• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT5| DARKNESS! NO MONEY! (or Break the Rules! Mix the Bags!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rootbeer

Banned
Oh yes, at long last... i'm excited to have HP and Fantastic Beasts in the game, but i'm equally excited to be getting some new HP minifigs which are sure to have some updated printing!

Even Legolas/Gimli had updated printing (only on the heads though, but they were 'newer' than the discontinued HP minifigs which could see more substantial changes)

teeny

Thanks for the sorting advice everyone! I think I'm going to go for the screw draw / plastic box combo. It's going to be a gargantuan task. I'll sort by type first, then split that into colour - I'll have to put it all in the loft as I simply have no space in my "Lego room". Those posts have some insane setups, I'd never get away with something like that :p

Getting excited for Dimensions again too, I missed the Harry Potter stuff!

Dimensions, wheee!

I just made a couple of orders for my next build, and while I was at it I got a bunch of loose Dimensions tags. Really, I already have the figures, so by getting the specific tags for Owen, Shaggy, the Witch and the Doctor I get four new worlds as well as the playable figures. Pretty decent deal for pretty much the same cost as one of them in the stores.

I don't get the minibuilds, but really, I don't need all of that, and I got some extra empty tags to use for those.

Koren

When I was a kid, my lego city had lights in most buildings... I even had a 100% Lego hydrolic power plant (using a Lego motor in reverse, but it required having water running from a tap, not an idea my parents was really fond of ^_^ )

I'd like to see some lighting in my modular, but infortunately, Lego doesn't seem to produce real lights anymore*, except those "light bricks" that are not that usable on large scale.

Has some of you tried something to illuminate your modular streets? I may try Neopixels (you can control individually leds color/luminosity when they're chained, allowing interesting things with a simple Arduino...), but any advice would be welcome...

(* Or are they? For example, is there still trains with lights? That was great...)

All I know is that if Lego Dimensions ends without the main bad guy with the crazy mask getting a minifigure then Lego has failed and failed hard.

Edit: And the rest of the Wizard of Oz gang, seriously what the fuck

In the other thread there's a second teaser with the Wicked Witch and the background appears to be Ooo and there's GIZMO from GREMLINS on her broom at the start of the clip WHAAAAATTTTT

https://twitter.com/LEGODimensions/status/740312163210776576

TheFuzz

All I know is that if Lego Dimensions ends without the main bad guy with the crazy mask getting a minifigure then Lego has failed and failed hard.

In the other thread there's a second teaser with the Wicked Witch and the background appears to be Ooo and there's GIZMO from GREMLINS on her broom at the start of the clip WHAAAAATTTTT

Gizmo?!

Lego yanking our 80's nostalgia chains HARD.

YANK AWAY

Oh shit! I just watched Gremlins and Gremlins 2 and was looking for some toys but couldn't find anything good that wasn't ridic expensive. It's like Lego is reading my google searches.

ghostmind

71242 GB 1
71243 HP 1
71244 S1
71245 AT 1
71246 AT 2
71247 HP 2
71248 MI
71249 AT 3
71250 GB 2
71251 Mr T
71252 KR
71253 FB 1
71254 TTG 1
71255 TTG 2
71256 Gremlins 1
71257 FB 2
71258 ET 1
71259 Connectable 1
71260 Connectable 2
71261 Connectable 3
71262 Connectable 4
71263 Connectable 5

Plus more to come apparently.

I saw a rumor that said MI was Mission: Impossible but man how I wish it stood for Monster's Inc. Can you even imagine a Lego Monster's Inc game? Good gravy.

Also still curious as to what the heck a Connectable is. I'm actually really surprised that this months-old list is the only thing that's leaked so far.

What an odd list of non-child-friendly properties. I mean I guess there's nothing awful about the A-Team or Gremlins or Mission: Impossible but I would never have guessed they'd appear in a Lego game as kids these days likely have no fricking clue WTF any of those are. Seem very squarely directed at adults.

Looks like from the Left Field Vault we have Mr T / A-Team, Mission: Impossible, Gremlins, ET, Knight Rider, and possibly Sonic for the Left Field video game rep.

wetwired

So after a long time Bricklinking and trawling Bricks and Pieces I finally pieced together my UCS Batpod (strawberries for scale)

.facebook_1465254642423.jpg

There's a few sets if you can still find on the shelves that will snag you some of the more expensive parts for cheap, it took a while to figure out which parts were cheaper on bricks and pieces vs bricklink as well

wetwired

GIZMO! HOLY FUCKBALLS

According to Brickset, 71244 is Sonic the Hedghog.

And he can live in all of our Lego collections all alone, with no Badnicks to fight and no Shitty Friends to hang out with.

Wanna try to guess what he comes in?

I'm assuming that like Portal he'll be a Level Pack so I'm gonna guess Sonic Minifig, a brick-built Power Up box, and a brick-built Badnick.

Edit: Oh lord what if he comes with a Gold Ring accessory or, even better, a Chili Dog.

Please let Dimensions 3 have a Mega Man set.

Ponn

Banned
I saw a rumor that said MI was Mission: Impossible but man how I wish it stood for Monster's Inc. Can you even imagine a Lego Monster's Inc game? Good gravy.

Also still curious as to what the heck a Connectable is. I'm actually really surprised that this months-old list is the only thing that's leaked so far.

What an odd list of non-child-friendly properties. I mean I guess there's nothing awful about the A-Team or Gremlins or Mission: Impossible but I would never have guessed they'd appear in a Lego game as kids these days likely have no fricking clue WTF any of those are. Seem very squarely directed at adults.

Looks like from the Left Field Vault we have Mr T / A-Team, Mission: Impossible, Gremlins, ET, Knight Rider, and possibly Sonic for the Left Field video game rep.

I think AT was supposed to be Adventure Time which seems plausible since that Ideas set was never made and it seemed fitting. It would also fit if Lego went to Cartoon network and got a deal worked out for multiple CN shows at once like AT and TTG.

You know what I just thought, if that is Teen Titans Go then holy shit we still may get a Raven fig yet! I hope she comes with a brick built pretty pegasus build. I would love to get some HIVE enemies to like Gizmo and Jinx. If they repeat any Titans I hope they are unique prints at least.

Is the little Dimensions Portal set the only LEGO product we'll get with that license?

I thought it won the LEGO Ideas voting ages ago, but I'm not sure if we ever heard about a full Ideas set about it yet.

I think AT was supposed to be Adventure Time which seems plausible since that Ideas set was never made and it seemed fitting. It would also fit if Lego went to Cartoon network and got a deal worked out for multiple CN shows at once like AT and TTG.

You know what I just thought, if that is Teen Titans Go then holy shit we still may get a Raven fig yet! I hope she comes with a brick built pretty pegasus build. I would love to get some HIVE enemies to like Gizmo and Jinx. If they repeat any Titans I hope they are unique prints at least.

I'm almost expecting the Raven fig from the TTG set (because that's totally what they'll do, put her in there and for the rest of the team make you get the Joker playset, like how the only way to get Peter Venkman with arm printing is the Dimensions set but to get the other 3 with arm printing you have to buy the whole damn Firehouse) to have a different style face just to fuck with everyone. Like how the Clone Wars Minifigs were different to "look like" the show? So everyone will have normal Teen Titans and then a TTG Raven. Hah. Ugh.

And yeah AT was supposed to be Adventure Time I was just referring to Mr T specifically because we don't know if it will just be him alone (which seems.. random and odd) or if it'll be an A-Team set so that he'll come with the A-Team Van as his vehicle.

From what I understand Lego has wanted to do an Adventure Time game for years, I cannot fathom why it has taken so long to get Adventure Time Lego and even now, it's just Dimensions figures and not even full sets. The Ideas Set that passed review is... probably not what anyone on the planet actually wanted from a Lego take on the franchise but since 2 "normal" sets got 10,000 supporters and still failed I guess people are just hungry for anything at all.

Fowler

So after a long time Bricklinking and trawling Bricks and Pieces I finally pieced together my UCS Batpod (strawberries for scale)

.facebook_1465254642423.jpg

There's a few sets if you can still find on the shelves that will snag you some of the more expensive parts for cheap, it took a while to figure out which parts were cheaper on bricks and pieces vs bricklink as well

Nice! Which sets help get expensive parts?

Ponn

Banned
I'm almost expecting the Raven fig from the TTG set (because that's totally what they'll do, put her in there and for the rest of the team make you get the Joker playset, like how the only way to get Peter Venkman with arm printing is the Dimensions set but to get the other 3 with arm printing you have to buy the whole damn Firehouse) to have a different style face just to fuck with everyone. Like how the Clone Wars Minifigs were different to "look like" the show? So everyone will have normal Teen Titans and then a TTG Raven. Hah. Ugh.

And yeah AT was supposed to be Adventure Time I was just referring to Mr T specifically because we don't know if it will just be him alone (which seems.. random and odd) or if it'll be an A-Team set so that he'll come with the A-Team Van as his vehicle.

From what I understand Lego has wanted to do an Adventure Time game for years, I cannot fathom why it has taken so long to get Adventure Time Lego and even now, it's just Dimensions figures and not even full sets. The Ideas Set that passed review is... probably not what anyone on the planet actually wanted from a Lego take on the franchise but since 2 "normal" sets got 10,000 supporters and still failed I guess people are just hungry for anything at all.

Mr. T is very random but I would be laughing my head off if it was based on his cartoon from the 80's. I would hope he comes with a buildable Mr. T bulldog if that is the case.

And yea Lego plays dirty with getting complete minifig sets. I already have Jokerland so its not a big deal to me but yea sucks for others that didn't want that set. I'm just relieved if Raven is available in a Dimensions set instead of some bullshit move like a SDCC exclusive.

And yea there was a lot of support for AT set so thats why i'm almost positive those are going to be Adventure Time Dimensions sets. Its just way to close to how they dealt with that Wizard of Oz ideas, Portal and to an extent Dr. Who ideas sets turning them into Dimensions properties. And Adventure Time is so damn fitting for a Lego video game it just seems like a no brainer move. I'm not ashamed to admit but I wouldn't mind a Regular Show Dimensions set either.

Kyari

Has the Gizmo link been replaced? Its a different URL now and I see no sign of Gizmo.

Fake edit: Yes they replaced the video and trimmed a fraction of a second off. Here is the clip JUST before the current video on twitter:

KmJzKa2.png

Ahahahaha BUSTED!!

Mr. T is very random but I would be laughing my head off if it was based on his cartoon from the 80's. I would hope he comes with a buildable Mr. T bulldog if that is the case.

And yea Lego plays dirty with getting complete minifig sets. I already have Jokerland so its not a big deal to me but yea sucks for others that didn't want that set. I'm just relieved if Raven is available in a Dimensions set instead of some bullshit move like a SDCC exclusive.

And yea there was a lot of support for AT set so thats why i'm almost positive those are going to be Adventure Time Dimensions sets. Its just way to close to how they dealt with that Wizard of Oz ideas, Portal and to an extent Dr. Who ideas sets turning them into Dimensions properties. And Adventure Time is so damn fitting for a Lego video game it just seems like a no brainer move. I'm not ashamed to admit but I wouldn't mind a Regular Show Dimensions set either.
Oh GOD I didn't even think about Raven being an SDCC exclusive. That would be insane. Good lorrrrddd that would be insane.

Regular Show Lego would be fun, they could finally use those extra-tall Woody legs again for Mordecai and Benson.

Kyari

Someone on 4chan seems to have gotten hold of promo images for Dimensions sets and is posting painfully tiny cropped sections to tease it out and avoid getting caught by Lego.

I want to believe:
9A9oaer.png

Ponn

Banned
Someone on 4chan seems to have gotten hold of promo images for Dimensions sets and is posting painfully tiny cropped sections to tease it out and avoid getting caught by Lego.

I want to believe:
9A9oaer.png

The dried up orange slice I found under my table is getting a Dimensions set??!!

Apparently Buffalo is just brimming with people itching to offload cheap LEGO!

That's an awesome score.

Meanwhile, I have encountered many in town here that all they do is scour stores for sales to clean them out and resell to turn a profit.

We are going to have a LEGO train display at work this weekend, as a model train club is having a big event and one guy is bringing in a LEGO display. I am not working that day, but I will be going over to see his set up. And maybe network. I really need to get a LUG going.

wetwired

Nice! Which sets help get expensive parts?

This guy "Gox" has that dark grey slope with a fin thing at the back which you need 2 from memory for the Batpod. They go for about $5 each so if you can still find the set for RRP it's worth snatching up

thumb_serie6_41536_556x370.jpg

And this part in dark pearl grey goes for about $12 each and you need for of them and there's a few hero factory sets from a few years back with them in if you can still find them

92222.jpg

mrkgoo

This guy "Gox" has that dark grey slope with a fin thing at the back which you need 2 from memory for the Batpod. They go for about $5 each so if you can still find the set for RRP it's worth snatching up

And this part in dark pearl grey goes for about $12 each and you need for of them and there's a few hero factory sets from a few years back with them in if you can still find them

92222.jpg

Sometimes I wonder if you guys are like the master builders from the movie and see the part numbers when you look at Lego.

Sometimes I wonder if you guys are like the master builders from the movie and see the part numbers when you look at Lego.

I have no clue about parts numbers, nor the names for many of the parts. But I do recognize many parts and have my own names for many of them.

Ryuuroden

92222.jpg

Yeah as soon as I saw that Hero factory pieces was in the batpod I jumped on them for about 40 cents each. I bought around 40 of them but not for resale, I think they would look really cool in my reactor design for my airship. I wish I had more cause I can see a lot of cool uses for it in my mind. I jumped on them cause I knew that in the future I would not be able to get ahold of those parts for my mocs at a decent price.

Maengun1

Huh. I made a big order on the site this week and cashed $45 in VIP points on it that I had been saving for like a year. My order history on my Lego account does list that I cashed the points, and lists my "order total" as 45 bucks cheaper. They also removed the points from my account.

My shipping e-mail, though, (and now the receipt in the box which just arrived) makes no mention of the points at all and lists the "order total $" as the normal retail price + tax. I can't remember, is this the normal way it works or did they actually charge me wrong? Gonna shoot them an e-mail anyway but I figured you guys would know if this is iffy or not.

Follow up: I e-mailed Lego asking about the discrepancy on the two statements, and they just wrote back not only assuring me that I *did* get the discount applied correctly, they also gave me a bonus 100 VIP points for the trouble. I really wasn't expecting to get anything out of it, so yay :D

Almost like they know I'm planning to buy the Brick Bank soon...

Ponn

Banned

Ayup.

And I just want to add, i've probably said this before but just to reiterate I want to thank Wetwired for starting this whole Lego Ghostbuster train. Sincerely and gratefully thank you man because I really don't think we'd be getting all this Lego Ghostbusters goodness like GB HQ, GB Dimensions, new GB movie set, anything yet revealed and definitely not the Ecto-1 if it wasn't for your Idea (pun fully intended) so thanks again.

Osahi

Got some good work-related news today, which I was depending my order of the Fun in the Park set and some Disney figs on.

Places my order today, and the figs are allready shipped (+ the fountain). Here is hoping on not to many doubles (ordered five, i should be okay).

The park set is on backorder though. Should arrive next week. Can't wait for that baby

ghostmind

Got my Chronicles of the Force book today. The contents are mostly fluff, but there are some nice pics of older sets and minifigs, and of course the included Unkar's Brute minifig.

Got the AT-AT today :)

It's a bit dusty and missing the 3 Imperial minifigs and the speeder bike.

Still pleased for $40.

On another note, anyone going to E3? I'd love to get my hands on the dimensions promo figs if they're not impossible to come by. I'd be happy to offer something comparable in trade.

wetwired

Ayup.

And I just want to add, i've probably said this before but just to reiterate I want to thank Wetwired for starting this whole Lego Ghostbuster train. Sincerely and gratefully thank you man because I really don't think we'd be getting all this Lego Ghostbusters goodness like GB HQ, GB Dimensions, new GB movie set, anything yet revealed and definitely not the Ecto-1 if it wasn't for your Idea (pun fully intended) so thanks again.

Daw shucks. Even though I get nothing from the spin off sets I buy multiples of every one that comes out. I even bought the KO Ghotsbustrs minifigs

Ponn

Banned
Brickset has updated their Dimensions set listings: http://brickset.com/sets/year-2016/theme-Dimensions

This is generally what has been expected, though I think there will be some surprises tomorrow.

As much as I want that Knight Rider set it seems odd when thinking about it. I mean what is a Michael Knight fig supposed to do? Unless they give him tongue in cheek powers like a Swooning Melody or kung fu action I guess.

Speaking of Dimensions I came across this youtube video posted just a couple days ago Supergirl in Lego Dimensions The person is showing off Supergirl in Dimensions and her power which includes oddly enough if you haven't read New 52
her turning into her Red Lantern form, really??!!
It seems legit to me but i'm surprised I came across it and surprised I haven't seen more about this leak. The poster claims she's going to be part of a new starter pack. I'm hoping the fig and the Green Arrow one will be available to purchase seperately because exclusive Dimensions figs are going to be some major bullshit if that becomes a thing. I'm also wanting a new scenario disk to be available as a digital download so I don't have to put in the disc just to mess around in dimensions once in awhile.

Daw shucks. Even though I get nothing from the spin off sets I buy multiples of every one that comes out. I even bought the KO Ghotsbustrs minifigs

NP, you may not get anything from the sets but you get the knowledge you contributed to our addictions so thats something.

Just_one

Fellow Lego GAF

need some tips on the finn mini figure thats coming out with Lego Star Wars : The Force Awakens.

Is it exclusive? Meaning it will be the ONLY way to get the minifigure is to buy the game or it will be out with some other set in the future?

Also if its exclusive i imagine that in bricklink and other sites people will resell it for absurd amounts of money right? how much will it cost me? any ideas? not $100 right?

mrkgoo

Just a question for some of you...

What model were you obsessed with trying to make when you were a kid and before all the licensed stuff?

I was always trying to make:
At-ST scout walker
Millenium Falcon
Johnny 5

The other day, I was in the lego section of a local department store and there was some guy (probably high school, I dunno, late teens, I think) and he was commenting about "what has lego come to, it sucks now".

As much as I want that Knight Rider set it seems odd when thinking about it. I mean what is a Michael Knight fig supposed to do? Unless they give him tongue in cheek powers like a Swooning Melody or kung fu action I guess.

Speaking of Dimensions I came across this youtube video posted just a couple days ago Supergirl in Lego Dimensions The person is showing off Supergirl in Dimensions and her power which includes oddly enough if you haven't read New 52
her turning into her Red Lantern form, really??!!
It seems legit to me but i'm surprised I came across it and surprised I haven't seen more about this leak. The poster claims she's going to be part of a new starter pack. I'm hoping the fig and the Green Arrow one will be available to purchase seperately because exclusive Dimensions figs are going to be some major bullshit if that becomes a thing. I'm also wanting a new scenario disk to be available as a digital download so I don't have to put in the disc just to mess around in dimensions once in awhile.

NP, you may not get anything from the sets but you get the knowledge you contributed to our addictions so thats something.

It's been a few years since I read comics regularly so I'm not up to date on all the new 52 stuff. Are the stories good? The plots I've been hearing sound pretty bad. Seems like DC is rebooting every several years now. They need to get their act together.

Ponn

Banned
Fellow Lego GAF

need some tips on the finn mini figure thats coming out with Lego Star Wars : The Force Awakens.

Is it exclusive? Meaning it will be the ONLY way to get the minifigure is to buy the game or it will be out with some other set in the future?

Also if its exclusive i imagine that in bricklink and other sites people will resell it for absurd amounts of money right? how much will it cost me? any ideas? not $100 right?

Do you have Amazon Prime or BB GCU? If so I would just get the DE game for 20% off and enjoy the game and get the fig without worrying about spending alot afterwards. If you really hate the game you can always trade it in or sell it to get cash back.

Just a question for some of you...

What model were you obsessed with trying to make when you were a kid and before all the licensed stuff?

I was always trying to make:
At-ST scout walker
Millenium Falcon
Johnny 5

The ships from Buck Rogers and the vehicles from Thundercats.

It's been a few years since I read comics regularly so I'm not up to date on all the new 52 stuff. Are the stories good? The plots I've been hearing sound pretty bad. Seems like DC is rebooting every several years now. They need to get their act together.

The rule of thumb is no matter whats going on the Batman family books are still good. I wasn't a fan of most of the new 52 books outside the Batman books which had some really great story arcs and added some great new mythos that are being integrated into various DCU movies and show (Court of Owls). Rebirth has been getting great reviews though and funny enough tackles the whole reboot thing in an interesting way without spoiling anything so it may be worth checking out. You can get Rebirth #1 for like 2.99 and its thick, like a double issue.

Man, I hope a lot of those Dimensions packs go for $7.50 ish when on sale like the last batch. $12 just to get some of those minifigs is a bit too much. I just have to tell myself, that they won't be any cheaper in the aftermarket and will like cost more in the future if I change my mind and want any of them.

You can get Rebirth #1 for like 2.99 and its thick, like a double issue.

TWSS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom