• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT5| DARKNESS! NO MONEY! (or Break the Rules! Mix the Bags!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
LETS GET SOME F$#%ING X-MAS SPIRIT IN THIS PLACE!

HO!

Ho

hoooo...

120.gif

SiteSeer

So, apparently, when I was just a wee lad, I was smart enough to make sure all my train stuff was in one spot. I found all my old tracks, I found the control box, and I found the power plug, as well as the power piece that powered the tracks.

I wasn't smart enough however to put the actual train motor part in the same box, and can only assume it's buried in one of my old LEGO boxes...

edit: Was totally smart enough to put it near the top.

IT STILL WORKS!

HNO9tet.gif
found my old set, but unfortunately was kaput

LEGO official images of
Captain America Jet Pursuit (76076)
Iron Man: Detroit Steel Strikes (76077)
Hulk vs Red Hulk (76078)
are out. Someone get ghostmind out of bed to post them. :)

I hope Ms. Marvel has a torso with normal arms. I'm still curious if her elongated arms are attached like standard LEGO arms which means they aren't meant to me switched out. Really like superadaptoid minifig. Cool and generic enough for lots of reuse. Plane looks cool and swooshable.

Definitely will get all sets for the minifigs. Only the Detroit Steel set builds interest me.
Not sure how I feel about the new Iron Man helmet which we saw in the photos of the next wave of Mighty Micros. I'll have to wait until I see it in person. LEGO is definitely getting it's money's worth. That helmet is use for 4 different minifigs (3 if you don't count the 2 Iron Man variations).

Thanks! you can go back to sleep now.

Never noticed the power blast things until now. Seems like it's the same principal as flick fire missiles. Looks useful for MOCs.

Ponn

Banned
Can't say I'm a fan of the new Iron Man helmet. For those in know the know, is Justin Hammer's suit an Iron Man suit? comics wise?

Not an Iron Man suit, just a rival armor suit in a comic storyline. It's actually a really weird choice for Lego to create a suit for.

I'm not excited for any of these sets. They honestly look like Juniors sets, especially that Hulk set. I really just want like one or two figs from each set, Son of Coul, Ms. Marvel, She-Hulk, Red She-Hulk and Rulk. Don't care for new Iron Man look and they seem to be basing it off of new comic designs which I also didn't like so double whammy. The new dragon punch accessories are kinda cool and will go great with my Iron Fist fig.

And I hate to sound like a conspiracy theorists, but here we go again with yet another former Ideas set turned into an official set without recognition.

Fowler

Not an Iron Man suit, just a rival armor suit in a comic storyline. It's actually a really weird choice for Lego to create a suit for.

I'm not excited for any of these sets. They honestly look like Juniors sets, especially that Hulk set. I really just want like one or two figs from each set, Son of Coul, Ms. Marvel, She-Hulk, Red She-Hulk and Rulk. Don't care for new Iron Man look and they seem to be basing it off of new comic designs which I also didn't like so double whammy. The new dragon punch accessories are kinda cool and will go great with my Iron Fist fig.

And I hate to sound like a conspiracy theorists, but here we go again with yet another former Ideas set turned into an official set without recognition.

Which one was the Ideas set?

I'm not thrilled by these sets either, but I am deeply curious about the Ms Marvel minifig's arms and how that works. And getting a proper LEGO Coulson -- even though he's pretty generic -- is cool. So I'll grab those figs separately I think.

I'm not thrilled by these sets either, but I am deeply curious about the Ms Marvel minifig's arms and how that works. And getting a proper LEGO Coulson -- even though he's pretty generic -- is cool. So I'll grab those figs separately I think.

I'm not sure, but you can bet a Fantastic Four set is just around the corner.

wetwired

Cool, So I don't need to include it in my frame of Iron Man suit variants

I think this is overstated. Marvel is still licensing X-men property for action figures and Funko Pops etc. I can't see why they would make an exception for LEGO.

I think it lies on the contents and length of the original licensing contracts. For sure Marvel is making it difficult for new contracts, as there is a blockage for any new computer/videogame to have anything from the mutant universe since middle 2016, including Lego games. We don't know how it affects physical Lego sets at the moment, but Dimensions is off limits.

Edited: a Hulk vs The Thing playset would be much more likeable than Hulk vs Red Hulk if that would be easy.

Can't say I'm a fan of the new Iron Man helmet. For those in know the know, is Justin Hammer's suit an Iron Man suit? comics wise?

I can see the dislike for the new helmet but it eliminates my biggest problem I've had with all the iron man helmets where they have just been so damn bulky and odd looking next to other figures.

Fantastic Four and X-Men are not going to happen unless Marvel buys Fox

For the millionth time, Fox does not own the Fantastic Four film rights.

I think it lies on the contents and length of the original licensing contracts. For sure Marvel is making it difficult for new contracts, as there is a blockage for any new computer/videogame to have anything from the mutant universe since middle 2016, including Lego games. We don't know how it affects physical Lego sets at the moment, but Dimensions is off limits.

Edited: a Hulk vs The Thing playset would be much more likeable than Hulk vs Red Hulk if that would be easy.

The proliferation of shitty F4 films has certainly reduced the value of the F4 brand, so at this stage the simplest explanation may be that Red Hulk is more marketable.

I'm actually glad they're switching up the Iron Man helmets. The old ones really did feel pretty bulky.

No idea who Super Adaptoid & Justin Hammer are, but the figs look cool. I'm sure I'll get all of these. It's nice that we're getting a Coulson too!

Edit: Agreed on the Hulk set looking like something from the Juniors line. I had no idea there was a Red She-Hulk. Actually if it wasn't for Marvel Puzzle Quest I probably wouldn't know there was a regular Red Hulk either.

I'm actually glad they're switching up the Iron Man helmets. The old ones really did feel pretty bulky.

No idea who Super Adaptoid & Justin Hammer are, but the figs look cool. I'm sure I'll get all of these. It's nice that we're getting a Coulson too!

Edit: Agreed on the Hulk set looking like something from the Juniors line. I had no idea there was a Red She-Hulk. Actually if it wasn't for Marvel Puzzle Quest I probably wouldn't know there was a regular Red Hulk either.

Time for a new Cap helmet piece.

Red She-Hulk is actually Betty Ross -- Banner's waifu.

Ponn

Banned

The Lola model, this one I think. I could have sworn a gaffer submitted or linked it awhile ago. I don't think it was up for review so that kinda gives TLG a pass again.

Dont forget we are getting a mighty micro with wolverine

Yayyy...Wolverine...again. And Magneto...again. Unfortunately I have to get it for that damn evil looking Magneto.

Osahi

The Lola model, this one I think. I could have sworn a gaffer submitted or linked it awhile ago. I don't think it was up for review so that kinda gives TLG a pass again.

It only had 205 votes, so it probably hardly even registered.

It's always a grey area offcourse, but Ideas-sets based on existing property, certainly property Lego allready has a line of, can always pop up as an official set, regardless of Ideas. I don't think there is any ill intent, nor do I think Lego saw that Idea page and thought: that's something we could do!

Boogiepop

So I can get at Best Buy's early access, but these Dimensions prices aren't great, right? Story packs $30, Level packs $20, Team packs $15, Fun packs $8.

Rootbeer

Banned
prices are really good on the newer stuff as they haven't had time to go on sale yet.

Fantastic Beasts for only $30 within a week of release when it retails for $50? that's a really nice deal IMO, if you wanted to play it now or soon. It may go cheaper within the next year but not by a lot.

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
Lego Batman Movie CMFs

Lobster-Lovin' Batman
Eraser
Zodiac Master
King Tut
Pink Power Batgirl
Dick Grayson
Orca
Fairy Batman
Glam Metal Batman
Clan of the Cave Batman
Vacation Batman
Arkham Asylum Joker
Calculator
Red Hood
Commissioner Gordon
Barbara Gordon
March Harriet
Mime
Catman
Nurse Harley Quinn

Lego Batman Movie CMFs

Lobster-Lovin' Batman
Eraser
Zodiac Master
King Tut
Pink Power Batgirl
Dick Grayson
Orca
Fairy Batman
Glam Metal Batman
Clan of the Cave Batman
Vacation Batman
Arkham Asylum Joker
Calculator
Red Hood
Commissioner Gordon
Barbara Gordon
March Harriet
Mime
Catman
Nurse Harley Quinn
Glam Metal Batman!? Awesome

I assume all willl be some form of variant for the ones that are also in sets. I hope calculator is the 70's 80's version. I think current version is just a guy in a suit.
So looking forward to the CMF's. Gonna get a lot of strange and fairly unknown Batman villains. Dream come true.

Osahi

Got an email from lego,with a teaser of,the brick friday deals. VW Camper, Architecture Studio, the Friends rollercoaster and usc tie will all be 20% off. (This is Europe, don't know if it will be worldwide or not)

I admit I am tempted by the ucs tie, but give or take 180 euro is still a lot of money.

Ponn

Banned
Anyone post the Batman Movie summer sets rumors yet? Just a couple so far.

Bane set with
mutant leader
?? Really odd and interesting if true given how much Robin looks like Carrie Kelly

Another Scarecrow set with helicopter or plane

Another Two Face chase car or truck set.

I'm hoping we don't see alot of repeat fig characters given how huge Batman's rogue gallery is and so far they seem to be doing good in that department.

Wtf, I tried to order 2 Geofreys for the free shipping and it wants to charge me $53 cuz it's Hawaii.

I guess I'll see if they have it in store tomorrow but from Wednesday on through the holidays, I'm not going near that mall.

Rootbeer

Banned
They'll show up in TRU stores... it's just i've had spotty success finding their exclusives. Sometimes they'll get lots in, sometimes not. Sometimes a collector or reseller will swoop in and buy a lot of them before I stop by.

Amazon has been stocking a lot of this clone brand called BRICKLAND. Anyone have experience with them?

61jf6uILHWL._SL1100_.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom