• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let It Die |OT| F2P roguelike Dark Souls with a skateboarding skeleton

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Btw, what the hell is up with 85% of the player base being from California. At least thats the stats for people raiding me.
California is the winning team, so everyone has joined California for those sweet fight rewards.

That Scratch metal will be necessary for some of the upgrades and you'll hate yourself for dumping it when you're in need.

That was me a while ago. :D Hoard that Scratch Metal! It drops quite often and you think "eh, I'll farm more if I need it", but the problem is 1) you suddenly need a metric ton of it later on, and 2) scratch tubers stop being so plentiful as the game starts mixing other enemies in.

I spent like 18 DMs right at the beginning of the game cause I thought "they gave me this much in the beginning, there's gotta be a steady stream of them". I haven't used another one since.

That... was also me. :/ Perhaps we should make a "newbie bad decisions" post.

hbkdx12

What should I be doing before I log off? I have a full Death Bag after making it through the second floor, but I don't know if it's safe to quit the game or whatever. What do I do with R&D materials?

Make sure you go to the waiting room and then back out to the title screen. That will allow you to safely quit and not lose your character

The stuff in your death bag will be safe. The R&D materials you're probably going to want to put in your storage chest to free up some spots in your death bag and save them for when you need to make new gear

I'm curious how good the rewards are. I'm in Indiana and haven't seen any great bonuses. If Cali is money...

I've gotten 20k in both coins and SPL just for being on the winning team and doing nothing. There were wars that i've contributed in the war and i've gotten as much as 40k in both coins and spl and 2 death metal

The only downside is that if you're in a war, that 24 hour period severely hampers any raiding you might want to do if your trying to grind for coins or spl

Syysch

I'm curious how good the rewards are. I'm in Indiana and haven't seen any great bonuses. If Cali is money...

Seems winning team for a fight gets roughly 40k coins+spl plus 2.5-5k per capture/rescue. That's been my experience anyway. It's really not much once you get further into the game. I make a lot more just grinding raids at diamond rank than waiting for a 40-50k bump after a 24 hour event that's not always happening.

Baliis

Seems winning team for a fight gets roughly 40k coins+spl plus 2.5-5k per capture/rescue. That's been my experience anyway. It's really not much once you get further into the game. I make a lot more just grinding raids at diamond rank than waiting for a 40-50k bump after a 24 hour event that's not always happening.

Must be nice to be diamond T_T. How do people look at the higher rank with grade 5 chars? Only being grade 4 still is a barren wasteland of people I can't get points off of anymore and I'm only at 1502 ish

What should I be doing before I log off? I have a full Death Bag after making it through the second floor, but I don't know if it's safe to quit the game or whatever. What do I do with R&D materials?

If you don't want to be raided, spend one of your resources down to less than 1000 as well. I can't spend SPL fast enough so I usually just dump coins on weapons/armor to store for later.

Nose Master

My connection is butts atm so that might be it, but I don't have the cardboard box in the lobby elevator room? I thought it always had to be there.

Allonym

There should be more tampons in gaming
Hey guys, quick question and maybe it's been answered previously, if so apologies in advance. When raiding can you take more than one fighter? I had two fighters dazed and there was no option to pick them both up and so I put one in the train believing I could get back off and capture the 2nd but I was taken back to my base. Is it a case of you take the best fighter available?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
My connection is butts atm so that might be it, but I don't have the cardboard box in the lobby elevator room? I thought it always had to be there.

It goes away randomly sometimes. When you come back down from the tower or a raid, it will be back.

I got a MILK Black from mine today and it was glorious.

Syysch

Hey guys, quick question and maybe it's been answered previously, if so apologies in advance. When raiding can you take more than one fighter? I had two fighters dazed and there was no option to pick them both up and so I put one in the train believing I could get back off and capture the 2nd but I was taken back to my base. Is it a case of you take the best fighter available?

Doesn't seem like you can capture more than 1, I've had that happen a couple times too.

Must be nice to be diamond T_T. How do people look at the higher rank with grade 5 chars? Only being grade 4 still is a barren wasteland of people I can't get points off of anymore and I'm only at 1502 ish

I see people regularly 2000+ right now, plenty of others in the 600-1500 range, but there's usually a few 2000-4000 in each list refresh. I've only got 2 t5 guys right now, i think that puts me at rank 62?

big_z

Did 4 runs of the chest in 22F Kawabe so far, got a different Black Metal each time.
Hoping the luck continues like this :p

From my experience the game stops dropping what you want after you get the material 4 times recently. It's like there's a cool down timer.

From my experience the game stops dropping what you want after you get the material 4 times recently. It's like there's a cool down timer.

Agreed I believe there is some kind of Cool down. I did 15 runs one day and after I got I believe it was about 5 or 6 black metals. The rest of my runs were nothing but Blue prints, Money and green metals. Hell even sometimes Armor.

Grinchy

Banned
The Suspend/Resume feature is so nice to have for this game. It takes so long to load up, the splash screens are insanely loud, and it forces you to be there to hit X twice to continue loading.

Okay so this is my full time it took me to beat the game.

pncasyK.jpg

and this image here which is somewhat a spoil cause this will unlock after you beat the game is 100% BS.

http://i.imgur.com/QAM3Foo.jpg

I got to 13 and started exploring the side floors I'd missed.

All the stuff below 10 I'd missed seems to be below my gear level and not worth the trouble.

Agree? Am I missing out if I don't find my way into every area of the Tower?

Sooo had my first run in with the Jackals. I saw what I thought was a Screamer from pretty far away and thought it was weird that it was level 200. Thought "Eh it's a Screamer. Maybe if I sneak up on it I can take it down." Lol nope. Sneak attack probably did 1 point of damage. Thought maybe I messed up and tried to hit her with the iron which I did and it did maybe 2 damage. When she started to get up I finally recognize who she was and tried to jet. Got maybe half way to an elevator before the Gun Jackal guy literally popped up in the doorway I needed to go through and he took me out in one or two shots. Probably the biggest "Oh SHIT!" moment I've had so far in the game lol.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
I think they really need to institute a cap on how big of a difference in level Hunter haters can be, lol.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Crazy shit, I found a 5 star rated 1500 ATK chopper and fully repaired it with a fun fungus. That level 35 boss will die quickly.

hbkdx12

Did 4 runs of the chest in 22F Kawabe so far, got a different Black Metal each time.
Hoping the luck continues like this :p

Definitely not my experience at all

Got a black metal the first time. 2nd time got coins and the third time i got a metal bat. At that point i pretty much said the hell with continually trying to farm this floor. The layout is always different and it's so damn big that going through it and risking jackels showing up for a damn bat is insane

Drain You

Sorry if this has been asked before but I'm looking to completely start the game over with a buddy of mine. Can't find a save file for it to delete so I'm assuming it's all saved server side? Is there a way for me to do this? I want him to be able to play from the very beginning.

MG310

I beat the first boss and got access to the grade 2 characters and now I'm seeing nothing but constant YTYMK Haters on the lower floors. Guys who can one or two shot me with machetes, assault rifles and shotguns.

Apathy

I got 2 quick questions, just started playing but was wondering there is a weapon i don't like, can it be broken down to mats or should I just vendor it? second, fighter type, how do you get someone that is something other than all rounder? is it random?

I got 2 quick questions, just started playing but was wondering there is a weapon i don't like, can it be broken down to mats or should I just vendor it? second, fighter type, how do you get someone that is something other than all rounder? is it random?

Just sell it. Can't break them down. More fighters become available once you start clearing bosses

hbkdx12

I beat the first boss and got access to the grade 2 characters and now I'm seeing nothing but constant YTYMK Haters on the lower floors. Guys who can one or two shot me with machetes, assault rifles and shotguns.

Yeah haters can be a big nuisance in the early game. The thing to remember is that haters max out based on the highest grade fighter you have available to you. So if you have a grade 2 figher, the level cap for that is 50 so running into haters in their 40s and what not will soon become commonplace.

My rule of thumb is to never over extend myself as far as moving through the tower. My number one goal when moving through the tower is to find the next floor with an elevator, activate that elevator, go back to the waiting room, level up and gear up and then head back out. This will allow you to level yourself at a pretty good pace and minimize the level gap you'll get with invading haters

Weapons can't be broken down. If you have something in your inventory that you don't like, just toss it or hold on to it to sell it back at the shop in the waiting room. I believe once you pass floor 6 you can access different types of fighters besides all rounders but after you beat floor 10 is when you unlock the next grade/tier of fighters that have higher stat/level caps

Apathy

Just sell it. Can't break them down. More fighters become available once you start clearing bosses

Yeah haters can be a big nuisance in the early game. The thing to remember is that haters max out based on the highest grade fighter you have available to you. So if you have a grade 2 figher, the level cap for that is 50 so running into haters in their 40s and what not will soon become commonplace.

My rule of thumb is to never over extend myself as far as moving through the tower. My number one goal when moving through the tower is to find the next floor with an elevator, activate that elevator, go back to the waiting room, level up and gear up and then head back out. This will allow you to level yourself at a pretty good pace and minimize the level gap you'll get with invading haters

Weapons can't be broken down. If you have something in your inventory that you don't like, just toss it or hold on to it to sell it back at the shop in the waiting room. I believe once you pass floor 6 you can access different types of fighters besides all rounders but after you beat floor 10 is when you unlock the next grade/tier of fighters that have higher stat/level caps

thanks

Crossing Eden

Wtf at the difference in stats between Special Forces' Beret E and Captain's Beret, from 60 defense to 248?!! o_O Are all the form 3 upgrades this drastic?

Phil Fish

Banned
This is easily my 2016 GOTY. They came clutch releasing it before 2017.

California is the winning team, so everyone has joined California for those sweet fight rewards.

Someone made a post about how team choosing should be automated (and choose based on your actual region). I like that idea a lot better.

I keep running into issues with some quests not getting completed even though I'm very careful to do what it says. Like "defeat all enemies with knife in this area" or "climb from here to here without doing x". In each instance I'm very careful to follow the instruction but it never completes.

hbkdx12

I keep running into issues with some quests not getting completed even though I'm very careful to do what it says. Like "defeat all enemies with knife in this area" or "climb from here to here without doing x". In each instance I'm very careful to follow the instruction but it never completes.

The quests that spawn across particular areas for whatever reason are bugged. It's a known issue. For the stuff like "kill the enemies in x area" are particularly problematic because it's possible for haters/hunters to kill enemies that you may not even be aware of and thus ruin the quest.

The quests that spawn across particular areas for whatever reason are bugged. It's a known issue. For the stuff like "kill the enemies in x area" are particularly problematic because it's possible for haters/hunters to kill enemies that you may not even be aware of and thus ruin the quest.

Ugh. Lame. It's seems like it doesn't complete no matter how's much I make sure haters don't kill anyone.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Ugh. Lame. It's seems like it doesn't complete no matter how's much I make sure haters don't kill anyone.

They killed someone somewhere at some point. ;)

Seriously, they need to do another polishing run through the entire game. So many little things need attention.

Baliis

Went through like 8 floors, killed 2 bosses, made over 100k, didnt find one of the mat I want >_>

Grade 5 fighters now though, yesss

Crossing Eden

Wait what's the advantage to sending out characters on longer expeditions? I never knew you could do that.

Top Bottom