• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let It Die |OT| F2P roguelike Dark Souls with a skateboarding skeleton

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Kinda getting tired of getting killed and spending too much money to revive.....

Floor 19/20 cost 41k, 45k and so on.....

One answer - git gud. ;)

Real talk: what's killing you?

Also, remember that you don't have to salvage your fighter. If all you're worried about is the level and gear you're wearing, you may be better off following the advice of the title: Let It Die.

Ricker

Gender has nothing to do with it, fyi. There's some randomness involved where characters can have an extra one or few to some of their stat maxes.

Ah ok,thought it was the gender,I made 2 Females and they maxed at 25,then the guy I made went to 26 so I assumed...you know what they say about assuming lol ;)

YoungOne

What is the best weapon to tackle florr 23+ with? I upgrade my machete, but the next tier need materials from I assume floor 30+.

Frimaire

What is the best weapon to tackle florr 23+ with? I upgrade my machete, but the next tier need materials from I assume floor 30+.

I mostly use ranged weapons on the 20s, because the only ranged weapons screamers use seem to be the occasional robber crossbow.
2nd tier nail gun seems to do really well, along with the sniper rifle if can get in a good position.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I mostly use ranged weapons on the 20s, because the only ranged weapons screamers use seem to be the occasional robber crossbow.
2nd tier nail gun seems to do really well, along with the sniper rifle if can get in a good position.

I've been curious about leveling a Shooter. I have the snails to max him right away, but I'm wondering if it's worth it.

So I just kind of found out about the hunger mechanic. Is there any in game way to tell if you're hungry, or do you just kind of have to guess?

Baliis

If you can get the mats for it, the saber is super good and will get you to 30+ easy. You'll have to farm the chest on Kawabe to get the MILK black metal for the R&D though. The l/r1 attack is a little jump back then lunge forward attack that you can pretty much let any melee screamer walk up to you and start their attack and hit it to dodge and counter attack. It leaves then stunned for a second as well so you can follow up with a normal combo immediately. You should be able to take out all the bosses fine with a stingshroom and slowshroom too.

Whats a decent weapon to plough through level 13 onwards? Should I start investing in guns?

I like to carry at least one gun with me, usually the baseball shooter right now, just to pull things or for shooting certain animals for shrooms.

I want to start a shooter, but I only have completed blueprints for the firework gun and the crossbow. Both do pretty garbage damage. I have one for the glinty handgun but can't find blue wolf metal (I think that's what it is) anywhere or half the other materials yet.

That's a really good idea. I've only found that mushroom on one floor. Don't remember which.

Ukongaoka has had the highest drop rate for me by far. I'd say I get between 1-3 every other time I send two fighters on an hour expedition. Maka-Tsutsumi also gives me good chances, but never as much. Try it out..it certainly can't hurt. Good luck and happy hunting!

People grossly underutilize the expedition system. I am swimming in golden snails, invis shrooms, pillbugs, and other useful goodies. Just started getting lizards which give you infinite ammo shrooms. Even level 1 guys with no equipment are better than nothing for expeditions.

Absolute truth. Better than just having them sit in the freezer doing fuck all..got about 20 golden snails (thanks, Diz) just from sending all my characters out for a couple of hours, while I grabbed the other 30 farming. If I had known about it earlier..shiiit lol.

audio_delay

Neo Member
>_< got to floor 31, ran around the corner, and got stuck in a small gap in the ground :/ . Basically now I have to pay 150000 killcoins to get my fighter back. Usually i couldn't care, but she has some black metal that got dropped by floor 30 boss, plus I wasn't able to activate the lift !
So yeah, bugs in this game can be costly.

video of me getting stuck

Ricker

>_< got to floor 31, ran around the corner, and got stuck in a small gap in the ground :/ . Basically now I have to pay 150000 killcoins to get my fighter back. Usually i couldn't care, but she has some black metal that got dropped by floor 30 boss, plus I wasn't able to activate the lift !
So yeah, bugs in this game can be costly.

video of me getting stuck

Man that sucks...nice hairdo though ;)

YoungOne

If you can get the mats for it, the saber is super good and will get you to 30+ easy. You'll have to farm the chest on Kawabe to get the MILK black metal for the R&D though. The l/r1 attack is a little jump back then lunge forward attack that you can pretty much let any melee screamer walk up to you and start their attack and hit it to dodge and counter attack. It leaves then stunned for a second as well so you can follow up with a normal combo immediately. You should be able to take out all the bosses fine with a stingshroom and slowshroom too.

I like to carry at least one gun with me, usually the baseball shooter right now, just to pull things or for shooting certain animals for shrooms.

Is that the electric element one? Then I have the blueprint and a black metal to make it.

Baliis

Is that the electric element one? Then I have the blueprint and a black metal to make it.

The electric saber yea, that's what I've been using all the way up to about 32 though it's starting to fall off now only being +1 and I'm getting weapons from 30+ now.

Great for raiding too as I said about the l/r1 attack, you just let any defenders walk towards you and hit it when they attack to dodge and counter. Almost always a one shot unless they're a fully geared out rank 4, but even then you just follow up with normal attacks to kill them.

With a rank 4 striker though you'll need a dex reducing decal which is kinda a pain but was worth it imo. I usually ran bloodsucker, dex reduce, the dual wield one, and like crit or whatever else I felt like.

Syysch

So I just kind of found out about the hunger mechanic. Is there any in game way to tell if you're hungry, or do you just kind of have to guess?

There's a stomach growl that I've heard a grand total of 1 time so far. I just watch how fast my stamina changes color, if it's abnormally quick i eat the first beast i run across.

I want to start a shooter, but I only have completed blueprints for the firework gun and the crossbow. Both do pretty garbage damage. I have one for the glinty handgun but can't find blue wolf metal (I think that's what it is) anywhere or half the other materials yet.

It's hard to assess how much damage the weapon will do on a shooter without using it on them. They get a pretty sizeable dex growth which will bump up damage a lot compared to other classes, except maybe the attacker? The str/dex one, i never use them so dunno their growth. The assault rifles i had would take 4-5 shots to kill on a shooter and 15-30 on other classes. I stopped using guns in the 20s though, i felt like some of the melee options that opened up around there were better.

Ever since Max Sharp I can barely take two combos from enemies anymore, even with a Lvl. 50. Machetes in particular are devastating. I think I should finally start paying attention to what the gear does, but my shop isn't exactly packed with options yet.
So far I also don't really understand anything that comes up about these equipment brandings.

Baliis

Ever since Max Sharp I can barely take two combos from enemies anymore, even with a Lvl. 50. Machetes in particular are devastating. I think I should finally start paying attention to what the gear does, but my shop isn't exactly packed with options yet.
So far I also don't really understand anything that comes up about these equipment brandings.

Keeping your armor up to date is important, but right when you go to a new tier it can be a little rough. Defense on armor jumps like crazy when you go up a tier so until you're fully decked out in appropriate gear it can be tough going.

Ukongaoka has had the highest drop rate for me by far. I'd say I get between 1-3 every other time I send two fighters on an hour expedition. Maka-Tsutsumi also gives me good chances, but never as much. Try it out..it certainly can't hurt. Good luck and happy hunting!

Absolute truth. Better than just having them sit in the freezer doing fuck all..got about 20 golden snails (thanks, Diz) just from sending all my characters out for a couple of hours, while I grabbed the other 30 farming. If I had known about it earlier..shiiit lol.
Hell where do I find golden snails?? I have to do this.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

The thing to remember at each tier is that you need to approach things like when you started the game. Yes, you've got more skill now, but you should take each encounter very carefully. Use the gear that your enemies drop. Keep swapping stuff and don't rely on one thing too much. There's a reason everyone suggests raising multiple masteries (fists being one of the most important).

Hell where do I find golden snails?? I have to do this.

OKUSA, F13. When it rotates in, you can be sure that someone here or on Reddit will post about it.

The thing to remember at each tier is that you need to approach things like when you started the game. Yes, you've got more skill now, but you should take each encounter very carefully. Use the gear that your enemies drop. Keep swapping stuff and don't rely on one thing too much. There's a reason everyone suggests raising multiple masteries (fists being one of the most important).

OKUSA, F13. When it rotates in, you can be sure that someone here or on Reddit will post about it.
Dammit. I better get on the lookout for this.

Still confused by the radio. Is there anything special you have to do to get the music to play when you're back in the tower? It seems to only do so half of the time.

I just got smacked pretty badly by Jin-Die. Any tips? Bomb shroms seemed to be the only thing working, but I only had 2...

Ranged weapons seem to do very little damage to bosses and especially her. It's a pretty infuriating boss because you have to run up to her and hit her, but she has a lot of stuff she can do to stall you and teleport away. I think the idea is to creep on her from behind, but she has a ridiculous field of view with all those cameras. The Mother Barbs segment says that she has poor hearing, so in theory running wouldn't make a difference from sneaking (basically the opposite of Coen).

Frankly, I usually wing it with healing and melee weapons; just Leeroy Jenkins towards her and melee her until she teleports, heal, rinse and repeat. I'm still waiting to learn a nice, clean, reliable strategy against her.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I just got smacked pretty badly by Jin-Die. Any tips? Bomb shroms seemed to be the only thing working, but I only had 2...

Level your Iron Mastery. The Iron Rage Move stuns her for a few seconds. Pair that with an upgraded and/or non-degraded Iron and you should be able to take her down quick. She will typically teleport right next to you at the start. So quick reflexes mean you should be able to get some mad damage in pretty quick.

Drop kicks all day. It's risky sometimes, but it's worth it. Run around until you can get an angle on her where she can't shoot you first, drop kick (does tons of damage), then you'll have time to get at least two more hits in usually before she teleports. Use a hammer or bat for the extra hits. EDIT: Yeah, I could see the iron working as well. Haven't tried that.

cakely

The rage move on the iron seems to rip her apart.

Other than that do your best to keep an eye on her when she teleports. Charge her and roll a few times to get past her shots, get in a few melee hits, repeat as necessary.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I seem to get raided far less since my ranking went above 650 or so. Kinda weird, since I even try to have tons of Splithium on me to lure people into my honeytrap.

goddamn :D someone sent a lvl 130 killer after me and i max out at lvl 50. I don't even have any chance against that one on each floor he appears, usually blocking my route :E

audio_delay

Neo Member
havent even seen such a shroom yet :D i'm up to lvl 13 in the tower...

hmm kill a fish, throw those fishy fungus at him and then leg it. Just make sure to carry a few of those fishy fungus with you, for the way back.
Make sure to send your other fighters on expeditions, they will come back with useful items and killcoins

hmm kill a fish, throw those fishy fungus at him and then leg it. Just make sure to carry a few of those fishy fungus with you, for the way back.
Make sure to send your other fighters on expeditions, they will come back with useful items and killcoins

yeah i've been using stungas and invisibility so far to avoid them but it's super annoying when the same 130 killer appears on the next floor too :D

Aselith

I choose female fighters for eye candy :3 my freezer is full of them

a7770e3908a86329441b505197ad2326.jpg

Demoskinos

I'm saaaaaaaaaaad I found a Gold Scorpion randomly earlier today and just spent 50k on my 2nd Grade 5 fighter. I went to go throw the gold scorpion on the floor in my waiting room so I could stomp it for the XP and get a Gold Stingshroom as well and the bloody thing just vanished. I threw it and it vanished into thin air. :(

Top Bottom