• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT5| DARKNESS! NO MONEY! (or Break the Rules! Mix the Bags!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boogiepop

For Australians, the new dimensions stuff is still crazy cheap on shop@home

Gremlins RRP $49 - S@H $13
Sonic RRP $49 - S@H $13
ET RRP $25 - S@H $7
Fantastic Beasts Story RRP $79 - S@H - $16

The last wave is all cheap too, it's strange because they don't show up as being on sale. They're just at those prices.

Had a brain fart here and missed Australia and got temporarily excited at the large discounts (though looking closer those prices obviously wouldn't be as great if those were US dollars). (Picked up Dimensions itself from Best Buy this morning finally as it was cheap. Now to wait for the actual bits and pieces to show up cheap again so I can start grabbing some of those to mess with!)

So is there any whispers of Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them sets? I really liked the film but I'm not sure about spending the money on the Dimensions stuff when I only want the Newt and Tina minifigures.

Doesn't seem like there are any near term plans. If not, I'm sure if the movie is a big success LEGO will do some sets for the sequels.

Fowler

I do wonder if The Hobbit made LEGO a little gun-shy about introducing Fantastic Beasts sets. But I guess that's the great thing about Dimensions, being that it allows LEGO to dip their toes in. If the movie does well, if the Dimensions sets sell well, I'm sure we'll see more -- there are FOUR MORE movies coming after all!

Ponn

Banned
So it looks like only Snow Globe and double VIP this weekend, no sales. That sucks, afraid to get anything that might be on sale next week during Brick Friday.

ghostmind

Additional CREATOR 1H sets:

31062 Exploration Robots
2A5V9tG.jpg

31064 Seaplane Adventures
s5qTDwo.jpg

No box images or pictures of the alt builds yet.

ghostmind

Elves 1H 2017:

41181 Naida's Gondola & the Goblin Thief
Jv1FEAm.jpg

41182 The Capture of Sophie Jones
IoozX5i.jpg

41183 The Goblin King's Evil Dragon
cbJlwBp.jpg

41184 Aira's Air Ship and the Hunt for the Amulet
VsQP0Lf.jpg

41185 Magic Rescue from the Goblin Village
W7reZRf.jpg

Ponn

Banned
Oh my freaking god Wall-E's buddy is so awesome! That and the Dino set alone make Creator line awesome for 2017.

I took the plunge, as I'm not looking to pick up much on Black Friday anyway.

It would have been really nice to at least have a list of what they are going to have on sale. The sets i'm looking at have the potential to be on sale like Maze and maybe Sith Infiltrator. What did you pick up if you don't mind me asking?

Elves 1H 2017:

41184 Aira's Air Ship and the Hunt for the Amulet
VsQP0Lf.jpg

41185 Magic Rescue from the Goblin Village
W7reZRf.jpg

The airship looks a lot like the Ninjago airship. Which looks great.

The Goblin Village looks stunning. Elves is not my theme, but they have been hitting it out of the park with some creative sets. I think it really speaks for the designs when a theme aimed at little girls speaks to adult males as well. I like how they handle typical 'boys themes' with a twist.

ghostmind

Oh my freaking god Wall-E's buddy is so awesome! That and the Dino set alone make Creator line awesome for 2017.

It would have been really nice to at least have a list of what they are going to have on sale. The sets i'm looking at have the potential to be on sale like Maze and maybe Sith Infiltrator. What did you pick up if you don't mind me asking?

The Rebel Frigate - the last 2016 Star Wars set that I didn't have (save for the "new" Death Star)

Osahi

So it looks like only Snow Globe and double VIP this weekend, no sales. That sucks, afraid to get anything that might be on sale next week during Brick Friday.

VW Camper will be 20% off according to a teaser image on the site.

No vip weekend deals yet on Belgian s@h... I want the snowglobe. It will still be available when batman sets hit right?

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Those Elves sets look like they just fell out of a non-existing MLP Lego Line. Which is a great thing. Love the designs.

That robot is awesome, getting that.

From the Elves sets, I'm obviously getting the dragon. It's neat to see another new character - not too keen on the goblins but "Ragana's brother" looks great. Aira keeps getting the cool vehicles and there's so much great detailing on the airship that I might have to get that - and get some of my minidolls off the old cramped ship.

I'm a bit annoyed that Lego keeps rehashing the same core teams for Ninjago, Nexo Knights and Elves. Sure, it saves me money not having to get all new sets (because the minor variations are almost never worth it), but I'd like to build up my collection.

The goblin village is also neat but I already have a huge bunch of Elves building that are just waiting for disassembly, so it would be a waste getting another three.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Robot is cool as hell, so getting that.

My Elves obsessed girlfriend is definitely getting the new dragon, airship (such a cool design) and the little gondola one.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Anyone know if the Holiday Train has been sold out in stores?

Saw the promotion and thinking of ordering online, but am wondering what store stock looks like and if I should just go get it in stores. Too early to call them right now in my area.

ghostmind

Anyone buying any of the Calendars for someone? Think I'll get the Star Wars or City one for my little sister on Friday.

In previous years, I've purchased the CITY calendar for my son, while I get the Star Wars one. This year he said he wanted to switch to the SW calendar as well, so we'll be opening the same calendars together!

Hagi

Whoa I need that Phantom set like right now. I'm not sure about the Maul set I'm still holding out hope for a Rebels version of him. Are these out this year?

I'm going to get the Star Wars calendar this year for fun and because I want the RotJ Luke.

8bit

Knows the Score
I had a couple of bananas but was fondling bags in toysrus today for another one just so I could do this:

CxowJWLXEAAAbpo.jpg

Back on subject, got Yellow Submarine this week and dearly looking forward to some time alone to build it.

Hagi

Thrawn not having red eyes is quite the oversight, I absolutely love the Kanan minifig. I wish I had hopped into Rebels sooner. Might have to get an Ahsoka from somewhere and the rest of the crew. Hopefully they do a set with an updated Ezra.

Markus

Seems like some of the investors/re-sellers are realizing that they may not get as much as they expected this year for those WM BF Creative Boxes lol Don't think they have clued into the TrU packaged version of this set selling for C$60, and as much as I want to rub it in their faces, I'm not going to mention it to them and let nature take it's course. I hope this means that some people who missed them at cost can actually get them on CL or Kijiji at, or nominally just over, retail price.

15056355_10209841662171412_4732890588680410881_n.jpg

I had a couple of bananas but was fondling bags in toysrus today for another one just so I could do this:

CxowJWLXEAAAbpo.jpg

What did you do there, I did not get it.

Thrawn not having red eyes is quite the oversight, I absolutely love the Kanan minifig. I wish I had hopped into Rebels sooner. Might have to get an Ahsoka from somewhere and the rest of the crew. Hopefully they do a set with an updated Ezra.

Thrawn looks bad all around, also that hairpiece. Can not imagine this is the final version, if it is... That would be sad for a characters that a lot of people have wanted for years.

Ponn

Banned
The Rebel Frigate - the last 2016 Star Wars set that I didn't have (save for the "new" Death Star)

Thats the one i ended up going with. I really wanted that Ahsoka fig and needed some of the Rebels figs. I also think its a TRU exclusive so those are harder for me to pick up. With that new Phantom set reveal i'm really happy now. I just wish there was a cheaper way to get Sabine with her helmet.

VW Camper will be 20% off according to a teaser image on the site.

No vip weekend deals yet on Belgian s@h... I want the snowglobe. It will still be available when batman sets hit right?

I'm not sure outside US, I hear 27th of Nov. for first wave of Batman sets but has Lego ever released like only a few days before the 1st of the month? Also 27th is like last day of BF promotions, not sure any Snow Globes would be left. Again, the 27th just sounds like a really weird release day for the Batman movie sets. I'm just hoping they put them up on BF as a surprise, if not I will probably get Maze or something else on sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom