• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT5| DARKNESS! NO MONEY! (or Break the Rules! Mix the Bags!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

IHaveIce

Banned
January:
76071 Mighty Micros: Spider-Man vs Scorpion
76072 Mighty Micros: Iron Man vs Thanos
76073 Mighty Micros: Wolverine vs Magneto
76076 Captain America Jet Pursuit
76077 Detroit Steel Strikes
76078 Hulk vs Red Hulk

Spring:
76079 GotG 1
76080 GotG 2
76081 GotG 3

do we know what is supposed in the detroit steel strikes set`?

mclem

Is there any tool that allows me to cross-reference a parts list with a S@H Pick A Brick stock count? You can do it with the 'missing bricks' tool - at least, you can look up a set and it'll give you the list of what they have available for that set - but there doesn't seem to be an equivalent for the basic Pick A Brick

That Caterham looks quite dull, I think. Probably amazing if you have some emotional attachment to the car but I'll be surprised if this sells well to the mainstream.

Yeah, i don't but... i kinda feel compelled to get it since i got all the other cars in (roughly) that size. I mean, i know they are a different line (Creator) but it would probably sit nicely with the Camper, the Mini etc.

Sparse

And on a similar note, on the new Shop@Home, where's the page that details the free kit for spending £x gone? Or is there not one currently up in the UK?

I'm in the UK and got 30422-1 Kai's Mini Dragon with my order.

I don't know if it's because of the site refresh, or because I spent over a certain amount, but I got a card cutout of the spiky haired lego worker that thanks me for my order, and says that they've included an extra treat to say thanks (which turned out to be 30305-1: Spider-Man Super Jumper).

Edit: this page (and specifically this one for the dragon) basically 404, which is weird, as the second one is accessed from a banner across the top of the VIP promotions page.

ghostmind

To conclude the seasonal set vibe for this year, 40205 Toy Workshop:

luaRtWr.jpg

Taisaijin

luaRtWr.jpg

Wow.. not sure how I feel about the Aardman'esque
design on these sets. Definitely wasn't feeling the Thanksgiving / Pilgrim promo, and this feels like more of the same.

Give me more of the micro holiday train or the elves workshop promo they did along w 10245.. these designs don't seem to 'fit' anywhere in the lineup.

ghostmind

DC Super Hero Girls 2017 1H:

41230 Batgirl's Batjet
41231 Harley Quinn's Cafe Rescue
41232 The High School
41233 Lashida's Action Rider
41234 Bumblebee's Helicopter
41235 Wonder Woman's Dorm

ghostmind

Star Wars 2017 1H:

75144 UCS Snowspeeder
75160 U-Wing Fighter (Microfighter)
75161 TIE Striker (Microfighter)
75162 Y-Wing Fighter (Microfighter)
75163 Krennic's Imperial Shuttle (Microfighter)
75164 Rebel Battle Pack
75165 Imperial Battle Pack
75168 Yoda's Jedi Starfighter
75169 Landspeeder
75170 Phantom Mark II
75171 Bunker Battle
75172 Y-Wing Starfighter
75173 Duel of the Fates
75174 Desert Skiff
75179 ROTJ Rebel Hanger (not official name)
75523 Shore Trooper
75523 Chirrut Imwe
75524 Baze Malbus

More to come, as exclusives are not listed in the retailer catalogs.

Koren

Reminder to everyone... CMFs were only $1.99 in 2010. Price is already double. Screw another price increase.
Bought the last series for 2.15€ in my supermarket, which usually sells Lego sets for normal price. Availability is tricky, though, they sometimes get a box.

Series 16 is 2.59€ on Lego online store currently (they updated the shop interface, by the way... still full of bugs :/ )

I don't understand the prices...

teeny

Nice, I hope Krennic's shuttle, you know, comes with Krennic. Will probably pick up the Y-Wing and Landspeeder too.

We are missing two other microfighters, aren't we?

Ponn

Banned
76077: Agent Coulson (with L.O.L.A.), Detroit Steel, and Iron Man (Invincible armour)

76076: Captain America, Ms. Marvel (Kamala Khan), Super-Adaptoid

I never expected that to happen. I for sure thought we would see an official Spider Gwen before Kamala.

3N16MA

Banned
Wish it was UCS Y Wing.

Yes, please.

I'm on a mission to get every ship from the OT that I deem a classic. Once completed I will have my entire boyhood dream in LEGO UCS form.

Problem is I have to wait until TLG releases previous UCS sets that have been retired. I was originally going to do with non UCS sets but could not pass on the X-Wing when it retired and then decided on UCS all the way.

Snowspeeder makes new happy since it's on my list.

Risible

I'm about to be triggered.

3.99 is already an outrage.

Reminder to everyone... CMFs were only $1.99 in 2010. Price is already double. Screw another price increase.

I fell off the Lego bandwagon hard due to pricing. I realized it was a kind of mania when I realized that I would see a $200 plastic building block toy and think "That's reasonable." No, it's not.

I've owned crappy used CARS that cost a fraction of that price - granted 30 years ago but still.

Don't tell Slayven, he'll get triggered.

It needs to be a Spider Gwen set featuring a few Captain Marvel variants for that to happen.

I fell off the Lego bandwagon hard due to pricing. I realized it was a kind of mania when I realized that I would see a $200 plastic building block toy and think "That's reasonable." No, it's not.

I've owned crappy used CARS that cost a fraction of that price - granted 30 years ago but still.

My purchasing has slowed down tremendously in the last several months. There are a few evergreen series that I love like the cars, modulars & holiday sets. More and more I'm realizing that my interest in licensed sets is either large UCS ships or just collecting the figs; the latter of which leaves me feeling incredibly guilty. I hate buying a $75 set just to put it together and disassemble it immediately....my sorted collective keeps growing but I so rarely build MOCs. It'd be easier if I was only interested in Star Wars, but Marvel has been killing it with Marvel (and to a lesser extent, DC) figs recently.

Depending on your personality, Risible is spot on with the "mania" comment. LEGOGAF is a terrific, positive community - but it's easy to get wrapped up in the hype and feel the need to get in on every recommended set.

Also, I'm impressed that you've owned cars that are a fraction of $200 ;)

luaRtWr.jpg

Seems I'm in the minority. I like the set. Not enough to buy it or if a promo I would sell it. Doesn't seem to be any unique or hard-to-find parts so I probably can build it with my current inventory.

I don't think is creepy like the TRU giraffe. It's more of a goofy vibe to me.

DC Super Hero Girls 2017 1H:

41230 Batgirl's Batjet
41231 Harley Quinn's Cafe Rescue
41232 The High School
41233 Lashida's Action Rider
41234 Bumblebee's Helicopter
41235 Wonder Woman's Dorm

I don't recall from earlier posts, was it confirmed to be minidolls?

I'm about to be triggered.

3.99 is already an outrage.

I know. Last hike was about a 33% increase. They better be putting out a lot more new and cool moulds in each series if they increase the price.

I can deal with it if it's a $0.25 increase. $1 increase would be a huge slap in the face. I wonder if they are doing it on purpose because demand is high enough and they actually want people to buy less to reduce production demands.

I have a "mini" Benny's spaceship that I would like to do a nice clear stand for that the ship can just rest on.
Ns072Vf.jpg

With such a tiny ship, just put it on top of two 1x2x5 clear "window" bricks. Usually found in Friends store sets.

This is what SiegfriedFM is referring to:

1x2x5 clear "window" bricks
bricklink

LEGO S@H is $0.40 per brick.
https://shop.lego.com/en-US/Pick-a-Brick
Enter this for the ElementID in the Advanced Search area: 4624313
Not really liking the new user interface. It's like they increased the size of everything by 50% on the Pick-A-Brick page.

You could always use standard transparent 1x2 bricks, but it won't look as nice.

You may be able to rig something up with this part.

I've used the transparent panels as "invisible" supports.

3N16MA

Banned
With LEGO you have to decide on a couple themes you really love and stick to that. Venture out of those themes for some sets you deem too good to pass on.

If not you will become like some of these guys in this thread and have enough bricks to build a new house.

For me it's UCS Star Wars, Creator Cars, and Modulars. I purchase a few sets that are really great outside of those. However those sets really have to wow me.

With LEGO you have to decide on a couple themes you really love and stick to that. Venture out of those themes for some sets you deem too good to pass on.

If not you will become like some of these guys in this thread and have enough bricks to build a new house.

For me it's UCS Star Wars, Creator Cars, and Modulars. I purchase a few sets that are really great outside of those. However those sets really have to wow me.

UCS Star Wars I am a bit behind on. I still haven't committed to Sandcrawler, but might at double VIP this time. But the UCS stuff this year just saved me a ton of money.

Modulars are a no brainer buy. Just get them immediately. Same with Creator Expert vehicles and landmarks.

Outside of that, a set or mini fig array just needs to grab my attention. Or a new theme needs to scratch a major itch. RIP Monster Fighters and Galaxy Squad.

And there is no reason LEGO can't make a seasonal Halloween Village set. Do spooky themed stuff every year like they do Winter Village. I feel those would go over really well.
Or at least with me. I think my love of making Halloween themed MOCs is stronger than anything.

Risible

Also, I'm impressed that you've owned cars that are a fraction of $200 ;)

Well, it was in the 80s, so things were cheaper then. The cheapest car I ever owned was a 60s Nova that I bought in the 80s for $50. :). It was a gigantic piece of shit and had huge holes in the doors and floorboards that I barricaded with stop signs (the floors) and cardboard (the doors). My poor girlfriend (now wife) used to freeze in the winter as it was like riding in a wind tunnel :). Still, it got me to and from work.

Ponn

Banned
Don't tell Slayven, he'll get triggered.

He just has to deal with the truth that Spider Gwen is more popular. Even the chinese bootleggers thought she was going to get a fig.

And there is no reason LEGO can't make a seasonal Halloween Village set. Do spooky themed stuff every year like they do Winter Village. I feel those would go over really well.
Or at least with me. I think my love of making Halloween themed MOCs is stronger than anything.

It's hard to think of it cause it depresses me but now that they seem to have a closer relationship with Disney a giant Halloweentown set or dare I say a whole Nightmare Before Christmas theme for Halloween would have been so, sooooooo good.

Amazon (U.S.) has a bunch of sets on sale.

http://toysnbricks.com/the-big-amazon-usa-lego-sale-for-september-2016/
41% off – Super Heroes 76036 Carnage’s Shield Sky Attack $7.72 (reg.$12.99)
38% off – Super Heroes 76037 Rhino and Sandman Super Villain Team-Up $24.64 (reg.$39.99) – exclusive for Prime members
35% off – Super Heroes Ironman vs Ultron $8.49 (reg.$12.99)
32% off – Super Heroes Iron Skull Sub Attack 76048 $20.39 (reg.$29.99)
32% off – Superheroes The Quinjet City Chase $54.39 (reg.$79.99)

I didn't realize 76029 Ironman vs Ultron was still available via "retail".

See link for other themes on sale. A ton of first wave Nexo Knights sets on sale for 36% off.

At $7.72 (reg.$12.99), 76036 Carnage’s Shield Sky Attack gives you 3 minifigs and a small brick build for less than 2 CMFs. I think it's a steal at that price.

41% off – Super Heroes 76036 Carnage’s Shield Sky Attack $7.72 (reg.$12.99)
38% off – Super Heroes 76037 Rhino and Sandman Super Villain Team-Up $24.64 (reg.$39.99) – exclusive for Prime members
35% off – Super Heroes Ironman vs Ultron $8.49 (reg.$12.99)
32% off – Super Heroes Iron Skull Sub Attack 76048 $20.39 (reg.$29.99)
32% off – Superheroes The Quinjet City Chase $54.39 (reg.$79.99)

I didn't realize 76029 Ironman vs Ultron was still available via "retail".

See link for other themes on sale. A ton of first wave Nexo Knights sets on sale for 36% off.

At $7.72 (reg.$12.99), 76036 Carnage’s Shield Sky Attack gives you 3 minifigs and a small brick build for less than 2 CMFs. I think it's a steal at that price.
Sandman set doesn't show up at that price on Prime. Dammit. Never wanted the set until I got the newest sets and want Sandman to complete my Sinister SIx.

I want to get a Lego Modular set to start a small collection.

I was wondering what is best to start off with? I noticed that the Pet Shop has been around for ages, is it best getting that or should I go for a different set?

I want to get a Lego Modular set to start a small collection.

I was wondering what is best to start off with? I noticed that the Pet Shop has been around for ages, is it best getting that or should I go for a different set?

If there is a risk that you'll be bitten by the "bug" and want all of them, get Pet Shop. It's a really nice set that breaks up the other modulars well if you display several.

If you just want one, then dive in headfirst for the Parisian Restaurant. It's probably the most fun I've had with them (caveat, I don't have the elusive first "three", nor the Brink Bank")

If there is a risk that you'll be bitten by the "bug" and want all of them, get Pet Shop. It's a really nice set that breaks up the other modulars well if you display several.

If you just want one, then dive in headfirst for the Parisian Restaurant. It's probably the most fun I've had with them (caveat, I don't have the elusive first "three", nor the Brink Bank")

Yeah was thinking the Petshop then the Detectives office In the new year hopefully

Osahi

Pet shop is probably the first to go. Parisian Restaurant is the best one of every one I build (which are all currently available). DO is brilliant too. Palace Cinema looks cool, but isn't as fun to build and has sparse interiour. Brick Bank is very cool, but not as cool als Detective's Office was.

Buy them all if you have the funds or can space them out. The bug is real.

Pet shop is probably the first to go. Parisian Restaurant is the best one of every one I build (which are all currently available). DO is brilliant too. Palace Cinema looks cool, but isn't as fun to build and has sparse interiour. Brick Bank is very cool, but not as cool als Detective's Office was.

Buy them all if you have the funds or can space them out. The bug is real.

Yeah, Pet Shop, although it has been "the first to go" for a couple years now LOL. Not sure why it's still in production, maybe it uses super common pieces? Kinda like Tower Bridge...

woodypop

Thanks for the heads-up! I've been eying Prison Island for a long time, and finally jumped in on it.

soma27

60051 Passanger Train in on Amazon for $105 from $150.
As a first time Lego train buyer who wanted to motorized the holiday train - this seems like a no brainier. The parts to motorize the holiday train are all included in this, right? That's almost $50 worth of parts plus the extra track pieces, or am I calculating this wrong?

TheFuzz

Grabbed the Dr Strange set at Target for $25 today. After a long absence of buying (and posting), I'm back on the horse again.

Oh, and I've got a little MOC coming up for the holidays too, pretty excited to share it with you all. 😉

iosefe

i mentioned this earlier, but stores were shipped a batch of both the Train Battery Box and motor, so you can buy them when you get your Holiday train

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom