• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT5| DARKNESS! NO MONEY! (or Break the Rules! Mix the Bags!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand your feelings, but we don't know the price for sure yet. Could well be a 200 to 250 set too. Also we have bo certainty the set is limited to those five figs.

I love how it looks. Price coupled with more indo will be the deciding factor

Oh, see i thought that 400 dollar price tag would be known already? So that was actually just a rumor then with no official statements from Lego?

In that case, if it's around the 200 range...yeah i can get behind the whole concept MUCH better! Still hoping for other/more minifigs though.

Rootbeer

Banned
Oh that sweet, sweet Disney castle! My VIP points are ready!

My July S@H order containing the 2016 GB Ecto 1 & 2 and Rescue from Ra's al Ghul will be here Tuesday. Yay, new stuff!

Osahi

Oh, see i thought that 400 dollar price tag would be known already? So that was actually just a rumor then with no official statements from Lego?

In that case, if it's around the 200 range...yeah i can get behind the whole concept MUCH better! Still hoping for other/more minifigs though.

No official word as far as I know (and damn my touchscreen typos)

4,080 pieces, $349

A guess? Please be, because i can never justify that much money on one set.

it will be 350+ right :-(

Osahi

I saw it on Brothers Brick who reported it as confirmed, but I've just followed the link to their source and it says "reportedly 4,080 pieces... etc" so actually the info might be dodgy.

Ignore, possibly! 4,080 is quite a specific guess though. Ah well, there's some more photos at least.

http://wdwnt.com/blog/2016/07/photo...cial-cinderella-castle-model-at-disney-parks/

Well yeah. It's a rumour, but it can be correct offcource. 4080 is idd specific. Can't tell based on the pic if that's idd the ballpark for piece count in this thing, but it does look massive next to figs so it's probable I guess.

Damn, I would be so bummed out if this is a €399 set, as that is sadly what $349 translates to over here...

Comes with 1000 1x1 pearl gold round tiles.

Lol, How many circular 1x1 gold and silver tiles will it come with?
Or thousands of the gold coins that pirate sets had. You just have to twist them all loose. *shudder*

But a few thousand pearl gold pieces sounds awesome.

latest

It would be a weird build to get that shape.

No official word as far as I know (and damn my touchscreen typos)

A guess? Please be, because i can never justify that much money on one set.

it will be 350+ right :-(

they're charging 350 for the ghostbusters base. I would wager that the number of adults with incomes willing to drop stupid amounts of cash on disney things dwarfs the number of adults willing to spend similarly on ghostbusters, based on the madness i have seen and heard about at disney stores and parks. There is definitely the demand to support a premium disney lego. And probably a few modular-sized ones. and an annual regular-sized line of system sets indefinitely. and for fully-functional technic-piece-heavy models of some of the theme park rides. and constraction figures. and anything else we can brainstorm. i don't know how people keep buying this much mickey shit but they do.

granted, the number of kids aching for disney toys is also enormous, but they can totally cover all the pricepoints of disney fan over time.

I made an inventory of all my Collectible Minifigures. Turns out I have quite a lot. 180/307, not counting doubles (or the GB and Mannschaft series). No full series, but I'm pretty close on Series 15 (13/16), Series 14 (15/16), Series 12 (14/16) and Series 3 (15/16).

I should have more, but I have no idea where. None of these are in any display cases, but scattered around my city (and in Helm's Deep and wherever else I felt they fit). I sold most of the Series 1 as they were much to expensive to keep around.

It also turns out that it's kind of a waste to hide figures deep inside modulars where they'll never be seen again. I need to start taking them out after photographing, before I put the buildings into the city.

Finaj

Well, it's official. My small town of Goshen, NY will be the location of Legoland New York.

It will open in Spring of 2019.

Impulsor

I just got myself some cool sets.

From Lego Star wars:

Tydirium Imperial shuttle
Poe's X-Wing
First Order TIE Fighter

From Lego ideas:

Wall-e

Yay!

So I got the urge to get Mixels again but i'm so far behind. Would I be better served raiding stores to see what waves are left and pick up the missing members from Amazon or just buy the 3 packs they already have bundled?

So I got the urge to get Mixels again but i'm so far behind. Would I be better served raiding stores to see what waves are left and pick up the missing members from Amazon or just buy the 3 packs they already have bundled?

If you have a target near you I'd check them out. All my targets are REALLY far behind with stocking new waves from mixels. Like to the point its ridiculous. Series 8 is out but I still see series 5 and 4 at my local target in Dallas (and Houston)

They generally take like 8 months to start getting the new sets.

If you have a target near you I'd check them out. All my targets are REALLY far behind with stocking new waves from mixels. Like to the point its ridiculous. Series 8 is out but I still see series 5 and 4 at my local target in Dallas (and Houston)

They generally take like 8 months to start getting the new sets.
Yeah that's why I thought about hitting them up first because the other week I found only 1 set of series 4 orbitons which I got but now I want to find some others too.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I just noticed something about my official Nanoblock Cinderella Castle...Two tone on the exterior vs interior walls. Apparently that's a thing.

rd5XwG9l.jpg

Had just redone my organization, and now need to do it yet again. Breaking down sets has totally screwed the system as certain areas bulked up a lot more than anticipated. And I haven't even touched by backlist yet.

I think I am going to have to take some display space away to create storage. Which means Helicarrier might go bye bye. Or I am just going to have to get more creative with space.

I am at saturation point where I don't know if I want to buy more sets just for fear of nowhere to put them. Almost. I know it won't come to that.

I just noticed something about my official Nanoblock Cinderella Castle...Two tone on the exterior vs interior walls. Apparently that's a thing.

rd5XwG9l.jpg

Yes, the outer walls are a stone gray, and the inner walls/towers are an ivory white.

Not the gold/bright tan Lego appears to be using from the image.

Koren

Yes, the outer walls are a stone gray, and the inner walls/towers are an ivory white.

Not the gold/bright tan Lego appears to be using from the image.
Lego don't have ivory white, though and white is quite bad (it especially ages awfully)

I don't think bright yellow or tan would be that bad... Also, pictures can be misleading for colors.

Surely something else is planned

The two 'princesses' in the CMF line (Alice is prey yu much an honoury princess) Alice and Ariel have no presence yet there are rooms for Aurora, Belle, Cinderella and others that have no minifigs.

Somehow I can see them supplementing this with them with another product to get them.

If Bessa is the designer, it is probably a bit much to hope for Ewok Village level amount of figures. But I will be happy if the build is as good as that set. Still a benchmark.

TheFuzz

My heart stopped and my breath caught in my throat when I saw it. Holy shit not even the GB Firehouse got that kind of reaction from me and Ghostbusters is my favorite movie of all time.

Honestly disappointed by the Minifigs if they really did reprints of Donald and Daisy over Goofy or even Pluto. Hopefully they haven't all been revealed yet. Or hopefully we're getting a Disney CMF Series 2 because you can't NOT include them. I'm even surprised by the omission of Chip & Dale but they're like maybe one level down from the Main Three (though IMO just as important).

I said another $350 set would be too much.

I might have lied. It looks glorious.

So this happened. This years vacation set.
When I went to the store to get Big Ben, I saw the completed model on display. It was massive and awesome. Maybe someday. I think Unimog scratched my Technic itch for some time.

Edit: the great disassembly continues. In the last two days took apart Ferris Wheel, Indominous Rex, Family House, X-Men Blackbird, Big Bang Theory, and some other random small things I can't remember. That is a lot to add to the collective. Still have Scooby sets and Nexo Knights entire run to go. Fairground Mixer is next to die!

Probably going to add 15,000+ pcs to the collective in the next week, then dive into the backlist to open and just add in. Yes, I need to redo storage after this. That is a ton to add.

Jimbro72

Damn my shop@home order hasnt even shipped yet and i ordered on day 1

Same with me. Ordered on June 1st and still waiting for them to get their shit together and start actually shipping out those orders now that it's 6 weeks later. The free $25 credit they are throwing in for the delay is why I haven't bothered canceling and trying to pick one up in store. I can wait a bit longer. I have no shortage of stuff to build in the meantime.

This set was off my radar but for $40 I grabbed it and my son and I built it while staying in Toronto for Brickfete. Totally awesome! Both vehicles are great and would fit in any city scape. The play features are nice and they're both built like tanks.

How was Brickfete this year? I'm sorry we couldn't connect.

Had just redone my organization, and now need to do it yet again. Breaking down sets has totally screwed the system as certain areas bulked up a lot more than anticipated. And I haven't even touched by backlist yet.

I think I am going to have to take some display space away to create storage. Which means Helicarrier might go bye bye. Or I am just going to have to get more creative with space.

I am at saturation point where I don't know if I want to buy more sets just for fear of nowhere to put them. Almost. I know it won't come to that.

You need to introduce surplus/bulk items into your system if you don't already.

Eventually you may have to purge. I haven't sold sets yet, but have been selling surplus parts on Bricklink.

Ryuuroden

You need to introduce surplus/bulk items into your system if you don't already.

Eventually you may have to purge. I haven't sold sets yet, but have been selling surplus parts on Bricklink.

LEGO: The Purge: Anarchy, Which Lego will survive? Which will fall to the PURRRGE? coming to a cinema near you.

Surely something else is planned

The two 'princesses' in the CMF line (Alice is prey yu much an honoury princess) Alice and Ariel have no presence yet there are rooms for Aurora, Belle, Cinderella and others that have no minifigs.

Somehow I can see them supplementing this with them with another product to get them.

It's for the LEGO Princess minidolls!

I definitely think LEGO has future Disney princess minifigs plans too. I think they may be holding off a bit on them to not conflict too much with Disney Princess sets. They've already had 4 Disney Princess sets with Ariel so that may be part of reason she was in Disney CMFs. Actually, I wonder if LEGO Disney Princess theme is due to be sunset in a year or two or will they start cycling through some of the princesses they haven't even done yet.

LEGO: The Purge: Anarchy, Which Lego will survive? Which will fall to the PURRRGE? coming to a cinema near you.

Once a year, for 12 hours, significant others of AFOLs are allowed to purge their collections without any consequences. Since the purge, relationships have prospered in mixed relationships between AFOLs and non-AFOLs.

Is there a usual time of the year that LEGO usually retires older sets?

The Pet Shop and Perisian Restaurant are both on my wishlist, but it'll be a few months before I have the time for them.

They're older sets so I'm a little worried, is there any risk they'll disappear before October?

Is there a usual time of the year that LEGO usually retires older sets?

The Pet Shop and Perisian Restaurant are both on my wishlist, but it'll be a few months before I have the time for them.

They're older sets so I'm a little worried, is there any risk they'll disappear before October?

If you want these two, you should get them ASAP. If you can't afford them, that's understandable, but otherwise buy them now. If you can only afford one, get PS. They could disappear tomorrow or they could last three more years while PR and DO are retired early.

If I had any particular use for dark tan, I'd buy a second PC just for parts. I'd definitely get a second PS if it wasn't $70 more than PC for no apparent reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom