• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT5| DARKNESS! NO MONEY! (or Break the Rules! Mix the Bags!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rootbeer

Banned
*edit* confirmed as Star Wars Rebels A Wing Pilot by parrotbeak below

lego_rebelawingpilot_minifig_polybag.jpg

Rootbeer

Banned
Oh Rebels, no wonder! Yup that's definitely the right pilot.

LEGO The Force Awakens CE detailed:

lego-star-wars-deluxe-edition-183922.jpg

LEVEL PACKS

Poe’s Quest for Survival Level Pack

A whole new adventure following Poe Dameron’s journey back to the Resistance base. After his daring escape from the First Order that left him stranded on Jakku, Poe must search for BB-8 and locate a ship to escape the desert planet in an effort to find his way home.
Playable characters and vehicles include: Naka Lit, Ohn Gos, Poe Dameron (Jakku), Strus Clan Leader, Strus Clan Raider, Strus Clan Speeder (Full-size Vehicle), Strus Clan Speeder (Microfighter Vehicle)

First Order Siege of Takodana Level Pack

Experience the thrilling assault on Maz Kanata’s castle in a new way. Storm the shores of Takodana with Kylo Ren and the First Order in a quest to capture Rey and BB-8 to crush the Resistance forever.
Playable characters and vehicles include: Jashco Phurus, Rosser Weno, Strono "Cookie" Tuggs, Thromba, Laparo, Jakku Freighter (Full-size Vehicle), Jakku Freighter (Microfighter Vehicle)

Escape from Starkiller Base Level Pack

After crash landing on the surface of Starkiller Base, join the battle from the perspective of two Resistance pilots. With the help of a loyal astromech droid, outmaneuver the First Order to escape the planet before it explodes.
Playable characters and vehicles include: C'ai Threnalli, Colonel Datoo, Lieutenant Rodinon, Lt Wright, R3-Z3, Assault Walker (Full-size Vehicle), Assault Walker (Microfighter Vehicle)

CHARACTER PACKS

The Jedi Character Pack – Season Pass Exclusive / Available June 28, 2016

Features powerful members of the Jedi Order. Available exclusively to Season Pass owners.
Playable characters and vehicles include: Aayla Secura, Ki-Adi-Mundi, Kit Fisto, Luminara Unduli, Mace Windu, Plo Koon, Saesee Tiin, Shaak Ti, Jedi Interceptor (Full-size Vehicle), Jedi Interceptor (Microfighter Vehicle)

The Prequel Trilogy Character Pack

Play as select characters from Star Wars: Episode I – The Phantom Menace, Star Wars: Episode II – Attack of the Clones and Star Wars: Episode III – Revenge of the Sith.
Playable characters and vehicles include: Anakin Skywalker (Damaged), Captain Panaka, Darth Maul, Jango Fett, Jar Jar Binks, Padmé Naberrie, Watto, Zam Wesell, Naboo Starfighter (Full-size Vehicle), Naboo Starfighter (Microfighter Vehicle)

The Freemaker Adventures Character Pack

Showcases the galaxy’s bravest family of scavengers from the upcoming LEGO animated series, debuting June 20th on Disney XD.
Playable characters and vehicles include: Baash (Iktotchi), Graballa the Hutt, Kordi Freemaker, Naare, Raam (Iktotchi), Roger (Battle Droid), Rowan Freemaker, Zander Freemaker, Star Scavenger (Full-size Vehicle), Star Scavenger (Microfighter Vehicle)

Star Wars: Rebels Character Pack

Play as the crew of the Ghost from the popular Disney XD animated series.
Playable characters and vehicles include: Ahsoka Tano, Chopper, Ezra Bridger, Hera Syndulla, Kanan Jarrus, Sabine Wren, Seventh Sister Inquisitor, Zeb Orrelios, Ghost (Full-size Vehicle), Ghost (Microfighter Vehicle)

The Clones Wars Character Pack

Exciting characters from the acclaimed animated series.
Playable characters and vehicles include: Asajj Ventress, Aurra Sing, Barriss Offee, Cad Bane, Captain Rex, Commander Cody, Hondo Ohnaka, Savage Opress, Republic Gunship (Full-size Vehicle), Republic Gunship (Microfighter Vehicle)

http://comicbook.com/2016/05/26/lego-star-wars-the-force-awakens-season-pass-and-deluxe-edition-/

So yeah! This is quite cool. We are getting a substantial amount of non-Ep VII characters in this game. I love it.

I got my sixteen footballers. Lots of doubles so only nine unique figures. I'll try to trade some, but most will be used for face and hair pieces.

Toysrus promo set found in Germany:

vfwvOiC.jpg
ChcVzQL.jpg

Enjoy the nightmares...

Yike!

It has a Five Nights at Freddy's and Barney vibe. I never thought the new small ball joints could be abused in such a way.

The last TRU giraffe was actually decent with exception of the bugged out eyes..

EDIT: That new promo is pretty darn bad, but I kinda want it because it's so bad. Kinda like some people collect Galidor stuff.

$11 was relatively cheap for oop CMFs on amazon so the comparison is what made me give in. Makes me realize if I think I might want something, best to just grab it even if it means an unwanted trip to the Lego store and paying full MSRP.

Is there a reason you didn't use BrickLink? Spooky Girl CMF is much, much cheaper there. I mean the series is still available in-store in some places too, I just saw them at TRU a few days ago.

Is there a reason you didn't use BrickLink? Spooky Girl CMF is much, much cheaper there. I mean the series is still available in-store in some places too, I just saw them at TRU a few days ago.
$11 with shipping. I checked BL earlier and with minimums and shipping I think it probably would be the same or more, and amazon was easier to deal with.

Actually I just found one that would have been a couple bucks cheaper. Oh well.

Fishlake

24763503070_bdf7a488d0_z.jpg

I decided to build my very first Elves set yesterday for fun. I built the THE SECRET MARKET PLACE 41176 overall I think it is sort of small for its full price of $60 but it makes that up by packing huge amounts of detail into all 3 of its main parts.

The Green dragon is quite small but it is able to eat the pumpkins and carry a treasure chest on its back as well as one of the mini dolls. It has quite a lot of possibility you can have it on its hind legs praying if you wanted it to. It can ly down on its belly since the legs can spread out very well. I do wish the tail was more then one joint though as it can get in the way when it tries to stand on its hind legs.

The library is filled with 1 by 2 tiles that are stacked sideways to appears as books on shelves and has a rotating chair a feathered pen with ink and a letter to write on. It also has a feature where you pull a lever with a gem and a dragon book appears out of the self. It is really simple but I really appreciate simple functions like that. On the second floor it appears to be a mail office with mail lying all around the room and a package that can be opened for a small crown?. It also has a drawer and a mail box to store things in.

On the last section is the market place selling locks keys and forging a sword with a anvil and hammer that goes up and down as you turn a wheel. On the second floor is pumpkins and it has a spiral stair case to take you up to them. It does not actually connect to the library but is at the correct height to slide right next to it so that they appear to be.

I was surprised to get an extra green wing as well. The largest extra piece i have ever gotten.

That is my first impressions of the set. I enjoyed it more then I thought I would l since the mini dolls turned me off on these sets. I'll probably get a few others for the buildings as this was well made.

I feel like I've broken down the barriers for mini dolls now even if I still would prefer mini figs.

Rootbeer

Banned
24763503070_bdf7a488d0_z.jpg

I decided to build my very first Elves set yesterday for fun. I built the THE SECRET MARKET PLACE 41176.
I've been wanting to pic this set up for months. Just waiting on a discount... hope one comes, haha.

I have the small set with the blue dragon. But that green dragon is by far my favorite from that first dragon wave.

You've taken your first steps into a larger world...

That set is great, especially the dragon. I rushed out and got all three available dragons, but the buildings in two of the current sets aren't bad either. Can't wait for the white and purple ones this August.

I don't care too much for minidolls in general, but the Elves are fantastic. They take figure printing to a whole new level, so it's not too bad to only get one or two in each set. I wish there were more characters rather than repeats though.

Umarak is far better when you modify his neck to be attacked by a ball joint so that you can pose the neck to cover up that giant gap. I have a simple solution that takes only 3 extra pieces (2 technic pin leg bone, friction extender, and 2 module long axel piece) if anyone's interested.

iosefe

so Bionicle and Speed champions will be pulled form smaller LEGO store locations to make room for other expanding themes

so Bionicle and Speed champions will be pulled form smaller LEGO store locations to make room for other expanding themes

Looking pretty bleak for bionicle. When I went to pick up one of the summer sets at my local Toys R Us yesterday I looked in the clearance bin to see a massive pile of bionicle sets. Guessing they couldn't clear their stock. And at my local walmart and target there's barely any bionicle sets. Only place I could reliably get the sets was the Lego store, but I guess online is the only option now. I wouldn't be surprised if it gets cancelled soon, at best I see it lasting until 2017 and then getting replaced by some new constraction line.

Toxi

Banned
Looking pretty bleak for bionicle. When I went to pick up one of the summer sets at my local Toys R Us yesterday I looked in the clearance bin to see a massive pile of bionicle sets. Guessing they couldn't clear their stock. I wouldn't be surprised if it gets cancelled soon, at best I see it lasting until 2017 and then getting replaced by some new constraction line.
The Winter 2016 sets sold pretty terribly compared to 2015's output. Makes me sad, but at least I still got some Bionicle.

I guess its not a huge deal to me, I already have like 20 bionicle figures from gen 2 and if it does go on for one more year probably i'll end up at like 30+. When including all the stuff i got throughout gen one (probably like 100 lol) I bet i have enough bionicle to last me a lifetime :p

Rootbeer

Banned
I could never get into Bionicle but I like constraction figures as a concept. I don't have any nostalgia for the older Bionicle stuff which is probably a big part of why it doesn't resonate with me. If you look at the new media they have to hold up the Bionicle license now it's just not that strong IMO. It's not attracting kids like it needs to be.

LEGO definitely needs to come up with an exciting new constraction line though (other than their licensed ones such as Star Wars), there's tons of potential there if they can find the right angle and give us some kick-ass designs/builds.

I'm not so sure the Star Wars contraction is doing that well either. I see huge piles of them in every store. I really like certain ones like the Stormtrooper and Vader, but the human ones are ehhhh o_O

Saw at Wal-Mart on Tuesday they were heavily discounting
th

From $99 to $49

and

th

From $130 to $65

Sadly they were all gone by the time I got there. But maybe you guys should check it out?

Toxi

Banned
Sad to see the brand die, but the new one were damn ugly IMO.

Was the Mata Nui story still going on?
No, because it concluded (Kinda, sorta, not really) with the old toyline. The new toyline is a story reboot.

Mata Nui has a counterpart in the new story, Ekimu, but he's not a godlike being/40,000 foot tall self-contained universe, he's just an old powerful mask-maker.

The story side of things is meh, there's nothing like the old Mata Nui online game, but the toy side of things is a breath of fresh air after the decline of the original Bionicle toyline in its twilight years. The only weakness so far is the lack of large sets; Umarak the Destroyer is the first larger than normal build so far.
storyline was different. they were about to go all Mask of Time though

hopefully we still get more. they can't end without giving us a Makuta
Definitely.

Sad to see the brand die, but the new one were damn ugly IMO.

Was the Mata Nui story still going on?

Yeah some were really ugly (like Tahu, the skull villains, and the beasts) but I say there were others that look great. Umarak looks cool

And some of the small sets called 'creatures' look great

And last year's Kopaka was probably my favorite incarnation of the character

Toxi

Banned
Yeah some were really ugly (like Tahu, the skull villains, and the beasts) but I say there were others that look great. Umarak looks cool
Umarak the Hunter looks fantastic. I love the lord of the wild hunt motif they have going on with the antlers.

I want to give a very public thank you to Whimsical Phil.

We did a trade for a set of the Disney figures. He got a set of awesome figures, and I got a Vacation Getaways in the process. But, when the box arrived today, there was a nice lil bonus that Phil threw in to get the free shipping:

So awesome! I never got any of this series of figures, and have been wanting a few Hot Dog Guys, so this keychain was such a nice and wonderful surprise to find in the box.

Thank you so much, Whimsical Phil!

EDIT: Judging by the preview pic on Facebook, in the next few days, Ript will be having a Benny inspired shirt for sale on their site. Once the link goes live, I will post it in here. The small part of the design you can see looks great.

Edit 2: I am still disassembling random sets from around the apartment. I always find a different appreciation for certain sets when breaking them down. It brings certain techniques to light and shows just how well some things were done when you try and reverse the process.

Speaking of Speed Champions. This one is 20% off on LEGO S@H.

Porsche 919 Hybrid and 917K Pit Lane

King's Mech and Infernox Captures the Queen are also on sale.
Seems like timing for the Frozen sets was a bit late. Probably selling well, but not as much as expected. 2 of the 2nd wave sets are on sale.

Everyone should jump on King's Mech and Infernox. Getting that combo for $44? That is a damn steal for two absolutely fantastic sets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom