• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT5| DARKNESS! NO MONEY! (or Break the Rules! Mix the Bags!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nodnol

Just finished the RTT.

What an enjoyable build. For such an unattractive ship (IMO), and one that appears fleetingly, they did a superb job. It's very accurate to the "real" thing, but they've done a fantastic job of smoothing everything over, giving it details above and beyond you would expect from a relatively minor ship. The use of parts is fantastic, and I like how you build it in all directions, particularly when it comes to the cockpit and the weapon arm.

Very pleased I managed to pick it up. Looks great assembled, and it's nice to have Akbar and Leia. Leia particularly, given recent events. She's stood at the front of the ship, greeting whoever lowers the ramp.

Now on to, sorry US Gaffers, the new Y-Wing!

Ryuuroden

No more Lepin talk please. Buying from them is something to be ashamed of and by buying from them you are supporting organized crime with links to sex trafficking most likely.
The very fact that apparently the Chinese courts are leaning toward siding with Lego in the copyright should say something about how bad they are. Chinese courts siding with western companies is rare and its not like Lego has Disney levels of influence on China yet they are still succeeding in the court system.

I called my local Lego store to confirm what time they are opening tomorrow, and if they got their Assembly Squares yet. I don't have a problem.

ghostmind

I don't think that I'll be able to make it to the LEGO store tomorrow, so Assembly Square may have to wait a day, if they still have stock on the 2nd.

Why is that one superior again?

I prefer the Grey/Blue color scheme to Poe's Black/Orange. I know he's an "ace", but having a rebel/resistance pilot feels "wrong" to me as far as canon goes. It's the only aspect of new canon that I dislike... so far.

Oh, as far as the build goes, the resistance x-wing has a removable hyper driving.

Ponn

Banned
Threshold is a bit pricey ($75 USD), but they will be mine.

The LEGO Batman Movie Disco Batman/Tears of Batman (30607) LEGO store polybag promotion in February

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/ind...f-rumors-discussion/&page=271#comment-2718954

Oh I see they are doing weekly free posters again like they did with Lego Movie, thats neat. I wouldn't mind getting that free Krypto polybag too but I can't see the dates clearly, looks like there is only like a day or so crossover with the free Batman figs.

Not quite sure what i'm going to save for Feb. to get those free batman figs. I think i'm going to use my amazon gift card from christmas for the scuttler. I can probably hold off on the Riddler chase set, some mighty micros and like the catwoman $20 set or something.

I'm definitely picking up the store exclusive Batman movie sets tonight, Clayface and that Creotor robot.

ghostmind

Oh I see they are doing weekly free posters again like they did with Lego Movie, thats neat. I wouldn't mind getting that free Krypto polybag too but I can't see the dates clearly, looks like there is only like a day or so crossover with the free Batman figs.

Not quite sure what i'm going to save for Feb. to get those free batman figs. I think i'm going to use my amazon gift card from christmas for the scuttler. I can probably hold off on the Riddler chase set, some mighty micros and like the catwoman $20 set or something.

I'm definitely picking up the store exclusive Batman movie sets tonight, Clayface and that Creotor robot.

Looks like 5 days of overlap:

8I2w5OJ.jpg

Ponn

Banned
Looks like 5 days of overlap:

New R2-D2 poly:

C7A2bfa.jpg

What an odd poly: http://m.imgur.com/a/6vxEY

Aw sweet deal. Then I guess I will pick up Riddler Chase and the DC Superhero girl Batgirl set in feb to get both freebies. And it looks like I would be getting the Batgirl free poster the week I order which is cool, i'd want either that one or the Robin one.

Thats a cool little buildable R2-D2, depending on how big it looks near a fig I prefer that to the normal one because of the third leg.

Nodnol

Just finished the Y-Wing. Looks brilliant.

The shape of the cockpit/front of the ship is spot on. I can't compare this model to previous sets, but it seems a fantastic representation of the real thing.

Plum

So I'm getting the Mini Cooper after my exams finish later this month, should I get the Ferrari F40 alongside it? My worry is that it would look out of place next to the other 3 cars, but I'm not too sure. It's either that or another Ideas set like the Maze or the Caterham, but I'm not too enthused on those and I'd prefer a more substantial build.

So I'm getting the Mini Cooper after my exams finish later this month, should I get the Ferrari F40 alongside it? My worry is that it would look out of place next to the other 3 cars, but I'm not too sure. It's either that or another Ideas set like the Maze or the Caterham, but I'm not too enthused on those and I'd prefer a more substantial build.
F40 is great. And then you also need the Beetle.

Ponn

Banned
Coming in at the last minute but here's my Lego top ten of the year list

Classic Batman TV Series Batcave

I will defend this set to the death. Yes it has faults but its pros outweigh the cons. Despite the price point it really is a great value with a great assortment of unique and exclusive figs and alot of useful parts including unique beams and many large plates. To appreciate this set you probably have to be a Batman fan so with a couple caveats its not higher on my list but it is on my top ten list.

Creator Fun in the Park
From a build standpoint there is nothing unique in this set but whats unique is this being a true figure pack and something Lego needs to do more of in the future. It should be supported by all to send them a clear message.

Creator Park Animals

This is an old set that many have probably already forgotten but damn was this a fun build and just adorable for display. I wanted to cheat and put the new Dinosaur set here but Park Animals needs the love and a reminder to get it before its gone.

Star Wars AT-ST

Great Star Wars sets that even though its under Rogue One theme this is for the OT fans as well. Nice assortment of figs and just one of those classic Star Wars vehicles you need on a shelf.

Lego Dimensions Sonic Level pack
Okay, so here is where we start to go off the rails a bit. I think this is fair game for a Lego list. The msrp price makes it initial value not including the game portion way off sure but with the amount of sales on these things its no problem getting this for under $20 at some point. I have gushed over the game portion of this set earlier last month but the fig and the mini builds in this set are just outstanding. Even if you aren't a Sonic fan the fig is just a classic character to have and is adorable. The builds, especially the bi-plane is just awesome in this set given the constraints they have to work with. They aren't just game pieces but actualy cool builds that are totally swooshable. Just for the record I was torn between putting this and the Adventure Time level pack here which is also a great set for slightly different reasons so pick your poison.

Batman Gotham Cycle Chase

This was one of those great super hero $20 sets. You can rarely go wrong with Lego's $20 super hero sets and this is a prime example. Both bike builds in this set are slick as hell and look good on display. They are sturdy enough for kids to play with and yet are slick enough to fit into any super hero display or even your modular or City streets. The figs are top notch with Batman being the only ho-hum get. Harley is available in other sets BUT all of them are pricier or OOP sets and the great thing about these Harley figs they are all unique variants. You also get a slick as hell Deadshot fig so this is the hinted at but not official Suicide Squad set.

Star Wars Darth Vader Tie Advanced vs. A-Wing

Ok so I know this set wasn't very popular and there was grumblings about the price but hear me out on this one. If you don't have the Death Star or plan on getting it you get a couple great figs in the newly designed Darth Vader and Grand Moff Tarkin. You also get Sabine which if you are a fan of Rebels (and why aren't you?) she is always nice to get. What made this set really nice to me though was the thought and polish put into both of these builds. I have had complaints about vehicle builds in the past and have put together some really sloppy rush jobs (hello Batwing from Joker Steamroller) but these two builds got extra love and addressed many of my complaints. They are slick looking and feel complete from top to bottom. They hide their play features in some excellent and unique ways that make you go "YES, why haven't you been doing this from the start?" The only con I can even come up with this set is that after these builds i'm afraid i'm going to disappointed in many future builds.

Spider-Man Bridge Battle

This is the Super Hero set I keep asking for but we get more garishly colored Hulk vehicles instead. This was my YESSS!! moment from NY Toyfair reveal. Every damn thing I want from a Spider-Man set barring a true big Daily Bugle set. Just unbelievable selection of figs, good guys and bad. A playset that is fun for kids yet looks really awesome on display and makes adults what to play with it even. Great price point and an easy option to buy two and make it even grander in scale. i have nothing bad at all to say about this set, except for maybe where is my Spider Gwen Lego?

Ninjago Jay's Elemental Dragon

This is another slot I went back and forth between two sets to slide in here. I make no attempts to hide my love for the Ninjago dragon sets and we had two this year with Jay's Elemental Dragon and Lloyd's Green NRG Dragon. I decided to focus on Jay's Dragon because it is at a very nice price point of $30, its a traditional Lego buld from top to bottom to wing tip and the secondary villain build is small enough to steal pieces from the main build yet kind of neat and worthwhile to have for fun. Oh yea, it also comes with a monkey fig.

The finished Dragon build is enormous very articulate and just great to display. The figs are a great selection and the paint job on the Jay fig is really sharp and eyecatching. You absolutely cannot go wrong with these Ninjago Dragon sets.

Geoffrey's Creepy Day at the Playground

Ha, just kidding. Though this set will live on in all our minds...forever!

Disney Castle

I literally do not have to say anything about this set. You know damn well this is the number one set this year.

ninge

Ordered my Assembly Square from the website so will have to wait until next weekend to build it most likely.

In other news, Santa was very kind this year (and the sets were heavily reduced) so I now have a complete collection of year 1 Lego dimensions figures, including Super Girl and Green Lantern :) Now I just need to find the time to play it all!

Anyone seen any good storage ideas for dimensions figures? Thinking of making my own.

Plum

F40 is great. And then you also need the Beetle.

Oh, I've already got the Beetle (and absolutely love it!), so the Cooper and Ferrari will just be finishing off the collection, that is unless I decide to get the Caterham as well. I do have £20 in credit so that is possible...

Oh, I've already got the Beetle (and absolutely love it!), so the Cooper and Ferrari will just be finishing off the collection, that is unless I decide to get the Caterham as well. I do have £20 in credit so that is possible...

And I am assuming you have the VW Camper Van as well, since that is amazing.

Plum

And I am assuming you have the VW Camper Van as well, since that is amazing.

Of course, it's probably my favorite non-Modular set right now.

Does the Caterham fit with the 4 Creator car sets? I love the design but the lower piece count and it being Ideas doesn't point to it fitting in well.

Hmmm. 11 sets released today that I want.

HOWEVER. I took a long look at the list.

* I want Moana's ship for... actually I don't know what. For $49.
* I kind of want Elsa's palace to build a really big one... for $87.
* Exploration Robots is still a decent deal for $22.
* I basically only want the Phantom for Thrawn, and I'd really want at least two spares of his head. But not for $49.
* The Scuttler and the DC school are interesting, but it comes down to basically wanting the Poison Ivy in both, and maybe some other Batman figures. For $99 per set.
* Riddler Racer and Penguin car for $44 each.
* And the A-Wing: $66 for 358 parts! A ridiculous conversion on top of a ridiculous PPP to begin with. Is this all Lando tax?

Ultimately I ordered two: Assembly Square and the Captain America Jet. That one wasn't that overpriced and I want that Ms Marvel for the novelty of it. I also got five Batman CMF. Those are indeed 33% more expensive now, so these will also have to wait for a sale.

Basically, Lego are too greedy this time. I was looking forward to spending a ton of cash, but it feels stupid at this point. Local shops will eventually have a 25% sale and then it gets a bit more reasonable, or I might pick up the figures off BL.

Interestingly, the total cost of those nine sets are almost the same as the (also overpriced) Death Star...

Ponn

Banned
Ordered my Assembly Square from the website so will have to wait until next weekend to build it most likely.

In other news, Santa was very kind this year (and the sets were heavily reduced) so I now have a complete collection of year 1 Lego dimensions figures, including Super Girl and Green Lantern :) Now I just need to find the time to play it all!

Anyone seen any good storage ideas for dimensions figures? Thinking of making my own.

I got this on sale a couple weeks before christmas for like $12 but it retails for $15 which is pretty good. After you initially fool around with a bunch of the figs and vehicles you are going to settle on the most versatile figs and the BttF car and maybe one flying vehicle for puzzles. It starts to get tiring switching figs on the pad. This case held the perfect amount of needed figs for most every situation and a couple vehicles that you can keep handy next to you. The rest of my collection I keep stored in a Lego drawer.

TheFuzz

Is that a first in that scale? I'm not a Star Wars die hard so I can't tell how accurate the model is, but it looks darn good to me. Me want.

Yeah I need this, it's fantastic. Would look pretty close to scale with a K2-SO constraction.

Oh no. What have I done?

My wife and I might go to Nashville on Monday, but might not. There is a LEGO store there.
Trying not to order Assembly Square tonight in the chance we go there Monday.

My brain is saying if we go Monday, I will buy it. If we don't, wait for February and the Batman promo.

Searched but couldn't find anything, so forgive me if this question has been asked: when will the series 4 star wars microfighters be available in the U.S.? Amazon, TRU, etc. don't seem to carry any of them.

Ok here's my last minute top 5 2016 lego sets

1. Volkswagen Beetle

Absolutley love this thing. Build was phenomenal. Lots of great new parts and colors. Looks amazing, didn't think it could top the mini cooper, but it did. Easily my favorite lego car ever, and my favorite set released year.

2. Joker's Notorious Low Rider

Not exactly sure if this is a 2016 set but it was officially released in november so it counts in my book even if it wasn't in the 2016 catalogs. Everything about this set is amazing. the design of the vehicle, the suspension action figure, and the figures. Harley quinn is fantastic. Another great lego vehicle.

3. King's Mech

Probably my favorite lego mech ever. Looks amazing, and has great potability. Even knee joints! Thats so important for mechs to me. You can get so many dynamic poses with this thing. Lots of them are ruined by bad articulation.

4. Clay's Rumble Blade

Amazing set. So much to say about it. The design is awesome, I love the way it disassembles. The sword jet is genius. The figures are good. Another great nexo knights set.

5. K2S0

Had to put this on my top 5. Has such a brilliant build and a fun action feature. Looks great too even if its not 100% true to the character. Love the design of the hips. My favorite contraction set this year.

Best theme:

Have to say that my favorite theme this year was nexo knights. I love the anime esque aesthetic, and its so over the top in a good way. The clever weapon inspired shapes of the vehicles is icing on the cake. So many good sets i havent even gotten yet that I still need to get. Jestro's evil mobile would probably be in my top 5 if i had it.

Ok here's my last minute top 5 2016 lego sets

1. Volkswagen Beetle

Absolutley love this thing. Build was phenomenal. Lots of great new parts and colors. Looks amazing, didn't think it could top the mini cooper, but it did. Easily my favorite lego car ever, and my favorite set released year.

2. Joker's Notorious Low Rider

Not exactly sure if this is a 2016 set but it was officially released in november so it counts in my book even if it wasn't in the 2016 catalogs. Everything about this set is amazing. the design of the vehicle, the suspension action figure, and the figures. Harley quinn is fantastic. Another great lego vehicle.

3. King's Mech

Probably my favorite lego mech ever. Looks amazing, and has great potability. Even knee joints! Thats so important for mechs to me. You can get so many dynamic poses with this thing. Lots of them are ruined by bad articulation.

4. Clay's Rumble Blade

Amazing set. So much to say about it. The design is awesome, I love the way it disassembles. The sword jet is genius. The figures are good. Another great nexo knights set.

5. K2S0

Had to put this on my top 5. Has such a brilliant build and a fun action feature. Looks great too even if its not 100% true to the character. Love the design of the hips. My favorite contraction set this year.

Best theme:

Have to say that my favorite theme this year was nexo knights. I love the anime esque aesthetic, and its so over the top in a good way. The clever weapon inspired shapes of the vehicles is icing on the cake. So many good sets i havent even gotten yet that I still need to get. Jestro's evil mobile would probably be in my top 5 if i had it.
Beetle and King's Mech love warms my heart.

Shop LEGO pls where's my Arctic Roller
Artic Roller. :)

Rootbeer

Banned
Sorry if old but I didn't know you could order this yet so it might be a new listing.

You can order the LEGO Batman Movie Excalibur Batman for LEGO Dimensions. It appears to have release day shipping (or nearly so, it says 'arrives on or shortly after')

http://www.target.com/p/warner-bros/-/A-52105103

Yeah, it's Dimensions but the exclusive Batman minifigure is relevant for most of us here I think!

Now, you may also easily be able to just walk into a Target on that day and get one -- but I'm lazy :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom