• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT5| DARKNESS! NO MONEY! (or Break the Rules! Mix the Bags!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Experien

Thank god for china. Those are so bought!

EDIT: Don't forget these!

thKH4B5.png

Alliexpress?

ghostmind

So after leaving my original ideas too late for my local LUG expo I asked if anyone needed help. Someone was doing a Simpsons Springfield display and had done The Simpsons House, Flanders House, Kwik-E-Mart and the town square.

They asked if I could make the Jebediah Springfield statue so I obliged...then proceeded to make The Town Hall, Moe's Tavern, Krusty Burger, Comic Book Shop, Toxic Pond, Tire Yard, Mr Plow, School Bus and a random car.

After that the other guy building built the Springfield "Hollywood" style sign and hills.

I went in tonight to set up and snapped some dodgy pics, all the minifigs will go in tomorrow.

391657.gif

So after leaving my original ideas too late for my local LUG expo I asked if anyone needed help. Someone was doing a Simpsons Springfield display and had done The Simpsons House, Flanders House, Kwik-E-Mart and the town square.

They asked if I could make the Jebediah Springfield statue so I obliged...then proceeded to make The Town Hall, Moe's Tavern, Krusty Burger, Comic Book Shop, Toxic Pond, Tire Yard, Mr Plow, School Bus and a random car.

After that the other guy building built the Springfield "Hollywood" style sign and hills.

I went in tonight to set up and snapped some dodgy pics, all the minifigs will go in tomorrow.

A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man.

You need Apu and a garden on top of the Kwik E Mart, stat! And Homer's concept car would have been a really fun build!

It looks great though. I can't wait to see it with the minifigs included. It should really come to life.

Ponn

Banned
Thank god for china. Those are so bought!

EDIT: Don't forget these!

SNIP]

I didn't want to overload people, and those weren't the greatest especially Lex as prof X. The prints are good though on the bodies thats what floored me. Arm and leg prints all over the damn place. Besides making me a little pissed at Lego for the X-men neglect (not one damn X-Men Apocalypse set?) but surprised at the work given absolutely nothing to copy on all of these figs, even video game versions. Oh yea, I also found a new set of bootleg Harry Potter figs as well so they are going back now.

I also left out the most flooring new bootleg find I came across last night and will spoiler it since it is a direct bootleg of a set
freaking ORIGINAL UCS Batmobile set with the hard to find bat symbol rims for $45 fucking dollars
I mean just, COME ON.

Edit: Holy shit at that Springfield WetWired!! Freaking tire yard on fire and everything.

Now I will have X-Men Gold and Blue teams in their actual color schemes from the Jim Lee golden era (sans Jubilee, but no big loss there).

I'm more excited than I should be, lol!

Kyari

Someone should absolutely link me to where I can order one of those Spider-Gwen figures (or PM me)

Probably going to go buy the bridge battle after work today.

Springfield, Springfield! It's a helluva town!

And is that Shelbyville behind there? I notice a monorail...

Amazing work, man. To the shock of nobody here.

Flanders house is very nice complement to Simpsons house.

latest

willp2003

That Springfield set up is amazing. Well done! I'm just starting a week of on-call, so I may have to break something out of my backlog and get building.

Can anyone here with Dimensions chime in? (Ponn maybe or anyone)

I played a little earlier and got stuck at an underwater orange pull lever thingy (in Springfield too so this is kinda related lol) Now, Batman can't swim, who else is able to pull that stuff off underwater?

Ponn

Banned
Can anyone here with Dimensions chime in? (Ponn maybe or anyone)

I played a little earlier and got stuck at an underwater orange pull lever thingy (in Springfield too so this is kinda related lol) Now, Batman can't swim, who else is able to pull that stuff off underwater?

It's a little bit outdated now but ive been using this guide to cross reference abilities

http://www.ign.com/wikis/lego-dimensions/Character_Ability_Guide

It's not listed there for grapple hook but I think you need Wonder Woman for dive and grapple hook. My one advice for Dimensions is

If you let your OCD get to you in this game they have literally made it so you have to get just about every pack in a cruel play on collectors issues. I got one chima fig but I just came across a brick that requires dive and chi power so only cragger can get it. Only Jay can use stealth and electric powers, only cyborg can dive and target, etc etc. You will drive yourself mad.

edit: Having said that Wonder Woman is actually a pretty good pack to pick up anyways, enabling ENGAGED!

It's a little bit outdated now but ive been using this guide to cross reference abilities

http://www.ign.com/wikis/lego-dimensions/Character_Ability_Guide

It's not listed there for grapple hook but I think you need Wonder Woman for dive and grapple hook. My one advice for Dimensions is

If you let your OCD get to you in this game they have literally made it so you have to get just about every pack in a cruel play on collectors issues. I got one chima fig but I just came across a brick that requires dive and chi power so only cragger can get it. Only Jay can use stealth and electric powers, only cyborg can dive and target, etc etc. You will drive yourself mad.

edit: Having said that Wonder Woman is actually a pretty good pack to pick up anyways, enabling ENGAGED!

Tx man, i happen to have WW so that's good news there ;)

Yeah i know, i haven't been playing in ages, but since i already have most of the packs, i thought i should pretty much be able to get MOST of the gold bricks at this point at least!

To be honest, i still enjoy the game for the hub worlds and their general atmosphere and just dicking around a little for a half hour at a time in one of the worlds, but most other Lego games are actually better GAMES if that makes sense. The puzzles are more varied in other Lego games somehow...

I am still gonna probably buy most of the 2.0 packs though ;(

teeny

I am in awe, please do take some snaps with minifigures! Amazing work man!

Maengun1

I need that Moe's!!! :sob:

Ponn

Banned
Just to show bootleg figs con's I give you Rogue

I'm not mad, I actually like the looks of the new Rogue pic I just posted this morning and i've actually wanted an upside down face for awhile now for Halloween purposes. This is somethingthat can happen though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom