• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT5| DARKNESS! NO MONEY! (or Break the Rules! Mix the Bags!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

3N16MA

Banned
2016 DC minifigs:

Captain Boomerang
Killer Croc
Katana
Harley
Deadshot

Now we just need Enchantress, Rick Flag, Slipknot, and El Diablo.

Might be as close as we get to a full SS lineup.

Disappointing to hear not much innovation from the Bionicle winter wave. Also surprised to hear they're simplifying the story when it's already very simple... Hell, probably more simple than it is for Nexo Knights.

Yeah I'm a little worried for Bionicle. The story might not be simplified but better explained this time around (or at least I'm hoping so)

Osahi

According to the Brickset story, it also includes a mock up of the Scavenger village.

Yes! I will need this set.

Awww shit son, exactly what I was hoping for. What will that translate to in USD, will it be a direct conversion do you think? So a $69-ish set?

Affraid so. Could be 79,99 over here in Belgium, which gets really steep prices lately (brick bank is 20 euro more expensive then just over the border in germany)

ghostmind

Star Wars USD Estimates

75145 Eclipse Fighter $40
75147 Star Scavenger $60
75148 Encounter on Jakku $60
75149 Resistance X-Wing Fighter $90
75150 TIE Advanced & A-Wing Fighter $90
75151 Clone Turbo Tank $120
75152 Captain Rex's AT-TE Walker $120

I have a few things sitting in the S@H cart. Currently I will get the Olaf polybag which I really don't need. Does anyone know if the Euro shop might have something more interesting in February or should I just go for it?

Also, if I use VIP points to bring the total cost below the free shipping limit, do I still get free shipping?

Wanderer5

Still wish Vader's TIE was separate for a possible cheaper price *grumble grumble* but I continue to keep the set in mind. Jakku sounds pretty nice too.

Looking forward to the lighthouse till then, which I guessing chances of it being shown at the Nuremberg Fair is good?

Still wish Vader's TIE was separate for a possible cheaper price *grumble grumble* but I continue to keep the set in mind. Jakku sounds pretty nice too.

Looking forward to the lighthouse till then, which I guessing chances of it being shown at the Nuremberg Fair is good?

This set should also be the second chance to get the new design of Vader, which was only available in a more expensive set.

ghostmind

Update on 60134 Fun in the Park:

60134 City Fun in the Park £34.99 - *I think*

I had spotted the title of this set in the Brickset database but couldn't see it on display when I got to the City section (I had gotten left behind the boys a bit as all the "girly" stuff was at the beginning of our tour!) so I asked and it was tucked away on a shelf.

The lady I spoke to said that LEGO get a lot of feedback from customers complaining that they have lots of vehicles and buildings in their Lego city but lack civilians and want to buy essentially a City minifigure pack. This set corresponds to this problem, though the lady said to me it's sometimes tricky to do a set like this because the set will come in a relatively small box for the price point. My feeling is that this will be a big seller though.

It includes an Alsatian dog and 14 minifigures - some adults, some kids. None were actually on display but the display card showed a grandma and grandpa in lovely knitted jumpers, kids with some new torso designs (one with the yellow sleepy head hair, one with the bob hair new in tan), a female handyman in paint splattered blue dungarees. In addition there is a brick built pushchair (stroller) to accommodate the brand new baby fig - not the baby in papoose seen with the tribal woman but a figure that's roughly the height of minifig legs and one stud wide, with little arms and head. It looked very cute on the illustration :)

The other brilliant new piece is a wheelchair mould - a prototype piece was on display -, a seat area with rear handles, to which wheels are attached. It's long overdue, but I think it'll be worth the wait.
There are a number of little builds of things you'd expect to see in or around a park - picnic table, bench, bus stop, a little football goal (slatted windscreen piece with a tile across the top), a hot dog cart (again reusing that new bun part!)

All in all, my favourite set among the City theme but then I do love my minifigures!

Tom_Cody

Star Wars USD Estimates

75145 Eclipse Fighter $40
75147 Star Scavenger $60
75148 Encounter on Jakku $60
75149 Resistance X-Wing Fighter $90
75150 TIE Advanced & A-Wing Fighter $90
75151 Clone Turbo Tank $120
75152 Captain Rex's AT-TE Walker $120
Any clue as to what the Eclipse Fighter and Star Scavenger are?

Also, Rex's AT-TE is obviously from Rebels, but would the Clone Turbo Tank be Rebels branded as well? I know about the AT-TE from Rebels clips, but I don't know if there is a Turbo Tank connection as well.

Toxi

Banned

Also, Rex's AT-TE is obviously from Rebels, but would the Clone Turbo Tank be Rebels branded as well? I know about the AT-TE from Rebels clips, but I don't know if there is a Turbo Tank connection as well.
Definitely not; there are lots of Clone Wars minifigures and Luminara Unduli is one of the minifigures and she's dead by the time of Rebels.

Hagi

The turbo tank comes with Luminara and Quinlan Vos so no way it's Rebels. I'm still on season 1 of Clone Wars but I'm guessing it's from that.

Toxi

Banned
DC Super Heroes report:

http://brickset.com/article/18856/london-toy-fair-report-dc-super-heroes

The sets sound pretty great, especially the minifigs!
Scarecrow has undergone a dramatic redesign since he last appeared in 10937 Arkham Asylum Breakout and now resembles the design seen in Batman: The Animated Series.
Pity it couldn't be the superior animated Scarecrow design.

pgBw5iV.png

Hagi

It's either Clone Wars (with regular faces) or Revenge of the Sith.

ah I forgot he was supposed to be in RotS, pretty sure his death scene was him getting blown up in a tank so that would be weird lol

need to see some pictures of 76055 Killer Croc’s Sewer Smash I was really hoping for something not vehicle based

Ponn

Banned
DC Super Heroes report:

http://brickset.com/article/18856/london-toy-fair-report-dc-super-heroes

The sets sound pretty great, especially the minifigs (Blue Beetle - though New52)!

I'm dying here from all the awesomeness overload. A Bat-Tank, Killer Moth, Katana, Captain Boomerang, Red Hood and Blue-fucking-Beetle!! I cannot believe we are getting a Blue Beetle fig. My only concern now is we will ever get a Booster Gold fig now. I appreciate Lego finally spreading out and doing this figs but i'm a completionist and I get a feeling Lego has no problems leaving people hanging with incomplete team sets like the lack of a Raven, Aqualad or Kid Flash fig for Teen Titans, nothing yet on a Saturn Girl and no Heat Wave, Mirror Master or Weather Wizard for the Rogues. I'll be patient, but it gives me anxiety not knowing if they will happen.

That Scarecrow Combine Harvester sounds alot like the Joker Steamroller. I was kinda hoping since it was a bigger set instead of vehicles we would get a like a farm with a barn build, some animals and like a bunch of corn stalks or something to be different.

EGmBNk2.jpg

What in the world is this? Brickset calls it a "Christmas Ornament", but it looks to possibly be one of the Christmas 2016 promo sets... already?

First off - this looks like a delightful set. The Christmas promo sets aren't traditionally numbered, are they? Something about the graphic seems a bit off. Would love it if it's a legit set though.

Maengun1

Those Creator Vacation Camper and Lighthouse sets sound AWESOME. Creator has been killing it lately.

Kind of disappointed no new licensed themes news to excite me.....outside of some Star Wars stuff I'm really not into any of the current licenses :(. I may be wrong, but didn't the news of the Scooby Doo line come out of nowhere around this time last year? Was hoping for another announcement along those lines.

Tom_Cody

Definitely not; there are lots of Clone Wars minifigures and Luminara Unduli is one of the minifigures and she's dead by the time of Rebels.

The turbo tank comes with Luminara and Quinlan Vos so no way it's Rebels. I'm still on season 1 of Clone Wars but I'm guessing it's from that.
Cool, thanks.

Where are you guys seeing the mini-figure listings?

boltz

The impressions of the new AT-TE and Turbo Tank don't sound very promising. Especially since the prices aren't getting any lower...

Depending on how well they execute the characters, I might get Belle's. Human Beast is meh but if the beast head looks proper it might be worth it.

White dragon sounds promising, as does the castle, although a Ninjago type colour scheme will be unexpected for Elves.

Minecraft castle should be the best parts pack in history. (Please note, sulking Castle fans, that we're getting four castles in 2016.)

Park set sounds neat, but I can't believe we'll get that many figures for that price.

ghostmind

Marvel Super Heroes impressions:

http://brickset.com/article/18857/london-toy-fair-report-marvel-super-heroes

Web Warriors Bridge Battle - "the best Super Heroes set ever made".

There still is some question of exactly who the other two Spider characters are, in addition to Spider-Man.

The villains in this wave are insanely good: Green Goblin, Hobgoblin, Doc Ock, Kraven the Hunter, Vulture and Scorpion.

Glad I held out on purchasing that Juniors set for the GG minifig!

There still is some question of exactly who the other two Spider characters are, in addition to Spider-Man.

The villains in this wave are insanely good: Green Goblin, Hobgoblin, Doc Ock, Kraven the Hunter, Vulture and Scorpion.

It does sound pretty awesome. I'm not really a Spidey fan, but this set sounds too good to pass up.

Ouch. If only I had room for it. Sounds like a great addition to a city. And the cab... here I was thinking that the Friends taxi was good enough as a vehicle for the Taxi Driver Ghost. This is almost suspiciously perfect.

Ponn

Banned

Dead. Ressurect me when all these super hero sets come out.

Ponn

Banned
Curious how they pull off scorpion. Its a great year for super hero sets. I bet they make a pretty penny for Lego!

Thats a tough one. Brick built back pack thats posable could be good if done right. A moulded piece like the cmf animal costumes would look the best but be static. Hopefully its nothing like the Rhino atrocity.

You're selling that Brickset report short.

Brickset said:
Earlier in this article I made one bold statement and I am about to make an even bolder one. Not only is this the best Marvel Super Heroes wave yet, nor is it simply the best Super Heroes wave of all time, I would go so far as to say that this is best selection of licensed sets ever released in a single wave, at least in my opinion. It is near faultless, offering a brilliant range of new minifigures alongside some wonderful models which are infinitely better than the typical Super Heroes fare.

High praise, indeed.

Wanderer5

Ha ha damn, pics can't come soon enough. Ghost Rider set sounds pretty cool even if his motocycle is apparently big for the minifigure.

Thats a tough one. Brick built back pack thats posable could be good if done right. A moulded piece like the cmf animal costumes would look the best but be static. Hopefully its nothing like the Rhino atrocity.

That teminds me that I need to pick that set up. It looks like this year Spidey's rogues gallery will be significantly fleshed out. I need to ensure Rhino and Sandman are in my collection!

Edit: I kind of like the brick built Rhino!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom