• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT5| DARKNESS! NO MONEY! (or Break the Rules! Mix the Bags!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
21414185721_1afcf397c3_c.jpg

Koren

Beside, this solution makes you lose the reverse :/

Now that I think about it, with the right sensors on the track, something really nice can be done... especially now that microcontrollers are so cheap. Densha de Go for real, that's an interesting vision. Too bad the track will always be too short.

I always wanted the airport monorail to go with my airport (that I got for my 8th birthday or whatever). The aftermarket prices are not good :(
No... In fact, that makes you think about selling those (I probably will never do this, though), when you see the prices for complete sets with box and instructions.

Koren

I hear those things are awfully loud.
They're not that loud, but the motor noise is higher-pitched than a train. Very much like the sound of plastic toys with a tiny motor inside, in fact.

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/706/21414185721_1afcf397c3_c.jpg
Lol, I used to play this mobile game till recently (can't update the game, it require 1.3Go free space on top of 1.3Go for the game itself), and this was my first "event".

All this talk about trains and Monorails is making me want one for my upcoming modular city square.. Nothing on the Horizon (pun intended) so far right? Except for that X-mas train i mean...

peely

Neo Member
All this talk about trains and Monorails is making me want one for my upcoming modular city square.. Nothing on the Horizon (pun intended) so far right? Except for that X-mas train i mean...

If we're talking City Square type things ... one of my dreams is to get a tram running through brick built roads. Make use of some bits from 60097 :)

Koren

If we're talking City Square type things ... one of my dreams is to get a tram running through brick built roads. Make use of some bits from 60097 :)
Have you seen the powered trolley-bus where the "cable" handle the direction of the bus, thus making it roll on any road without need for rails?

It's just clever, and I'd be interested in putting one in my town the day I have enough place to set up a real city. But I can't find the video :/

Nah, they aren't too bad.
I'm not alone... ^_^

peely

Neo Member
Have you seen the powered trolley-bus where the "cable" handle the direction of the bus, thus making it roll on any road without need for rails?

It's just clever, and I'd be interested in putting one in my town the day I have enough place to set up a real city. But I can't find the video :/

Argh no, not seen that. Seen a few mods of the Tram from 60097 though. If you find it again I'd be interested in seeing it :)

My mind starts to get stuck thinking about how to handle corners, but I tend to need to do things to work them through thoroughly and don't have the time to sit down with bricks atm :(

Koren

Argh no, not seen that. Seen a few mods of the Tram from 60097 though. If you find it again I'd be interested in seeing it :)
Wasn't easy, but I finally managed to find it...

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=108753

Do watch the videos, it's really nice to see it in motion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOJ0lMRrxCY

My mind starts to get stuck thinking about how to handle corners, but I tend to need to do things to work them through thoroughly and don't have the time to sit down with bricks atm :(
For the roads or the tram?

So apparently there's this place called "bricks & minifigs" in Dallas and they sell a bunch of old/used sets and (obviously) minifigs. Seems pretty cool. Why haven't I googled for non-official Lego sfores before lol.

wetwired

Damn, this would be perfect for what I'm building atm. I left it too late to finish what I was working on for my local LUGs expo this coming weekend so I asked if anyone needed help. Someone was doing a Simpsons town (they had the house, kwik-e-mart and they made flanders house a the town park) They needed some help making the Jebediah Springfield statue so I made that...then got carried away and made the town hall, krusty burger, kwik-e-mart, comic book shop, tire yard (fire) and the toxic pond where they catch blinky.

After ther person I was building with saw all that they made the hill in the background with the springfield (hollywood style) sign to go behind it all.

Currently I'm putting the finishing touches on everything and and building some vehicles, last night it was Mr Plow and tonight I will attempt the springfield school bus and if I have the time and parts I'll take a stab at The Homer

Holy shit, found this on a lark and I think it's the best $5 I've spent on Lego. The attention to detail and consistency in design is glorious!
Love that one. That whole tribe is fantastic.

And tonight built Vacation Getaways. Believe the hype. That will easily be a top 5 set unless some really crazy stuff comes out.

I've had a B&P order saved in my S@H cart for a while now but now it's gone. Do they clear them after a while? Maybe I messed up and didn't save it correctly the last time I added to it.

I am really really excited to see what they do with those half-circle "teeth" pieces from the dentist Mixels. I foresee some great modular detailing with those. Get them in other colors ASAP Lego.

I didn't have luck with saving Bricks and Pieces order either. You need to move it into shopping cart at the very least. I think it was Siegfried that had luck with saving BaP orders.
Do they have those tooth pieces at Bricks and Pieces now? I'd wait a bit too since sometimes Bricklink is significantly cheaper for parts like those.

Speaking of Bricks and Pieces.

Any guesses on how much this order cost? Came in a couple weeks ago. 740ish pieces.

Osahi

My wife and I started building Brick Bank yesterday. We are doing one set of numbered bags a night, so it will take 4 nights to complete.

Usually the first (and last bags) are my least favourites, as you basicly build a lot of floor work (and ceilings), but this has been really fun so far. The tile work for the floors is brilliant, and I absolutely love the safe-door build! So simple and yet so clever!

The modulars are the most fun sets to see come together, and it looks like this is no exception. Can't wait till tonight to finish the first floor with bags 2.

peely

Neo Member
Wasn't easy, but I finally managed to find it...

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=108753

Do watch the videos, it's really nice to see it in motion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOJ0lMRrxCY

For the roads or the tram?

Thanks for the video, will watch it a bit later.

The tracks in the roads and trying to have as little gaps as possible. I do have 12v track I can use, but wondering if there is a brick-built way of doing track/propulsion that would look a lot better.

Osahi

So the new Star Wars sets made it to S@H in Belgium.

Prices are terrible, as expected.

I mean, 80 euro's for Encounter on Jakku? A 530 pieces set?? Even accounting specific parts like the legs of the Lugabeast or the head of Unkar, this is bad...

It's 100 euro's (!) for the new X-Wing, which is practically the same as the previous one, which was allready expensive at 90. And it has only marginal more pieces (740 versus 719)

At least 110 euro's for Darth Vader + A Wing is a bit in the ballpark, considering the Advanced Prototype went for 55 euro's, and the 140 for the Turbo Tank and the AT-TE were expected too.

I understand prices rise over time, and I understand there is something like SW tax, but this jacking up of prices is getting crazy. It rises way more then the general living cost ànd it is way more expensive over here in Benelux then in a neighbouring country like Germany... (Where sets are regularly 10 euros or more cheaper)

Luckily shops will do some discounts from time to time, and it is easy to order from german Amazon... I still want that Jakku set, but no way I spend more then 55 euro's on it.

Osahi

80 euros?? Completely absurd...

Idd, but then again, the Takodana set of 400is pieces was 70 euros rrp so it is nothing new.

Still bummed me out though, i was really looking forward to this set. When i saw TFA for the first time the Lugabeast was thé thing I wanted to see in Lego...

NysGAF

I finally set up a Brickset account and had fun entering all our sets into the database. What a resource! I could spend a few more hours I'm sure digging through all the stats.

Rootbeer

Banned
I finally set up a Brickset account and had fun entering all our sets into the database. What a resource! I could spend a few more hours I'm sure digging through all the stats.

Welcome to the modern age of LEGO management!

It's my favorite LEGO resource. It's more or less essential once you start getting lots of sets, particularly over 100+ (I'm over 1100+ already... o_O not counting bricklink misc pieces and pick-a-break hauls)

Ponn

Banned
No one else liking Rex's AT-TE? Does Rebels not get alot of love or something, because I think the show is freaking awesome. I'm also liking Darth's Tie Advanced set. Both sets have an excellent assortment of figs but the Star Wars tax does hurt the price I guess.

ghostmind

No one else liking Rex's AT-TE? Does Rebels not get alot of love or something, because I think the show is freaking awesome. I'm also liking Darth's Tie Advanced set. Both sets have an excellent assortment of figs but the Star Wars tax does hurt the price I guess.

I don't have it yet, but I'll be getting it eventually.

Love Rebels.

I love rebels, but yeah the price is too much for me. The tie advanced/a wing set is a $70 set to me, probably will get it later on if it goes on clearance or something. Looks great though, love how they hid the firing function on the A wing. It's genius!

My general rule of thumb is that the set can only be $10 max above its regular 10 cents per piece value for me to consider purchasing it. Anything more and I'm nope-ing out until it's on clearance.

Although I've made myself clear about this multiple times before lol but this issue has gotten really frustrating lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom