• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT5| DARKNESS! NO MONEY! (or Break the Rules! Mix the Bags!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ponn

Banned
Waiting for exclusives to pop but got a couple orders in. $35 free shipping and free mini batwing means i'm going to have a couple extras. I will have a fleet of mini batwings at my command!

Waiting for exclusives to pop but got a couple orders in. $35 free shipping and free mini batwing means i'm going to have a couple extras. I will have a fleet of mini batwings at my command!

Nice idea, multiple smaller orders because they lowered the free shipping threshold. Just placed my order for the Valentine set and seven Batman minifigs.

Sorry if old but I didn't know you could order this yet so it might be a new listing.

You can order the LEGO Batman Movie Excalibur Batman for LEGO Dimensions. It appears to have release day shipping (or nearly so, it says 'arrives on or shortly after')

http://www.target.com/p/warner-bros/-/A-52105103

Yeah, it's Dimensions but the exclusive Batman minifigure is relevant for most of us here I think!

Now, you may also easily be able to just walk into a Target on that day and get one -- but I'm lazy :)

With that sword, doesn't that make him a Nexo Dark Knight?
Oh yeah, ended the year with a good one!

Rootbeer

Banned
I was just about to post the same. Found the info on Eurobricks.
Ahh -- well i'm glad i'm not the only one smart enough to find them haha... really easy just type in the set # and set name in the right sequence
With that sword, doesn't that make him a Nexo Dark Knight?
Oh yeah, ended the year with a good one!
That's immediately what I thought when they first revealed it. The minifigure is really cool, the sword is a bit much... but, still kinda works!

Holy shit, this is news to me. Awesome.

LEGO-Batman-Movie-Sets-Mr-Freeze-Joker-Scarecrow-Pizza-640x853.jpg

Osahi

Not a negative, just atypical.

SW Polys are usually mini-scale ships or minifigs. This is something new.

Completely misinterpreted that. My bad!

This will go on sale? Hope I can find it. Not every toy store caries poly's and I can see this flying of the shelves

Just_one

Assembly Square ordered!!! :D

also put a flash keychain and 2 batman minifigures (one was free due to vip points)

come to daddy!!!!

Markus

For any Canadians, it looks like TrU is adding some more sets/themes to their current sale today. I believe Nexo Knights just got added this afternoon on the website, possibly more to come. I'm hoping that some of these sets will go BOGO 50% come Jan 2.

http://www.toysrus.ca/family/viewall/index.jsp?categoryId=91970956&overrideStore=TRUSCA

Doctor Who Ideas and a few more sets have been changed to $x.98 and now qualify for BOGO 50% clearance. Though they may show a $x.97 price on the search results from the above link, when you click to the product page of a particular set, the price may be different.

Just built the Fantastic Beasts story pack thing for LEGO Dimensions. There's obviously not a great deal to these sets but this one looks really nice, it all looks really intricate and detailed when it's done. Definitely my favourite looking one of the three so far.

Batman minifigs are up in the UK at Argos, three quid, FFS. That was the price of a Mixel before they were killed off, I think LEGO must have had a choice between ending Mixels and jacking up the price and went with ending them.

Wow, Toys R Us really loves to gouge those prices, eh? Popped in to see if they had their new Lego Batman stuff out, and they sure do... with premium pricing. Seeing huge markups on all the big sets, minifigs for $1 more than Target... And I could swear that Batmobile was $59 before Christmas; now it's $79.

Yikes.

Wow, Toys R Us really loves to gouge those prices, eh? Popped in to see if they had their new Lego Batman stuff out, and they sure do... with premium pricing. Seeing huge markups on all the big sets, minifigs for $1 more than Target... And I could swear that Batmobile was $59 before Christmas; now it's $79.

Yikes.

They'll pricematch though so it's not a huge deal if you want to buy from them. Only reason I got Arkham from them instead of S@H is because they decided to honor the LEGO catalogue price.

Don't hate me but I bought Lepin.

*runs away

Brofist.

Yeah I've bought 1 modular Lepin set so far.

The Fire station. Always wanted it and refused to pay the prices for aftermarket Lego. £48 and it's so far glorious. I could give a review but its not get finished.
However the only problem is a large flat plate which is slightly too small so causes the base plates to flex but without it it is fine.

I love Lego, but I have no problems buying Lepin. The quality is excellent and I will be getting more for retired sets and for more bricks for MOCs.

They actually have the Assembly Square already! £130 but official one is £160 and would rather spend the extra £30 for the official one.

Assembly Square is on my list. I can't wait for it. Hope we have another MOC this year.

Osahi

I love Lego, but I have no problems buying Lepin. The quality is excellent and I will be getting more for retired sets and for more bricks for MOCs.

You should.

We've been over this many times in this topic, and I don't want to start over again, but Lepin is filth for many reasons. And buying it is at least a sign of enourmous disrespect to the work of lego and it's designers, not even considering the possible links to organised crime.

If you love Lego, you stay away from Lepin.

Ryuuroden

You should.

We've been over this many times in this topic, and I don't want to start over again, but Lepin is filth for many reasons. And buying it is at least a sign of enourmous disrespect to the work of lego and it's designers, not even considering the possible links to organised crime.

I really want it to be a bannable offense to talk about buying it really but I'm sure that's a no go. I mean I don't go to gaming side but is buying bootleg games and talking about it ok to do?

if it is, can we put it in the topic and start reporting it. I don't want to be an ass but the fact that "company" keeps being brought up in a Lego thread is disgusting. I have no problem with LEGAL companies like Megablocks.

I was in line at the Lego Store when it opened (Potomac Mills represent!). Picked up Assembly Square and Joker Balloon. Saving other sets for promos down the line.

My daughter got the Friends Cupcake Bakery, but she can't open it until her Birthday later this month.

You should.

Is there actual evidence that Lepin has ties to organised crime* or is this just a worst-case scenario that people are using as a scare tactic?

Obviously I'm not advocating buying that shit, and I don't know how anyone could be content with a collection that contains even one off-brand brick let alone fake ones, but I'm curious.

(*obviously what Lepin do is crime in itself, but you know what I mean.)

Ryuuroden

Is there actual evidence that Lepin has ties to organised crime* or is this just a worst-case scenario that people are using as a scare tactic?

Obviously I'm not advocating buying that shit, and I don't know how anyone could be content with a collection that contains even one off-brand brick let alone fake ones, but I'm curious.

(*obviously what Lepin do is crime in itself, but you know what I mean.)

Well by buying it, technically your participating in a criminal activity.

Ryuuroden

Just got back from the store, wanted a separate post for this. I just picked up Assembly Square. They sold out in 50 minutes, I got the last copy because I didn't get there till 12:50 due to the 2 year old vomiting all over the carpet :( Glad i got there in time.

Well by buying it, technically your participating in a criminal activity.

Yeah my post implied that, but does that mean your claim that they're linked to sex trafficking was pulled out of your arse?

There are so many reasons for people not to buy Lepin without you needing to make up stuff like that with no basis in fact at all.

Ryuuroden

Yeah my post implied that, but does that mean your claim that they're linked to sex trafficking was pulled out of your arse?

There are so many reasons for people not to buy Lepin without you needing to make up stuff like that with no basis in fact at all.

I said they probably. Most companies that do that sort of thing have mafia connections for financing especially in China. And the Chinese mafia is very involved in sex trafficking. Do I have proof that lepin in particular is, no, but is there overwhelming evidence and reporting that bootleg companies have many connections to mob activity, yes.

Ponn

Banned
Made multiple orders for Lego S@H for the new year. Assembly Square ordered for a whopping $40 (Thanks VIP Points!), Arctic Roller, Scarecrow Delivery, couple mighty micro sets and Creator Robot. Need to start building more to catch up on these, haven't even built Brick Bank or Detectives office yet.

Yikes.
If you have a local Barnes and Noble, they have the sets at msrp, and you can get the 10% member discount too.

namtab37

Neo Member
I hope they release the new Mr Freeze / Red Hood armor piece in either silver or black. I'm trying to create a custom Mr freeze from the 90s TV series

Plum

How long can we expect the Parisian Restaraunt to stay available before it retires? Deciding whether to buy it in January after my exams or June after I break up from university.

How long can we expect the Parisian Restaraunt to stay available before it retires? Deciding whether to buy it in January after my exams or June after I break up from university.

Well, Palace Cinema is still around but I'm thinking that set is super easy to keep producing since they're not dropping dark tan anytime soon. Parisian Restaurant is using a ton of olive green that's not really fashionable anymore since Chima died. Maybe if Ninjago or something picks it up, you could expect it to stick around for a few more years. It's also better regarded than PC, but you never know.

Case in point:

The 1x8 has ONLY been used for PR. Lego has to keep producing it, or they're working off an initial batch to put together sets as they go along. But it's not good business. And the same goes for the 1x3.
The 1x6, 1x4, 1x2 and 1x1 haven't been used in other sets since 2014 (Chima and Turtles).

That's a bulk of the set that they can't use for anything else, unless there's another green theme coming up that will revive the production.

TheFuzz

You should.

I really want it to be a bannable offense to talk about buying it really but I'm sure that's a no go. I mean I don't go to gaming side but is buying bootleg games and talking about it ok to do?

if it is, can we put it in the topic and start reporting it. I don't want to be an ass but the fact that "company" keeps being brought up in a Lego thread is disgusting. I have no problem with LEGAL companies like Megablocks.

I agree with you. Sorry, everyone, if you can't legally "afford" sets you want, then that's on you... but don't bring it up here. You're buying "fakes" from a company who outwardly steals.

Plum

Well, Palace Cinema is still around but I'm thinking that set is super easy to keep producing since they're not dropping dark tan anytime soon. Parisian Restaurant is using a ton of olive green that's not really fashionable anymore since Chima died. Maybe if Ninjago or something picks it up, you could expect it to stick around for a few more years. It's also better regarded than PC, but you never know.

Case in point:

The 1x8 has ONLY been used for PR. Lego has to keep producing it, or they're working off an initial batch to put together sets as they go along. But it's not good business. And the same goes for the 1x3.
The 1x6, 1x4, 1x2 and 1x1 haven't been used in other sets since 2014 (Chima and Turtles).

That's a bulk of the set that they can't use for anything else, unless there's another green theme coming up that will revive the production.

So better to get it earlier rather than later then? Got ya; I'll put off getting the Ferrari F40 after the exams and get the PR instead. I've got £20 in VIP points so it won't be as big of a purchase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom