• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT5| DARKNESS! NO MONEY! (or Break the Rules! Mix the Bags!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buccaneer Batman is the rumor.

Now that you mention it, I recall it was discussed previously.
Based on some comic photos I've seen, I'm not too interested in the minifig. We'll see if LEGO surprises me with cool printing.

If based on the simple comic book costume, it would be simple to make a buccaneer Batman like this (even better if used newer boot legs):

SRC: http://minifigpriceguide.com/wordpr...c-comics-super-heroes-character-encyclopedia/
Lego-Buccaneer-Batman-Minifigure-Rumored-for-2016-in-DC-Comics-Super-Heroes-Character-Encyclopedia-1-Copy.jpg

Wait, you can't Twitch stream in general, or just Lego Dimensions? As an employee of what?

Oh, sorry, lemme clarify. I work at a Lego store, and Lego has very strict rules about what their employees can and can't do with their products. For example, we get a massive discount on sets, so while we're employed, we're not allowed to sell anything we buy.

Another one is that we are not allowed to review Lego sets. Videos or text. And especially not allowed to make money off reviews. I don't.. know if what I post here counts as reviews, I don't really say anything here that I wouldn't to a customer at work so I think I'm ok.

For the video games, apparently we are allowed to do streaming and Let's Play type walkthroughs, but we're not allowed to make any money off of them at all. I want to, though, so I'm just waiting until I don't work there anymore before digging into Dimensions and streaming it. I mean who knows if I will wind up making money off them, but I want to have that option.

I may have asked already but forget because of a range of IRL experiences. Are LEGO employees really not allowed to help customers feel up CMF bags?

I may have asked already but forget because of a range of IRL experiences. Are LEGO employees really not allowed to help customers feel up CMF bags?

At my Lego Store, they had sorted out which minifigure was what. Granted that was sometime ago and I doubt they do it anymore but they did do that once upon a time.

So...is the Parisian Restaurant actually supposed to be a building in the middle of others and NOT a corner then? After just finishing the PC which made my second corner, i now want to build an in between type building to expand my modular street but... that stairwell on the side would look odd squished in between 2 buildings wouldn't it? (not enough light to properly see etc.)

How could they possibly verify an employee buying a set on discount and selling for more on eBay?

I don't know but employees do it anyway and we've gotten in a lot of shit for it. We actually got banned by our regional manager from buying any new sets until 30 days after release because so many employees were trying to cheat the system. Luckily corporate stepped in and abolished that bullshit but the have some way of finding out.

We used to be able to help people, and sometimes we still do but if anyone important sees us doing it we get in trouble because it's too much of a time drain to have an employee stand there feelings bags for customers when they could be doing any number of other things in the store.

Also, someone was asking about the PAB cups, the rule at our store at least is that as long as the lid touches the rim of the cup, we tape it down and you're good to go.

Osahi

So...is the Parisian Restaurant actually supposed to be a building in the middle of others and NOT a corner then? After just finishing the PC which made my second corner, i now want to build an in between type building to expand my modular street but... that stairwell on the side would look odd squished in between 2 buildings wouldn't it? (not enough light to properly see etc.)

It is supposed to be a middle building, but I also find the stair looking odd when a building is attached to it, so I have mine just on the right end of my street. I only have one corner at the moment (Palace Cinema), and when I buy the bank I'll probably place that one in front of it and simulate a street between them. Will probably split my street up so I don't have the bank standing all by itself.

teeny

I really want an official slightly-older Obi-Wan minifig from the latest comic book:

326271._TTD_QL80_SX400_.jpg

Shouldn't be too hard to mock one up, though. I love the cloak/cape, goggles and gaderffii. I hope we get some more journals of Obi-Wan in the comics, too :)

teeny

I've only just started watching the X-Files so I had no clue, but checking Google Images, you've nailed the likeness :p

Is that sugar skull shirt a custom print?

The back two guys are uncannily good (sorry cant remember any of their character names) the front guy I just cant help but see as larry david for some reason.

ghostmind

With the news that Tom Cruise has signed on to star (and oversee) the Mummy reboot, which is part of the new Universal Monsters Cinematic Universe, I am hoping that we see an ongoing LEGO licensed theme for all these movies.

Monster Fighters x Indiana Jones = shut up and take my money!

With the news that Tom Cruise has signed on to star (and oversee) the Mummy reboot, which is part of the new Universal Monsters Cinematic Universe, I am hoping that we see an ongoing LEGO licensed theme for all these movies.

I guess it'll depend on the tone they try to set with their UMCU (funny, light, serious, dark, scary, etc) but that would be FANTASTIC. I can't imagine them being more than PG-13 though and Jurassic World got Lego sets so here's hoping!! Man that would be so amazing. Entire themes devoted to the classic monsters instead of just single sets. I looooove the Adventure theme and really want it to make a comeback since I missed so much of it. ):

Wanderer5

I would totally check out sets based on the Wolfman movie.:p Sets based on the Mummy reboot would be sweet for some more Egyptian goodness.

Ponn

Banned

Sounds like what Monster Fighters was, so I wouldn't be opposed to that. Really really hope they revisit the theme. Crossing my fingers for a NYTF surprise reveal. A full on Ghost Ship would be so awesome.

So I decided to keep my Millennium Falcon but returned the Final Flight of Destinys Bounty to fund my Batcave purchase. I need to stick to my resolution of cutting back on non-essential and non-display set purchases. I know the Batcave currently is not getting alot of love but there is something about that is hitting my buttons and I think it will get more love once its out there. It's disjointed yea but I see how it can come together in a display and look really good with a variety of Bat-vehicles displayed around it. Plus the figs are just great and I like the classic viginette scenes they worked in.

wetwired

lol, that's why I wanted people to try and guess to see if there was any issues with recognizing them. It's one thing for me to try and get a likeness, it's another entirely for someone to recognize it of their own volition. My wife thought it was a guy though and she doesn't watch the X-files

Frohike (the short one) is tough, his hair should be slicked back closer to his head but I can't find any closer matches in dark grey. I would like to try the dr who ones but it's light grey and not available in bulk.

They've revisited the Agents, Adventure, Dino, and Space themes multiple times, and I know that Monster/Halloween stuff is one of the most requested themes on the Inside Ideas page, so Monster Fighters Revisited would be so welcome. Apparently Lego has focus tested doing yearly Halloween sets like the Christmas one, or another monster theme, and "nobody wants them" but the outcry of "bullshit" from every US Lego retailer says otherwise. I really, really hope they do it again some day. Shit like Chima gets ~25 sets and Monster Fighters got 9 and didn't even make it a full year.

Ponn

Banned
They've revisited the Agents, Adventure, Dino, and Space themes multiple times, and I know that Monster/Halloween stuff is one of the most requested themes on the Inside Ideas page, so Monster Fighters Revisited would be so welcome. Apparently Lego has focus tested doing yearly Halloween sets like the Christmas one, or another monster theme, and "nobody wants them" but the outcry of "bullshit" from every US Lego retailer says otherwise. I really, really hope they do it again some day. Shit like Chima gets ~25 sets and Monster Fighters got 9 and didn't even make it a full year.

Yeaaa...I call bigtime bullshit on that as well. The only thing I could think of them going off would be how well Monster Fighters sold and I didn't think it did that bad. Plus the halloween CMF's were selling like gangbusters.

Yeaaa...I call bigtime bullshit on that as well. The only thing I could think of them going off would be how well Monster Fighters sold and I didn't think it did that bad. Plus the halloween CMF's were selling like gangbusters.

Halloween/Monster stuff is one of the top requested themes on Inside Ideas, if not THE most requested. Monsters and Halloween might just be a bigger deal in America than Europe, since Lego's whole idea for sets is reportedly "Will a 7-year old German kid buy/build/play with this" but the idea that nobody wants it is ridiculous. I don't think a 7 year old German kid is begging his parents to buy Big Bang Theory or a $350 Helicarrier or a $170 bank. It's easily one of the most requested things from customers in my store, second only to Harry Potter which is another fantastical magical ghosts/witches/monsters theme.

ghostmind

Halloween/Monster stuff is one of the top requested themes on Inside Ideas, if not THE most requested. Monsters and Halloween might just be a bigger deal in America than Europe, since Lego's whole idea for sets is reportedly "Will a 7-year old German kid buy/build/play with this" but the idea that nobody wants it is ridiculous. I don't think a 7 year old German kid is begging his parents to buy Big Bang Theory or a $350 Helicarrier or a $170 bank. It's easily one of the most requested things from customers in my store, second only to Harry Potter which is another fantastical magical ghosts/witches/monsters theme.

And hopefully we will be getting at least 6 years of Harry Potter-esque sets starting later this year, with "Fantastic Beasts".

Rootbeer

Banned
And hopefully we will be getting at least 6 years of Harry Potter-esque sets starting later this year, with "Fantastic Beasts".

Super excited to not only see Fantastic Beasts sets but a refresh of Harry Potter, which we are in dire need for! It is a theme that is deeply beloved by many, and it really deserves a second life in LEGO form.

Thinking about Beasts and Potter both potentially coming to LEGO Dimensions has me really excited for the future of that game, too.

3N16MA

Banned

I'm not buying that people don't want a Monster/Halloween based series.

Now give me HH 2.0

Rootbeer

Banned

Now give me HH 2.0

I want another D2C Halloween set but it needs to be significantly different from the HH. Please give us something complementary, not something that more or less 'replaces' it. I hope LEGO took some lessons from the Toy Shop debacle. I'm sure it has been selling within reason but the backlash can't be written off completely.

I want another D2C Halloween set but it needs to be significantly different from the HH. Please give us something complementary, not something that more or less 'replaces' it. I hope LEGO took some lessons from the Toy Shop debacle. I'm sure it has been selling within reason but the backlash can't be written off completely.

Was there a lot of backlash? The only people I think would be upset are those that paid very high aftermarket prices or were trying to sell it for a high price. A lot of people would love for a UCS Millenium Falcon replacement/reissue. They do it all the time in Star Wars theme. If you meant people wanted a new set instead of a rehash for last year, I can understand that too. The fact it was a rehash asks the question of what LEGO plans to do with the Christmas seasonal set line in the future. Are they done for now?

Anyway, back HH. How about...

- Haunted Toy Shop j/k
- Haunted Trails/Forest
- Abandoned Building
- Abandoned Amusement Park
- Haunted Ship
- Graveyard (not sure how they would make it interesting)

3N16MA

Banned

I'm being selfish since I missed HH. However I would take a complementary building with open arms.

I would love to see a Flying Dutchman.

Super excited to not only see Fantastic Beasts sets but a refresh of Harry Potter, which we are in dire need for! It is a theme that is deeply beloved by many, and it really deserves a second life in LEGO form.

Thinking about Beasts and Potter both potentially coming to LEGO Dimensions has me really excited for the future of that game, too.

That leaked list of Dimensions Wave 5+ sets had "HP" and "FB" in them, and a lot of us think that's Harry Potter and Fantastic Beasts. Can't wait to hear more about where they're going with the next wave of updates/sets/whatever they're doing for Dimensions. I'm hoping for a Level Pack that has Harry in it with a brick built Hippogrif and special Thunderbotl 2000 piece, and then a Team Pack with Ron, Hermione, brick-built flying car and, what, I dunno what kind of power up. Snitch?

Now give me HH 2.0
I agree it's a load of shit.

We really want a haunted farm. And honestly with the way the Haunted House looks, it could totally be a spooky old farm house so they'd go together pretty well.

The barn, a silo, and a windmill. Skeleton horses, spooky scarecrow minifig, zombie farmers and pigs, a group of kids and a broken down bus.

So heard there is a simple mod for the Kylo Ren shuttle to make the wings fold more accurately. Anyone can guide me to a good source for this info?

I missed haunted house and would be thrilled at having a completely identical reissue. I kind of hope that toy shop sold well enough to start a trend. Yes I recognize i'm being kind of selfish here. haha.

However, honestly, they've got my soul in a vice-grip with anything remotely halloween-ish that they make.

Just_one

Brought the clash of super heroes Set yesterday and I gotta say the armoured batman minifigure is absolutly beautiful!!!

Probably will sell The other Superman minifigure since I already have one superman and they arent that different (its The one from The battle of metropolis that comes with zod)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom