• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT5| DARKNESS! NO MONEY! (or Break the Rules! Mix the Bags!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wetwired

Shall we do the Amigos salute?

I've had 3 black custom sombreros for about 4 years wanting to make the three amigos. I guess now I don't need to bother. Now I just need some short black legs for Ned nederlander and to find some suitable heads for Steve Martin, Chevy chase and Martin short

So does Double VIP go live tonight? I'm itching to place what is probably the most expensive Lego order in my life, Detective's Office and Slave 1.

ghostmind

pTA2u20.jpg

Ponn

Banned
I've had 3 black custom sombreros for about 4 years wanting to make the three amigos. I guess now I don't need to bother. Now I just need some short black legs for Ned nederlander and to find some suitable heads for Steve Martin, Chevy chase and Martin short

Finding an invisible swordsman fig is going to be incredibly difficult.

iosefe

Bane mighty micro, bro

TheFuzz

So does Double VIP go live tonight? I'm itching to place what is probably the most expensive Lego order in my life, Detective's Office and Slave 1.
I feel you.... Mine will be GB HQ, the wedding set for my soon-to-be-engaged brother and some kind of Duplo set for my daughters birthday. It's going to be the biggest of my life as well.

willp2003

No sign of double vip on the uk site, so I'll go to bed, and re-think my order. Still not sure I really want the sand crawler. Think I'll go for TIE instead.
Edit. Typically it's live now I've just said that. TIE ordered.

We got our first Mighty Micros today, my boy couldn't decide which he wanted but went for Bane and Robin as we don't have a Bane figure.

Got to say I really like the minifigures and we have plenty of black legs if we want to make him full size.

Fun little sets will definitely pick up flash and captain Cold and the red skull one

I got Spider-Man and Green Goblin one (eventually will get them all). I think Mighty Micros theme is great and will appeal to a lot of kids. Good price point for impulse buy, 2 minifigs, and nice play factor with 2 vehicles. Great value.

I understand lack of appeal to some AFOLs due to the kiddy prints. To me that is what makes them cool. Those little kiddy versions can easily pass for kids in costumes to go with the ever growing Halloween costume kids. I would love for them to have a 2nd wave of those Mighty Micros.

Got to say I really like the minifigures and we have plenty of black legs if we want to make him full size.

I got Spider-Man and Green Goblin one (eventually will get them all). I think Mighty Micros theme is great and will appeal to a lot of kids. Good price point for impulse buy, 2 minifigs, and nice play factor with 2 vehicles. Great value.

I understand lack of appeal to some AFOLs due to the kiddy prints. To me that is what makes them cool. Those little kiddy versions can easily pass for kids in costumes to go with the ever growing Halloween costume kids. I would love for them to have a 2nd wave of those Mighty Micros.

I agree with both of you. The prints are wonderful; I hadn't realized that the torsos are also unique prints. I love all of the expression and the little legs don't bother me that much. I also got the Spidey set to start, but I'll definitely be picking up the others.

Good lord the number of duplicates I'm gonna want from CMF Series 17 is gonna be insane. Three mariachis, possibly 4 so I can have one normal one and then three for the Three Amigos. Gonna want a tribe of the Wolf Assassins, at least two Penguins and Bananas, and then a ton of Babysitters to stock up on babies since the only other way to get one will be in a $35 set.

And that's not even all of them, yeesh!

I didn't like Series 15 much but 17 seems to have more minifigs that interest me, especially that assassin, I gotta have him, he has an awesome print.

No sign of double vip on the uk site, so I'll go to bed, and re-think my order. Still not sure I really want the sand crawler. Think I'll go for TIE instead.
Edit. Typically it's live now I've just said that. TIE ordered.

I'm not seeing Double VIP, they must have taken it back down!

I haven't bought a single minifigure before but I'm definitely getting a handful of babysitters, a banana guy (for any possible Arrested Development MOC, obvs) and probably a penguin for the other half.

kr2t0s

picked up Clays's Rumble Blade from the Nexo Knights line.

What a great toy! For only $40 - there is a ton of bang doe the buck. A handful of mini figures plus one of the cooler vehicles I've seen from Lego.

I really like the how you attach the 2 side motorcycles plus the lever to detach them.

I know at first a lot of people were against Nexo Knights (myself included) - until kings mech showed up. But I gotta say I like this one even better.

Why yes, double VIP is indeed up in the US!

LegoOrder.PNG

This will be fun :3

Had considered Ghostbusters HQ for a bit, but the fact is I never really even saw the movies and so aren't a fan. While the building looks interesting, as a non-fan I'd rather get a good modular and UCS for the same price.

Ordered Ghostbusters Firehouse HQ. I am looking forward to it, even if I know in the end it will be a glorified parts pack for me. But, that is a ton of useful stuff at less than $.10 a brick, so it is a good deal.

I will probably order Brick Bank before double VIP is done as well.

Maengun1

Just ordered a Parisian Restaurant for myself, which means that I have bought 4 modulars in 4 months. Whew. Will probably wait a fair bit before picking up the bank now, this thread always stokes my fears of surprise retirements on the older sets.

Good news is it's been so long since I cashed out my VIP points (and I've been doing a pretty good job limiting big purchases to double point periods) that I'll be able to pick up a Ferris Wheel for $140 sometime in the near future :)

Just ordered a Parisian Restaurant for myself, which means that I have bought 4 modulars in 4 months. Whew. Will probably wait a fair bit before picking up the bank now, this thread always stokes my fears of surprise retirements on the older sets.

Good news is it's been so long since I cashed out my VIP points (and I've been doing a pretty good job limiting big purchases to double point periods) that I'll be able to pick up a Ferris Wheel for $140 sometime in the near future :)

You have time on the Brick Bank.

Meanwhile, I wait about two minutes and placed an order for it. I will admit, I just wanted a second mini dragon.

Why is everyone calling it S17? Isn't it supposed to be 16?

Also: Still no double VIP on EU site hmm.. anyone know whether it's US only this time or what?

willp2003

Also: Still no double VIP on EU site hmm.. anyone know whether it's US only this time or what?

Try adding something to your basket and see what it says. It wasn't advertised on the uk site last night, but it worked by adding something.

Rootbeer

Banned
Upcoming minifigs looking amazing... Gah, I can't believe how early some of this stuff is leaking lately. I love it though.

now to make some very hard choices about what to order for Double VIP... i actually haven't given it much thought... argh

Koren

It was up at 0:01 AM, according to my order status (I haven't check when I placed it). Pretty sure it's only a display issue, and even in the case you don't get double VIP when you order, you probably can redeem the point with customer service later.

Interesting, Slave I is showing out of stock until March 20th now. My order says it's in warehouse though, so guess I wasn't the only one fearing this set may be on its way out but was lucky enough to order before the others.

wetwired

I spent about 2 hours trawling bricks and pieces. Ended up with a cart sitting at $230. Spent more time cutting it back to $100. Confirmed the order, get redirected to the cart, nothing FfffffffffUuuuuuju.

Redid it with a small $20 order and just threw in the batcave to get me over the free postage limit :p

I was tempted to get the brick bank or a second fire house but I will wait hopefully for the Mr freeze poly bag

TheFuzz

Anyone else unable to complete their order on Lego shop? Tried two different devices and browsers and it doesn't give me anywhere to enter credit card info now?

Anyone else unable to complete their order on Lego shop? Tried two different devices and browsers and it doesn't give me anywhere to enter credit card info now?

The LEGO store is bad enough as it is, but under the strain of the first day of double VIP the above is pretty standard behaviour.

I spent about 2 hours trawling bricks and pieces. Ended up with a cart sitting at $230. Spent more time cutting it back to $100. Confirmed the order, get redirected to the cart, nothing FfffffffffUuuuuuju.

Redid it with a small $20 order and just threw in the batcave to get me over the free postage limit :p

I was tempted to get the brick bank or a second fire house but I will wait hopefully for the Mr freeze poly bag

Ha ha threw in the batcave - I love how casual that is.

Really tempted to get a modular, never gone down that road and it would be dismantled (by my 4 year old - or should I say reimagined) in no time but I want to do one just for the build. I actually thought they were more expensive than they are you know.

local department store has always had a decent lego selection, but they seem to be stepping it up a gear..

uvvj9nf.jpg

Not looking good for the Parisian Restaurant!

I still haven't seen a Brick Bank in the wild. Is that LEGO exclusive in the UK? Are all the modulars LEGO exclusive for a while after launch or is this a new thing? I've been expecting it to pop up in John Lewis or Bentall's but nothing.

(Not that I need one, just ordered it double VIP, just curious.)

I cant play 'Double VIP' because im moving house :(

Someone be nice and buy me Brick Bank. Eternal gratitude and all that.

Next double VIP will most likely be in Oct. Plenty of time to pick it up then and avoid shipping costs if someone got it for you which will more than negate the extra 5% VIP points. Shipping costs would most likely negate all VIP points and then some.

Patience and savings will be yours or you will miss out on the set completely.
Just kidding. Brick Bank will be around for 1 year at least and most likely 2+ years.

Had a thought on the imp costumed kid. I wonder if LEGO could have made the hat part with holes and use the existing horn pieces. Maybe size would be off or they thought it would not be a good experience having them fall off or hard to put on. LEGO focuses on reusability with new elements. Just random thinking since I would have liked to put red horns in instead or any number of items that fit.

Regarding Snow Queen, she would make for a nice Killer Frost. Just need a Firestorm minifig to go with it.

I'll have to check but I might have an extra of her. I'll let you know if I can find it!
Cool, thanks, if you can find it let me know what you would want for it.

I see it seems to be starting at around $12 after shipping on amazon, and bricklink seems to be around the same or more, plus people are listing the fig separately from the teddy. I'm not sure I'm ready to pay that much for one fig.

Most I've paid so far was $6.66 for the plant guy in S14, mostly cuz I'd spent over an hour searching through 5 boxes at the LEGO store for all the others and just couldn't bring myself to go back just for him. He was supposed to be the easy one to find too but my fingers were fried after all that feeling.

Oh i dunno, I was just repeating what others here were calling it. I see it says S16 on the picture of the bag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom