• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT5| DARKNESS! NO MONEY! (or Break the Rules! Mix the Bags!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was gonna grab Vacation Getaways on the side today but then i realized just how expensive it actually is. On pics, it looked MUCH smaller to me somehow, but the box is about as big as Blue Power Jet!!! Is the actual set THAT big as well? It does deliver apparently...

Score! I managed to drop by the Lego Store to grab some Elves sets, as this wave seems exclusive for now. Not only did I get the fountain, I also got the store opening set, even though the promotion ended on Sunday.

Was gonna grab Vacation Getaways on the side today but then i realized just how expensive it actually is. On pics, it looked MUCH smaller to me somehow, but the box is about as big as Blue Power Jet!!! Is the actual set THAT big as well? It does deliver apparently...

Blue Power Jet is bigger just by virtue of having more large pieces. The real meat of Vacation Getaways is in the little details throughout the build.

I plan on doing something fun with it for pics eventually, but the set is really fantastic.

ghostmind

Blue Power Jet is bigger just by virtue of having more large pieces. The real meat of Vacation Getaways is in the little details throughout the build.

I plan on doing something fun with it for pics eventually, but the set is really fantastic.

Fun fact - apparently the bear was originally intended for 31048 Lakeside Lodge, but they couldn't fit it in.

Fowler

They're back on reddit, front page of the LEGO subreddit so not going to link them.

Sets look a bit meh, but hoping they'll look better in bigger + official shots.

Still, if all I do is get the whole minifig line... that's fine by me too.

They're back on reddit, front page of the LEGO subreddit so not going to link them.

Sets look a bit meh, but hoping they'll look better in bigger + official shots.

Still, if all I do is get the whole minifig line... that's fine by me too.

Thanks for posting. I love the look of that Tie variant, and the black (medical?) droid.

Ponn

Banned
The Monarchs ship is pretty cool. Just needs to be redone in yellow and black. I like the AT-ST, nice for those with Ewok Village. Also like the black Imperial Shuttle. Some good sets, they will be overpriced though.

TheFuzz

Heads up, it looks like the US Lego Shop site has free shipping for orders over $35 all month long. Didn't see this posted yet.

Edit: sorry guys, meant to say VIP member offer*

Ouch. This sucks.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1226443

Ryuroden - did you have any close calls with your big ole tower tipping?

The builder was very cool about it from the article. As a parent, parents not watching kids is a huge pet peeve of mine. It was unintentional, but still annoying nonetheless.

The brick built trunk on the stormtrooper speeder thing is cool.

Is that the 75152 set? That is one ugly vehicle in that set. I feel bad for big Star Wars LEGO fans. Several years of non-stop new sets and new characters = broke. Good thing is most Star Wars sets have a lot of useful grey and black pieces.

EDIT: Just realized those sets have actual blasters and not stud shooters. That is good news.

Is that the 75152 set? That is one ugly vehicle in that set. I feel bad for big Star Wars LEGO fans. Several years of non-stop new sets and new characters = broke. Good thing is most Star Wars sets have a lot of useful grey and black pieces.
Oh is that an "Imperial Tank"? It looks like someone dropped a TFA snowspeeder and then jammed everything back together.

SW sets have useful parts but I usually can't bring myself to mix them into my general population bins.

Oh sweet there a TIE set among the Rogue One sets. The TIE Striker looks kind of weird heh, but I keep a eye on it more.

I thought the Sith Fury was a weird looking TIE, but man was that set godly. I hope this TIE delivers the goods too, but I agree that it looks a bit weird.

Wanderer5

I thought the Sith Fury was a weird looking TIE, but man was that set godly. I hope this TIE delivers the goods too, but I agree that it looks a bit weird.

Woah the Sith Fury looks pretty neat.

And TIE Striker looks better from this angle here in a concept art of it.

Woxz3TP.jpg

Wonder if the wings move.

ghostmind

75152 Imperial Tank (385pcs; $29.99)
75153 AT-ST (449pcs; $39.99)
75154 TIE Striker (543pcs; $69.99)
75155 U-Wing Starfighter (659pcs; $69.99)
75156 Imperial Shuttle (863pcs; $89.99)

75119 Jyn Erso (104pcs; $24.99)
75120 K-250 (169pcs; $24.99)
75121 Death Trooper (106pcs; $24.99)

*set names not official

Wanderer5

*set names not official

TIE Striker could probably be at least $10 cheaper, but I probably bite if it a great set.

*set names not official

The prices seemed fine until the TIE Striker. Why are the specialty TIEs so expensive?

Wanderer5

Eh well I liked the Special Forces TIE alot to forgive its price... a little.:p Maybe the same will be for Striker, depending how it turns out. Think I skip out on Eclipse Fighter and throw the $30 towards Striker, or maybe even the Black Imperial Shuttle, which looks pretty cool too.

Definitley getting K250 at that price, when it comes to constraction figures, $25 for 165 pieces is pretty darn good. Expecially star wars ones. The kylo ren one was 85 pieces but $25. Couldn't justify getting it with such a simple build...

Wanderer5

So where did these pics come from? Somebody is going to feel the wrath of TLG and/or Disney.

Edit: It seems like someone sent The Brick Show the pictures.

Rootbeer

Banned
I remember the lukewarm response people had towards Kylo Ren's ship when the lego model leaked. I've come to like it (sans the lack of wing movement, which can be easily modded). Plenty of time to warm to some of these models as well.

75115 and 75116 are particularly nice, I'm already sold on those.

The minifigs though, I am super pleased with!

For VIPs. Saw it in the catalog I got today. Pretty nice. Hope they keep that for VIPs.
I also got the new catalog today. When was the last LEGO Club Magazine? I feel like I haven't received one in forever. Like Jan/Feb sometime around there. I just reupped my sub a while back too. I hope they didn't cancel it again T__T

willp2003

Glad I just stick to OT Star Wars. The prices just get worse and worse, although the rogue one prices don't seem too horrendous. The only interesting one is the TIE striker.
Looking forward to getting that Vacation Getaway set (got a moc in mind for that). Not sure whether to buy now or wait for a discount. Shame it's a penny under the limit for the free fountain. Could always add a mixel...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom