• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT5| DARKNESS! NO MONEY! (or Break the Rules! Mix the Bags!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which shuttle and falcon?

Heres the shuttle, not missing anything:

678xN0r.jpg

Millenium Falcon is 7965. Its presentable as my cat destroyed it for the 2nd time. All parts are accounted for.

broz0rs

first post here. just want to say I saw the Ghostbusters HQ at the Lego Store in San Jose and was blown away by it. I would love to get it, but I still need to finish the Batman Tumbler that I bought a few months ago.

TheFuzz

Boy, I hope they aren't the crappy UCS versions of either of them, that would totally suck. Those UCS versions were so crappy and are worthless. If they are the UCS versions I will save you some trouble and take them off your hands for $100, i'm feeling generous.

Ponn is trying to swindle you, he's only looking out for himself. I should warn you everyone else here will try to cheat you, don't fall for any of them. Lucky for you, I'm as honest as they come.

I'll give you $110. $115 if instructions are included. PM me for my address. All I ask is you ship first.

You're welcome, friend.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
What's the best way of selling Lego sets? I have a the big imperial shuttle and millenium falcon and could use the extra cash.

There is a Lego marketplace thread on GAF but it's mostly used for minifigs. Your other alternative would be bricklink. If it's a desirable set (that shuttle will be) then you can see similar prices for the same condition as yours and set your price based on how quickly you want it to sell.

Btw, what makes the ghostbusters HQ so great? Just looks like a giant modular fire station to me. Does it have an amazing internal build?

wetwired

Finally arrived today (falcon for scale), disappointed to find the box crushed at the top (above the ghostbusters text) and more down on the bottom :(

12540227_10153988867542994_2138778186_n.jpg

There is a Lego marketplace thread on GAF but it's mostly used for minifigs. Your other alternative would be bricklink. If it's a desirable set (that shuttle will be) then you can see similar prices for the same condition as yours and set your price based on how quickly you want it to sell.

Btw, what makes the ghostbusters HQ so great? Just looks like a giant modular fire station to me. Does it have an amazing internal build?

The interior is amazing. Nostalgia overload.

http://www.beardednerd.se/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/Ghostbusters-03.jpg

wetwired

FFS, 2 "Bags" (actually about 8 bags in reality) down after 2 hours in.

So far I've fucked up the plaque sticker on the front to the point I had to take it off and reapply (it never goes on well after doing that)

Then I put one of the locker stickers on crooked.

After that I put the containment unit sticker on upsidedown.

And FINALLY after all that, my 6 year old daughter walks out after being put to bed. I told her to go back to her bed and kind of ignored her while I went on building. She says something like "why is there little bits of sticker leftovers in here?" and I look over where she has a scrunched up sticker sheet in her hand from the tiny mirror sticker sheet. AAARRGH

Only ones I know about are the ones in CMF series. Not sure it would work without hair. Also, the stud on the head is part of the iconic minifig look. If LEGO really wanted a bald head without a stud, they could make heads without the stud.

I know its iconic which is fine on regular figures but with licensed figures they look so incomplete next to others with hair, hats, helmets, etc.

teeny

FFS, 2 "Bags" (actually about 8 bags in reality) down after 2 hours in.

So far I've fucked up the plaque sticker on the front to the point I had to take it off and reapply (it never goes on well after doing that)

Then I put one of the locker stickers on crooked.

After that I put the containment unit sticker on upsidedown.

And FINALLY after all that, my 6 year old daughter walks out after being put to bed. I told her to go back to her bed and kind of ignore her while I went on building. She says something like "why is there little bits of sticker leftovers in here?" and I look over where she has a scrunched up sticker sheet in her hand from the tiny mirror sticker sheet. AAARRGH

Oh dear, ouch :( I feel for you! I think we all share your pain
though probably not all of that at once...

wetwired

Oh dear, ouch :( I feel for you! I think we all share your pain
though probably not all of that at once...

I rang lego, apparently they couldn't sell me replacements due to licensing, when she asked why I explained what my daughter did (not the rest of the fuckups I did) and she said they'd sent replacements free of charge along with a small gift for her.

teeny

I rang lego, apparently they couldn't sell me replacements due to licensing, when she asked why I explained what my daughter did (not the rest of the fuckups I did) and she said they'd sent replacements free of charge along with a small gift for her.

And that's Lego customer service for you. :)

wetwired

This is Bag 4 down, after 3-4 hours, I'm shattered. I full intended to knuckle down and build it before bed but this thing is crazy huge. It's gonna be 3 nights at least I reckon.

12557686_10153989226187994_146021041_o.jpg

Note, sticker ruining daughters lego in the background

ruxtpin

Banned
Whenever I have a bigger set w stickers I contact Lego for a second sheet. They usually ask for a snapshot of some numbers off the back of the instructions. But that's my one main complaint when I fill in surveys. Stickers are OK, I get why they do emm - but give us two sets Lego! Especially if we're spending over $100 on a set.

teeny

Whenever I have a bigger set w stickers I contact Lego for a second sheet. They usually ask for a snapshot of some numbers off the back of the instructions. But that's my one main complaint when I fill in surveys. Stickers are OK, I get why they do emm - but don't us two sets Lego! Especially if we're spending over $100 on a set.

Two sets would be good. They should also protect them the way they do fabric capes and such by wrapping them in cardboard. My Ghost's stickers were a little bent - I would have been most displeased had they been unusable.

Or, alternatively, no stickers :p

boltz

It's disappointing to hear about Lego's reliance on stickers, even on the more expensive sets. Heck, even Mega Bloks has gone to all printed bricks on all of their Halo sets. I know it's a cost saving measure, but it's pretty cheap of them to have stickers for $350 sets, especially when I'm sure it's one of their top complaints.

It's disappointing to hear about Lego's reliance on stickers, even on the more expensive sets. Heck, even Mega Bloks has gone to all printed bricks on all of their Halo sets. I know it's a cost saving measure, but it's pretty cheap of them to have stickers for $350 sets, especially when I'm sure it's one of their top complaints.

Having a stack of extra stickers to ship out is cheaper than putting an extra copy in every set. Also, having stickers at all in big sets is simply because they sell less so there's less benefits to making a new printed part. Also, Mega Bloks saves money by having shitty, shitty plastic quality and that horrible marbled look overall.

In other news, I got my first set of CMF15s today after a bit of bag feeling. I only missed out the knight and got a second farmer instead, otherwise I got the right ones. Impressions:

Faun: OMG the new legs! He can't sit as the legs don't bend that far, but he couldn't anyway since there is no room for antistuds on the backs of them. Fine with me.
Astronaut: Candidate for best figure 2016! Awesome print, awesome Classic Space nostalgia and a very good, solid design overall.
Kendo guy: There IS indeed armor print on the legs, which further reduces his usefulness. If he had had the old samurai armor over a gi and hakama print, I would have bought a million of these. Now I settle for two, but they will give their swords to my dojo and instead get proper shinai bamboo sticks. Kendo doesn't use bokken, dammit.
Farmer: A very nice, standard old guy with usable parts and a pig which will probably go visit my Mill Village Raid.
Jewel thief: Not that interesting but she'll climb the Brick Bank. Her legs ARE printed.
Janitor: Oh the possibilities of this guy anywhere someone has made a mess by, say, fighting evil supervillains.
Winged warrior: Too specific to get multiples, but an awesome look.
Shark guy: Would have passed if I didn't recently make a seaside part of my city. He'll fit right in.
Tribal woman: Cute face and of course the brand new baby. I'll probably use the baby elsewhere and have her support the bowmen on Helm's Deep instead.
Wrestler: Ugly and fairly pointless, but I have a wrestling maniac friend who will probably love him.

Overall a solid lineup with only a few figures I actively discarded. I'll probably pick up a Queen and a Ballerina later, as well as a Knight and maybe a few doubles. I need the bases for them anyway.

Also got the Nexo Knight Lance set. It seems that the Infernox and King Mech sets are indeed exclusive here too.

Finally arrived today (falcon for scale), disappointed to find the box crushed at the top (above the ghostbusters text) and more down on the bottom :(

12540227_10153988867542994_2138778186_n.jpg

That really stinks. This is my biggest worry, I will have to order it online since the closest store to me is 3 hours away but I would hate to get a crushed box. I know it's just the box but it would still bother me :(

for some pieces though I think it's necessary as I'm sure setting up a print to come out correctly for every piece shape can be very very complicated and expensive. I can understand prints for pieces that are commonly printed on like the flat 1x2 and the sloped 2x4 to not have problems since their demand for prints is common, but odd technic pieces, large curved domes, and others that don't ever have prints probably have their own problems.

Yes megablocks and etc have printed on all pieces, but I feel like Lego has their quality standards to run by, and stickers in the end make more sense.

some prints though I do agree don't make sense why they are not printed like 1x2 slopes and others.

ghostmind

Toy Fair season is upon us!

Expect set descriptions (and some possible photo leaks) for most of the upcoming 2016 2H sets starting this Sunday, from the London Toy Fair.

Then starting on January 27th, we have the Nuremberg Toy Fair, where we will get images from some of the upcoming themes/sets.

It all wraps up in just under a month, at the NYTF, where we will have tons of images, videos, and some additional reveals.

Rootbeer

Banned
No luck finding the new CMFs today. Report in if you find any guys! I know there's been a few posts the past few days but not sure if any of them were USA sightings or not?

Ponn

Banned
I'm thinking of returning the TFA Millennium Falcon I got to help fund the '66 Batcave. Still haven't built the Tydirium I got months ago and feel like a UCS Falcon is going to happen sooner or later and I can wait for that.

Expect set descriptions (and some possible photo leaks) for most of the upcoming 2016 2H sets starting this Sunday, from the London Toy Fair.

Then starting on January 27th, we have the Nuremberg Toy Fair, where we will get images from some of the upcoming themes/sets.

It all wraps up in just under a month, at the NYTF, where we will have tons of images, videos, and some additional reveals.

Can't wait to see the new sets!

Fowler

When do you think your probe droids will find the elusive Echo Base? :)

ghostmind

When do you think your probe droids will find the elusive Echo Base? :)

Traditionally they haven't shown exclusives at Toy Fair, but that changed last year, when they revealed the UCS TIE Fighter.

Something is up for Assault on Hoth for it to be delayed this long. Either they decided to retool it for some reason, or they delayed it to give the Force Awakens sets the spotlight. Regardless, the current rumor has it releasing on May 4th.

Tom_Cody

i think the SW microfighters may my favorites!

inexpensive and take no time to put together and yet still has enough of the essence

10259786_10153787786663758_7185300414837812158_n.jpg
I love microfighters as well. I only have the ARC-170 as of right now, but I would like to get a few more. The quality of the mini-figures is great, and the little ships are fantastic caricatures of their full-sized cousins.

peely

Neo Member
FYI UK people, Series 14 CMF (you know, the halloween/monsters ones) are on sale at Tesco for 60p each. Even if they aren't marked as such, should still scan at that price.

Randomly picked up 11, opened 6 with the missus and no duplicates so far. The other 5 are for the little girl tomorrow :)

I present to you: the Lego Balrog!

Reverse engineered by sight from Lego Dimensions in LDD, and then fixed by substituting parts that actually work. The final result is fairly stable, pretty damn big and completely awesome!

The Lego Balrog by siegfried_fm, on Flickr

The Lego Balrog by siegfried_fm, on Flickr

Also, since I'm sure some of you will want to make your own, I've included the LDD files and a template for the wing extensions in my blog post:

http://www.beardednerd.se/fixing-the-official-lego-lord-of-the-rings-balrog/

wetwired

LEGO has released official images of the Mighty Micros:

I think I'll just grab batman/catwoman

We'll probably see the Ghostbusters 2016 sets hopefully

wetwired

Ehhh I'd stick with the falcon. It's a way nicer looking set and the figure lineup is really great. Also that batcave is going to be around for a while. Up to you of course it's totally possible they'll make a new falcon but I wouldn't expect it until episode 8.

I love batman, but I'd go with the falcon on this. I'm only in for the batcave for the minifigs and vehicles. The rest isn't doing it for me. Nor is the price

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom