• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT5| DARKNESS! NO MONEY! (or Break the Rules! Mix the Bags!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Brett

Looking to buy myself a Star Wars™ First Order Transporter™ (just had it in my clipboard :p). Was wondering how people feel about getting multiples of these? I'd bet they look real nice next to the Command Shuttle.

first part of my Amazon order came today, 3 Cyberman Fun Packs and the Doc Brown Fun Pack.

Really wish there were some instructions for this. You'd think after people complained and Lego started putting instructions online they would have thought to like, maybe put the instructions out the day the sets released. I'm trying to eyeball the Dalek and I just suck at it.

Cyberman figure is amazing though. 3 isn't enough I need a ton of these things. Good thing they're 50% off in so many places WAHAHAHA

Edit: Got the Dalek built. Probably did it wrong but it looks like the one on the box so I guess that's all that really matters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2P4kNUptIFw

It wasn't the most impressive looking lighthouse set but I assembled the Scooby Doo Lighthouse set and I like it. It has some little details to the island that give it some life and I liked some of the features to it, like the movable cave opening. Really wish this line had more sets to it.

Help...

Just built the new Batmobile from 76045 (Kryptonite Interception) and the pins for the canopy are extremely tight!!
They squeak and lifting the lid removed the whole back brick built support! Not happy.
Does anyone know how to "fix" the pins from squeaking and possibly loosen them up?
It's a known issue, Jang mentioned the same thing in his review.

Big Brett

Would there be any interest in a livestream build of some LEGO? Trying to gauge if it's worth getting desk space proper for a stream.

I have been eye-balling the Spaceport for a while now and was wondering if it is fun to built. The price per piece ratio is a little bit out of whack, but I understand that there are a lot of large pieces (from the Points of Articulation podcast).

Also, are there a lot of stickers?

lego-city-space-port-60080-88571-0-1433938344000.jpg

Whenever i see this... i can't help but think of this:

g4EpCOl.jpg

That other set is just an uglier and smaller version imo. But yeah, i know at this point it's probably a price issue as well...

g4EpCOl.jpg

That other set is just an uglier and smaller version imo. But yeah, i know at this point it's probably a price issue as well...
Hmm, Lego needs to make some new pieces specifically for making cockpits, something in between the blockiness of that older model and the play-mobile looking molded stuff.

Not a fan of either of those looks.

8bit

Knows the Score
first part of my Amazon order came today, 3 Cyberman Fun Packs and the Doc Brown Fun Pack.

Really wish there were some instructions for this. You'd think after people complained and Lego started putting instructions online they would have thought to like, maybe put the instructions out the day the sets released. I'm trying to eyeball the Dalek and I just suck at it.

Cyberman figure is amazing though. 3 isn't enough I need a ton of these things. Good thing they're 50% off in so many places WAHAHAHA

Edit: Got the Dalek built. Probably did it wrong but it looks like the one on the box so I guess that's all that really matters.

The instructions are in game, they'll appear online in some form soon enough.

g4EpCOl.jpg

That one wasn't too many years ago and I believe it was $100 USD. I remember it distinctly since I was just coming out of my dark ages and was impressed by the size it. It was on my list of sets to get until it got knocked off by the avalanche of LEGO stuff they kept putting out. I regret not getting it seeing how that smaller less impressive one is more than $100.

That one wasn't too many years ago and I believe it was $100 USD. I remember it distinctly since I was just coming out of my dark ages and was impressed by the size it. It was on my list of sets to get until it got knocked off by the avalanche of LEGO stuff they kept putting out. I regret not getting it seeing how that smaller less impressive one is more than $100.

Also note that Shuttle Adventure (2010) actually had more than TWICE the piece count as this one AND is still cheaper AND looks better to boot :p

valkyre

Guys, a little help please.

I decided that I want to mod my TFA Millenium Falcon 75105 mandibles so that they are correctly proportioned with the actual thing.

I love this set in every way except the mandibles. They are way too thin and small compared to the actual design.

So, you guys have some good mandible mods out there? I dont want anything super fancy, or to deviate from this set's overall design, just some nice examples.

Instructions or parts required, would also be highly welcome.

Thanks

So I have a shelf in my man cave that I have the following modular on:
1) Pet Shop
2) Grand Emporium
3) Detective Agency
4) Theater
5) Town Hall
6) Parisian Restaurant
7) Bank

I have enough space for one more modular.... so should I search for the Fire Brigade (GB headquarters is too big for the shelf) or just wait till next year and see what is introduced?????

boltz

My son and I started at around 2.5, we did a small polybag. A 2 year old won't be able to do much.

Yup, unless your nephew has amazing hand strength and dexterity, he's going to have trouble putting the pieces together. Duplo would a lot less frustrating at that age.

Thinking of getting a Lego set for my wife for Valentines Day. I'm thinking of either Trevi Fountain or the Birds set as she has casually mentioned that she liked both in our past visits to the Lego store. She only recently built her first set, Dr Who, and loved it. Which set do you guys think I should get her? Thanks!

teeny

Thinking of getting a Lego set for my wife for Valentines Day. I'm thinking of either Trevi Fountain or the Birds set as she has casually mentioned that she liked both in our past visits to the Lego store. She only recently built her first set, Dr Who, and loved it. Which set do you guys think I should get her? Thanks!

I cant speak for Trevi Fountain, but the Birds set is fantastic. I bought it for my cousin and she really enjoyed the build - it was her first set too.

mojiimbo

Trevi Fountain + a copy of La Dolce Vita.

Birds is on like 2nd round sale for $32 so I'm guessing it's discontinued or impossible to find now, but I'm not sure.

Ponn

Banned

That's a tough one, they are both nice looking sets. I prefer Birds though, its a fun set broke up into 3 fun builds so it may last longer. It also gets attention everytime anyone sees it. Birds is also going to be oop before Trevi fountain.

Speaking off OOP which set do you all think is going to go first. Slave one or Temple of Airjitsu?

ghostmind

So I have a shelf in my man cave that I have the following modular on:
1) Pet Shop
2) Grand Emporium
3) Detective Agency
4) Theater
5) Town Hall
6) Parisian Restaurant
7) Bank

I have enough space for one more modular.... so should I search for the Fire Brigade (GB headquarters is too big for the shelf) or just wait till next year and see what is introduced?????

I'm seeing prices for the Fire Brigade starting at around $340USD (plus shipping), so if you are ok with paying that premium, I would say "go for it" as the FB is a great modular (especially if you won't be getting the GB HQ).

Not sure about day 1 sets but all the other Lego dimension packs have instructions that you can find online.

Yeah, I found like every other set of instructions except for the ones that were released yesterday. I'm sure they'll be up soon I just expected Lego to be a little more on the ball, especially when releasing the Cyberman pack that's gonna sell a shit load to people weather or not they have the game.

Sweet I guessed right!! Thank you!

The instructions are in game, they'll appear online in some form soon enough.

Right, but due to fan outrage Lego started putting the instructions online as well for people who bought the Dimensions packs without owning the game. I just expected them to actually have them online when the set released to the public, cause as I said above that Cyberman/Dalek pack is gonna sell to people who will never ever purchase the game just to get the Cyberman Minifig.

Edit: For clarity(?) I own the game myself I just haven't started playing it yet. I want to Twitch Stream it but employees aren't allowed to so I have to wait till after I quit. ):

I cant speak for Trevi Fountain, but the Birds set is fantastic. I bought it for my cousin and she really enjoyed the build - it was her first set too.

Trevi Fountain + a copy of La Dolce Vita.

Birds is on like 2nd round sale for $32 so I'm guessing it's discontinued or impossible to find now, but I'm not sure.

That's a tough one, they are both nice looking sets. I prefer Birds though, its a fun set broke up into 3 fun builds so it may last longer. It also gets attention everytime anyone sees it. Birds is also going to be oop before Trevi fountain.

Speaking off OOP which set do you all think is going to go first. Slave one or Temple of Airjitsu?

Thanks for the input guys! I think I'll get her the birds set. It's sold out at s@h but Amazon and the other major retailers still have it.

Haha, I'm going to have to try to make the next Dimension builds from the picture.Seems more fun. I cheated on the Wicked Witch and Nya and the builds were just ok.

Doc Brown and Sensei Wu should be coming today. My Cyberman pre-order from amazon hasn't shipped yet.

With new Lego, all bets are off. That said, i am fairly sure Slave I was there before Airjitsu so....

I'm seeing prices for the Fire Brigade starting at around $340USD (plus shipping), so if you are ok with paying that premium, I would say "go for it" as the FB is a great modular (especially if you won't be getting the GB HQ).

There really is no reason getting it over GB HQ. Even if you can't fit it in your city, there's so many useful parts for building your own FB style modular on a regular baseplate.

8bit

Knows the Score
Yeah, I found like every other set of instructions except for the ones that were released yesterday. I'm sure they'll be up soon I just expected Lego to be a little more on the ball, especially when releasing the Cyberman pack that's gonna sell a shit load to people weather or not they have the game.

Right, but due to fan outrage Lego started putting the instructions online as well for people who bought the Dimensions packs without owning the game. I just expected them to actually have them online when the set released to the public, cause as I said above that Cyberman/Dalek pack is gonna sell to people who will never ever purchase the game just to get the Cyberman Minifig.

Edit: For clarity(?) I own the game myself I just haven't started playing it yet. I want to Twitch Stream it but employees aren't allowed to so I have to wait till after I quit. ):

Ah, gotcha. Is it officially out yet though? I thought it was Friday?

--

edit,

FWIW, I really liked Trevi Fountain but I'm quite fond of the architecture sets.

Ah, gotcha. Is it officially out yet though? I thought it was Friday?

Nope, as far as I've been aware it was the 19th. Pretty sure Best Buy has them as well, dunno about TRU/Target yet and I haven't been to work this week so I'm not sure if Lego Stores have them in (or if they ever will, since the way we carry Dimensions sets is super contrived).

Edit: Looking around online, Target and Lego have them as available now, so it was definitely a Tuesday release and not Amazon jumping the gun. TRU doesn't have a listing yet but I imagine they're in stores.

Rootbeer

Banned
"We have decided to pursue other digital experiences."

That is a very vague statement.

It is, but hopefully it's something that can in some way fill the shoes of LDD. To some extent, LEGO Worlds has its toes dipped into that swimming pool. Time to dive in completely, I hope. It's a more interactive way to accomplish similar feats, if they would develop its features a bit further.

Ponn

Banned
Haven't heard anything about these yet, or just missed the information but I see 3 new lego encyclopedia's for preorder on amazon.

The Lego DC fig encyclopedia says it will include an exclusive fig in the description.

The Star Wars and Ninjago also says they will have an exclusive fig and those have a june 7th release date.

ghostmind

Welp I'm sure a lot of you already heard :(

Ep VIII delayed by 7 months.

This will really change the LEGO SW lineup in the coming 18 months.

Totally ok with this, as the 6 month gap between Rogue One and SW8 was going to be brutal from a merchandise perspective (not to mention rushing the movie out too quickly), but it will be interesting given the lead time LEGO needs to create and manufacture sets. Hopefully this will translate to more time (and sets) focussed on Rogue One and SW7, before the SW8 sets arrive on "Force Friday" in September 2017.

Also, the next PotC movie has been moved into SW8's May 26th, 2017 date (the original PotC date was July 7, 2017), so if there are associated LEGO sets, those will push up several months as well.

Haven't heard anything about these yet, or just missed the information but I see 3 new lego encyclopedia's for preorder on amazon.

The Lego DC fig encyclopedia says it will include an exclusive fig in the description.

The Star Wars and Ninjago also says they will have an exclusive fig and those have a june 7th release date.

Another Batman variant! Super Hero exclusive definitely has my interest.

A variant I would actually be really excited for. Now watch it become a SDCC exclusive.

I would rather see this in a set with classic Batman tv series goons, and i'm expecting all of the '66 Batman stuff to stay in sets. I'm sure Lego see's this as an AFOL line.

Please don't say such things, they may consider it and then I would be sad

peely

Neo Member
Finally got around to seeing the new Star Wars film. Now I want all the ships (except the Falcon, got the old one). Can really see how the Lego model of Ren's ship doesn't match up to the movie though :(

Kicking myself for missing out on Red 5 before it was retired :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom