• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT5| DARKNESS! NO MONEY! (or Break the Rules! Mix the Bags!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheFuzz

Best series since monsters.

I'm with SE. At least 7-8 MUST HAVES for me.

Unrelated, I built the Speed Champions Camaro Drag Race set tonight. WOW. These builds were way better than I expected, especially for the price.

I've already color-swapped the white pieces on the 68 to all black, and boy does this thing look mean. I plan on modding into a Punisher-esque car and will grab the knock-off to go with it. The red Camaro is great, too. Both vehicles are nice, but I'm definitely adoring the 68. Will definitely be grabbing some more of these soon, fantastic sets for the price.

Any other Speed Champions recommendations?

Maengun1

Love the minifigs, especially the hiker and the Mariachi guy (I know there have been previous versions of this, but this is the first since I started collecting the figs!).

I'll be getting all 16.

IHaveIce

Banned
f4Nu8D3.jpg
Whoa. The Agent has a modern gun!? Do police sets nowadays have guns?

ghostmind

New Ninjago battle pack:

513xAeT.jpg

I believe this is an exclusive version of Zane, and the pirates are new as well.

EDIT: looks like all the minifigs are exclusive!

Those are very nice Ninjago minfigs. I've always liked the Samurai X design and that is a fantastic print. Only issue I have is the peg leg. I don't want several generic bad guys all with peg legs.

Ponn

Banned
New Ninjago battle pack:

513xAeT.jpg

I believe this is an exclusive version of Zane, and the pirates are new as well.

EDIT: looks like all the minifigs are exclusive!

Is that curly mustache fig head from that small City police set? I might get this pack instead of that city set for more useful parts and figs.

Is that curly mustache fig head from that small City police set? I might get this pack instead of that city set for more useful parts and figs.

That mustache head print is getting a lot of use. I'm waiting for it to become plentiful and buy a bunch via bricklink. I have to imagine we'll get a barbershop quartet CMF someday with new hat mould. If not, that head will be perfect.

Ponn

Banned
Looks like it, if you mean this one?

Yup that would be it.

That mustache head print is getting a lot of use. I'm waiting for it to become plentiful and buy a bunch via bricklink. I have to imagine we'll get a barbershop quartet CMF someday with new hat mould. If not, that head will be perfect.

I haven't checked bricks and pieces to see if its up there or not. Usually the hed pieces go super fast. I would just want a couple for a comically overdone villain with a top hat and cape.

Osahi

Found my first disney figs in the wild at saint pancras station in london. Was ready to feel. Then i saw the price.

£5! Darn overpricing station shops.

No wonder the boxes were still full.

Looks like it, if you mean this one?

it is a different mustached print. Also, seems like the Tire Escape mustached head print is only in 3 city police sets currently. A lot less than I thought. There is a different color variant in a The LEGO Movie set according to Bricklink.

Check out the link of the flickr user to see other excellent quality closeup photos of the minifigs.

27215993585_d8a9e7d0d7_c.jpg

Sky pirate soldier by leninjamarron, on Flickr

27181898546_d9d4c1afc7_b.jpg

Lego Ninjago 6153626 by leninjamarron, on Flickr

Those are excellent prints and the fact they are unique makes them a must buy for any Ninjago fan IMO.

I haven't checked bricks and pieces to see if its up there or not. Usually the hed pieces go super fast. I would just want a couple for a comically overdone villain with a top hat and cape.

It is not on Bricks and Pieces. Anyone know when they refresh Bricks and Pieces with new elements? I remember reading that they shutdown Bricks and Pieces at times. Is that when they refresh the available items? And is there a usual time they shutdown BAP?

Ponn

Banned
it is a different mustached print. Also, seems like the Tire Escape mustached head print is only in 3 city police sets currently. A lot less than I thought. There is a different color variant in a The LEGO Movie set according to Bricklink.

Those are excellent prints and the fact they are unique makes them a must buy for any Ninjago fan IMO.

Oh bummer, so I still have to get that Tire Escape set. I will probably still get this Ninjago set to because the figs are exclusive and good looking. I also like that green beret looking fig. I'm trying really hard not to be a Ninjago fan or collector but the damn sets keep showing up at my door.

Huh. I see they have a disclaimer that it's not endorsed by Lego, but I thought you weren't even allowed to use the word "Lego" for unofficial sets.

"Cheaper" here at $50 for this 174 piece set, but minus the CD and mass booklet.

https://www.stpatricksguild.com/father-leopold-celebrates-mass-lego-set

Why would someone want it without the CD and mass booklet? :)
I think the set is fairly well designed. Where are the play features? They should have added some benches and pews with kneeling action.

You probably are correct that LEGO cannot be used in that manner. Disclaimer usage I think is legit. I'm pretty sure that product wasn't reviewed by a legal team.

valkyre

It started with just the Lego Takodana set... but I found it really lacking in almost every respect.

So I decided to make a MOC out of it.

I have posted before some of my progress, but right now its in a much more advanced stage (almost completed). Lots of love and hours were dedicated for this (I am not an experienced MOC guy, in fact this is my first MOC of a significant size.

It includes Maz Kanata's Castle, the courtyard, part the surrounding forrest, as well as the interior cantina where the cast of the movie met Maz.

Its around 5,000+ pieces.

Would love to hear your opinions.

here goes:

Untitled by Valkyre1, on Flickr

Deefuzz

Fowler

It started with just the Lego Takodana set... but I found it really lacking in almost every respect.

I have posted before some of my progress, but right now its in a much more advanced stage (almost completed). Lots of love and hours were dedicated for this (I am not an experienced MOC guy, in fact this is my first MOC of a significant size.

It includes Maz Kanata's Castle, the courtyard, part the surrounding forrest, as well as the interior cantina where the cast of the movie met Maz.

here goes:

THIS IS AMAZING, and it gets better with every picture.

Incredible job. Incredible!

here goes:
*GREATNESS*

Damn, that is nice.

here goes:

Fantastic!

Are you the guy that bought 10 sets (minus minifigs) to make that MOC?

I really enjoyed your MOC pics of Takodana valkyre!

Really helped wash that terrible Father Leopold set from memory!

I will make sure you won't forget.

Wetwired! Waller Customs needs to make Father Leopold custom minifigs. Nobody else is tapping into that market!

Ryuuroden

here goes:

Thats bloody fucking beautiful. Really captures the scene.

Rootbeer

Banned
Sort of... in the nexo knights world that wizard guy is trapped/dead (forget) inside a hologram thing. That is his human form from before that happened. Yeah, he looks like a very generic LEGO Wizard. Which is good or bad I guess, depends on your taste.

Holy maz kanata, that's amazing work valkyre.
Minus the poor taste in inner wall decor with the rebel flag :p

Just needs a statue of Maz.

valkyre

I really enjoyed your MOC pics of Takodana valkyre!

Really helped wash that terrible Father Leopold set from memory!

THIS IS AMAZING, and it gets better with every picture.

Incredible job. Incredible!

Damn, that is nice.

Fantastic!

Are you the guy that bought 10 sets (minus minifigs) to make that MOC?

Valkyre, that is amazing!

Thats bloody fucking beautiful. Really captures the scene.

That MOC is truly amazing, outstanding achievement!

Thank you guys very much for your kind words, really make me feel like I did an ok job! :)

Holy maz kanata, that's amazing work valkyre.
Minus the poor taste in inner wall decor with the rebel flag :p

Just needs a statue of Maz.

Hehe, I know what you mean but I had no more flags to put. I will change those in the future once I have some new ones made.

As for Maz, I only have 1 Maz figure atm. I will however get a second one, paint her in gold color and place her on top!

Seriously, all that's missing is a landing pad for the Falcon and Captain Ithano's ship!

Like I said I have a few expansions to the scene I want to build in the future, like a part of the lake surrounding the castle, the battlefield outside the courtyard and extend the forest area in order to place the falcon. :)

Again thank you all for the feedback much appreciated! :)

Good stuff on the Maz Kanata's place.

I can't wait for 75145, the Eclipse fighter. That set looks amazing. Love the look of the fighter and the lady Sith (?).

Meanwhile, I've been grabbing Technic sets recently. It'll be a while before I can complete them. Lol

I broke down and bought Spooky Girl on amazon for $11.

Tell me about it. I bought Darth Revan for US$34. Lol.

Tell me about it. I bought Darth Revan for US$34. Lol.
$11 was relatively cheap for oop CMFs on amazon so the comparison is what made me give in. Makes me realize if I think I might want something, best to just grab it even if it means an unwanted trip to the Lego store and paying full MSRP.

I stand by my decision to pass on the pouchtrooper but if I could go back I'd probably get Revan. I think I was on a Lego break that year.

TheFuzz

Thank you guys very much for your kind words, really make me feel like I did an ok job! :)

Hehe, I know what you mean but I had no more flags to put. I will change those in the future once I have some new ones made.

As for Maz, I only have 1 Maz figure atm. I will however get a second one, paint her in gold color and place her on top!

Like I said I have a few expansions to the scene I want to build in the future, like a part of the lake surrounding the castle, the battlefield outside the courtyard and extend the forest area in order to place the falcon. :)

Again thank you all for the feedback much appreciated! :)
Echoing everyone else, masterful work!! I love it, and the overall design is spot on. Love the woods/trees as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom