• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT5| DARKNESS! NO MONEY! (or Break the Rules! Mix the Bags!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ponn

Banned
So Lego S@H has all of the Aug 1st sets up which is such a cocktease. I still don't get why they are making us wait till then. I've compiled a list of what i'd like to get and I still need a lot of help breaking this addiction

Ras Al Ghul set (which by the way is coming out july 1st all by itself for some reason) 29.99

Killer Croc set - 79.99

Scarcrow/Blue Beetle set - 59.99

Spidey Ultimate Bridge Battle - 99.99

Spidey Ghost Rider set - 19.99

Spidey Doc Ock set - 39.99

Ninjago Green NRG Dragon - 49.99

Ninjago Samurai X Cave set - 119.99

Luckily there are no game purchases for me between July and August, but still. Killer Croc set I may end up bricklinking the figs but with the Croc big fig and 3 other unique figs it may be just as much to buy the set.

Awww yisss. I got 3 of each of these and I love them.

Spider Woman has 2 faces. The cape on Moon Knight is really great. It has a plastic-like feel to it. Feels almost like gortex.

4122C7DE-FAF3-4174-8E5B-26DA53A9F3DD.jpg

So back when we were looking at the Lego Dimensions Year 2 banner I was trying to figure out what the pirate ship was from, since every franchise seems to have at least one brick built vehicle.

It's from The Goonies. I'm kind of ashamed I didn't realize it sooner but there it is.

I wonder what the biplane is from then?

Knight Rider will obviously be KITT, which leaves Powerpuff Girls and Beetlejuice as the only two mystery franchises left. Can't really see a biplane fitting in with either of them so it must be from an already announced franchise and the pack itself hasn't been revealed but what? Is it Gremlins, and the biplane is a toy one or something? Haven't watched either Gremlins flick in a while but I recall one of them having a toy store or mall part, maybe that's it?

Spider Woman has 2 faces. The cape on Moon Knight is really great. It has a plastic-like feel to it. Feels almost like gortex.

Gwen is stacked.

Edit: Continuing my theater MOC. Ah, the challenge of a concessions stand at mini fig scale. But feeling very good about the popcorn maker and some other fun parts of the stand now.

ghostmind

So back when we were looking at the Lego Dimensions Year 2 banner I was trying to figure out what the pirate ship was from, since every franchise seems to have at least one brick built vehicle.

It's from The Goonies. I'm kind of ashamed I didn't realize it sooner but there it is.

I wonder what the biplane is from then?

Knight Rider will obviously be KITT, which leaves Powerpuff Girls and Beetlejuice as the only two mystery franchises left. Can't really see a biplane fitting in with either of them so it must be from an already announced franchise and the pack itself hasn't been revealed but what? Is it Gremlins, and the biplane is a toy one or something? Haven't watched either Gremlins flick in a while but I recall one of them having a toy store or mall part, maybe that's it?

Also 71249 Marceline the Vampire Queen fun pack.

and The LEGO Batman Movie Story Pack

Is it Gremlins, and the biplane is a toy one or something? Haven't watched either Gremlins flick in a while but I recall one of them having a toy store or mall part, maybe that's it?
I watched both Gremlins movies last month and don't recall a plane. There is a toy section scene in the mall but the most memorable part involves a train set.

Osahi

Disney minifigs aren't listed on S@H anymore. There goes my chance of completing my set for a reasonable price as this must mean brick & mortar stores won't get new stock either

Goddamnit. Barely had the chance of buying them, as they barely found there way into the wild here. (Only encountered them once in an allready pretty much plundered box). Will go see tonight if they have some left there and hope I can feel out some I miss....

Lego, you really disapoint me. I had expected plenty of stock. This rarity business really sucks.

Disney minifigs aren't listed on S@H anymore. There goes my chance of completing my set for a reasonable price as this must mean brick & mortar stores won't get new stock either

Goddamnit. Barely had the chance of buying them, as they barely found there way into the wild here. (Only encountered them once in an allready pretty much plundered box). Will go see tonight if they have some left there and hope I can feel out some I miss....

Lego, you really disapoint me. I had expected plenty of stock. This rarity business really sucks.

Wait, what? It's only been like what? 2 months? I doubt they are sold out/ OOP now already, they will probably be back in stock soon...

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I've never seen the Disney Minifigs anywhere but in pictures online. My wife wanted me to get the whole set since we're such big Disney fans. I didn't think I'd be out of luck so quick.

Osahi

Wait, what? It's only been like what? 2 months? I doubt they are sold out/ OOP now already, they will probably be back in stock soon...

They've been switching between 'Sold out' and 'Call to check availabilty' for a few days, now they aren't listed anymore. I really hope they print more, but I'm affraid they're gone.

Need 8 more. I could order seven of them at a premium price (4 to 5 euro a piece) in an unofficial Lego shop, but the one I really want (Peter Pan) is allready sold out there.

Damn, it is literally the only minifig series I want to have complete because I'm a huge Disney-fan. Even my wife doesn't moan about how expensive it actually is (spent 45 euro's to get the 10 I have, with some doubles) and proposed to visit the toy shop tonight before we go to the supermarket (which is across the street of the toy store)

They've been switching between 'Sold out' and 'Call to check availabilty' for a few days, now they aren't listed anymore. I really hope they print more, but I'm affraid they're gone.

Need 8 more. I could order seven of them at a premium price (4 to 5 euro a piece) in an unofficial Lego shop, but the one I really want (Peter Pan) is allready sold out there.

Damn, it is literally the only minifig series I want to have complete because I'm a huge Disney-fan. Even my wife doesn't moan about how expensive it actually is (spent 45 euro's to get the 10 I have, with some doubles) and proposed to visit the toy shop tonight before we go to the supermarket (which is across the street of the toy store)

Plenty of boxes around here still, but a benefit on high Swedish prices is that we pretty much don't get scalpers.

TalesFromHoth

Neo Member
Brickworld LEGO Expo Chicago this weekend.

Has anyone ever been to this and if so did you enjoy it? I have the option of adding a brickloot sample box for another $10 as well, but the contents of that seems random according to the website.

Osahi

Only two disney bags left in the toy store. One had a square tile so i was sure i had him allready (mr incredible or syndrome), other felt like donald, which i still lack, so i bought it.

Now i have three mickeys in stead of two :(

Kyari

All three of these are rad, Gwen is super cool and I'm now torn between the two designs available.

Has anyone ever been to this and if so did you enjoy it? I have the option of adding a brickloot sample box for another $10 as well, but the contents of that seems random according to the website.

Ryuuroden exhibited his massive Orthanc there last year. I've not been so I can't comment....

Ryuuroden

I'm displaying orthanc again this year. Make sure you stop by and say hi. On the brickloot sample box I don't know but I did just make an epic killing on the buy a gallon bag and fill it with whatever Lego you want from about 10 massive bins of Lego for 20 dollars. Since the stuff I grabbed I had been ordering from bricklink, I know I got at least 100 dollars worth of bricks and that's a way lowball estimate till I get home and do a full inventory. It's probably closer to the 200 dollar range but I did spend at least 3 hours.

Tie bomber, 44 dollars, should I buy? No box
I was going to say no but I'd probably buy it for the old TIE window, printed pieces, and old TIE pilot that looks more like a black stormtrooper. And then I'd probably have buyer's remorse cuz it is pretty small and ugly.

The cheapest you'll get it is probably when it has 10% almost kind of sort of discounted when double-VIP is on.
Ya pretty much. I look at awd daily and have never seen a set like that (Death Star, modulars, etc) for less than regular price. In fact on awd it will usually be more even when the set is in print.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Bought Big Ben.... This is going to be fun.

Am I nuts, or was it announced at $200, and not $250?

edit:
And sorted. BECAUSE I DO WHAT I WANT!

ClVH7sb.jpg

8YcrmOe.gif

Also 71249 Marceline the Vampire Queen fun pack.

and The LEGO Batman Movie Story Pack

YOOOO Marceline!!

Will she be the first ever Lego Minifigure to have neck printing for her bite marks? ;p (but I wonder if they actually will include them, hopefully they don't do something weird like put them on her face, or somewhere on the torso part...)

I am so stoked for Year 2 of Dimensions. So many of these packs are must-have status compared to Year 1 it's insane. I think I might actually want everything that's been revealed so far.

I wonder if every wave will have a Story Pack or if it'll just be the 3? Ghostbusters 16 in September, Fantastic Beasts in November, I imagine Lego Batman Movie will coincide with his movie so probably in the final Wave of Season 2. Hmm!

Bought Big Ben.... This is going to be fun.

edit:
And sorted. BECAUSE I DO WHAT I WANT!

ClVH7sb.jpg

Looks sorted by set.

YOOOO Marceline!!

Will she be the first ever Lego Minifigure to have neck printing for her bite marks? ;p (but I wonder if they actually will include them, hopefully they don't do something weird like put them on her face, or somewhere on the torso part...).

Even if printed on neck how could anyone see it?

If they make Marceline a minidoll it would work. :)

Ryuuroden

Oh god, they are playing Lego battleship with space ships at the convention and these custom ships for the big battleship board are beautiful over 10,000 piece ships up to like 4 feet long. If they are sunk during the game the ship is tossed in the air by the creator and smashed into the concrete floor. There must of been tons of hours put into building them. Crazy!!! I got some amazing footage of ships including ones that have been blogged before getting destroyed. I'm sure stuff will start showing up on YouTube.

Oh god, they are playing Lego battleship with space ships at the convention and these custom ships for the big battleship board are beautiful over 10,000 piece ships up to like 4 feet long. If they are sunk during the game the ship is tossed in the air by the creator and smashed into the concrete floor. There must of been tons of hours put into building them. Crazy!!! I got some amazing footage of ships including ones that have been blogged before getting destroyed. I'm sure stuff will start showing up on YouTube.
That sounds horrifying. There better be slomo video.

Well, they have to reuse the bricks eventually.

I'm kinda OCD about not denting and scratching my LEGO bricks. I shudder to think about the damage to individual bricks when they smash those against concrete. I'm gonna have nightmares tonight.

Ryuuroden

Well, they have to reuse the bricks eventually.

I'm kinda OCD about not denting and scratching my LEGO bricks. I shudder to think about the damage to individual bricks when they smash those against concrete. I'm gonna have nightmares tonight.

One of them raised over 300 dollars to charity to be the person who got to smash it. I might consider tipping over Orthanc so it smashes after I show it next year after the 3rd expansion of it is done if it would raise a few thousand.

YOOOO Marceline!!

Will she be the first ever Lego Minifigure to have neck printing for her bite marks? ;p (but I wonder if they actually will include them, hopefully they don't do something weird like put them on her face, or somewhere on the torso part...)

I am so stoked for Year 2 of Dimensions. So many of these packs are must-have status compared to Year 1 it's insane. I think I might actually want everything that's been revealed so far.

I wonder if every wave will have a Story Pack or if it'll just be the 3? Ghostbusters 16 in September, Fantastic Beasts in November, I imagine Lego Batman Movie will coincide with his movie so probably in the final Wave of Season 2. Hmm!

I hear you... i am pretty excited about it myself, to the point of me going back to Dimensions hub worlds now to finish up gold bricks etc. which reminds me, i still have Midway Arcade and Dr Who level packs to go through!

Even if printed on neck how could anyone see it?

If they make Marceline a minidoll it would work. :)
How dare you even type such evil words.

Interesting point though, will Lego Friends ever wind up in Dimensions? Or is there just no hope of building that bridge?

I hear you... i am pretty excited about it myself, to the point of me going back to Dimensions hub worlds now to finish up gold bricks etc. which reminds me, i still have Midway Arcade and Dr Who level packs to go through!
Maaaan I haven't even opened my Starter Pack yet. I'm gonna have a very busy summer hehehehehe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom