• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT5| DARKNESS! NO MONEY! (or Break the Rules! Mix the Bags!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
B-Wing was so good. Awesome and unique build, and looks fantastic on display.

Behind and above me right now.

Word. B-Wing is an incredible display piece. Like Phon, it's beside me right now.

zjMWu30.jpg

I need to reassemble my UCS Imperial Shuttle still, but seriously have nowhere big enough to put it. Same with Best Star. Thinking it is time they join the collective. Same with Haunted House.

Right now disassembling Ferris Wheel. Airjitzu is probably next, or Sea Cow. But Sea Cow easily fits on top of my tallest bookcase.

ruxtpin

Banned
Did anyone else's order for the Tie get cancelled? I got an email 7 hours later saying my payment was declined. Seems odd cuz that usually happens right when placing the order. Address on the card and everything was correct.

Edit: I've ordered stuff off this same card before >_<

Yes. Nothing like taking apart a Jamie Berard set and it completely breaking your organization because he gives you certain parts in bulk.
This is both a complaint and a compliment.

I need to reassemble my UCS Imperial Shuttle still, but seriously have nowhere big enough to put it. Same with Best Star. Thinking it is time they join the collective. Same with Haunted House.

Right now disassembling Ferris Wheel. Airjitzu is probably next, or Sea Cow. But Sea Cow easily fits on top of my tallest bookcase.

Wait, what? I could see dismantling some big sets and reconsidering their future, but with the collectible value of those sets I wouldn't just add them to the parts bin.

I might take down my Ferris Wheel as it's just standing on the floor. But the day I get enough space for a display table, I will want that thing there. The Sea Cow will probably be sold though, once I get tired of having it parked on top of Fire Brigade...

Wait, what? I could see dismantling some big sets and reconsidering their future, but with the collectible value of those sets I wouldn't just add them to the parts bin.

I might take down my Ferris Wheel as it's just standing on the floor. But the day I get enough space for a display table, I will want that thing there. The Sea Cow will probably be sold though, once I get tired of having it parked on top of Fire Brigade...
Orthanc and Ewok Village are already parts now. IS and Best Star are still disassembled from the move two years ago. While I have tons of room now, those still take up tons of space.
And Big Ben replaced Ferris Wheel on display.

My Ecto-1 arrived... and both the shipping box and the set looks like it's been mauled by a bear. Contacted Lego to see what can be done, but I wanted to build this today, dammit.

Why do they keep sending stuff in those paperthin boxes? There were a few air bags but only on the other side, the one that hadn't been stomped on.

Edit: And of course, adding insult to injury, here's Jang's review:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8VqBvKtmUo

Koren

Never had a problem either, but I mostly buy large sets from Lego (or PaB). The smallest box was probably Santa's workshop.

Also, I just bought Blue Power Jet. Still don't know exactly why (I like it, but I'm not sure I'll want to display it, space is limited), but Gaf enthusiasm is dangerous.

Ponn

Banned
Here's something terrible. She-Hulk fig though!

lnWju8u.jpg

That is just a terrible looking set. Reminds me of those terrible 80's and 90's toys. It will also be $50 or more because of two big figs.

Of note I think this confirms chinese booleggers got ahold of some early production of these new figs because there recent She-Hulk fig is an exact copy of that one. Coupled with the Atom and Hydra Cap figs this seals that Lego has a serious leak problem somewhere. I'm fully expecting an official set reveal soon with Spider-Gwen and baron zemo figs now. Maybe even Spawn. Spawn Lego Dimensions anyone?

Wait, there's a red She-Hulk?

Yea, she was shortly after Red Hulk came out so for awhile now. Lego-GAF needs to combine with Comics-GAF!! :)

ghostmind

Popping in for a LEGO alert...

TRU Canada has the creepy TRU Geoffrey the Girafe set as a free promo when you spend $25 on LEGO, starting today!

Here's something terrible. She-Hulk fig though!

lnWju8u.jpg

Thought was a bootleg at first due to the vehicles. Closer look at She-Hulk minfig though shows it's dual colored plastic which bootlegs don't have. Also, the multi stud shooter is something I don't believe bootleggers copied yet.

Definitely happy to see She-Hulk minfig. Red Hulks are nice too. I see they are continuing to make big dog Hulks with slight variations instead of something released earlier. Glad they kept purple pants.

I am speechless on vehicles. They make me angry. You don't want to see me angry.

I have these.

The medium size is too tall.

Four fit in each drawer with some extra space front to back for extra lengthy pieces.

Wrong thread. This isn't food storage OT thread. :)

Hopefully the fact that it's a relatively small set means that She-Hulk will be affordable solo. The rest is a complete waste, including the other characters for me.

Like the Red She-Hulk figure. But man that set better be like $20 if they want to sell it.

A set like that would still sell well at $30 purely based on minfigs, but it's more likely around $40ish price. $50 price wouldn't surprise me, but I would consider that too expensive to buy until 20% off or more.

EDIT: I understand the need to have play features, but I really, really wish they went with flying/hover vehicles instead of yet more "car" models. More swoosh, and less vroom please.

#moreswhooshlessvroom

IHaveIce

Banned
I like the Hulk set, it is purely based in my opinion to be viewed as a large scale Microfighters set. Awesome figs, which fall superhero sets do we know about yet alongside this?

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
I like the Hulk set, it is purely based in my opinion to be viewed as a large scale Microfighters set. Awesome figs, which fall superhero sets do we know about yet alongside this?
On the Twitter page TLG said its releasing 2017. Itll be a January wave ala the Iron Skull, Avenjet thing I think.

Its a weird set. Just looks like a full price Mighty Micro. Definitely agree about the recent forced inclusion of vehicles in Superhero sets.

Just noticed that the black bar used as a backrest in Hulk mobile looks like a new element. I don't recall seeing it in any sets.

Also, the Hulk mobile could easily be a Joker mobile with that color scheme. Luthor mobile as well.

ruxtpin

Banned
Wow really? I snagged 2 of them. Do those promos ever fetch anything decent on the secondary market? I've got 3 of those statue promos they just had, too.

Not sure, I like the retro look of these (got a couple of the spaceman set they did last year). Didn't snag the statue promo before. Suppose I could eBay it.

valkyre

So Gaf convinced me to buy the Ninjago temple! :)

So now i have Slave I UCS , Red Five X-Wing and Temple of Airjitzu to build!!

Wow really? I snagged 2 of them. Do those promos ever fetch anything decent on the secondary market? I've got 3 of those statue promos they just had, too.

Depends on the promo item. Check Bricklink using the set number or name of promo item. I believe the statue one would go for around $10+ dollars. Some can get as high as $20 area, but most promos don't get that high.

The Nexo Knight promo probably won't fetch much in aftermarket.

Edit: oops. The retro knight promo will probably go for 6-10 if the one like that hasn't been released in a long time. Got mixed up with LEGO calendar Nexo Knight coupon promo.

Jimbro72

Now lets see the back side. I have a feeling it's going to be open in the back to show interior detail and to keep it as a play set. But I like the looks of it, especially the height. Firmly on my want list now that I've seen it.

Osahi

Now lets see the back side. I have a feeling it's going to be open in the back to show interior detail and to keep it as a play set. But I like the looks of it, especially the height. Firmly on my want list now that I've seen it.

Looks like an open back. You can see de bit trough the gate.

Hope an official reveal is due soon. This will have minifigs right? (Please, no dolls)

On this episode of LegoGAF reacts to...

Well, it looks good, but I'm not blown away. Not possibly $400 blown away. It's a weird scale so it won't fit with anything, except, possibly, as a funfair attraction. It will have to have the most awesome exclusive figures for me to bite. Then again I've never been to Disneyland, so that castle is the opening credit to a bunch of movies and little else.

It's legit though. Those Elves railings don't exist elsewhere in white.

I shall get this at all costs

Even if its $400 I'll save a bunch of money

Holy fuck might be the GOAT lego set ever depending on how the back is (if its full of rooms and play features similar to the death star that would be awesome)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom