• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT5| DARKNESS! NO MONEY! (or Break the Rules! Mix the Bags!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hagi

who is the yeti with the backpack in the background there?

He's a Gigoran named Moroff. Rogue One seems to have a lot of cool species. I hope Pao comes with an interesting set or I'll have to buy him separately like Bistan because I really don't care for the U-Wing.

Ryuuroden

Seems like some of the investors/re-sellers are realizing that they may not get as much as they expected this year for those WM BF Creative Boxes lol Don't think they have clued into the TrU packaged version of this set selling for C$60, and as much as I want to rub it in their faces, I'm not going to mention it to them and let nature take it's course. I hope this means that some people who missed them at cost can actually get them on CL or Kijiji at, or nominally just over, retail price.

https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0
9/15056355_10209841662171412_4732890588680410881_n.jpg?oh=4bc29370669bdf31cc9959cb8b94679a&oe=58C4037A

You are supposed to part out the pieces and put them on your bricklink store. That is where the value in those sets is, not reselling at a mark up. I will have to look at the tru set to see if it has the right pieces to be worth doing that. The problem is your still down 20 dollars right off the bat.

Nooooo!

I went to finally purchase the Trevi Fountain for my Girlfriend for Christmas now that they have double VIP again, and it's sold out on LEGO. :(
Really wanted that and something else to get the Snowglobe too, so now I'll need to get $100 of stuff I wasn't planning on getting if I want it.

Osahi

I'm not sure outside US, I hear 27th of Nov. for first wave of Batman sets but has Lego ever released like only a few days before the 1st of the month? Also 27th is like last day of BF promotions, not sure any Snow Globes would be left. Again, the 27th just sounds like a really weird release day for the Batman movie sets. I'm just hoping they put them up on BF as a surprise, if not I will probably get Maze or something else on sale.

Well. We don't even have the snowglobe this weekend. Let's hope for next week. :/

Got this today after spending $150 at the Mall of America LEGO store for the kids' Christmas. Dude behind the counter said it's not being sold and is only available for a couple of weeks.

I love LEGO but am not a fanatic. I think it's pretty awesome, but should I even open it?

IMG_3578.jpg

Ponn

Banned
Got this today after spending $150 at the Mall of America LEGO store for the kids' Christmas. Dude behind the counter said it's not being sold and is only available for a couple of weeks.

I love LEGO but am not a fanatic. I think it's pretty awesome, but should I even open it?

Thats the 2nd (well 3rd this year) free christmas set they do every year in Oct. and Nov. This one is normally only available on Brick Friday but VIP's which is free and they probably signed you up for can get it this weekend early. US by way, i'm not sure what they do in other countries.

I say you should always open and enjoy sets, especially with your kids and especially holiday sets. They do sell a nice price later, i've seen the Gingerbread house from last year going for about $50 but if you want a set like this for investment purpose just go back and buy something else for $99 or more and get a 2nd one free to keep unopened.

So is there any whispers of Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them sets? I really liked the film but I'm not sure about spending the money on the Dimensions stuff when I only want the Newt and Tina minifigures.

They would have been ready for the movie if they were doing any. You can hold out hope for the future movies maybe. If you really want the figs try bricklink in a couple weeks or wait for deep sales on Dimension sets. You could probably get that Fantastic Beasts fun pack for $5 or 6 on BF. The story pack will probably get down to $30, maybe $25 and might be worth it for the builds in it.

Just returned from movie session. I agree that the movie could create fantastic (no joke) sets. But Lego seems to have passed it. If the movie will be a big hit, maybe for the next one. However it seems that the movie is not target to kids, but to Harry Potter fans that got older.

Thats the one i ended up going with. I really wanted that Ahsoka fig and needed some of the Rebels figs. I also think its a TRU exclusive so those are harder for me to pick up. With that new Phantom set reveal i'm really happy now. I just wish there was a cheaper way to get Sabine with her helmet

Which Phantom set? Or is the Thrawn set the Phantom?

Ponn

Banned
Which Phantom set? Or is the Thrawn set the Phantom?

Yea thats the new Phantom set with Thrawn, at least I thought it was. Looks like the Phantom from Rebels and comes with Chopper and Kanan.

Now that Lego Dimensions has Sonic, I need more Sonic friend minifigures in my life :( Make it happen, TLG.

Sonic would actually make a superb Lego theme. Lots of figs, lots and lots of potential builds with robots and Dr. Eggman vehicles. I can even imagine a huge set with those big slide parts to make a running level with gimmicks. I kinda get the feeling Dimensions is a place for them to offload ideas they aren't going to do anything else with though.

IMG_3578.jpg
Hey me too hahahaha I got the 2016 ghostbusters set and the yellow submarine set

Hey me too hahahaha I got the 2016 ghostbusters set and the yellow submarine set

Sweet!

I bought one of my sons the Echo-1, a baseplate, a cup of bricks, and a classic box. He's getting to that age where making "bases" is how he lives to play. It really takes me back.

Thats the 2nd (well 3rd this year) free christmas set they do every year in Oct. and Nov. This one is normally only available on Brick Friday but VIP's which is free and they probably signed you up for can get it this weekend early. US by way, i'm not sure what they do in other countries.

I say you should always open and enjoy sets, especially with your kids and especially holiday sets. They do sell a nice price later, i've seen the Gingerbread house from last year going for about $50 but if you want a set like this for investment purpose just go back and buy something else for $99 or more and get a 2nd one free to keep unopened.

Good to know! I am for sure going to assemble it and put it out for Christmas.

I kinda get the feeling Dimensions is a place for them to offload ideas they aren't going to do anything else with though.
Certainly that wasn't the case in year 1 - most of the franchises were ones that had separate sets released already (mostly as their own full lines, with Doctor Who and Back to the Future via Ideas). For those that weren't (Wizard of Oz, Midway Arcade, and Portal) I just don't see them being viable except maybe as Ideas sets.

Year 2 I can see where you're coming from. But asides from Fantastic Beasts I just don't see any of the licenses as being viable for sets outside of Ideas. I'd expect them to go for Adventure Time or Powerpuff Girls before Sonic; he's very much another "appeal to the child of the 80s" franchise like E.T., The A-Team, and Knight Rider.

I want the santa snow globe set, but honestly there are no sets I am wanting or needing right now. I finally bit on Sandcrawler when it was $60 off on Amazon, and can't bring myself to order the 60s Batcave.
I want baseplates, but not $100 worth of plates.

Also, trying to save up for the LEGO Batman sets coming in a week.

Ugh.

Anyone got 2 snow globes and wanna trade for something?

I kinda get the feeling Dimensions is a place for them to offload ideas they aren't going to do anything else with though.

It's actually the opposite. I can't remember if I read it here or if they even came out and said it officially but I'm almost certain I've heard somewhere they use Dimensions to gauge customer interest in certain IP that they aren't ready to go 100% into a full wave with (or, of course, IP that would make for fun Lego games but wouldn't make sense in a set, like Mission:Impossible).

It's almost like a franchise can go into Ideas, and then from there it either gets approved for an ideas set, or it splits off and goes to Dimensions to see how popular it would actually be. Probably the stuff that would require new moulds to really work, like AT with Finn's hat, backpack, sword, Jake's head, Gizmo's head, etc VS something like Dr Who or Yellow Submarine which doesn't need anything new to look proper.

Cause remember, it's not just people who OWN Lego Dimensions that buy the Packs. So if a particular IP does really well that probably means people outside the Dimensions user base are buying them too, thus could make for a more lucrative wave/theme.

I really want at least one wave of real Adventure Time sets. They made a LOT of new moulds just for those 3 packs, there are so many characters and locations to use to make sets, it could totally replace Minecraft as the whimsical imagination creativity theme.

Ponn

Banned
Certainly that wasn't the case in year 1 - most of the franchises were ones that had separate sets released already (mostly as their own full lines, with Doctor Who and Back to the Future via Ideas). For those that weren't (Wizard of Oz, Midway Arcade, and Portal) I just don't see them being viable except maybe as Ideas sets.

Year 2 I can see where you're coming from. But asides from Fantastic Beasts I just don't see any of the licenses as being viable for sets outside of Ideas. I'd expect them to go for Adventure Time or Powerpuff Girls before Sonic; he's very much another "appeal to the child of the 80s" franchise like E.T., The A-Team, and Knight Rider.

It's actually the opposite. I can't remember if I read it here or if they even came out and said it officially but I'm almost certain I've heard somewhere they use Dimensions to gauge customer interest in certain IP that they aren't ready to go 100% into a full wave with (or, of course, IP that would make for fun Lego games but wouldn't make sense in a set, like Mission:Impossible).

It's almost like a franchise can go into Ideas, and then from there it either gets approved for an ideas set, or it splits off and goes to Dimensions to see how popular it would actually be. Probably the stuff that would require new moulds to really work, like AT with Finn's hat, backpack, sword, Jake's head, Gizmo's head, etc VS something like Dr Who or Yellow Submarine which doesn't need anything new to look proper.

Cause remember, it's not just people who OWN Lego Dimensions that buy the Packs. So if a particular IP does really well that probably means people outside the Dimensions user base are buying them too, thus could make for a more lucrative wave/theme.

I really want at least one wave of real Adventure Time sets. They made a LOT of new moulds just for those 3 packs, there are so many characters and locations to use to make sets, it could totally replace Minecraft as the whimsical imagination creativity theme.

See Dr. Who, BttF and Adventure Time (if I remember correctly) are Ideas approved sets though already. Like Ghostbusters they also happen to fit pretty well into a video game setting. Portal had to have been one of the more popular Dimensions sets along with Wizard of OZ, yet nothing for them has been mentioned. We don't have numbers unfortunately but anecdotally they were among the ones sold out more consistently. Has anything yet to make the leap from Dimensions only to a proper Lego theme or set?

See Dr. Who, BttF and Adventure Time (if I remember correctly) are Ideas approved sets though already. Like Ghostbusters they also happen to fit pretty well into a video game setting. Portal had to have been one of the more popular Dimensions sets along with Wizard of OZ, yet nothing for them has been mentioned. We don't have numbers unfortunately but anecdotally they were among the ones sold out more consistently. Has anything yet to make the leap from Dimensions only to a proper Lego theme or set?

I don't think so, but remember that Dimensions only just turned 2 recently. So I wouldn't think that, if they are indeed using it as a barometer, they could have had enough time to look at the numbers, design a set or sets, and fit it somewhere in their release schedule. Or do you think they could get something produced that quickly? (I genuinely don't know I'm just assuming they'd need more time)

I approve of this.

I want the santa snow globe set, but honestly there are no sets I am wanting or needing right now. I finally bit on Sandcrawler when it was $60 off on Amazon

I actually thought the Sandcrawler might pass you by. Looking forward to reading your thoughts on it.

I'll grab the new Christmas train set this week to get the snow globe. I'm actually waffling though...I haven't opened any of the holiday bonus sets in several years so all I'm really doing is building a collection of boxes. The collector in me wants them but I don't think I'll ever build them. The Christmas setup continues to get more and more cluttered...

We're re-doing our kitchen and tearing down a bunch of walls right now so I'm not sure what our Christmas LEGO setup will be this year (or if it'll even happen). If I can at least get the new train set up and motorized I'll be satisfied.

Portal had to have been one of the more popular Dimensions sets along with Wizard of OZ, yet nothing for them has been mentioned.

Was the Wizard of OZ pack actually popular? I've seen it heavily discounted many times so I just assumed it was a dud.

Markus

You are supposed to part out the pieces and put them on your bricklink store. That is where the value in those sets is, not reselling at a mark up. I will have to look at the tru set to see if it has the right pieces to be worth doing that. The problem is your still down 20 dollars right off the bat.

I'm there with you on that. When I first saw those boxes a couple of years ago I considered getting a bunch to part out. The TrU box should eventually keep the price lower in regards to re-selling the box as is, and especially right back to desperate parents looking on CL/Kijiji who missed being at walmart within an hour of opening when they first go on sale.

I'm probably not going to order something from Lego on friday, but I noticed that the snowglobe has a new exclusive 8x8 dish, so I just ordered a bunch of those (and a few more things) from B&P. Transparent parts are always useful (and tend to get expensive later on).

I want the santa snow globe set, but honestly there are no sets I am wanting or needing right now. I finally bit on Sandcrawler when it was $60 off on Amazon, and can't bring myself to order the 60s Batcave.
I want baseplates, but not $100 worth of plates.

Also, trying to save up for the LEGO Batman sets coming in a week.
I had a similar problem, but I had $30 of VIP credit saved up, and I had a few things I wanted, but getting to $100 for the snow globe was a bit hard.

I ended up finally buying the pieces for the mini-modular Pet Shop I've wanted to make for the last 4 years. They don't have all the pieces (I'll get those from bricklink), and it took HOURS to add all the pieces because of their crappy pick-a-brick site. I could probably nt change the amount of pieces without it booting me back to the homepage. If it hadn't taken so long I would have tried ordering the pieces for my mini-modular Town Hall design too.

Even after adding all those pieces it only added $17, so I still needed more stuff to add. Bought my girlfriend the Venice set as a Christmas present and would have gotten Trevi Fountain if LEGO hadn't sold out (I'll have to get it from Amazon before it's gone for good).

Ended up ordering the Thanksgiving dude, Santa, and Santa's Elves sets and the AT-ST to push it past $100.

Rootbeer

Banned
Not sure of the extent of the promotion or how long it will last, but Amazon.com is having a BOGO 40% right now on selected sets. Both the Passenger and Cargo trains, which are already on sale, qualify. Works out to about US$110 for the cargo and $85 if you get 2 of the same set. Great way to get into trains!

https://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Trains-Cargo-Train-Building/dp/B00J4S6UYO/ref=sr_1_1?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1479631184&sr=1-1&keywords=60052

that's great, but is there a list of qualifying sets? weird amazon doesn't seem to actually be advertising this promo anywhere that i can see

Nitemare1

It's time for me to start breaking down some sets. My shelves are getting cluttered and it just looks bad. Quin Jet is gone but the Milano is staying. Thats the only real decision Ive been able to make so far. Damn this is tough.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.

IMG_3578.jpg

Build that muthafucka, such a cool little set. I'm hoping to have a reason to spend over the limit when it comes into the UK store next week. With all the xmas stuff I've got lately I have 4 different little xmas trees now.

My girlfriend picked up the winter fireplace set for me today, such a cool little set.

Markus

that's great, but is there a list of qualifying sets? weird amazon doesn't seem to actually be advertising this promo anywhere that i can see

The Cargo train is now down to 123.99 since my first post! Think I'm in for 2 even though I already own this set, at ~US$99 (plus tax) its a no-brainer

I just copy and pasted this list below from http://community.brickpicker.com/topic/15925-daily-lego-deals-usacanada/?do=findComment&comment=651587. The prices below are not sale price, but the amount the items are currently discounted on Amazon.com. The BOGO40 discount is over and above the sale prices and will show when you proceed to the checkout

Here is an updated list of items found so far with the special deal at Amazon. Its regular percent off is shown, not with the extra promotion. This is just some more sets, not all inclusive. Still working on getting a FULL list.

LEGO 70744 Ninjago Airjitzu Wrayth Flyer Building Kit $2.27 (23%)
LEGO CITY 4 x 4 Off Roader 60115 $7.60 (38%)
LEGO City Airport 60100 Airport Starter Set Building Kit (81 Piece) $2.80 (28%)
LEGO City Airport 60101 Airport Cargo Plane Building Kit (157 Piece) $5.00 (20%)
LEGO CITY Ambulance Plane 60116 $4.70 (24%)
LEGO City Deep Sea Explorers 60093 Helicopter Building Kit $10.00 (20%)
LEGO City Deep Sea Explorers 60095 Exploration Vessel Building Kit $36.00 (30%)
LEGO City Demolition Bulldozer
LEGO City Demolition Service Truck $5.00 (20%)
LEGO City Demolition Site $15.37 (17%)
LEGO City Demolition Starter Set $2.00 (17%)
LEGO CITY Fire Boat 60109 $27.20 (34%)
LEGO CITY Fire Response Unit 60108 $10.00 (25%)
LEGO CITY Fire Starter Set 60106 $3.60 (36%)
LEGO City Great Vehicles Racing Bike Transporter
LEGO City Great Vehicles with Powerboat $2.00 (7%)
LEGO City Police 60044 Mobile Police Unit
LEGO City Police 60047 Police Station
LEGO CITY Police Patrol Boat 60129 $18.00 (36%)
LEGO CITY Police Pursuit 60128 $4.00 (20%)
LEGO City Police Swamp Police Station $16.60 (18%)
LEGO CITY Prison Island Starter Set 60127 $3.60 (36%)
LEGO CITY Race Boat 60114 $2.48 (25%)
LEGO CITY Rally Car 60113 $2.80 (28%)
LEGO City Space Port 60079 Training Jet Transporter Building Kit $12.44 (25%)
LEGO City Space Port 60080 Spaceport Building Kit
LEGO CITY Tire Escape 60126 $2.00 (29%)
LEGO City Town 60097 City Square Building Kit $35.40 (23%)
LEGO City Town 60132 Service Station Building Kit (515 Piece) $20.02 (22%)
LEGO City Trains Cargo Train 60052 Building Toy $63.00 (32%)
LEGO City Trains Train Station 60050 Building Toy
LEGO DUPLO Brand Disney 10605 Doc McStuffins Rosie the Ambulance Building Kit $6.00 (30%)
LEGO DUPLO Brand Disney 10606 Doc McStuffins Backyard Clinic Building Kit $9.00 (30%)
LEGO DUPLO Cafe 10587 Building Toy $4.00 (20%)
LEGO DUPLO Disney 10822 Sofia the First Magical Carriage Building Kit (30 Piece) $6.00 (20%)
LEGO DUPLO Disney 10825 Miles Exo-Flex Suit Building Kit (37 Piece) $5.00 (20%)
LEGO DUPLO Disney 10827 Mickey & Friends Beach House Building Kit (48 Piece) $7.00 (20%)
LEGO DUPLO Disney 10828 Doc McStuffins Pet Vet Care Building Kit (30 Piece) $9.00 (36%)
LEGO DUPLO Disney Sofia the First Royal Castle 10595 $9.00 (18%)
LEGO DUPLO Horse Trailer 10807 $4.00 (20%)
LEGO DUPLO Ice Cream Truck 10586
LEGO DUPLO Little Plane 10808 $2.50 (25%)
LEGO DUPLO Mickey's Workshop 10829 $4.00 (20%)
LEGO DUPLO Miles' Space Adventures 10824 $5.00 (25%)
LEGO DUPLO Miles' Stellosphere Hangar 10826 $10.00 (29%)
LEGO DUPLO My First 10603 Bus Building Kit $2.00 (13%)
LEGO DUPLO My First Garden 10819
LEGO DUPLO My First Playhouse (10616) $6.80 (34%)
LEGO DUPLO My First Rocket 10815 $2.60 (26%)
LEGO DUPLO My First Truck 10818 $4.00 (20%)
LEGO DUPLO Police Patrol 10809 $3.20 (21%)
LEGO DUPLO Rally Car 10589 $3.00 (20%)
LEGO DUPLO Super Heroes The Joker Challenge 10544 Building Toy $9.00 (30%)
LEGO DUPLO Tow Truck 10814 $4.20 (21%)
LEGO DUPLO Town 10810 Push Train Building Kit (45 Piece) $2.00 (7%)
LEGO Friends 41093 Heartlake Hair Salon
LEGO Friends 41094 Heartlake Lighthouse
LEGO Friends 41095 Emma's House $17.00 (24%)
LEGO Friends 41099 Heartlake Skate Park Building Kit $5.00 (25%)
LEGO Friends 41103 Pop Star Recording Studio Building Kit $5.00 (33%)
LEGO Friends 41105 Pop Star Show Stage Building Kit $12.50 (31%)
LEGO Friends 41123 Foal's Washing Station Building Kit (77 Piece) $2.00 (20%)
LEGO Friends Adventure Camp Archery 41120 $2.00 (20%)
LEGO Friends Birthday Party 41110 $7.20 (36%)
LEGO Friends Emma's Creative Workshop 41115 $2.00 (20%)
LEGO Friends Livi's Pop Star House 41135 $2.50 (5%)
LEGO Friends Olivia's Exploration Car 41116 $1.60 (11%)
LEGO Friends Party Styling 41114 $1.00 (20%)
LEGO Friends Party Train 41111 $2.00 (20%)
LEGO Friends Pop Star TV Studio 41117 $4.72 (24%)
LEGO Ninjago 70591 Kryptarium Prison Breakout Building Kit (207 Piece) $5.60 (28%)
LEGO Ninjago 70592 Salvage M.E.C. Building Kit (439 Piece) $15.20 (38%)
LEGO Ninjago 70595 Ultra Stealth Raider Building Kit (1093 Piece) $20.00 (20%)
LEGO Ninjago 70733 Blaster Bike Building Kit $3.70 (19%)
LEGO Ninjago 70734 Master WU Dragon Ninja Building Kit $10.24 (26%)
LEGO Ninjago 70735 Ronin R.E.X. Ninja Building Kit $15.00 (30%)
LEGO Ninjago 70736 Attack of the Morro Dragon Building Kit $21.04 (30%)
LEGO Ninjago 70737 Titan Mech Battle Building Kit $18.00 (30%)
LEGO Ninjago 70738 Final Flight of Destiny's Bounty Building Kit $30.03 (25%)
LEGO Ninjago Airjitzu Cole Flyer 70741 Building Kit $2.34 (23%)
LEGO Ninjago Airjitzu Jay Flyer 70740 Building Kit $1.20 (12%)
LEGO Ninjago Airjitzu Kai Flyer 70739 Building Kit $2.40 (24%)
LEGO Ninjago Airjitzu Moro Flyer 70743 Building Kit $2.30 (23%)
LEGO Ninjago Airjitzu Zane Flyer 70742 Building Kit $2.40 (24%)
LEGO Ninjago Cole's Dragon 70599 $2.00 (20%)
LEGO Ninjago Misfortuneâ€s Keep 70605 $17.70 (22%)
LEGO Ninjago Ninja DB X Toy
LEGO Ninjago Raid Zeppelin 70603 $6.00 (20%)
LEGO Ninjago Sky Shark 70601 $4.16 (21%)
LEGO Ninjago Tiger Widow Island 70604 $16.01 (32%)
LEGO Technic Drag Racer 42050 Building Kit $25.00 (31%)

AND HERE'S THE PROMO DETAILS

Promotion Details
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/AGO7SEI8QX/?tag=neogaf0e-20
The promotion is valid for a limited time only. Amazon reserves the right to cancel it at any time.

If you do not purchase the qualifying and Best Value items added to your Shopping Cart when the promotion is in effect, the discount will not apply.

The promotion applies only to qualifying items displaying the offer message on their product information pages.

The promotion applies only to products sold by the seller indicated in the offer message. It does not apply to the same products sold by other sellers. For example, if the promotion applies to cookware offered by Amazon.com, the same cookware offered by other sellers on the Amazon.com website (e.g. Macy’s, Target, etc.) do not qualify.

Unless the promotion indicates otherwise, it applies to the lowest priced qualifying item and may not be combined with other offers.

All qualifying and Best Value items must be purchased in one order and shipped to a single address.

If you return any of the promotion items, we will subtract your Best Value discount from your return credit.

Shipping and handling charges apply to all products, including Best Value items.

This promotion may not be combined with other offers, including promotional certificates.

Does not apply to orders placed with 1-Click.

Offer good while supplies last.

Void where prohibited.

If you remove any of the promotion items from your Shopping Cart or violate any of the Terms and Conditions, the promotion will be invalid, and the discount will not apply

Anyone ever seen something like this before?
enZkgN4.jpg

Never paid attention, but LEGO has always looked at reducing packaging size to save space and money as well as being more environmentally friendly. It wouldn't surprise me if LEGO reduced the sizing of some packaging again at some point. Older packaging just gets mixed up with newer packing.

EDIT: Ooops, didn't notice the missing cape. Looks like a collectors box for mistake up that with Artic Batman.

The Cargo train is now down to 123.99 since my first post! Think I'm in for 2 even though I already own this set, at ~US$99 (plus tax) its a no-brainer

I just copy and pasted this list below from http://community.brickpicker.com/topic/15925-daily-lego-deals-usacanada/?do=findComment&comment=651587. The prices below are not sale price, but the amount the items are currently discounted on Amazon.com. The BOGO40 discount is over and above the sale prices and will show when you proceed to the checkout

Here is an updated list of items found so far with the special deal at Amazon. Its regular percent off is shown, not with the extra promotion. This is just some more sets, not all inclusive. Still working on getting a FULL list.

LEGO 70744 Ninjago Airjitzu Wrayth Flyer Building Kit $2.27 (23%)
LEGO CITY 4 x 4 Off Roader 60115 $7.60 (38%)
LEGO City Airport 60100 Airport Starter Set Building Kit (81 Piece) $2.80 (28%)
LEGO City Airport 60101 Airport Cargo Plane Building Kit (157 Piece) $5.00 (20%)
LEGO CITY Ambulance Plane 60116 $4.70 (24%)
LEGO City Deep Sea Explorers 60093 Helicopter Building Kit $10.00 (20%)
LEGO City Deep Sea Explorers 60095 Exploration Vessel Building Kit $36.00 (30%)
LEGO City Demolition Bulldozer
LEGO City Demolition Service Truck $5.00 (20%)
LEGO City Demolition Site $15.37 (17%)
LEGO City Demolition Starter Set $2.00 (17%)
LEGO CITY Fire Boat 60109 $27.20 (34%)
LEGO CITY Fire Response Unit 60108 $10.00 (25%)
LEGO CITY Fire Starter Set 60106 $3.60 (36%)
LEGO City Great Vehicles Racing Bike Transporter
LEGO City Great Vehicles with Powerboat $2.00 (7%)
LEGO City Police 60044 Mobile Police Unit
LEGO City Police 60047 Police Station
LEGO CITY Police Patrol Boat 60129 $18.00 (36%)
LEGO CITY Police Pursuit 60128 $4.00 (20%)
LEGO City Police Swamp Police Station $16.60 (18%)
LEGO CITY Prison Island Starter Set 60127 $3.60 (36%)
LEGO CITY Race Boat 60114 $2.48 (25%)
LEGO CITY Rally Car 60113 $2.80 (28%)
LEGO City Space Port 60079 Training Jet Transporter Building Kit $12.44 (25%)
LEGO City Space Port 60080 Spaceport Building Kit
LEGO CITY Tire Escape 60126 $2.00 (29%)
LEGO City Town 60097 City Square Building Kit $35.40 (23%)
LEGO City Town 60132 Service Station Building Kit (515 Piece) $20.02 (22%)
LEGO City Trains Cargo Train 60052 Building Toy $63.00 (32%)
LEGO City Trains Train Station 60050 Building Toy
LEGO DUPLO Brand Disney 10605 Doc McStuffins Rosie the Ambulance Building Kit $6.00 (30%)
LEGO DUPLO Brand Disney 10606 Doc McStuffins Backyard Clinic Building Kit $9.00 (30%)
LEGO DUPLO Cafe 10587 Building Toy $4.00 (20%)
LEGO DUPLO Disney 10822 Sofia the First Magical Carriage Building Kit (30 Piece) $6.00 (20%)
LEGO DUPLO Disney 10825 Miles Exo-Flex Suit Building Kit (37 Piece) $5.00 (20%)
LEGO DUPLO Disney 10827 Mickey & Friends Beach House Building Kit (48 Piece) $7.00 (20%)
LEGO DUPLO Disney 10828 Doc McStuffins Pet Vet Care Building Kit (30 Piece) $9.00 (36%)
LEGO DUPLO Disney Sofia the First Royal Castle 10595 $9.00 (18%)
LEGO DUPLO Horse Trailer 10807 $4.00 (20%)
LEGO DUPLO Ice Cream Truck 10586
LEGO DUPLO Little Plane 10808 $2.50 (25%)
LEGO DUPLO Mickey's Workshop 10829 $4.00 (20%)
LEGO DUPLO Miles' Space Adventures 10824 $5.00 (25%)
LEGO DUPLO Miles' Stellosphere Hangar 10826 $10.00 (29%)
LEGO DUPLO My First 10603 Bus Building Kit $2.00 (13%)
LEGO DUPLO My First Garden 10819
LEGO DUPLO My First Playhouse (10616) $6.80 (34%)
LEGO DUPLO My First Rocket 10815 $2.60 (26%)
LEGO DUPLO My First Truck 10818 $4.00 (20%)
LEGO DUPLO Police Patrol 10809 $3.20 (21%)
LEGO DUPLO Rally Car 10589 $3.00 (20%)
LEGO DUPLO Super Heroes The Joker Challenge 10544 Building Toy $9.00 (30%)
LEGO DUPLO Tow Truck 10814 $4.20 (21%)
LEGO DUPLO Town 10810 Push Train Building Kit (45 Piece) $2.00 (7%)
LEGO Friends 41093 Heartlake Hair Salon
LEGO Friends 41094 Heartlake Lighthouse
LEGO Friends 41095 Emma's House $17.00 (24%)
LEGO Friends 41099 Heartlake Skate Park Building Kit $5.00 (25%)
LEGO Friends 41103 Pop Star Recording Studio Building Kit $5.00 (33%)
LEGO Friends 41105 Pop Star Show Stage Building Kit $12.50 (31%)
LEGO Friends 41123 Foal's Washing Station Building Kit (77 Piece) $2.00 (20%)
LEGO Friends Adventure Camp Archery 41120 $2.00 (20%)
LEGO Friends Birthday Party 41110 $7.20 (36%)
LEGO Friends Emma's Creative Workshop 41115 $2.00 (20%)
LEGO Friends Livi's Pop Star House 41135 $2.50 (5%)
LEGO Friends Olivia's Exploration Car 41116 $1.60 (11%)
LEGO Friends Party Styling 41114 $1.00 (20%)
LEGO Friends Party Train 41111 $2.00 (20%)
LEGO Friends Pop Star TV Studio 41117 $4.72 (24%)
LEGO Ninjago 70591 Kryptarium Prison Breakout Building Kit (207 Piece) $5.60 (28%)
LEGO Ninjago 70592 Salvage M.E.C. Building Kit (439 Piece) $15.20 (38%)
LEGO Ninjago 70595 Ultra Stealth Raider Building Kit (1093 Piece) $20.00 (20%)
LEGO Ninjago 70733 Blaster Bike Building Kit $3.70 (19%)
LEGO Ninjago 70734 Master WU Dragon Ninja Building Kit $10.24 (26%)
LEGO Ninjago 70735 Ronin R.E.X. Ninja Building Kit $15.00 (30%)
LEGO Ninjago 70736 Attack of the Morro Dragon Building Kit $21.04 (30%)
LEGO Ninjago 70737 Titan Mech Battle Building Kit $18.00 (30%)
LEGO Ninjago 70738 Final Flight of Destiny's Bounty Building Kit $30.03 (25%)
LEGO Ninjago Airjitzu Cole Flyer 70741 Building Kit $2.34 (23%)
LEGO Ninjago Airjitzu Jay Flyer 70740 Building Kit $1.20 (12%)
LEGO Ninjago Airjitzu Kai Flyer 70739 Building Kit $2.40 (24%)
LEGO Ninjago Airjitzu Moro Flyer 70743 Building Kit $2.30 (23%)
LEGO Ninjago Airjitzu Zane Flyer 70742 Building Kit $2.40 (24%)
LEGO Ninjago Cole's Dragon 70599 $2.00 (20%)
LEGO Ninjago Misfortuneâ€s Keep 70605 $17.70 (22%)
LEGO Ninjago Ninja DB X Toy
LEGO Ninjago Raid Zeppelin 70603 $6.00 (20%)
LEGO Ninjago Sky Shark 70601 $4.16 (21%)
LEGO Ninjago Tiger Widow Island 70604 $16.01 (32%)
LEGO Technic Drag Racer 42050 Building Kit $25.00 (31%)

AND HERE'S THE PROMO DETAILS

Promotion Details
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/AGO7SEI8QX/?tag=neogaf0e-20
The promotion is valid for a limited time only. Amazon reserves the right to cancel it at any time.

If you do not purchase the qualifying and Best Value items added to your Shopping Cart when the promotion is in effect, the discount will not apply.

The promotion applies only to qualifying items displaying the offer message on their product information pages.

The promotion applies only to products sold by the seller indicated in the offer message. It does not apply to the same products sold by other sellers. For example, if the promotion applies to cookware offered by Amazon.com, the same cookware offered by other sellers on the Amazon.com website (e.g. Macy’s, Target, etc.) do not qualify.

Unless the promotion indicates otherwise, it applies to the lowest priced qualifying item and may not be combined with other offers.

All qualifying and Best Value items must be purchased in one order and shipped to a single address.

If you return any of the promotion items, we will subtract your Best Value discount from your return credit.

Shipping and handling charges apply to all products, including Best Value items.

This promotion may not be combined with other offers, including promotional certificates.

Does not apply to orders placed with 1-Click.

Offer good while supplies last.

Void where prohibited.

If you remove any of the promotion items from your Shopping Cart or violate any of the Terms and Conditions, the promotion will be invalid, and the discount will not apply

Thanks for the list. It was very helpful in my endeavor to get the Ninjago minifigs I'm missing from the Skybound series. Checked Bricklink and at $6-$8 a pop for minifigs I want, it's much better for me to buy sets close to 40% off instead.

Speaking of discounts, it's obvious the market is getting saturated with inventory with so many good discounts appearing even before the xmas season started. Around 40% off to me is clearance pricing. I always expect 20% off sales a many sets, but starting to see 30% off more regularly. One can save a lot of $$$ if one is patient for sales. Just be careful not to miss out on any set though waiting too long.

EDIT: Another good place to check for sales is Brickset. http://brickset.com/buy
Make sure to click on view all link. Seeing the lists is where I get the idea there are a lot of older and not so old sets at 40+% off.

EDIT 2: Ooh, and you can filter by theme and year in Brickset sales lists. Too bad Target isn't on there.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Well, I got my holiday train and power functions.

How long do the batteries tend to last on the battery box and remote? Been years since I used power with LEGO.

Planning to put it around the base of the tree. Maybe I can dig out my old train set and try to make it's power functions work with this. I had one of the old sets with the metal tracks that got power from an outlet.

Wow, that's the ice castle they should have made in the first place. And new versions of Anna... and Elsa? And a snowman. I'll get it and try to combine them into an even bigger castle.

I'm hardly a completionist, but I might get the cheaper Moana set just for her and the piggy.

Ponn

Banned
I don't think so, but remember that Dimensions only just turned 2 recently. So I wouldn't think that, if they are indeed using it as a barometer, they could have had enough time to look at the numbers, design a set or sets, and fit it somewhere in their release schedule. Or do you think they could get something produced that quickly? (I genuinely don't know I'm just assuming they'd need more time)

i think they could, we at the very least would have heard something by now. It would also be incredibly shitty of them to make a Portal set now when passing on the Ideas set, same could be said for some others. And they have already done some questionable things imho in regards to Ideas. Regardless of any of that if they were indeed using Dimensions as a barometer for making full fledged lines that would be a very horrible barometer to use given the flakiness of toys to life games.

I approve of this.
Was the Wizard of OZ pack actually popular? I've seen it heavily discounted many times so I just assumed it was a dud.

Everything Dimensions has been on sale multiple times, they don't really pick and choose they go by waves when discounting generally and pack size. We don't have numbers but i was going by how often I saw certain sets out of stock for periods of time. Portal, wicked witch, Dr. Who, Cybermen, Scooby Doo, I saw those sets oos quite often.

Oh man, I think I have to pick up that Moana set. I need a The Rock big fig in my life. And eventually it would be President The Rock big fig.

Actually, I hope there aren't any interesting sets on Friday. Because this is what I'll want to buy in the next couple of months... so far.

Moana's Ocean Voyage
Elsa's Magical Ice Palace
Exploration Robots
Aira's Air Ship and the Hunt for the Amulet
The Phantom
The Goblin King's Evil Dragon
Assembly Square
The Riddler Riddle Racer
The Scuttler

Oh, and the DC minidoll set with Poison Ivy.

wetwired

I've gone a bit crazy this weekend building 80s vehicles, I'll have to take pics of the other but to start with I found a design on reddit for a KITT from Knight Rider. Being me I had to modify the design a bit to make it a bit more accurate...

IMG_20161121_075006.jpg

I also used a design for Ash from Evil Deads Dodge, which I didn't really modify much but it made a great basis for the Blues Brothers Bluesmobile which I built as well. And to top it off I built the A-team Van I was working on, again based on another design but changed to a point that there's few similarities. I'm waiting on a few parts to get some proper pics of the Bluesmobile and A-team Van but I'll try and get a pic of Ash's car tonight.

3N16MA

Banned
Has the rule of not selling exclusives at a discount over? I noticed a couple retailers discounting UCS Star Wars sets recently. Picked up the UCS Tie Fighter for a better price than double VIP.

So my recent order is a mix of PAB and a few regular sets.

I know PAB takes a while for them to get, but does that mean my entire order will ship later until they are done with all the pieces I ordered, or does LEGO usually ship the sets out seperately?

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Planning to put it around the base of the tree. Maybe I can dig out my old train set and try to make it's power functions work with this. I had one of the old sets with the metal tracks that got power from an outlet.

So, apparently, when I was just a wee lad, I was smart enough to make sure all my train stuff was in one spot. I found all my old tracks, I found the control box, and I found the power plug, as well as the power piece that powered the tracks.

I wasn't smart enough however to put the actual train motor part in the same box, and can only assume it's buried in one of my old LEGO boxes...

edit: Was totally smart enough to put it near the top.

IT STILL WORKS!

HNO9tet.gif

Boogiepop

So I was thinking of getting a friend a Star Wars advent calendar for Christmas, and... did I screw up by not thinking of this until now? It's not available from Lego, Target, or Walmart online. Never messed with these before, and honestly didn't expect that (would think they'd keep seasonal Christmas products in stock at least until December starts before the rush gobbles them all up). Should I just give up on this idea, or is there still hope for a restock?

So, apparently, when I was just a wee lad, I was smart enough to make sure all my train stuff was in one spot. I found all my old tracks, I found the control box, and I found the power plug, as well as the power piece that powered the tracks.

I wasn't smart enough however to put the actual train motor part in the same box, and can only assume it's buried in one of my old LEGO boxes...

edit: Was totally smart enough to put it near the top.

IT STILL WORKS!

HNO9tet.gif
You know what to do now...EPIC TRAIN MOC!

Or casually modify an existing train to use the 9V motor.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
You know what to do now...EPIC TRAIN MOC!

Or casually modify an existing train to use the 9V motor.

Yeah, I plan to use it on the holiday train under the tree. Now I don't have to worry about batteries.

And i can return all the power function stuff I bought. Out of curiosity, how long did the batteries last on the battery pack with a train? Figure the batteries in the remote would be pretty good since it's just IR.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
So I was thinking of getting a friend a Star Wars advent calendar for Christmas, and... did I screw up by not thinking of this until now? It's not available from Lego, Target, or Walmart online. Never messed with these before, and honestly didn't expect that (would think they'd keep seasonal Christmas products in stock at least until December starts before the rush gobbles them all up). Should I just give up on this idea, or is there still hope for a restock?

Saw plenty at my local LEGO store yesterday. Call around, check Target or Walmart's in-store availability.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom