• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT5| DARKNESS! NO MONEY! (or Break the Rules! Mix the Bags!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gerg

LEGO Power Rangers in 2017

One of the things I remember making out of LEGO (or possibly Duplo) as a child was a Power Rangers megazord. It's a shame the sets will most likely be based on the new film (and not the classic designs), but it will be great to see what they look like.

Ryuuroden

This would be the shit. Give me a LEGO skatepark!

Friends has a Lego Skatepark

maxresdefault.jpg

wetwired

13 sets just for the Batman movie? And a CMF series! 2017 is gonna be an expensive year.

They better have a bunch of those ridiculous Batman outfits in the CMF series.

I'm hopeful we do get a variety of sports like that.

I have a feeling my Batman minifig frame is going to need an expansion come January

Rootbeer

Banned
Well, I made a pilgrimage to the LEGO store today and got everything except the babysitter from Series 16. I was disappointed in myself for not being able to feel her out but it just was not meant to be. I'll have to complete the collection over the course of the month from closer stores as stock makes its way into hands.

Thankfully it was the last time I have to make that long trip out there, as starting in August I'll have my own store close to work. I'm about to be living on easy mode! FINALLY. Now the real test is seeing if a LEGO store can survive in San Francisco where almost every single toy store has closed. Perhaps that will be an advantage, but they seem to have a really hard time staying in business.

I also don't know how LEGO handles operating stores in expensive parts of the country and rather they are going to increase prices or not.

Very much looking forward to all that LEGO Batman stuff coming out next year!

An entire CMF series devoted to Batman... this is a dream!

A CMF Batman series could be awesome given his rogues gallery. But if they go deep on Bat family it will be terrible to feel out figs. Pointy ears in every pouch!

I mentioned it a couple days ago, but it got lost in all the SDCC news. We are getting a LEGO Batman Movie CMF series, which should be releasing in January with the 13 sets.

hmm i hope some of the sets are locations, and there arent too many sweet minifigures exclusive to super-expensive vehicles. I already have too many superhero vehicles that I don't really like...

Oh cool, glad they rebounded after Ferarri

The Ferrari may not have the "charm" of the Camper & Mini, but it is a terrific set. The way they accomplished the lines is fantastic.

I am putting together UCS Tie wings right now. I just realized that whenever I know I need to build two of something I Phon's "build them both at once" advice. Sage wisdom indeed.

Wetwired - your Burton Batmobile is unsurprisingly incredible. Nicely done.

Oh cool, glad they rebounded after Ferarri

I loved the Ferrari. But PalaceBrother puts it best:

The Ferrari may not have the "charm" of the Camper & Mini, but it is a terrific set. The way they accomplished the lines is fantastic.

I am putting together UCS Tie wings right now. I just realized that whenever I know I need to build two of something I Phon's "build them both at once" advice. Sage wisdom indeed.

Wetwired - your Burton Batmobile is unsurprisingly incredible. Nicely done.

And yes, if you need to do multiples of something, doing it all at once is best. Oh, building all the cars for the ferris wheel at once took so much room. Of course, both wings of the UCS TIE took a ton of room.

Well, I made a pilgrimage to the LEGO store today and got everything except the babysitter from Series 16. I was disappointed in myself for not being able to feel her out but it just was not meant to be. I'll have to complete the collection over the course of the month from closer stores as stock makes its way into hands.

Thankfully it was the last time I have to make that long trip out there, as starting in August I'll have my own store close to work. I'm about to be living on easy mode! FINALLY. Now the real test is seeing if a LEGO store can survive in San Francisco where almost every single toy store has closed. Perhaps that will be an advantage, but they seem to have a really hard time staying in business.

I also don't know how LEGO handles operating stores in expensive parts of the country and rather they are going to increase prices or not.

Very much looking forward to all that LEGO Batman stuff coming out next year!

An entire CMF series devoted to Batman... this is a dream!

I think they can do it because the stores actually can be in a very small footprint. I believe the smallest one in California was the one I went to at South Coast Mall in Costa Mesa. At times, they had to keep some sets in the back because they didn't have enough shelf space.

Keep in mind the CMF series is probably based on movie. My hopes are they dedicate several to the ridiculous Batsuits. From the trailer, I believe I saw some hair moulds that don't exist (yet) which would be nice. They'll probably have Bruce Wayne and his ward not in costume. Also, like in The LEGO Movie, they put some minifigs in the CMF line that had very little screen time (cat lady, shakespeare, mermaid queen, etc).

A CMF Batman series could be awesome given his rogues gallery. But if they go deep on Bat family it will be terrible to feel out figs. Pointy ears in every pouch!

El Murcielago will be easy to feel out with that sombrero. I think the Batman CMF series will be strictly based on the movie so I don't think they'll go too far into the Bat family. I hope I'm wrong cuz I want Batmite and Ace! Also, the style may be some cartoonish variant such as the Joker.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I guess I'll pick up ferarri eventually, but man the bug is so enticing

massive step up from the original too

It begins... 2017 set catalog info:

3pwMEKG.jpg

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales

u9LyoNQ.jpg

oitTkuS.png

LEGO Sports

f2me5K7.jpg

Cars 3

I'm guessing it's not just soccer, but a variety of sports. Non-licensed. A Basketball court, skate park, stuff you can put in a city.
If you look at this post, you can already see that it will be licensed sport sets. That is Messi in his Barcelona jersey, which is a team from Spain. Messi is considered one of the two best football / soccer players in the world together with C. Ronaldo.

Koren

Hehe. I tried to keep mine close to minifig-scale, but the extra width on your model looks better IMO.
If I'm not mistaken, both are 10x25 or 26, although Wetwired's car front is as large as the back instead of narrower.

Both are really nice, anyway... I want to try to replicate your work.

ghostmind

So this morning we have a poster on 4chan claiming he "faked" all the leaks from yesterday (Sports, PotC, Cars 3, MMPR).

This wouldn't be new, as we have incorrect info being spread repeatedly at this time of year, when the first retailer catalogs for the coming year are sent out. What would be new is the effort taken to photoshop these "leaks", if they were indeed faked.

However, this isn't the first time I have heard about LEGO Sports for next year, so I would advise not to discount these leaks entirely, but take them with large grains of salt until we get further verification (or not).

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
So this morning we have a poster on 4chan claiming he "faked" all the leaks from yesterday (Sports, PotC, Cars 3, MMPR).

This wouldn't be new, as we have incorrect info being spread repeatedly at this time of year, when the first retailer catalogs for the coming year are sent out. What would be new is the effort taken to photoshop these "leaks", if they were indeed faked.

However, this isn't the first time I have heard about LEGO Sports for next year, so I would advise not to discount these leaks entirely, but take them with large grains of salt until we get further verification (or not).

I'd almost be happier if those leaks were faked. Power Rangers would be rad, but Sports, PotC, and Cars 3 would be a waste of shelf space in stores for me personally.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
If you look at this post, you can already see that it will be licensed sport sets. That is Messi in his Barcelona jersey, which is a team from Spain. Messi is considered one of the two best football / soccer players in the world together with C. Ronaldo.

Pic of Messi was not in the original post.

Ryuuroden

I've also heard about Lego sports for next year from multiple sources. There is also an amusement park set of a certain type of ride you all want in the works for hopefully late next year. Would be in the creator expert line.

I'd have to get permission which would take a while. Probably easier to wait til the movie is out then I can share all of them.

If you picked up on that one you'll love some of the others I did, assuming they're in the movie

Oh man this makes me super hyped. I instantly recognized all of those.

TheFuzz

If I'm not mistaken, both are 10x25 or 26, although Wetwired's car front is as large as the back instead of narrower.

Both are really nice, anyway... I want to try to replicate your work.
Thanks. Mine is a 8x up front, Wet's looks to be at least 10. If you need close-ups or anything just shoot me a PM and I'll try and grab some this week.

If you're in the UK, there's a few sets on amazon that are around a third off at the moment, new ones. It's to price-match the Argos 3 for 2, I think.

Just ordered Vacation Getaways for £36.33. 2-5 week delivery but a decent price.

Pic of Messi was not in the original post.
That explains it.

I'd almost be happier if those leaks were faked. Power Rangers would be rad, but Sports, PotC, and Cars 3 would be a waste of shelf space in stores for me personally.

You do understand there would be a lot of happy kids with a Cars 3 product line, right? Not everything has to cater to AFOLs.

If LEGO was for kids they'd make it all in bright colours and put it in the toy section in stores.

--

Has anyone seen anything of the B-Model for Bucket Wheel Excavator? If I buy it, it's gonna be for the B-Model but it looks quite small on the box compared to the A-Model, like it's not using a significant number of the parts. I'm not sure if that's just an illusion or what.

10365561_988154734575563_4265623204693114864_o.jpg

I'm still toying with the idea of buying three of them from Argos, haha. How can I shift two massive LEGO sets? Price won't be an issue, but, like, shipping will be mad. Does anyone in the UK sell LEGO locally, what sites do you use?

Boogiepop

Man, toying with the idea of maybe getting Lego Dimensions since it should currently work out to like $40 for the PS4 version from Best Buy for today, but I'm not sure. How often do the little packs for it go on sale, and around what price? Some of the upcoming stuff has me kind of wanting to go for it, but I'm kind of terrified of the overall cost of things, as well as the physical space this stuff may end up taking up, since I'm already well into the amiibo hole...

wetwired

Thanks. Mine is a 8x up front, Wet's looks to be at least 10. If you need close-ups or anything just shoot me a PM and I'll try and grab some this week.

Yeah mine is 10, 4 for the middle curved part and 3 on each side. It shouldn't narrow at the back though, it's pretty much the same as the front it just curves in and back out again

Koren

Thanks. Mine is a 8x up front, Wet's looks to be at least 10.
It is, but both are 10x on the back. So I don't think the overall scale is different.

The shape is, on the other way. My clouded memory would believe that the back was larger on the original (although I'd be inclined to think I'm wrong), so yours may be more faithful on this part, even if having an additional stud open other possibilities...

if you need close-ups or anything just shoot me a PM and I'll try and grab some this week.
Thanks... I lack many pieces, though, so I'll put your works on my inpirational list for coming BL orders. I'll remember your offer, but I probably won't need more details before some time (if ever, the pictures are already good)

Friends has a Lego Skatepark

maxresdefault.jpg

I helped my niece build this set and the little vending machine was the coolest thing I've seen in a long time. I still think about it months later and should probably just look up the directions and see if I have the parts to make one. Or just get the set...

iosefe

If LEGO was for kids they'd make it all in bright colours and put it in the toy section in stores.

--

Has anyone seen anything of the B-Model for Bucket Wheel Excavator? If I buy it, it's gonna be for the B-Model but it looks quite small on the box compared to the A-Model, like it's not using a significant number of the parts. I'm not sure if that's just an illusion or what.

10365561_988154734575563_4265623204693114864_o.jpg

I'm still toying with the idea of buying three of them from Argos, haha. How can I shift two massive LEGO sets? Price won't be an issue, but, like, shipping will be mad. Does anyone in the UK sell LEGO locally, what sites do you use?

the reveal presentation said it all
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAS6KmgCQ_w

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom