• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let It Die |OT| F2P roguelike Dark Souls with a skateboarding skeleton

How do I progress past the 12th floor?

I can get to 13 (Momohara) but it's not on the main line.

There's a red door for the blue escalator to 13.

I found an unlocked teal escalator in Seyame, but it was behind a gate and looked like I needed to come from the other side/

Help! This is kind of annoying . . .

I found an unlocked teal escalator in Seyame, but it was behind a gate and looked like I needed to come from the other side/

You have to go back down to F11 from another entrance, I don't have my game on, so I don't remember the floor names. There's a boss on F11 that unlocks those locks.

You need to kill sub boss on 11f. You go into the boss fight from floor above. Ukongoaka is where you need to go in from.

He's the narrator

Yeah, that's what I heard, which got me very confused. After what must at this point be 10 hours of playing this, I seriously can't manage to remember any narrator other than the female tower moderator... edit: nvm mind, it's the first minute of the intro.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Q: Can you reset a captured fighter by just leaving your PS4 on and sitting in the waiting room the entire duration?

A: Yes. Yes you can.

"Could I please have something to eat?"
-Al, my new level 48 Striker

Syysch

The floor 20 and 30 bosses kinda disappointed me, especially 30
was just a level 1 naked hater that I one shot then immediately into the boss fight? eh

Wish i had gotten that, i had
a beefy ass reversal tuber i had to fight while fireballs fired from the walls all over the place. a big chunk of the healing items i brought went toward that because he counter attacked way faster than any others I've fought.

Well I tried to attack one and it wouldn't let me because someone already had so that makes sense. But were they in the "Rescue" tab because they had captured someone or was it for some other reason?

I have never raided someone in the rescue tab that didn't have a captive. As a matter of fact, for them to appear in your rescue list, they have to have captured a character from someone in your team. As you noted, if someone is already attacking them (which is quite often), it simply won't let you, so in theory you should never get anyone without captives.

Q: Can you reset a captured fighter by just leaving your PS4 on and sitting in the waiting room the entire duration?

A: Yes. Yes you can.

"Could I please have something to eat?"
-Al, my new level 48 Striker

Hahah, neat. And a bit cruel. Although leaving your PS4 on for 48 hours (I assume literally on, as putting it into suspend allows people to raid you, I think) is not something I would do for a character, especially now that I have sometimes access to golden snail heaven.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Where can I score these golden snails everyone is rich with?
The Floor for that is out of rotation right now and you have to wait until it comes back (yes certain Floors do come and go).

When I see a snail that I can't kill by stomping, what do I do?

Toss an UNCOOKED animal at it to knock it off the Ceiling or Wall without killing it.

hbkdx12

I made it to as high as 19f and have been there for like 2 weeks. I really need to start pushing my way through the tower. For some reason I'm really in love with the grind of just leveling up my characters and weapons. I pretty much have 13f kamoto memorized like the back of my hand. I can tell you exactly where all the enemies are spawned at

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I made it to as high as 19f and have been there for like 2 weeks. I really need to start pushing my way through the tower. For some reason I'm really in love with the grind of just leveling up my characters and weapons. I pretty much have 13f kamoto memorized like the back of my hand. I can tell you exactly where all the enemies are spawned at

Push to 25 so you can level Grade 4 fighters and farm!

Just beat the level 20 boss in one go, the leadup before the main fight was a fun experience, boss was quite easy though. I don't think I lost more than a quarter of my health.

hbkdx12

Push to 25 so you can level Grade 4 fighters and farm!
I know. I think subconsciously I hate the idea of the jackels being back in. I went to farm okusa for the first time yesterday and I had to go up to 16f and make my way down and I was on 15f and saw this sandy maze kind of layout for the first time and just as I'm headed to the escalator to get to okusa the siren goes off and the yoyo chick spawns right in front of me and I have to run back into the maze and then I make a run for the exit again and another siren goes off and the guy with the gun spawns A few feet away from the escalator and I had to roll passed him managed to get on the escalator before he could shoot.

I don't like the idea that pressure of knowing they can just randomly show up especially in this type of game where single mistakes equate to life and death. The ghost In spelunky is the sole thing that stops me from enjoying that game. I think I would be more comfortable if there were concrete information as to how/when the jackals spawn. I know people have said that once you kill everyone on the floor and yesterday on 15f that definitely seemed to be the case. But in all my grinding in kamoto, I kill everyone and scrounge for Mats and they've never spawned in.

Any good ideas on farming reversal metals? Or just spawning reversal tubers in general. All the quests thst give the metal basically need to kill reversals or treasure and they freaking don't like to spawn in the rooms for me.

Lucent

Good floors/rooms for vegetable oil? Or are materials mostly random? I tried using this guide but nothing seems to be in the rooms it suggests.

Gotta earn it.

(By entering the tower after opening the last box afaik)

Yeah. For the last week or so I've just logged in to get my box, kill Goto on floor 11, and spawn another box. Just been taking a break since I know we're limited to 40 floors and not the 128 I thought we had.

D i Z

Good floors/rooms for vegetable oil? Or are materials mostly random? I tried using this guide but nothing seems to be in the rooms it suggests.

Gotta earn it.

(By entering the tower after opening the last box afaik)

Not so. I've had a box counting down ready for me at my next login since launch. Had one yesterday. It's gone now.

Sande

Not so. I've had a box counting down ready for me at my next login since launch. Had one yesterday. It's gone now.
Well that's not how it works. You return to the waiting room on an elevator and get the short cutscene of a new box getting brought in.

No cutscene, no box.

Edit: I misread. You mean a box that was already there vanished? That should obviously not happen.

Demoskinos

Oh god Coen floor 34 is something else. I used more death metals than I'm proud to say at this point but whats done is done.

Grade 5 Fighters get.

D i Z

Well that's not how it works. You return to the waiting room on an elevator and get the short cutscene of a new box getting brought in.

No cutscene, no box.

Edit: I misread. You mean a box that was already there vanished? That should obviously not happen.

Yup. I can chalk it up to just an unfortunate occurrence. I only make mention of it for the sake of record keeping.

hbkdx12

Just fought 20F Jin-Die...err I mean Jackson.

Color me disappointingly frustrated. The fact that you basically face this boss 3x in what is currently half of the game is just weak. I've farmed 16F Jin Die enough to have a reliable way of beating it (guns, mushrooms and dexterity) That being said, i had nothing that would aid me in what essentially was a jin die clone. Two or three guns and a couple of mushrooms and that fight could have been handled in 5 mins. Instead the fight lasting 30 mins with me just trying to find ways to get close which resulted in me just tanking damage for majority of the fight

Not to mention my game would hitch for a split second anytime he would teleport or lock on to me. So i would run in, get locked on and basically lose my chance to attack first because the game would hitch.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I've been working on getting some of my 2* armor up to 3* so that I can farm 20+ better. My loop has been quite successful for Blue and Green metals.

3F Trap Room
3F Coen Boss
6F Jin-Die Boss
6F Trap Room after boss
11F GOTO-9 Boss

This takes almost no time at all and usually yields 2-3 rare mats. I also pick up any random crafting mats I see. I managed to get a BP I was missing (Knight Chest), too. That was neat.

Once I can craft myself a full set of 3* gear (or get to the point where I only need Black metal), I'll start farming 22F for that trap room. That one is rough because the spawn is scary stuff, especially in that tight room. I need to figure out the best way to handle that.

My next big hurdle is weapons. I've been doing expeditions on 23-25F and scoring beat up Pork Choppers and 3* Claws, but I am in dire need of a good 3* BP. I'm assuming I should find one if I run 20+, but I've had no such luck.

Lucent

Man wtf...I was trying to get to floor 20 from 19 and I get to a floor 20 but it's like a detour or something with no elevator and no boss? And then I try to decide if I should backtrack or go to this other side area and the gun Jackal fucks me up. Man I just don't like these stupid jackals. Game was fine until they added these back in.

Man wtf...I was trying to get to floor 20 from 19 and I get to a floor 20 but it's like a detour or something with no elevator and no boss? And then I try to decide if I should backtrack or go to this other side area and the gun Jackal fucks me up. Man I just don't like these stupid jackals. Game was fine until they added these back in.

I always send out excavators to gather cloak shrooms just for them when they show up. I'd think about doing the same.

So is there a way to expand a fighters death bag, or is that set based on the fighter u choose?

Edit: I guess I haven't unlocked the different types of fighters yet, just hit floor 5. So many systems my head is spinnin'

Demoskinos

I've been working on getting some of my 2* armor up to 3* so that I can farm 20+ better. My loop has been quite successful for Blue and Green metals.

3F Trap Room
3F Coen Boss
6F Jin-Die Boss
6F Trap Room after boss
11F GOTO-9 Boss

This takes almost no time at all and usually yields 2-3 rare mats. I also pick up any random crafting mats I see. I managed to get a BP I was missing (Knight Chest), too. That was neat.

Once I can craft myself a full set of 3* gear (or get to the point where I only need Black metal), I'll start farming 22F for that trap room. That one is rough because the spawn is scary stuff, especially in that tight room. I need to figure out the best way to handle that.

My next big hurdle is weapons. I've been doing expeditions on 23-25F and scoring beat up Pork Choppers and 3* Claws, but I am in dire need of a good 3* BP. I'm assuming I should find one if I run 20+, but I've had no such luck.

You have 30 beaten yet? If so I'd suggest tiptoeing into floor 31 and being very careful but trying to push forward a bit enough to score a few blueprints like the Pork Chopper who's mats you can get on floor 20.

I've got mine up to +2 and it does some real work for me.

I'm currently in the low teens and still haven't found chest or leg armor that significantly helps. It all increases damage taken for slash and basically I'm better off using head piece and no body armor.

Anything I can do to change this situation except pray to RNG for better BPs? I've been lucky with guns (got machete and magnum plus Hammer early on) but bad with armor it seems . . .

kagamin

I made it to floor 30, but none of my tier 3 equipment is even close to +4, I need to get working on that I suppose, and I need to upgrade that sniper rifle blueprint I just got to go with the 70% damage increase on headshot premium decal I got.

Cajun

Neo Member
The drop rate on bullet metal is absurd (and it doesn't help that bullet tubers are far more rare than scratch tubers). If there weren't 10+ quests for it my pork chopper would still be un-upgraded. Got all my black and even a red d.o.d. metal ready to go too :(

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
That's a really good idea. I've only found that mushroom on one floor. Don't remember which.

People grossly underutilize the expedition system. I am swimming in golden snails, invis shrooms, pillbugs, and other useful goodies. Just started getting lizards which give you infinite ammo shrooms. Even level 1 guys with no equipment are better than nothing for expeditions.

Ricker

I was enjoying this game but reading how many floors there are in this thread is daunting. I'm only on floor three...

One floor at a time,repeat a few start from floor 1 runs,trying to raise one or 2 weapons and use your fist also at times...I found the Iron Hammer is the fastest to reach mastery 20 so try that one...dont be scared of orange name haters,even if they are 10 levels over you they arent that hard.Rinse and repeat until your initial guy is level 25(26 male).

Demoskinos

The drop rate on bullet metal is absurd (and it doesn't help that bullet tubers are far more rare than scratch tubers). If there weren't 10+ quests for it my pork chopper would still be un-upgraded. Got all my black and even a red d.o.d. metal ready to go too :(

There is a spot on 18F (Temo-Uma) where there is a hallway that will almost always have 3 bullet tubers right next to the escalator. Try there.

Top Bottom