• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT5| DARKNESS! NO MONEY! (or Break the Rules! Mix the Bags!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My USA Xbox One Star Wars Deluxe Edition came with 2 of the same Finn polybags inside. Is this an error? Was I supposed to get something else inside instead of the second Finn?

Yay new mighty micros announced

https://twitter.com/lego_group/status/748180669717745664

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/comic-con-batman-wonder-woman-907037

batman_vs._killer_moth_lego_set.jpg

Wonder%20Woman%20vs%20Doomsday_embed.jpg

Superman%20vs%20Bizarro_embed.jpg

I think I'll be buying all of those

Kyari

Oh man those new Mighty Micros! I know the prints on the figures are more simplified but its nice to be able to get some of these characters in some form. Especially Bizarro :D

Keen to see what the Marvel sets are

I would be interested in these if they sold them individually, there's usually one im interested in but not the other. Like the batcopter.

Monster Fighters Vampyre Castle on Amazon Warehouse for $127 if anyone is interested! To be honest, I have no idea what it normally goes for, but for a very popular, big, OOP Monster Fighters set, that seems like a pretty good deal as it's pretty close to MSRP.
That's a fun set. I really want more MF.

I'm tempted by this Ultra Agents because I meant to buy it for the brain but never saw it in stores and then it was oop: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ZGOH1NE/?tag=neogaf0e-20

I dunno if I can spend $35 on this.

Edit: On a totally separate note, this is so tempting...
The Atlantis series is probably the one I'm saddest that I missed during my dark ages. Absolutely love it.
This one seems too good to be true. That's pretty much MSRP for unopened new sets.

Yay new mighty micros announced
Superman%20vs%20Bizarro_embed.jpg

I think I'll be buying all of those

I really love the fact that Bizarro's car is identical to Superman's, only backwards.

This line has been a real winner, IMO. I wish the prints were a bit more detailed (leg printing would be great) but they're still entertaining as is.

mrkgoo

I really love the fact that Bizarro's car is identical to Superman's, only backwards.

This line has been a real winner, IMO. I wish the prints were a bit more detailed (leg printing would be great) but they're still entertaining as is.

Lol, nice spotting.

I'd be into the micros a bit more if they were actual mini figures with regular legs.

Are they supposed to be kids? Or just sort of chibified characters?

Currently looking for temporary work and send Lego a bunch of applications since I realized I qualify for alot of positions they have available... fingers crossed.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Finished the first bag of the Ferris Wheel. I'm endlessly impressed with the foresight someone has to have when designing a large model like this.

Fox Mulder

I didn't know they had licensed le mans cars until the other day.

Bought the Audi and it was fun, although I hate stickers. Now I gotta buy the pricier set to get the Porsche 919.

Lol, nice spotting.

Are they supposed to be kids? Or just sort of chibified characters?

I'm pretty sure they're just chibi characters. Every one of the available figs looks pretty solid if you stick a pair of regular legs on them. If I was more into scene-setting & taking pics I would definitely appreciate the variations that the heads offer.

I don't even build the vehicles, but imo it's worth it for the figs.

Reminder to grab this one for Halloween. Creepy Giraffe.

I find it hilarious that this is the alternate face of the girl.

What's the deal with this nightmare set? When is it available?

A question for those of you that have printed custom stickers for MOCs (I know Wetwired has):

What did you use to print them, or what services?
Also, what dimensions should the sticker be designed at to fit on a 1x4 tiles, or a 3x4 surface area?

I have made an arcade cabinet for a MOC, and am wanting to print up a screen to put on it, and maybe the title banner above the cabinet. This kinda stuff will also help if I want to print some custom stuff for the exterior or whatnot.

Looking for suggestions on either clear stickers or opaque ones.

Any feedback would be great.

Thanks for the reminder. I guess I need to stop at TRU soon.

Fake edit: is this only in Germany?

I recall it is available in Germany and Austria TRU's. I would imagine it will make it's way into other countries eventually. Unless it is recalled for scaring kids.

What's the deal with this nightmare set? When is it available?

I'm hoping it will make it's way to North America eventually. I want 2. It's gonna be a collector's item. :)

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
I've to decide between the 75145 resistance X-Wing and the 75150 Vader's TIE Advanced vs. A-Wing Starfighter both are reduced 10€ at the toy store here..thinking about buying one. anyone here got one of them? I hate that decision.
I mean the X-Wing got a better value with 740 pices vs 702 pieces..but of course that's not all there is to it.

I've to decide between the 75145 resistance X-Wing and the 75150 Vader's TIE Advanced vs. A-Wing Starfighter both are reduced 10€ at the toy store here..thinking about buying one. anyone here got one of them? I hate that decision.
I mean the X-Wing got a better value with 740 pices vs 702 pieces..but of course that's not all there is to it.

Do you have the 2012 X-Wing or the Force Awakens one from last year? If not I'd go with that as it's such an iconic ship. I've got both and am still considering it!

The duel is a decent set but something about it isn't calling out to me.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
Do you have the 2012 X-Wing or the Force Awakens one from last year? If not I'd go with that as it's such an iconic ship. I've got both and am still considering it!

The duel is a decent set but something about it isn't calling out to me.

No I only have Poes black x-wing as a model from revell but nothing from Lego so far! That's why this new set is so interesting ^_^ 85€ in the sale right now does not sound too bad.

Damn, I just got some 20% off member coupons to Barnes and Noble, but it turns out that they specifically rule out using them on LEGO. :(

For a second I thought I might be able to save nearly $60 on the Classic Batcave set.

Kwik-E Mart is $138 on awd but at "acceptable" in original packaging. I have no idea what that condition would be for LEGO.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00W677IOQ/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Last two "very good" sets I ordered on awd just came in and the boxes are trashed. I didn't check the bags yet but I'll probably build these soon to make sure nothing fell out. One box was completely open on one end and the other box had been reconstructed completely with clear packing tape over almost the whole box.

R-User!

Is it wierd that SAH has Ra's Al Ghul set listed for tomorrow July 1st, but I can't find out if it is being sold through Walmart, Target, TrU, or Amazon in advance?

I want to pick this up asap!

Ponn

Banned
Kwik-E Mart is $138 on awd but at "acceptable" in original packaging. I have no idea what that condition would be for LEGO.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00W677IOQ/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Last two "very good" sets I ordered on awd just came in and the boxes are trashed. I didn't check the bags yet but I'll probably build these soon to make sure nothing fell out. One box was completely open on one end and the other box had been reconstructed completely with clear packing tape over almost the whole box.

*ninja smoke appear*

AWD is a coin toss what you get thats why I hate their grading system. When trading stuff in very good rating requires packaging and everything to be in good condition but when it comes to them selling you stuff its not. That makes the grading system useless. I've gotten a couple very good sets with no box at all and some good rated sets in perfect condition. I have gotten some sets from AWD with some tears in the bag but pieces still all their. Honestly I would only order from AWD if you do not care about the box or condition of instruction book. As long as you don't care about those two things order away regardless of rating. If you happen to get an open bag and missing some pieces then call amazon CS, complain and get a credit and then shoot Lego an email with your missing pieces and get them. Win-Win.

Is it wierd that SAH has Ra's Al Ghul set listed for tomorrow July 1st, but I can't find out if it is being sold through Walmart, Target, TrU, or Amazon in advance?

I want to pick this up asap!

Amazon sometimes has the pages for releasing sets leak early but haven't seen that happen recently. Generally they will be up at 3am est on 1st of month. If its a store exclusive it probably won't be Amazon, I don't think amazon has ever had a Lego exclusive. It doesn't currently say its a hard to find set on the S@H at page which is usually an indicator of store exclusive. I dunno, will find out later tonight/tomorrow.

NINJA!
*ninja smoke disappear*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom