• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT5| DARKNESS! NO MONEY! (or Break the Rules! Mix the Bags!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Potomac Mills VA store told me there will be double VIP points next weekend (5-7). Don't know if it's just that store. I assume it's to capitalize on Virginia Tax Free weekend since the mall will probably be a zoo.

Toxi

Banned
Bionicle was just cancelled again

The sales must have been HORRIBLE to cancel this early. I guess that's why I saw so many sets in the clearance bin and target/Walmart never stocked any summer sets...

All I wanted was a big $30 makuta (main bad guy) set and i would have been satisfied with this reboot. Oh well, the story sucked but some of the sets we got were cool.

The ones I got will have a spot on my shelf for a long time :)
Fuck.

And this time it's probably for good. :-( As someone who actually bought all the sets and enjoyed many of them, it sucks. I was hoping for at least one more year.

Fuck.

And this time it's probably for good. :-( As someone who actually bought all the sets and enjoyed many of them, it sucks. I was hoping for at least one more year.

I was expecting one more year too, and have immensely loved the sets as well but I do think you are mostly right. I wouldn't be surprised if it comes back again but not for at least another 10 years or so :(

I just came home from my trip and couldn't wait until tomorrow, so I built the Futuron Monorail. First impressions: yay, I have a train! Second impressions: man, this thing is huge, where the hell will I put it? Third impressions: Hmmm, how many sets would I need to get now to complete the Futuron line...?

I just came home from my trip and couldn't wait until tomorrow, so I built the Futuron Monorail. First impressions: yay, I have a train! Second impressions: man, this thing is huge, where the hell will I put it? Third impressions: Hmmm, how many sets would I need to get now to complete the Futuron line...?

I don't remember the Futuron line being all that big, I believe there were a couple of bases and then a few smaller sets but that was it. Oh and a ship with a really biiiiiiiig blue window

I don't remember the Futuron line being all that big, I believe there were a couple of bases and then a few smaller sets but that was it. Oh and a ship with a really biiiiiiiig blue window

I have the ship and three of the smaller ones, so it shouldn't be a problem. I just don't know if I'll go for it though.

I have the ship and three of the smaller ones, so it shouldn't be a problem. I just don't know if I'll go for it though.

If you are asking LEGOGAF, the answer is YES.

Think of it this way, it would have move value and/or easier to unload if it is the complete theme.

zGYcFDf.jpg

I'm missing one or two track pieces from my old Futuron monorail. Debating whether or not to buy it to finish it. Have no idea if the motor still works.

Will we ever have another Lego GAF competition? There are so many cool small Creator sets out there, I just need a reason to pick one over the other..

mclem

Potomac Mills VA store told me there will be double VIP points next weekend (5-7). Don't know if it's just that store. I assume it's to capitalize on Virginia Tax Free weekend since the mall will probably be a zoo.

It's also the weekend the Olympics starts, dunno if Lego has a history of doing offers to coincide with it?

iosefe

That promo is for kids that play at the City Primary ramp.

make a car, do an obstacle course. Get a free ramp with cars

I built the X-Men vs the Sentinel set. I've been wanting to get it for the figures for some time (especially Storm). Well, the figures are great, except Cyclops who just looks so dull in this outfit. I would have wanted the early nineties/Children of the Atom designs rather than these, but they're okay.

The Sentinel is a very dull figure, especially when compared to Groot, not to mention other "mechs". The ship looks great though. It's super sleek, although there is that slight problem of all the Marvel jets being dark blue. I'll keep it around for now (if I can find a spare rooftop to put it on), but it's the first candidate for stealing parts.

Overall, not a super exciting set (which is why I didn't already have it) but it was quite alright, and since I didn't have a version of any of the characters (including Sentinel) they'll come in handy. It's just a shame that the place didn't have the Deadpool copter.

Rootbeer

Banned
Very small order placed containing:
40220 London Bus
75141 Kanan's Speeder Bike
76060 Doctor Strange's Sanctum
76067 Tanker Truck Takedown

Since the London Bus promo will be over before my new LEGO store opens later this month.

I really, really want some of those other new marvel and dc sets (as well as a few SW sets I've yet to grab). Gonna have to be very picky and choosy. Still the deluge of Rogue One coming VERY soon and a typhoon of The LEGO Batman Movie around 3 months after. So much to plan for. Oh and let's not forget LEGO Dimensions year 2.

Wanderer5

Woo, went to my local target again, and course by now they had the new sets, so Ghost Rider set obtained.:D I had my eyes on the Dr. Strange set too, but I would check that out later.

So excited that Ghost Rider has arrived. It is so cool that he gets a actual set (yeah it is a team-up under a spidey line, but he still is pretty much the main star of it :p).

Edit: Built and done. Motorcycle was fun to build, and looks really cool. Hobgoblin's jet is fine enough, and the corner piece is kind of nice, especially the traffic light. All three minifigures are just so good, beside Spidey's lack of double mold that is (Ghost Rider can get away with it more).:p

Got a whole bunch of new stuff in at work today. Spidey Doc Ock set, Scarecrow Harvest, and new Friends sets. I have a feeling the Friends' Hot Dog Cart and Rollercoaster will be the first purchases. Seeing those in person makes them very hard to resist.

I think this is my goal before the Disney Castle hits. I only have the Guardians and Hulkbuster sets (oh and the last Quinjet but I still haven't built it). I want the Civil War lineup. Looks like I get almost everybody with the Airport Battle and the Tanker Truck sets. Just need Black Panther and Falcon from there.

The Spidey bridge fight is very tempting too but, much like Avengers Tower, I know I'd need two of them and I try not to do that anymore ;p

Impressive line-up! But what is Hulkbuster doing on the wrong side?
Lol forgot to move him lol
I think this is my goal before the Disney Castle hits. I only have the Guardians and Hulkbuster sets (oh and the last Quinjet but I still haven't built it). I want the Civil War lineup. Looks like I get almost everybody with the Airport Battle and the Tanker Truck sets. Just need Black Panther and Falcon from there.

The Spidey bridge fight is very tempting too but, much like Avengers Tower, I know I'd need two of them and I try not to do that anymore ;p
Yeah I kept it mostly to the movie figures. Because if I didn't I know I would make myself bankrupt lol

Wanderer5

Seeing a review of the Dr. Strange set and man pretty cool that you can turn the monster's tentacles and eyes a bit.

Also hm Dr. Strange's cape is all one piece, rather than the collar piece being separate.

I was just looking at the new pirate CMF and it made me realize something.

I hate the bald caps.

In the past we've been conditioned to think that the stud was a bare Minifigure head. Spider-Man, Captain America, and other super heroes wearing masks have the stud visible because that's the shape of a bald minifigure head. I understand the real-world reason it's a stud, but:

But the bald caps, as seen on the pirate, and Shakespeare and I think at least one more, tell us that the top of a minifigure's head is actually supposed to be rounded and smooth. If this was actually the case though why wouldn't Spidey and Cap and others have smooth caps to put over their studs, giving their heads the apparently "normal" smooth roundness that bald or balding minifigure's have?

Even the Mad Scientist from the Monsters CMF line, has a special headpiece that they EASILY could have made smooth and rounded on top, but they didn't, it's just a bare stud.

How about some consistency, Lego? Which is it? Is a bald minifig head supposed to be a stud, or a smooth dome?

I hate the bald caps.

In the past we've been conditioned to think that the stud was a bare Minifigure head. Spider-Man, Captain America, and other super heroes wearing masks have the stud visible because that's the shape of a bald minifigure head. I understand the real-world reason it's a stud, but:

But the bald caps, as seen on the pirate, and Shakespeare and I think at least one more, tell us that the top of a minifigure's head is actually supposed to be rounded and smooth. If this was actually the case though why wouldn't Spidey and Cap and others have smooth caps to put over their studs, giving their heads the apparently "normal" smooth roundness that bald or balding minifigure's have?

Even the Mad Scientist from the Monsters CMF line, has a special headpiece that they EASILY could have made smooth and rounded on top, but they didn't, it's just a bare stud.

How about some consistency, Lego? Which is it? Is a bald minifig head supposed to be a stud, or a smooth dome?

Arrr you go!

4KqHMEG.jpg

I hate the bald caps.

Lego seems like the last hobby you'd want to get into with that kind of OCD.

ninge

Somehow in the last 7 days me and the wife have gone from never ever wanting to buy any starwars lego because we have a big enough city already (what with the trains and the modulars and the creator buildings etc) to buying an AT-AT and AT-ST off ebay and the Millennium Falcon, Poes X-wing, First Order Tie, Rey's Speeder, Kylo Ren's shuttle and the bloody Ewok Village....

It's a sickness :(

Damn you Smyth's Toys marking things down and damn you 3 for 2 Argos toy sale! *shakes fist*

And we now officially have a Lego backlog for the first time ever. What have we done?!!?

EDIT: I finally got around to combining two creator cafe/bike shops together tho. First half shown here, will take a pic of the bike shop half tonight.

And a bonus sneaky-peak at a new forest / campstite / river area we are building. The train track is very temporary! I will try to take a few more pics of our city and post them :)

The front edge of the hill with the ferris wheel on desperately needs some sort of fence/veranda adding! It's not very minifig child friendly at the moment :p

Rootbeer

Banned
It's the Sabine with Helmet situation all over again... except worse.

Since Ahsoka is not going to reappear in Season 3 (confirmed at SW Celebration) there is no telling when she might pop up in another set.

iosefe

Damn you, TRU.

Not a fan of the the new thing TLG is trying out. These sets aren't available in LEGO stores, which is silly because it is THE store for LEGO products

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom