• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT5| DARKNESS! NO MONEY! (or Break the Rules! Mix the Bags!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maengun1

Little heads up, Amazon has the Mini Cooper set on warehouse deals listed as "used -- like new" for $86. It seems they will have several, back-ordered for August 3rd. Says packaging may be damaged but otherwise ..."like new".

Not sure what to expect exactly, but it's direct from Amazon, I don't care about packaging, and the set has been on my wishlist for a while, so I'll check it out for 14% off.

edit: whoops nevermind, just checked the page and it's gone. So I got the only one
KuGsj.gif
wtzgU.gif

Anyone here got 3108 Changing Seasons? Seen it on sale somewhere and wondering whether to go for it or not...It kinda speaks to me but i am unsure...

It is a mind blowingly awesome Creator set, certainly one of my three personal favorites in the last few years (Treehouse Adventures and Bike Shop & Cafe being the other two).

It is a mind blowingly awesome Creator set, certainly one of my three personal favorites in the last few years (Treehouse Adventures and Bike Shop & Cafe being the other two).

Good to know, i like the way most of the builds look, it just seems REALLY small compared to past Creator houses though... Which is your favorite build to display? I am also digging the included Lightbrick for the grill (or Chimney)

Good to know, i like the way most of the builds look, it just seems REALLY small compared to past Creator houses though... Which is your favorite build to display? I am also digging the included Lightbrick for the grill (or Chimney)

It is smaller than the previous houses but the alternate builds make it a better value proposition for me overall, they are all charming and sensible. They made great use of different colors of angled bricks for different looks, I really love this set. It's no Family House in terms of size, but it needn't be.

teeny

Advent calendar pics are on hoth bricks. On my phone so am having trouble copying them.

Edit: here's the Star Wars figs.

FAB3355C-F363-404E-9762-1F5A25C72FC9_zpsduwfg98j.jpg

I like some of these, happy with the Wookie. Though no Force Awakens characters is a little disappointing.

And I'm getting a little tired of Hoth troopers from both sides :p Feels like I have more of those than anything else, though I guess it makes sense.

Ponn

Banned
Nice, i still need to unseal mine... have you watched the movie yet that came with it?

edit: lol @Ghostmind

Naw, I didn't the last one either. They always end up going to my little cousins as gifts. The last one I watched was the Bizarro one but they all eventually end up on CN at some point.

Advent calendar pics are on hoth bricks. On my phone so am having trouble copying them.

Thats a pretty cool collection of figs. i still need a RoTJ Luke for my Vader fig to fight so I might pick that up. I like the Abominable Wookie too.

Just thinking back to the Disney Castle video and me freaking out at Mike Psiaki wearing a Star Wars helmet. But others on here pointed out it wasn't Star Wars but something else we couldn't place.

Was it a helmet from the new Power Rangers film? Could he be making some of those sets?

ghostmind

Some information starting to leak out for the 1H 2017 wave, starting with Star Wars:

- Yoda's hut
- Landspeeder (Tusken Raider encounter) - I really hope this includes a Bantha
- Desert skiff (again?)
- Duel of the Fates
- Rogue One battle packs
- at least one Rebels set (with new Kanan and Admiral Thrawn)

Jimbro72

Some information starting to leak out for the 1H 2017 wave, starting with Star Wars:

- Yoda's hut
- Landspeeder (Tusken Raider encounter) - I really hope this includes a Bantha
- Desert skiff (again?)
- Duel of the Fates
- Rogue One battle packs
- at least one Rebels set (with new Kanan and Admiral Thrawn)

Yoda's hut is long over due but yet another skiff and landspeeder? I hope there is something to set these apart from the previous many releases. A Bantha would be great. One of the biggest exclusions from SW over the 18 yrs LEGO has had the license.

Help me LEGO GAF. We had a big party on the weekend, kids were kids and I found a ton of LEGO all over the basement floor. No biggie, but I have three things I need help identifying.

1) Who's torso is that? I can't find an Obi-Wan or Anakin one that matches
2) Who's legs are these? They look Ninjago but can't be sure
3) What did this double A-frame build fall off of?! I'm suspecting a Marvel or SW set but can't be sure.

Nothing got too badly damaged so I guess that's the take-away!

ghostmind

Help me LEGO GAF. We had a big party on the weekend, kids were kids and I found a ton of LEGO all over the basement floor. No biggie, but I have three things I need help identifying.

1) Who's torso is that? I can't find an Obi-Wan or Anakin one that matches
2) Who's legs are these? They look Ninjago but can't be sure
3) What did this double A-frame build fall off of?! I'm suspecting a Marvel or SW set but can't be sure.

Nothing got too badly damaged so I guess that's the take-away!

1. Plo Koon from either 8093 or 7676
2. Kai from 70500
3. Nindroid Attack glider from 70725

Qj5dPMf.gif

More Death Star speculation - the comment "divided" seems to be the key, and not in that the set will put some people off, but that it could be a half-sphere, bisected vertically, with one side being the exterior of the Death Star, and the other being a series of vignettes from inside it.

This possibility has me excited, as it would be a new take, rather than a new version of the previous DS.

Imagine it being two half spheres that open up like simpsons house. How incredible would that be?
This is what I was expecting actually, a mix of the first and second sets. Closed it would look like the first one, open it would have vignettes like the second one. I wonder how expensive it'll be and how many people are gonna buy two?

In a somewhat unusual move, LEGO is releasing two "skin packs" for Minecraft in September:

MC2lLaM.jpg

FhZQ7Jz.jpg
What the...

Well, that Eye Robot looks sweet as hell so I guess they got me. I wonder if there will be a Wave 4 of Minecraft Lego?

Man getting laid off has really fucked my Lego lifestyle. I don't wanna buy shit on my credit cards and go into debt when I'm not making any money right now but all these sets are passing me by and my wish list is growing. CMFs just came out, I gotta get the Ghostbusters Ecto 1 & 2 set, I still need Parisian Restaurant and Brick Bank, I don't have ANY of the Minecraft Wave 3 sets. *struggles to hold back tears* It's just... it's just so hard sometimes you guys!!

Curse you again LEGO! I only would want that advent set for Abominable Wookie and the 3PO droid. I may shell out the $15-$20 those two minifigs will probably cost in after-market. Sigh.

In a somewhat unusual move, LEGO is releasing two "skin packs" for Minecraft in September:

MC2lLaM.jpg

FhZQ7Jz.jpg

Minecraft must be selling decent for LEGO to do something like that. It makes a lot of business sense too to milk that head mould as much as possible too since it won't have too many uses after Minecraft theme is done.

I hope it sells really well and LEGO starts Super Hero "skin" sets with variants for the comic book crowd like me. Just wishful thinking on my part.

From LEGO Reddit:

fY2785K.jpg

LOL. Proves why Deadpool has a high price on his head. Literally has a price on his head of $5 new on Bricklink.

No idea how, but some seller on Bricklink has 151 Deadpool minifigs NEW and 300+ heads NEW.

This is what I was expecting actually, a mix of the first and second sets. Closed it would look like the first one, open it would have vignettes like the second one. I wonder how expensive it'll be and how many people are gonna buy two?

What the...

Well, that Eye Robot looks sweet as hell so I guess they got me. I wonder if there will be a Wave 4 of Minecraft Lego?

Man getting laid off has really fucked my Lego lifestyle. I don't wanna buy shit on my credit cards and go into debt when I'm not making any money right now but all these sets are passing me by and my wish list is growing. CMFs just came out, I gotta get the Ghostbusters Ecto 1 & 2 set, I still need Parisian Restaurant and Brick Bank, I don't have ANY of the Minecraft Wave 3 sets. *struggles to hold back tears* It's just... it's just so hard sometimes you guys!!

Sorry to hear that. If you no longer are tied to LEGO store, is it possible for you to sell some stuff now? That could help you get by until you find something else.
As much as I joke here about spending money on LEGO, one should do it responsibly.
If you were to prioritize, I think Ecto 1 is highest priority.
Minecraft sets don't seem to carry a big aftermarket premium for now and most if not all of Wave 3 should be around until next summer. Only Minecraft items that carry a premium are the unique prints in higher priced sets like the Wolf head.

Sorry to hear that. If you no longer are tied to LEGO store, is it possible for you to sell some stuff now? That could help you get by until you find something else.
As much as I joke here about spending money on LEGO, one should do it responsibly.
If you were to prioritize, I think Ecto 1 is highest priority.
Minecraft sets don't seem to carry a big aftermarket premium for now and most if not all of Wave 3 should be around until next summer. Only Minecraft items that carry a premium are the unique prints in higher priced sets like the Wolf head.

Yeah I actually have a giant box in my attic of sets I've been meaning to sell. Life's been a little hectic (and it's about to get more hectic in about two weeks when my girlfriend moves in with me) so I haven't had a chance to get around to it yet but I have at least a few things (Raptor Escape, 2014 Star Wars Advent Calendar) that I imagine will sell for sure that could cover the cost of the Ecto-1 & 2 at least. I actually have no idea what those are worth now huh.

*looks on eBay*

Hooooooly shit Raptor Escape alone could cover Ecto 1 & 2 plus some CMF with ease O____O

I always feel weird about trying to price stuff I want to sell. I mean, ideally I'd like to get as much as I can for it, but at the same time, I don't wanna be like the fuckin scalpers that would come in to work and buy up everything just to drive up prices. And I wouldn't want to price it out of the range of actual lego fans looking for sets they missed but I also don't have any way of knowing who would be buying from me.

I guess since these are old sets it's not so bad, it's not like I'm taking shit off the shelves that's in demand now just so I can resell it, but it still feels weird having sets in my attic that I paid so little for but are worth soooo much more now @__@

Edit: Jeez even on Bricklink it's gone up so much. Nice redesign btw! Gah it's been that long since I've bought any Lego, I hadn't even seen the new BrickLink until just now. I wonder what the last thing I bought was... probably the Disney CMF and before that... I guess my Final Purchases back in February? Oog ;___;

From LEGO Reddit:

fY2785K.jpg

Amazing... is that the new S16 Mariachi fig then? I really have to get my Deadpool out for some more shenanigans one of these days...

Also: Yoda's Hut?? FINALLY!!! Watch my hype be utterly deflated by it being some lowly 30 bucks set though and not a glorious fully detailed hut complete with environment etc.

ghostmind

Amazing... is that the new S16 Mariachi fig then? I really have to get my Deadpool out for some more shenanigans one of these days...

Also: Yoda's Hut?? FINALLY!!! Watch my hype be utterly deflated by it being some lowly 30 bucks set though and not a glorious fully detailed hut complete with environment etc.

It's is a 1H set, when the smaller sets are released, so match your expectations.

I don't have details though, so we could be pleasantly surprised.

I found a B-Wing for half off.. It's Lego and Star Wars so one half of me wants to grab it. On the other hand, it's a B-Wing so meh..

I also found a deal for the Treehouse Adventures for 17% off that I really want to grab. Not sure if I need a second, but it's such an adorable set..

teeny

I found a B-Wing for half off.. It's Lego and Star Wars so one half of me wants to grab it. On the other hand, it's a B-Wing so meh..

I also found a deal for the Treehouse Adventures for 17% off that I really want to grab. Not sure if I need a second, but it's such an adorable set..

What's wrong with B-Wings!?

I got 75050 for half price and found the build worth it, plus the minifigures are cool too.

What's wrong with B-Wings!?

I got 75050 for half price and found the build worth it, plus the minifigures are cool too.

The craft itself is pretty cool but every Lego version of it has been pretty underwhelming, even the UCS. The thing just doesn't lend itself to a nice looking build methinks.

teeny

The craft itself is pretty cool but every Lego version of it has been pretty underwhelming, even the UCS. The thing just doesn't lend itself to a nice looking build methinks.

Looking at mine, actually, I think I agree. :( I've been meaning to find a way of displaying it open, but the UCS one looks kind of awkward like that too.

Looking at mine, actually, I think I agree. :( I've been meaning to find a way of displaying it open, but the UCS one looks kind of awkward like that too.

Yeah.. They actually fixed up pretty much everything that looks wrong with it in the Resistance Troop Carrier but that's a bit too pricy for me unless I find it on a sale.

teeny

Yeah.. They actually fixed up pretty much everything that looks wrong with it in the Resistance Troop Carrier but that's a bit too pricy for me unless I find it on a sale.

That's on my wishlist too. I suspect it will become discounted at some point, I don't think it's been that popular despite reviews stating how good of a build it is.

Has there been any rumblings about a new series of microfighters? I can't find any evidence for it on the usual Lego blogs/forums but I was really hoping for some more Force Awakens and Rogue One sets in that series.

I always feel weird about trying to price stuff I want to sell. I mean, ideally I'd like to get as much as I can for it, but at the same time, I don't wanna be like the fuckin scalpers that would come in to work and buy up everything just to drive up prices. And I wouldn't want to price it out of the range of actual lego fans looking for sets they missed but I also don't have any way of knowing who would be buying from me.

I guess since these are old sets it's not so bad, it's not like I'm taking shit off the shelves that's in demand now just so I can resell it, but it still feels weird having sets in my attic that I paid so little for but are worth soooo much more now @__@

Price them to sell; about 10% cheaper than the cheapest available and you will get rid of them fast. Also keep in mind the Ebay chargers, which can get quite hefty. You could try to sell them on a forum, which would save you those costs.

Just_one

IS the pet shop a good build? Already Have the cinema,parisian restaurant and detective office. Having build those(and Loved it) what can i expect from the pet shop??

Maengun1

I'm probably biased because the Pet Shop was the first modular I built, but it's one of my favorites to put together, the brown building in particular.

Yes, the new UCS Death Star will be $499.99USD.

Prepare your wallets.

Has this been confirmed?

Wow, there hasn't been a $500 set since the UCS Falcon. And the last $400 sets (Best Star and SSD) are now retired. I was for sure the new Cinderella Castle was going to be $400 but they surprised us with a $350 price tag. And Big Ben at $250 was a nice surprise. I hope the new Death Star justifies its $500 price tag.

valkyre

Lego Gaf i have a question that i need help.

I have a sealed Ninjago Airjitzu Temple set and I am considering exchanging it for 2 used (built only once in mint condition with box and everything) modular sets.

Specifically Palace Cinema and Parisian Restaurant...

Shall I go for it??

Please help.

Lego Gaf i have a question that i need help.

I have a sealed Ninjago Airjitzu Temple set and I am considering exchanging it for 2 used (built only once in mint condition with box and everything) modular sets.

Specifically Palace Cinema and Parisian Restaurant...

Shall I go for it??

Please help.

I would do that trade in a heartbeat. If you decide to pass, feel free provide me the other guy's contact info. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom