• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT5| DARKNESS! NO MONEY! (or Break the Rules! Mix the Bags!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ponn

Banned

I was going to say we are a better thread than those jokes...but we really aren't :p

Lego Dimensions thread in gaming has some leaked pics to the new sets, looks like that list is 100 percent true and the sets look pretty damn good. HP figs are updated looks like. AT looks fantastic. Mr. T pack is freaking glorious. And I think we just found out what connectables meant
they have replacement themed builds for the portal, the one shown is a new Ghostbusters movie story pack with a chinese restaurant portal build
I'm kind of excited for that, it sounds cool, but i'm worried about the pricing and how disjointed these story DLC's are going to end up getting. Overall though, excitement ENGAGE!

Man, I hope a lot of those Dimensions packs go for $7.50 ish when on sale like the last batch. $12 just to get some of those minifigs is a bit too much. I just have to tell myself, that they won't be any cheaper in the aftermarket and will like cost more in the future if I change my mind and want any of them.

TWSS

Yeah the prices for Dimensions are why I didn't jump on.

OMG i just read the news about fucking KNIGHT RIDER in Dimensions!!!!!!!!

How amazing is that? I mean.... that was my absolute favorite show back in the day!! I will be pissed if we don't get Michael's vintage outfit complete with black Leather jacket, red shirt and a TON of chest hair!!!!

Obviously, KIT will feature a Turbo boost function, and i'd also kill for a Devon fig but i bet that's taking it too far :(

ghostmind

What an eclectic mix of licenses:

VTubWTn.jpg

S81tekx.jpg

CfrwTWu.jpg

cOOPzf9.jpg

CzLPpDR.jpg

YXKIgiz.jpg

Ghostbusters "Story Pack".

Sounds like when they don't want to make a full new LEGO game they'll just add a single movie (with several levels) to LEGO Dimensions.

Not a bad idea, and does add a lot of content to Dimensions if they do this for multiple properties. Just depends on how much the sets are going to be, which will sadly probably be a lot.

If the normal Level Packs are $30 then a multi level pack with an extra playset build will probably be $40 or more, right? I do see that Amazon has some level packs on sale for $20, so maybe LEGO will do some permanent price drops.

ghostmind

Mr. T

• Smash your way through the LEGO multiverse with the classic action hero, B.A. Baracus.
  • Add the A-Team's mohawk-sporting mechanical genius to the mash-up adventure of your favorite characters!
  • Unlock the Adventure World and Battle Arena and use B.A.'s Van to quickly get him where he's needed most, then rebuild it into the Fool Smasher.
  • Build and place B.A. Baracus on the LEGO Toy Pad to send him into the game with his Super Strength and Fix-It abilities.

Osahi

Woah, Lego seems to be killing it with these Lego Dimensions packs. Still not sucumbed to the black hole this game is though, been tempted to pick it up when it was on discount, but knowing how much money you need to pour in afterwards I held back.

wetwired

Just a question for some of you...

What model were you obsessed with trying to make when you were a kid and before all the licensed stuff?

I was always trying to make:
At-ST scout walker
Millenium Falcon
Johnny 5

The other day, I was in the lego section of a local department store and there was some guy (probably high school, I dunno, late teens, I think) and he was commenting about "what has lego come to, it sucks now".

Ghostbusters obviously, TMNT, Batman, Transformers at one time or another invaded my childhood lego city

Rootbeer

Banned
I'm very elated with the reveals.

I just hope the new Ghostbusters 2016 content turns out to be good. That's quite a gamble for LEGO to make GB2016 into their flagship Year Two set given the reception thus far to the property.

I'm still very sad that TMNT won't be coming to this. It would be perfect for it.

I want my open world TMNT sewer gameplay!

ninge

There really needs to be a way to migrate your progress from one console to another in dimensions... X360 to Xbox one, PS3 to ps4 etc... If they are going to keep expanding it I want to keep playing but don't wanna have to keep my old console around just for one game

Maengun1

I will probably pick up that Harry Potter set simply because I don't have a Voldemort fig. Don't have Dimensions. I would do filthy things for a real HP theme revival as it pretty much ran exactly in tandem with the years when I wasn't into Lego.

Osahi

My 5 Disney Blind bags (and the Fountain freebee) came in.

2 times Buzz, 2 times Alice, 1 Syndrome. Had anticipated one double, but not two :(

I hope I'll be able to find these in the wild and can just feel the bags out on day, because I want the whole series, or at least around 15 of them :D

(Really tempting to order 20 more on S@H, but fear the doubles)

teeny

My 5 Disney Blind bags (and the Fountain freebee) came in.

2 times Buzz, 2 times Alice, 1 Syndrome. Had anticipated one double, but not two :(

I hope I'll be able to find these in the wild and can just feel the bags out on day, because I want the whole series, or at least around 15 of them :D

(Really tempting to order 20 more on S@H, but fear the doubles)

Have they not been available locally for you? Where are you based? I hate the thought of relying on S@H for minifigs.

Osahi

Have they not been available locally for you? Where are you based? I hate the thought of relying on S@H for minifigs.

I'm in Belgium. The big toy shops here (Fun and Dreamland) don't carry the minifigure series (though maybe Fun does, I never saw them, but I don't frequent their stores). We have one Lego Store near Antwerp, which is over an hour drive for me. Last time I was there (last month) there was no trace of the Disney Series. Guy at the counter told me they were gone in less then a day and he was unsure when they would arrive again. As I can only visit them on saturday I'll have to be very lucky to catch them while they are still in stock.

I got the figs from the other series in a Fnac (multimedia chain that has been selling toys too recently) though. They carry them as 'impulse buy' items at their check out counters. Haven't as of yet seen the Disney series there...

There is an unofficial Lego store a few towns away, but I still need to visit them. I fear they sell the figs at more premium prices though. (Edit: just checked their website. They sell them at the official price, and even sell the figures allready opened for 1 or 2 euro's extra depending on their availabilty in the boxes, so you can fill in the ones you miss. Might visit them over the weekend)

But I assume that in due time they will be more readily available and I'll be able to go to the Lego Store and feel the ones I want out. For now I order some when I put an order on S@H and need to fill out my order for a freebee or shipping. I'll give the doubles to my nefews and nieces :)

teeny

I'm in Belgium. The big toy shops here (Fun and Dreamland) don't carry the minifigure series (though maybe Fun does, I never saw them, but I don't frequent their stores). We have one Lego Store near Antwerp, which is over an hour drive for me. Last time I was there (last month) there was no trace of the Disney Series. Guy at the counter told me they were gone in less then a day and he was unsure when they would arrive again. As I can only visit them on saturday I'll have to be very lucky to catch them while they are still in stock.

I got the figs from the other series in a Fnac (multimedia chain that has been selling toys too recently) though. They carry them as 'impulse buy' items at their check out counters. Haven't as of yet seen the Disney series there...

There is an unofficial Lego store a few towns away, but I still need to visit them. I fear they sell the figs at more premium prices though. (Edit: just checked their website. They sell them at the official price, and even sell the figures allready opened for 1 or 2 euro's extra depending on their availabilty in the boxes, so you can fill in the ones you miss. Might visit them over the weekend)

But I assume that in due time they will be more readily available and I'll be able to go to the Lego Store and feel the ones I want out. For now I order some when I put an order on S@H and need to fill out my order for a freebee or shipping. I'll give the doubles to my nefews and nieces :)

Ah, I see. Well, if you want a hand, they're available locally for me and shipping from the UK to Belgium is not that expensive. :) Though the £2.50 equates to €3.19 - I don't know if that compares favourably.

Osahi

Ah, I see. Well, if you want a hand, they're available locally for me and shipping from the UK to Belgium is not that expensive. :) Though the £2.50 equates to €3.19 - I don't know if that compares favourably.

Thanks, but I'll probably manage. If I order all the figs I need with that unofficial shop I'll have them for 66 euro's (for 15 figs, no doubles assured). I'll probably go that route, but not after I go hunting tomorrow in Fnac. Been a while I visited them, so they might have the figs now. Hopefully I can feel a lot of them out then, so worst case I only have to order a few at a more premium price.

Fellow Lego GAF

need some tips on the finn mini figure thats coming out with Lego Star Wars : The Force Awakens.

Is it exclusive? Meaning it will be the ONLY way to get the minifigure is to buy the game or it will be out with some other set in the future?

Also if its exclusive i imagine that in bricklink and other sites people will resell it for absurd amounts of money right? how much will it cost me? any ideas? not $100 right?

You could probably make him by sticking a normal Finn head on a stormtrooper body, I don't think he has exclusive printing?

Rootbeer

Banned
Dimensions year 2 official press release

http://www.businesswire.com/news/ho...Bros.-Interactive-Entertainment-TT-Games-LEGO

LEGO Dimensions packs based on 16 new entertainment properties will begin launching on September 27, 2016 with the Ghostbusters Story Pack, Adventure Time and Mission: Impossible Level Packs, Harry Potter and Adventure Time Team Packs, and The A-Team Fun Pack. Additional expansion packs based on other highly anticipated films Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them and The LEGO® Batman Movie and wildly popular properties The Goonies, Sonic The Hedgehog, Teen Titans Go!, LEGO® City Undercover, Knight Rider, The Powerpuff Girls, Gremlins, Beetlejuice and E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial will be released in product waves stretching into summer of next year. All expansion packs provide players with continued compatibility to use everything from waves 1-9 interchangeably, anywhere throughout the game. And no new starter pack is required, as all new packs will simply enhance the LEGO Dimensions Starter Pack game and work with the existing LEGO Toy Pad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGT9PrwRHdY

Osahi

You could probably make him by sticking a normal Finn head on a stormtrooper body, I don't think he has exclusive printing?

I thought he does, with dirt stains on the suit?

And daaamn, Lego Dimensions Year 2 is incredible! Must. Resist. The. Black. Hole.

(I'll want an E.T., thank you)

teeny

Thanks, but I'll probably manage. If I order all the figs I need with that unofficial shop I'll have them for 66 euro's (for 15 figs, no doubles assured). I'll probably go that route, but not after I go hunting tomorrow in Fnac. Been a while I visited them, so they might have the figs now. Hopefully I can feel a lot of them out then, so worst case I only have to order a few at a more premium price.

Good luck on the hunt! :)

Oh my word, this is going to be bonkers! Lots of that leak (if not all) was true, then. So excited to see some of these figs. I love the idea of story packs. Honestly, I would love it if all Lego games were replaced with "Story Packs" consisting of the same content, but coming with figs / micro builds and usable in Dimensions. I guess that would be impossible for Marvel and Star Wars, though.

Rootbeer

Banned
Dat Beetlejuice guys. So awesome!

The first Dimensions was already a love letter to the 80s, but now it's off the charts! So much 80s goodness.

Rootbeer

Banned
$50 for the story packs - a bit on the high side, as with all Dimensions sets, but I can see these being discounted to $35.

It's already close to that price with Prime/GCU discount! I think it's reasonable.

The story packs expand the main game story too, really cool that it's not just self contained.

teeny

It's already close to that price with Prime/GCU discount! I think it's reasonable.

The story packs expand the main game story too, really cool that it's not just self contained.

It is cool! I hope they really do use it as a platform for years to come. Though I do think they are a bit expensive - they're about half the length of the main game, aren't they? I kind of wish another IP got a story pack alongside Fantastic Beasts, but I'm looking forward to playing.

Still need to pick up BTTF, Simpsons and Midway Arcade though!

Ponn

Banned
I'm very elated with the reveals.

I just hope the new Ghostbusters 2016 content turns out to be good. That's quite a gamble for LEGO to make GB2016 into their flagship Year Two set given the reception
thus far to the property.

I'm still very sad that TMNT won't be coming to this. It would be perfect for it.

I want my open world TMNT sewer gameplay!

I wouldn't worry about that. The internet is just being stupid and toxic with its hate and its the usual suspects, they weren't going to be a target for this anyways. That movie is going to do gangbusters despite the internet hate (to their chagrin) and get a new generation of kids and adults into it that will want to buy these sets. While this is the first story pack i'm betting they are going to be pimping HP and FB much more though over the holidays, thats their golden goose right there.

And on the new news, holy fuck nuggets, BEETLEJUICE! What the what, BEETLEJUICE!! I'm so glad to get something surprising out of the announcement that wasn't in the leaks. My goth girl fig is going to come in handy now.

And look at that promo pic guys, WE ARE GETTING OUR RAVEN FIG!! These are my most excited announcements coming out of E3, this is crazy. One weird thing of note though, these are all licensed properties. I am absolutely floored there are no Nexo knights sets. How weird is it that they aren't pushing any of their properties as sets for world building. I mean a M:I level pack is kind of weird, may be good though. What if its adventure world though was based on Agents though and they had a couple Ultra Agents fun packs or team packs to go with it. It just seem odd that this wave is completely licensed sets.

TheFuzz

Beatles set looks great, and I think that will be a huge hit.

But man, that Saturn V rocket is going to be nice. Probably on the more expensive end too.

Yeah, nice selection. I was personally hoping for the JW Explorer and the Victorian winter scene. Knew the victorian set was a guaranteed "no," though.

teeny

I wouldn't worry about that. The internet is just being stupid and toxic with its hate and its the usual suspects, they weren't going to be a target for this anyways. That movie is going to do gangbusters despite the internet hate (to their chagrin) and get a new generation of kids and adults into it that will want to buy these sets. While this is the first story pack i'm betting they are going to be pimping HP and FB much more though over the holidays, thats their golden goose right there.

And on the new news, holy fuck nuggets, BEETLEJUICE! What the what, BEETLEJUICE!! I'm so glad to get something surprising out of the announcement that wasn't in the leaks. My goth girl fig is going to come in handy now.

And look at that promo pic guys, WE ARE GETTING OUR RAVEN FIG!! These are my most excited announcements coming out of E3, this is crazy. One weird thing of note though, these are all licensed properties. I am absolutely floored there are no Nexo knights sets. How weird is it that they aren't pushing any of their properties as sets for world building. I mean a M:I level pack is kind of weird, may be good though. What if its adventure world though was based on Agents though and they had a couple Ultra Agents fun packs or team packs to go with it. It just seem odd that this wave is completely licensed sets.

The lack of Nexo Knights is really weird - I was personally hoping for some classic Castle or Space. But there is a Lego City Undercover set, isn't there?

VERY excited for Yellow Submarine, although it better have fleshie figures. I bet Lego can make it much prettier than the submission too.

As for Dimensions, lots to love there. Gremlins AND Goonies AND E.T.? 80's nostalgia overload. Now give me Karate Kid and Neverending Story next year.

I'm guessing that we could still get Nexo Knights and something else. They don't need to hype it already since they can get away with not showing a licensee.

Osahi

Yeah, nice selection. I was personally hoping for the JW Explorer and the Victorian winter scene. Knew the victorian set was a guaranteed "no," though.

Me too, but I have given up one any JP set making it trough the review process. Every time there is one, every time it gets rejected... I remember really looking forward to the JW-sets, as I had hoped they would do some classic ones too. But nada, and the JW sets themselves were lackluster from a display standpoint too...

I love both Ideas sets btw. The Submarine is a sure thing, as I like the Beatles and it looks so great to display. I never thought the rocket would make it, it being 1 meter high and all. But it did, and I want it. It will depend on the price though. It will be over 1000 pieces, so I fear it will be north of 100 euros.

We are actually getting a Mr. T Adventure world? WTF Lego, that said, can't wait for it :)))

Also: Kinda sad we didn't get to see a pic of that announced Knight Rider set as well!

Dimensions is gonna KILL it this holiday season.... Time to get back into it right now!

Karakato_001

Neo Member
Honestly excited about the new figures (Sonic and ET in particular), makes me tempted to buy Dimensions... maybe. Not sure how to feel about those toon eyes of Beast boy and Raven. Yeah, it would represent the TTG version, but it's still... odd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom