r us shortly (uk) to get the venom symbiote polybag - free when you spend £15 on marvel.

It's my boys birthday tomorrow and he wants the cross bones set (and it's about the only marvel set I haven't already got ready for him)

I'm not a big fan of the set but I suppose crossbones is a cool figure along with falcon!

Kyari

Man I dig the size and profile of that Lego juniors bat mobile.

Also my local TRU is always comically useless at having promo items in so I'm not even going to attempt for that poly bag.

GcK0d7e.jpg

I just noticed that they're using those board game figures as pillars in the bottom corner -- next to the dial you twist to set the time on the clock.

(What are those board game figures called? Microfigs are the Helicarrier/Ant-Man sized ones, right?)
I noticed those too.

And I think those are microfigs, and the others are nano figs. Not sure.

Rootbeer

Banned
Did they get new shipment of Disney CMFs? Can't remember your whereabouts. Are you in Arizona, Northern Cali, ... ?
They did, actually. I went there Sunday and found about 2/3 of a box. Didn't stick around though. Went Weds and found what looked like close to a full box, but all the packs looked slightly crinkled so I think they combined some partial boxes.

Was feeling minifig packs with another toy hunter I run into often. He was seeking 3 to finish his set. Helped him get one of them before I had to jet (on a tight schedule!), but not before I found myself a second Stitch. Could come in useful down the road.

I'm in the Bay Area of California.

Rootbeer

Banned
Big Ben Designer video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuGH2LBW1sE

Build the world’s best-known clock tower!

Get up close to Big Ben! The clock was first started on May 31st 1859, and Big Ben’s first chime rang from the 96-meter Elizabeth Tower on July 11th of the same year. This over 23” (60cm) high LEGO® interpretation of the iconic structure is a tribute to its engineering and architecture. It features a detailed facade with statues, shields and windows, and a clock tower with 4 adjustable clock dials and a removable roof allowing access to the belfry, plus buildable exterior elements including a sidewalk, lawn and a tree depicting the building’s location. This model makes a great display piece for the home or office.
• Big Ben features a detailed section of the Westminster Palace and the adjoining Elizabeth Tower, 4 detailed clock dials with movable hour and minutes hands, and a sidewalk, tree and grass area depicting the building’s location.
• Remove the top of the tower to access the Big Ben bell.
• Put your LEGO® building skills to the test!
• Special elements include 4 printed clock faces.
• Rare elements include ski poles, flowers and corner plates in molded gold color, and tinted-translucent elements.
• This set includes over 4,000 LEGO® pieces.
• This set offers an age-appropriate building experience for ages 16+.
• Big Ben measures over 23” (60cm) high, 17” (44cm) wide and 7” (20cm) deep.

Available for sale directly through LEGO® beginning
July 1, 2016 via shop.LEGO.com, LEGO® Stores or via phone

Jimbro72

Wow, confirmed to be just $250 here in the U.S. Seems like a steal for a model with 4k+ parts that looks this nice when displayed.

Is Jaimie Berard the designer or just the lead on it?

I've passed on Sydney Opera House and on Tower Bridge, but I'm sold on Big Ben. It's also an awesome parts pack. This is bad. Once I get Big Ben I may have a retro-desire to get Sydney Opera House and Tower Bridge.

What part is used for the clock hands?

I've passed on Sydney Opera House and on Tower Bridge, but I'm sold on Big Ben. It's also an awesome parts pack. This is bad. Once I get Big Ben I may have a retro-desire to get Sydney Opera House and Tower Bridge.

Tower Bridge is amazing and a must have set. Especially if you're getting Big Ben. It's a great parts pack too. The good news is, with Big Ben coming out, I don't see how Lego will retire it anytime soon. You have some time to buy it.

Sydney Opera House never really did it for me. There's something about the way the set looks that bothers me and I can't figure out why.

Ponn

Banned
Great looking set, I gotta admit for some reason it seemed bigger from the box pictures but its still pretty sizeable. Well crap, was thinking about getting Rex's AT-TE next month but looks like it will be this. Now I need a V fig to blow it up.

ghostmind

Amazing price for Big Ben.

This and the Tower Bridge will look great together.

I might do up a topic for the OT, but it won't be for a few hours.

Ravek

Banned

Closed wrench and hammer? Maybe

Hmm might ask my parents to get me that big Ben set as my graduation present next year since it's just $250. But man that build looks repetitive and boring and it's probably gonna take me like 15 hours.

LEGO Junior sets are 20% off at Toys R Us this week, so I picked up the new set with Superman, Batman and Power Armor Luthor. Also, that Civil War Cap in the plastic bag.

Well, it appears a lot of people saw the value in Power Armor Luthor set. I went to TRU today and that set was gone, but every single other Jurnior Builder set was fully stocked.
Disney CMF sold out. They let me take the empty box as a consolation prize.
I will check out Target stores as they show up as available via the Target iPhone app.

Latest Target App for iPhone has a barcode scanner so you don't need to know the DCPI number. I simply scanned barcode of a pack I already had. App says it's available at all Target stores around me. I'll report back later to see if they are actually on the floor or in backroom in store. I've had issues in the past where "available" doesn't mean on the floor.

Don't have any Disney CMF packs handy? Brickset and the internet to your rescue.

1) Brickset has had barcode information on their site for as long as I can remember. Unfortunately it's the number version, not barcode.

2) Extra step to convert UPC number to barcode (it works using UPCA barcode standard). I usually use this online site http://buy.barcoding.com/barcode-generator
I've used this to print out my VIP barcode as well. Thinking of designing a special unique VIP card for myself.

Here is the Disney CMF barcode for your convenience (UPC: 673419249430):

3) Scan with Target app to see availability

EDIT:

Just checked online. SOLD OUT again online at LEGO.com here in U.S. I swear, if LEGO and Disney didn't do a massive production run of those CMFs, they would be stupid not to do a 2nd production run.

EDIT 2:

Time for me to start a rumor that there is a Disney CMF shortage and there won't be enough to meet demand. People were worried about last CMF series shortage. Imagine if people thought that would happen with the Disney CMFs. I can imagine parents pushing and shoving to get at the packets when they are delivered.

Closed wrench and hammer? Maybe
Yeah. Looks like stuff off a tool wheel.

This is so bought. It looks gorgeous and is cheap for the number of parts.

Deefuzz

Didn't mean to come off rude. I was just really surprised. Great value and this might be the 1st big set I buy on day 1.

No worries! I'm not exactly super active. I tend to just lurk in here...I think I only out right mentioned that I worked there back in OT2 or OT3 of the LEGO thread. :)

And don't want to be TOO obvious about it now since we aren't supposed to talk about certain things...

Quick MOC-up of what my new VIP card will look like. I just need a good image of VIP card before I print it out and laminate it with packing tape.

SIPBdjM.png
87U6H1E.png

EDIT: Added an alternative version.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Love Big Ben but the lack of both towers at the river end is making me twitch. Maybe if I consider displaying it from the front on a shelf then the shallowness will be a benefit..

That designed video tipped me over the edge. Getting Big Ben. Obviously that means I have to get Tower Bridge too.

And with the Porsche on the way... oh god. This is going to be an expensive couple of months.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
That designed video tipped me over the edge. Getting Big Ben. Obviously that means I have to get Tower Bridge too.

And with the Porsche on the way... oh god. This is going to be an expensive couple of months.

Worst part is where to store them. Just got a Billy bookcase dedicated to Lego but Tower bridge is too wide, and Big Ben would be too tall (I'd lose a shelf). But tower bridge is so good. And Big Ben will go alongside my modded architecture one and my nanoblocks one :)

And soon

Target app availability for Disney CMF seems to correspond to if they are on the floor or not. All Target stores around me show available except for the closest one to me. Today it showed as available on the app. It was indeed there.

I now have 3 full sets (each one from a different store). No idea if Target has a limit, but I took 18 so others will have a chance. 1 for me, 1 for a gift to my sister, and 1 for a gift with no current recipient.

Now I just need to figure out which ones I want for duplicates for myself. Definitely want the ducks and mice ones. Hmmm...maybe I'll just get another full set. I'm sure I can unload any one I don't want later.

In my 3 separate experiences with Disney CMFs, Minnie may be the hardest one to find in this series. I am very curious why LEGO made Mickey and Minnie in different quantities. I imagine they thought some may only care about Mickey since he's the main character.

OT Big Ben thread here: http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1221589

Refreshing that the first comment was how reasonable the price is.

But I got in before complaints about pricing began.

Someone made the comment about set looking bizarre without Houses of Parliament attached. Not being intimate with the building details to that extent it never occurred to me.

Looking at some photos of the real building, it seems one could buy 4-5 Big Ben sets and extend the building to include the Houses of Parliament.

Looking at some photos of the real building, it seems one could buy 4-5 Big Ben sets and extend the building to include the Houses of Parliament.
I was looking at the box and comparing it to pictures of the real Big Ben and had the same thought. The box has the rest of it faded in the background almost subliminally suggesting it.

Damn, target near me had a TON of Disney minifigs so I bought six.

I only got two new ones and the rest were duplicates (two Mr Fantastics, a Stitch, and a Little Mermaid).

I was in a rush and didn't feel for them, but I suck at that anyways.

Damn, target near me had a TON of Disney minifigs so I bought six.

I only got two new ones and the rest were duplicates (two Mr Fantastics, a Stitch, and a Little Mermaid).

I was in a rush and didn't feel for them, but I suck at that anyways.

Check BN. The store in my town got another box in today. It probably won't last long though.

And which figures are you missing? I do have a few left to trade or whatever, but the whole sets are long gone.

Ponn

Banned
bought the Detectives office set recently and the addiction begins again. Now i want the other sets to attach to it.

Oh you better hurry, Pet Shop and Palace Cinema are on borrowed time so get those two ASAP. Then you are going to want Parisian Restaurant right away because of how great it is. And Fire Brigade is oop but you could get Ghostbusters Firehouse as a pretty nice fill in. Oh and you know what would look great in the background of your Modular cityscape? Tower Bridge and Big Ben.

Ryuuroden

Working on a GBC (Great Ball Contraption) for Brickworld in Chicago. I am going to build a modular building that interacts with the zig-zag lift I built. All I have right now is pretty much the footprint and how high certain parts will be. Working on facade and minifigure interaction.

GBC Zig-Zag lift WIP by Brendan M, on Flickr

gsrjedi

Big Ben looks glorious. I just started saving up to get Tower Bridge & the Sandcrawler for the next time they have double VIP points. So BB will go well with TB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom