• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT5| DARKNESS! NO MONEY! (or Break the Rules! Mix the Bags!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ninjago Movie info:

wVqP60q.jpg

What?!? Is this a reboot of the same characters? I thought it would be new cast of characters, not the same characters with new cast of voice actors. Expectations have been adjusted accordingly.

I don't have to worry about missing out on Detective's Office just because it's backordered, right? It's not going away anytime soon... right?

You never know. It's highly unlikely unless it's not selling well (like what happened with Town Hall). My money is you are OK. I still have Parisian Restaurant, Detective's Office, and Bank to catch up on modulars.

Apparently the SDCC minifigs this year are Captain America (Steve Rogers) in his new costume, and the Atom from the CW.

Via Sir Gareth on Eurobricks:

BAPK364.jpg

Gonna be a lot of deaths with Captain throwing that new shield around. Looks like I'm gonna have to resort to getting a substandard version of that new Captain America minifig. I really wish LEGO would start putting out those type of exclusives in in-store promotions. Something like the black TNMT minifig I can live without, but when they put out something as common as what's actually in comics as rare items I'm very sad.

Ponn

Banned
I'm having a real bad time right now. I was working on rearraning my shelves tonight and trying to dust and clean some of my models. I had one of my heart arrythmias followed by a black out and fell into one of the shelves and knocked it over. It was a quick one I didn't fall this time and the wall caught me. I had a panic attack though because it was a full shelf. I had my adam west bat cave, star destroyer, ucs xwing, snowspeeder, AT-AT and the new millenium falcon on it at the time. All of them are in pieces all over up and down my wall behind a bookself, in the bookshelf, boxes behind a tv and stand just all over. I had to take several valium to calm down. I don't know what to do, I can't put these back together, i can barely put new sets together, these all over the place in pieces. I'm done, just done. Gonna leave it till morning and then get a box and try and scoop all the pieces in a box and give them to my nephew.

I'm having a real bad time right now. I was working on rearraning my shelves tonight and trying to dust and clean some of my models. I had one of my heart arrythmias followed by a black out and fell into one of the shelves and knocked it over. It was a quick one I didn't fall this time and the wall caught me. I had a panic attack though because it was a full shelf. I had my adam west bat cave, star destroyer, ucs xwing, snowspeeder, AT-AT and the new millenium falcon on it at the time. All of them are in pieces all over up and down my wall behind a bookself, in the bookshelf, boxes behind a tv and stand just all over. I had to take several valium to calm down. I don't know what to do, I can't put these back together, i can barely put new sets together, these all over the place in pieces. I'm done, just done. Gonna leave it till morning and then get a box and try and scoop all the pieces in a box and give them to my nephew.

Oh, man. I am so sorry to hear that and about the continued problems. Just know that we are all here for you.

Wow that's awful. We're here for you. You've got a huge project ahead of you, but don't scrap all those awesome sets. Find a show on Netflix and binge watch and sort!

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward

I'm so sorry to hear that, buddy...
I've been having a really hard time myself these past couple weeks, so I can definitely empathize... Hang in there. SAWAP.

NysGAF

Sorry to hear about that. Sounds scary. Give yourself 24 hours before you make any big decisions like handing over your sets. That's what my wife would tell me to do and she's usually right.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member

Shit. I hope maybe someone from floridagaf can come over and help you reassemble your treasures.. I'm so sorry to read that.

Fantomex

Hey man, I've had tons of stuff fall on me and break before. I was so mad I threw it all in a tub and into a closet. Months later I got the tub and remembered how much I liked them, so day by day I started rebuilding and rearranging until I was done. Just hang in there and take some time, it's ok to be pissed.

Ponn, you gotta take it easy for a while... health concerns come first. I would indeed stay away from the whole thing for a while, sometimes it helps to clear your head, and fresh thoughts come to mind on how to handle things. Did you ever try meditation/Tai Chi/Yoga etc.? It helped me enormously during some harsh times in my life.

I'm so sorry about the health issues Ponn. Stay strong - we're all pulling for you.

teeny

Get well soon pal, I'm sorry to read that - stick the sets in a box and leave them alone for a while, there's no rush :)

Well, I guess I'm definitely not getting Big Ben now...

Gutted at the referendum result but what can you do?

Bought this little fella to cheer me up :)

So sorry to hear that Ponn. :( Like others have said, health first. Box those sets up, put them in a closet or your garage, and revisit them later. Take care of yourself buddy. I wish I lived closer (I'm in San Francisco) as I would be more than happy to come over and lend a helping hand. Stay strong and remember that you have us for support if needed.

ghostmind

Ponn, you gotta take it easy for a while... health concerns come first. I would indeed stay away from the whole thing for a while, sometimes it helps to clear your head, and fresh thoughts come to mind on how to handle things. Did you ever try meditation/Tai Chi/Yoga etc.? It helped me enormously during some harsh times in my life.

I would echo this advice Ponn - take a break for a while - the LEGO will still be there when you are ready.

I'm sure I join all of LEGO-GAF in wishing you all the best for your health.

teeny

Revolt! (The Leave-ones seem to be mostly old, grumpy grandpa's, so it's an easy win)

Just kidding, obviously. I will still try to get that London Bus promo in august

Eh, it will be easier to just move if it comes to that. ;)

I have never been overly patriotic but I am proud of some of my country's achievements - I have always felt that we are a progressive, sympathetic and idiosyncratic bunch but this has been shaken in the last few years. Mostly since leaving Uni and entering the real world from what I have come to realise is an echo chamber.

It is not just the result that I am disappointed with. I can handle opposing viewpoints and there were/are valid points in favour of leaving the EU. But this referendum has brought out the very worst. Not just in our politicians and public figures, but in my friends and family. I have never felt more ashamed than when listening to arguments and comments from people I know, people I'm related to.

Anyway, this is depressingly off topic and there are many other threads I can post in if I wish so I'll lay off now :)

Going to try and finish the bank (which I started in April) this weekend. Put an order in for the Lego City Service Truck (60073) to compliment the "under construction" part of my modular "street". Saw it listed here in a "best of the City / Creator" line and the portaloo has hilarious minifig potential.

Osahi, did you have any luck hunting down the Disney minifigs you needed?

TheFuzz

I would echo this advice Ponn - take a break for a while - the LEGO will still be there when you are ready.

I'm sure I join all of LEGO-GAF in wishing you all the best for your health.

Seconded. We are all like a family and love the hobby, but to put things into perspective: it's little pieces of colored plastic. There are far more important things in life, especially your health.

golem

Sorry to hear Ponn. I have two shattered ucs sets right now that came apart due to my own stupidity and haven't started rebuilding them yet, it seems so daunting. So I put them aside for now and built some easier sets :). Lego should be something that relaxes, not stresses, so please take care of your health and dont worry about the bricks. Maybe when you are ready you can have a great time rebuilding them together with your nephew, I'm sure he'd enjoy that :)

golem

Just go this email from Lego re: GT3 RS

Dear LEGO® Customer,

We’re really sorry to keep you waiting for your LEGO® Technic 42056 Porsche 911 GT3 RS.

We try really hard to make sure every LEGO set arrives in perfect condition and we’ve recently discovered that some boxes for the LEGO Technic Porsche are being damaged during shipping. We want to make sure LEGO fans ordering this set have the best experience, so we’ve decided to delay sending the sets until we’ve fixed the problem. Our teams are now working hard to improve the packaging and we plan to start sending out orders again in August.

We understand how disappointing this may be for you and would like to give you a $25 gift card for the inconvenience. We’ll send the gift card as soon as your LEGO Technic Porsche ships. It will arrive separately and can be used towards a future LEGO purchase.

Alternatively, you may be able to find the Porsche at a LEGO Store near you. Although quantities will be very limited, the boxes are getting to our stores without damage to the package. If you’re able to find one and want to cancel your current order, please call us at (800) 835-4386. We’re here for you from 8am to 10pm EST, Monday to Friday and from 10am to 6pm EST, Saturday and Sunday.

Kind regards,

Your Service Team

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
My Walmart had Ultra Agents 70163 for $25. Not sure if I'll like the set, but it looks to have a few unique pieces and minifigs.

Yikes, sorry to hear about this.

But that sounds like my storage/sorting method for sets I'm not displaying anymore. Basically throw them into bags and break them down as small as i can so they fit better in a box. I figure one day I will want to rebuild and then it'll be a huge project.

Ponn

Banned
Thanks for the support Lego-GAF, you really are the best GAF. I was freaking out last night and it was just one of my mental breaking points. I feel a little bit better today just really depressed. I threw a couple towels over the crime scene and i'm just gonna deal with it in a couple days when I feel better and more mentally prepared. This was much more of a mental blow to me and things i've been dealing with than a health issue. I think its time for that break from Lego i've been talking about.

Thanks for the support Lego-GAF, you really are the best GAF. I was freaking out last night and it was just one of my mental breaking points. I feel a little bit better today just really depressed. I threw a couple towels over the crime scene and i'm just gonna deal with it in a couple days when I feel better and more mentally prepared. This was much more of a mental blow to me and things i've been dealing with than a health issue. I think its time for that break from Lego i've been talking about.

Glad you are doing better today. Keep us updated!

Fishlake

Glad to see you doing better. Keep healthy first.

I totally understand the daunting task of a pile of Lego. I'm still not one organizing my own partly because no matter how many I stack together the pile decreases at an amazingly slow pace. It is a mental challenge.

Good luck Ponn, please don't be a stranger here even if you're taking a break from actively building!! Get well soon buddy!

Edit: Thinking about it, I might have a solution to the broken sets issue. Obviously take your time getting better and relaxing first, but if you do decide to come back to the hobby, here's what I would do if it happened to me:

1) Take all the partial sets and put them aside

2) Make sure you have all the spare pieces and put them in a separate bucket.

3) On a set-by-set basis, take them apart and rebuild them from scratch.

I know it feels daunting when you look at all of them broken at once, but say for example your Millennium Falcon broke. Take the big chunks, take them all the way apart, and then rebuild from step one, and when you get to pieces that were missing from your chunks, look through the bin of mixed parts for the ones you need.

I mean, depending on how many broke and into how many pieces this could still take a while, but since you're gonna take a break anyway you'll likely not be buying new sets so eventually you'd be able to come back to the stuff you had with a fresh outlook and get to enjoy building them again?

But still I echo the sentiments of others saying you should focus on yourself first and foremost. Good luck!!

R-User!

It is ugly in pics, and is kinda ugly in person. But the build is just so good. SNOT coming out everywhere, stuff going in upside down, etc. It is just a wonderfully realized build.

It may not look like much, but its got it where it counts.

Iunderstoodthatreference.jpg

Were Raven and the other not-revealed next wave LEGO Dimensions minifigs ever shown? I think there were 2 or 3 of them not shown.

Found this promo of Raven.

I found this Doctor Who video with Davros humorous. I couldn't find this anywhere else. I would have thought this would have been on LEGO Dimensions YouTube channel.

https://www.facebook.com/DoctorWho/videos/1418381578175865/

Ugh. Now i am not sure about this since i have never watched the newer cartoon, but i HAVE seen the old one and this doesn't really look all that much like her :( I am guessing it's based on the new one then right?

R-User!

Glad to hear you're feeling a little better. A break from LEGO sounds like it would be best for a while based on the situation. Most likely something good will come from the "catastrophe". Perhaps a different usage of your time for a while will lead to a better future for you health wise which will allow you to come back to LEGO with fresher steps. :)

As Phonciple Bone said, keep us in the loop and we'll help you how ever we can!

Actually, this event happening to you has brought me a little different perspective due to reading people's advice, and it has already made me feel better about my current status with LEGO, so there's that positive dynamic bubbling up already post event.

ghostmind

As per the BrickFan, we should be seeing some reveals from the LEGO Batman Movie, the LEGO Ninjago Movie, and the Adventure Time Ideas set as soon as today, at the 2016 Licensing Expo.

To follow up on this - apparently LEGO did show some upcoming sets at the Licensing Expo, but unfortunately it was done behind closed doors.

Hoping for some leaks, but I haven't seen anything yet.

Hmmm that Classic Knight promo set is kinda nice. Reminds me that the older castle sets were some of my favorites. Should have been a classic Forestmen promo set though!

Lol at the Nexo Knight to trigger the haters.

I hope this turns up soon around here. I will have a couple of orders to make on the 1st, the 15th and on the 1st of August, so I should be able to get it no matter what.

If there's one thing I love about Kmart is they usually have minifigs that haven't been touched. Finally found a nearly-new box of series 15 minifigs and with it a shark guy. I also got a few others but still. Shark Guy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom