• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT5| DARKNESS! NO MONEY! (or Break the Rules! Mix the Bags!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You won't break me LEGO Gaf!

I already have the First Order Tie Fighter, and I don't need another gigantic one!

Someday LEGO will make a UCS I have to own... but this is not that day. R2D2 was technically my must have, but I missed out on him a few years ago :(

Osahi

You won't break me LEGO Gaf!

I already have the First Order Tie Fighter, and I don't need another gigantic one!

Someday LEGO will make a UCS I have to own... but this is not that day. R2D2 was technically my must have, but I missed out on him a few years ago :(
Yes you do. Follow your feelings young Padawan

Boogiepop

That Tie is nice, but I have the Episode VII one already and that's plenty big for me, so I think I'll pass.

BTW, the Lego City Police Swamp set is $50 which seems like a good price, but I'm thinking I'll pass on that too. Have it in my cart, but it just doesn't seem like that great of a set...

The swamp stuff was very forgettable, besides bringing us new crocodiles. Then again most City stuff is forgettable except when they do something really out of the ordinary, like the park pack.

Jang reviews Doc Ock

Damn... I will have to get this, won't I? I'm really not a huge Spider-Man fan, but plenty of his villains are iconic, and this Ock is amazing. The mech itself will be torn down for parts, but having an Ock to pose around the city is a must. Birdman can fight Falcon, I guess, and Nega-Panther can race Black Panther in the street.

However, this also means that I will get the bridge set. I guess I'll at least wait for a decent sale - it's not like this things will sell out at once.

Edit: Damn, this shop already has them for pretty much 25% off the standard (ridiculous) price, so it's not like other shops will have them cheaper anytime soon...

Pixels

Ahhhhh bought the Tie and then decided to get the Amazon card, cancelled the Tie and now it won't let me order or again ahhhhhhhh

Impulsor

Koren

Out of curiosity, is it common to have small mistakes in Bricklink orders? Or am I just unlucky?

Not sure it's trustworthy (or, rather, I'm sure it's not).

I sometimes scout Brickpickers forum, there's a thread there of people trying to predict sets going out of production (for investment purpose), but currently, even them are quite clueless.

Those ships are ... weird...
I agree, but recently, most SW ships are uglier than actual "uglies". Also, Rogue 1 being circa 4 BBY, I would find strange to see a lot of new ships, especially on the Empire side. But that's SW, it often doesn't make sense.

Jang also reviewed the Ra's set. It's meh but great minifigures for Batman fans. Unfortunately a Walmart exclusive or Lego online (not in store).

I'll throw the bricks on my sort pile.

Boogiepop

Was gonna get that little swamp Helicopter that was 50% off, had it in my cart, and was thinking about it with like 7 minutes left on the timer (IE the one for how long you have to act on it while it's in your cart). Decided to go for it... and Amazon booted it from my cart despite it having plenty of time left. That's... kinda lame, Amazon. Though I'm not super hurt since it was kind of a toss-up as to whether or not I even wanted the thing.

Keaner

Neo Member
Out of curiosity, is it common to have small mistakes in Bricklink orders? Or am I just unlucky?
Yeah, it happens every once in a while. I've found that the sellers are always great at correcting the problem, though (either through a refund or actually sending the correct parts).

Picked up my discounted Wal*Mart UCS Tie Fighter today. Got nervous when the picture in the email showed the First Order Tie Fighter.

Odds are I'll return it to the LEGO Store and get the VW Beetle.

Linkified

No worries. Tell us what themes you like and we'll suggest all the sets you should buy. Also how to buy below MSRP. You came to the right place to help you buy LEGO.

LEGO is my therapy as well for dealing with stress.

I find building Legos very comforting. It just calms me down and makes me feel good. maybe try a small set that looks interesting to you. I recommend a Mixel for something really small but with great value.

I also like to keep a set or 2 around me so that my hands do more then biting nails an picking nose. I have Kopaka U and Quake beast right next to me right now and I've figured out a way to attach Kopaka's sword and shield to his back playing around with him.

Thanks guys : )

One question on Lego online shop if it says 'Out of Stock - expected ship date' does that mean that they will get enough to cover enough stock to cover orders or after one more shipment it OOP?

Koren

Yeah, it happens every once in a while. I've found that the sellers are always great at correcting the problem, though (either through a refund or actually sending the correct parts).
3 out of 3 for me (well, out of 4, but the 4th one was only two dozen pieces)... A missing lot or two, or wrong colors.

They indeed offered to resend the parts, but for 1$, I let it pass... But that's a bit annoying, since you're always missing something for your crurent projct :/

Ponn

Banned
Because I'd rather have a 200$ Store Credit at the LEGO Store.

If I return it at Wal*Mart they'll either give me what I paid (140) or if I'm lucky a gift card for 200 to use there.

Wait...This is a thing? If so, I may do this. :-X

Not to start something but just fair warning this is called return fraud and is frowned upon by even CAG. Not gonna lecture, its up to you if you do it but its probably best to keep it to yourself, even more so since we have people that actually work at Lego Stores here so openly talking about return fraud to their stores is...eek.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Not to start something but just fair warning this is called return fraud and is frowned upon by even CAG. Not gonna lecture, its up to you if you do it but its probably best to keep it to yourself, even more so since we have people that actually work at Lego Stores here so openly talking about return fraud to their stores is...eek.

Oh in that case, I'm not gonna do that. Outside of some of the bullshit prices on certain sets, I respect The LEGO Group. I have a PM I need to check about a possible trade deal. Otherwise, I'll just return it and use the funds for a new set!

I'm disassembling and sorting sets tonight to relax, and I come across a lone cat whisker. Someone has been sneaking on the desk when I am at work. Someone fat and orange.

Little cute bastard.

EDIT: Finally finished taking down Family House. Yeah, Creator sets are nothing but glorified parts packs masked as cool builds.

Impulsor

Done with my star wars space ship builds. Finished FO Tie Fighter + Pope's X-Wing in one sitting on Monday and yesterday I finished with the Imperial shuttle Tydirium.

Next week I'll start with the ewok village and then I'll wait till September to get an At St.

That will pretty much be it for me for a long while though.

I'm disassembling and sorting sets tonight to relax, and I come across a lone cat whisker. Someone has been sneaking on the desk when I am at work. Someone fat and orange.

Little cute bastard.

EDIT: Finally finished taking down Family House. Yeah, Creator sets are nothing but glorified parts packs masked as cool builds.

That's the set that broke me on non-Friends houses. The interior is so shamefully, embarrassingly empty and devoid of any interesting builds at all. Never again.

Thanks guys : )

One question on Lego online shop if it says 'Out of Stock - expected ship date' does that mean that they will get enough to cover enough stock to cover orders or after one more shipment it OOP?

Yes, they expect enough stock to cover orders. Not sure how accurate they are, but that's that is the intention. They probably have some estimated or actual number of more stock coming and when orders exceed that they set status to "sold out" or "call for availability".

That's the set that broke me on non-Friends houses. The interior is so shamefully, embarrassingly empty and devoid of any interesting builds at all. Never again.
I bought it as a parts pack, but liked the build overall. The interior is definitely lacking, but still cool stuff. But seeing all the parts laid out shows me it was really just a glorified parts pack.

With the LEGO Elves success, LEGO should do an anime Friends theme next.

28176055901_79a65aa646_n.jpg

LEGO Custom Miku Hatsune! by Chris Rozek, on Flickr

There would need to be Japanese school girl outfits off course.

Little cute bastard.

Yes when it comes down to it, that is what Creator sets are but they do come up with some creative builds with those parts backs...though most of the building ones can be kinda bland at times.

Linkified

Yes, they expect enough stock to cover orders. Not sure how accurate they are, but that's that is the intention. They probably have some estimated or actual number of more stock coming and when orders exceed that they set status to "sold out" or "call for availability".

When it goes sold out is that the set OOP?

Debating about ordering Beetle tonight and waiting for it to ship, or making a day trip on Friday to the LEGO store to buy it then. That drive without AC would be brutal.

R-User!

Debating about ordering Beetle tonight and waiting for it to ship, or making a day trip on Friday to the LEGO store to buy it then. That drive without AC would be brutal.

It can't be more brutal than waiting a few days for the Beetle to show up...

You know what you need to do... ;)

ghostmind

BH9WiMS.jpg

We simply can’t contain ourselves anymore! We’re extremely excited to be able to share with you official details of the upcoming LEGO Ideas 21308 Adventure Time set. In fact, we’re so excited that we’re giving you all a peek at the official product image well in advance of the 1st of January, 2017 official launch of this set.

Here is the official product description:

Build LEGO® brick versions of eight of your favorite Adventure Time characters and role-play scenes from the awesome Cartoon Network show. This set includes Finn, Jake, Princess Bubblegum, Lady Rainicorn, Marceline, BMO, Gunter and Ice King. Use the included accessories to create your own stories and make every day a fun adventure!

Fan designer, Ludovic, shares his experiences:

Originally designed by LEGO Ideas member Ludovic Piraud, better known to some in the fan community as aBetterMonkey, Ludovic experienced watching Adventure Time as "a good way to escape the routine after a hard day at work and to recharge the batteries".

"The appeal for adult viewers like me I think comes from how it taps into the nostalgia of childhood play fantasies where imagination goes wild. As does playing with LEGO bricks, as a matter of fact", Ludovic goes on to tell about his interest in Adventure Time.

When asked how it felt once he learned his project had gained 10,000 supporters and later was selected to become one of the next official LEGO Ideas sets, Ludovic explained "It felt unreal. I didn't think at first that what started as a fun little challenging pet project would receive so much support so fast. I was even afraid at some point that I would not have the time to submit the last update before the 10000th vote hit! That was really thrilling and I started to think that I may have a chance to tell my kids one day "See this LEGO set? Your dad made it!". Now that it's passed the LEGO review we know it's going to happen and that makes me very, very happy."

--

21308 Adventure Time contains 495 bricks and will be available to purchase on the 1st of January, 2017 for a recommended retail price of USD 49.99.

Keep an eye on the LEGO Ideas blog for more details, closer to the launch date.

I'm kind of mixed on them. I like Ice King, BMO, and Lady the most. Jake looks odd and PB is a little too square. Finn and Marceline are okay I guess.

I'm probably not getting this since its not a whole lot of stuff for $50 though. If it ever goes on sale for $20 I might pick this up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom