• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT5| DARKNESS! NO MONEY! (or Break the Rules! Mix the Bags!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
...long story short lots of stress inducing real life situations have been popping up on near daily basis ... So went on Lego online store and OMG the sets look amazing I want ... I think I'm going to crack at least ... Help me.

For your first order I suggest buying enough for a free shipping. Buy whatever you really want. You won't regret it but you may regret waiting if goes out of print.

Sigh

Two 1x1 sand green bricks went skittering off somewhere in my basement while building the Parisian Restaurant.

Been looking for them for an hour.

Guess it's time to hit Bricklink.

Don't forget to try LEGO customer service, they are quite awesome about stuff like that. If not, you may be able to use Bricks & Pieces if Bricklink prices are high.

This Thursday? Damn.
When it is put that way...

raw

NysGAF

Toys R Us has the City Cargo Train 60052 for $135.99. It's only 7.5% off, but that's enough to get me down to the store tomorrow. I can't wait to try my first train!

Maengun1

That castle is gorgeous and I'd love to build it....but still an easy pass since the Disney IP is just not that near and dear to my heart. And honestly, only 5 minifigs with only 1 totally new character is pretty dang paltry for a set of that magnitude. I see they're calling it Disney Castle instead of Cinderella Castle, which makes sense 'cause no Cinderella lol.

I've actually still never bought any single set over $200, even though a few tempt me more than this one (GB Firehouse says hi).

Now, if someone at Lego would whip up a 4000+ piece Hogwarts Castle, they can just empty out my bank account in advance.

Now, if someone at Lego would whip up a 4000+ piece Hogwarts Castle, they can just empty out my bank account in advance.
Haha, my largest set is actually the Diagon Alley set, which is large, but still only 2000 pieces. I love Harry Potter, but Diagon Alley was pretty much the only set I liked enough to buy.

The Classic Batman Batcave set will probably be my first over $200 set. Love that old show+movie.

They could have padded it with generic kids in Mickey ears!

Do the suits of armour count as minifigs?

OMFG Mouse Ear hats I would lose my mind, what an incredible idea!

I wonder if this is a One And Done set or if like the Simpsons they'll do another CMF wave + set next year too? I can't think of anything else they could do though, any sets based off of rides will just make me sad once the theme ends for the stuff that didn't get made.

I think my largest set is...the vampire castle from Monster Fighters and I think it'd take an act of Congress for me to put the darn thing together again

Impulsor

So I ordered the Ewok Village from the official Lego store website yesterday, got an email confirming shipment but did not get a tracking number like I usually do.

Anyone know what may be up?

The order numbers of all previous orders start with an X and this particualr one starts with a V.

And another thing, anyone has a size comparison of the Ewok vilalge with any star wars ship that is not a UCS? Like the Falcon or the X wing or something? I need to see how wide and deep it is to see if I'm gonna be able to display it in a certain space.

They've never given me tracking info and have told me they can't for Hawaii, even though they ship USPS via a US distribution center. But it's usually been very fast.

Impulsor

They've never given me tracking info and have told me they can't for Hawaii, even though they ship USPS via a US distribution center. But it's usually been very fast.

They always give me tracking number when I choose express delivery, as here in Europe they use DHL for express deliveries.

That's why I find it weird.

Oh well, I'll contact support.

Just saw the castle info and...i think they've made a mistake by not including at least ONE must have fig in there! Why? Because i believe i am probably not the ONLY AFOL around that is kind of on the fence with this set and leaning toward "no", BUT if they included that ONE must have fig like an exclusive Pluto, or Scrooge or Goofy or whatnot... it would have probably pushed me over the edge!

Koren

Sigh

Two 1x1 sand green bricks went skittering off somewhere in my basement while building the Parisian Restaurant.

Been looking for them for an hour.

Guess it's time to hit Bricklink.
As it has been said before, ask Lego... You can probably get those for free. They're just great.

They're olive green, but if you go through customer support, you'll choose among PR parts, so no chance if mistake there.

Impulsor

They always give me tracking number when I choose express delivery, as here in Europe they use DHL for express deliveries.

That's why I find it weird.

Oh well, I'll contact support.

Lol, the thing just turned up. I ordered yesterday, maybe at around 3 pm.

And here it is. No tracking or anything, it just showed up, less than 24 hours later.

I can't wait to put together my lego Endor scene with the Tydirium shuttle.

I have to find an AT ST, even if its a mini polybag one.

Impulsor

I think there's one rumoured to be coming out later this year. It might be rogue 1 based, but I'm sure it will look similar.

Cool to know.

Thanks for the heads up.

I'll try to get a polybag one for cheap and wait to see if theres a full ons et released with rogue one.

Rootbeer

Banned
Just saw the castle info and...i think they've made a mistake by not including at least ONE must have fig in there! Why? Because i believe i am probably not the ONLY AFOL around that is kind of on the fence with this set and leaning toward "no", BUT if they included that ONE must have fig like an exclusive Pluto, or Scrooge or Goofy or whatnot... it would have probably pushed me over the edge!
What, Tinkerbell is not "must have" enough for you!?

;)

Yeah the minifigs are not exciting. At least with the Simpsons house you were getting all the new molds before the CMF series hit. Here, you don't even get that.

And then let's not forget that the Kwik-E-Mart, while not that great in the minifig department either, at least gave us the exclusive Snake Jailbird figure with all-new head.

yeah, they could have done a lot better here. But I hope Disney CMF Series 2 comes in 2017, that will help make up for it.

Impulsor

So, a question about lego support.

Look at this defective print:

https://imgur.com/a/iMgiO

My cockpit print is completely off, like the piece was compeltely out of place when the print was applied.

So I went to support yesterday, and the piece is out of stock, marked with a yellow exclamation mark, as are all the minifigs in the set and all the other "important" pieces.

I want to think that this is done to prevent people from benefiting from the service and just asking for extra free minifigs or important peices, but I don't know.

How good is support with this and how long do they usually take to answer? If I can't get this done through support I'll just brick link the piece.

What, Tinkerbell is not "must have" enough for you!?

;)

Yeah the minifigs are not exciting. At least with the Simpsons house you were getting all the new molds before the CMF series hit. Here, you don't even get that.

And then let's not forget that the Kwik-E-Mart, while not that great in the minifig department either, at least gave us the exclusive Snake Jailbird figure with all-new head.

yeah, they could have done a lot better here. But I hope Disney CMF Series 2 comes in 2017, that will help make up for it.

Wow, i totally forgot about her LOL! That only shows just how much a TRUE must have fig is missing in this set though. I mean, Goofy, Scrooge, Pluto. Stuff like that... Although in a way it's not that bad since then, a lot of folks would be complaining that you have to buy a 350 dollar set JUST to get that fig ;)

As it has been said before, ask Lego... You can probably get those for free. They're just great.

They're olive green, but if you go through customer support, you'll choose among PR parts, so no chance if mistake there.

Yup brain freeze, meant Olive Green not Sand Green.

Well I guess this is as good as an excuse as any to clean up the basement. If not I will see if I can get them from support.

willp2003

So, a question about lego support.

Look at this defective print:

They normally take 24 hours to respond. Just explain politely and ask where you could get a new one, and they should just send you one. Offer to send them a picture and I'm sure they won't even question it.

...why is the kings mech $40 on Amazon? I have $10 in credit and was hoping to get it for $20 but for some reason they have that dumb price. It's not even sold out on the Lego store and is available for store pickup online at Walmart for the regular $30.

Also kind of random but is there some sort of design philosophy that prevents Lego from releasing a mech with two regular arms? They always have one stumpy arm with some weapon attached. I dont get why they can't have two regular arms AND a weapon held by the hand like in the kings mech

...why is the kings mech $40 on Amazon? I have $10 in credit and was hoping to get it for $20 but for some reason they have that dumb price. It's not even sold out on the Lego store and is available for store pickup online at Walmart for the regular $30.

Also kind of random but is there some sort of design philosophy that prevents Lego from releasing a mech with two regular arms? They always have one stumpy arm with some weapon attached. I dont get why they can't have two regular arms AND a weapon held by the hand like in the kings mech

99% sure the Kings Mech is a Walmart exclusive, so its probably a third party selling it on Amazon.

Impulsor

They normally take 24 hours to respond. Just explain politely and ask where you could get a new one, and they should just send you one. Offer to send them a picture and I'm sure they won't even question it.
That is exactly what I did. These same pics in fact.

99% sure the Kings Mech is a Walmart exclusive, so its probably a third party selling it on Amazon.
This is correct. Infernox is the TRU exclusive if you look for that too.

I built the Ecto-1 yesterday. An excellent build with some crazy techniques. I had no idea how the front lights were made, and you have to see the lengths they go to to make the wheels connect.

Also lots of useful parts. I will want multiples of the heads and hairs, so I might even buy another one to get tons of jumpers, brackets, hinges and those ever useful stud/bar handles.

TalesFromHoth

Neo Member
Anyone know if the Tower Bridge is near the end of its life cycle. I bought Big Ben and now I really want the Tower Bridge as a set piece and it's been out for quite a while. I'm wondering if I should just exchange one for the other as Big Ben is new and I can always pick it up later.

Anyone know if the Tower Bridge is near the end of its life cycle. I bought Big Ben and now I really want the Tower Bridge as a set piece and it's been out for quite a while. I'm wondering if I should just exchange one for the other as Big Ben is new and I can always pick it up later.

It'll retire any year now!!!

On a more serious note though... no one really knows i guess, it's been there forever and received a new box a while back even so it's anybody's guess...

Rootbeer

Banned
SDCC exclusive!

CnK9tD1UMAElX87.jpg

Want a Hydra-devoted Captain America of your very own?

LEGO will be giving out a new minifigure of Marvel’s Steve Rogers, a.k.a. Captain America, each day during San Diego’s Comic-Con International — and EW has an exclusive first look.

If you’re at the Con, head to the Pavilion Terrace at 12:30 p.m. each day to enter an instant drawing giveaway, to be fulfilled on the spot while supplies last. (One drawing per person, per day.)

Those not attending Comic-Con still have a chance to win a mini-Cap by keeping a close eye on @LEGO_Group and the hashtag #LEGOSDCC on Twitter on Friday, July 22 and Saturday, July 24.

https://twitter.com/LEGO_Group/status/752872673630228480

This pisses me off. I want that Sam Wilson Cap so much because that's been my favorite comic for a while, and the damn things are $250 on eBay. I think it really sucks when companies put greedy collectors over fans like this.

Not being a SDCC exclusive makes it more likely LEGO does a Sam Wilson cap. Probably would be more of a promo polybag, but who knows they may have a set with him considering how many Cap variants they've made so far.

I want that SDCC exclusive, but since I have so many cap variants, I can live without that one. Things like Captain Marvel/Shazam, Bizarro, Spider-Woman, end Phoenix/Jean Grey still pisses me off.

Ponn

Banned
Not being a SDCC exclusive makes it more likely LEGO does a Sam Wilson cap. Probably would be more of a promo polybag, but who knows they may have a set with him considering how many Cap variants they've made so far.

I want that SDCC exclusive, but since I have so many cap variants, I can live without that one. Things like Captain Marvel/Shazam, Bizarro, Spider-Woman, end Phoenix/Jean Grey still pisses me off.

You can get a Bizarro with short legs soon. You can call him Macro Bizarro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom