• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let It Die |OT| F2P roguelike Dark Souls with a skateboarding skeleton

Reebot

Beat the first boss.

Another "no idea how to do that" fight, won it through attrition.

Weird, weird game. But its free so cool.

It's back up according to their official Twitter

I hope they give us more warning the next time, thankfully I quit the game when they did this but for other people that just lost all of their progress...

Also, the loading in the menu screens is crazy, they need to patch that.

boinx

Damn the soundtrack is awesome, I hope this will succeed so grasshopper can keep adding to it, cool vibe to this game.

Darknight

Does this have trophies and do they seem possible to reach? I really hate F2P games that have like "1000 MP online matches" BS.

Jobbs

Banned
combat mechanics are terrible... stiff and clunky and slow. is this what suda51 is known for? I'm not a fan but I know people love him. This is awful. XD

Caim

I went in thinking I wasn't going to hate it, but I actually like it.

The atmosphere and the soundtrack is wonderful.

Combat is a bit clunky, once you start an animation you have no choice but to commit to it.

They can always improve stuff with patches if they choose to.

Despite being a free game I hope it succeeds though and that Grasshopper makes more games in the future.

Mandelbo

How to reload pistol?

Press R2/L2 and X. If you're out of bullets I've no idea where you get more.

Stopped playing for today - was a bit annoyed that I'd lost one of my fighters but then it turns out the retrieval cost was a pittance compared to what I had, so it was alright in the end. Groups of enemies and haters jumping me from behind are my biggest problems right now, and it feels like the game's getting stingier with frogs and scorpions. I'm on floor 6 or 7 right now.

Yeah it is garbage tier. Any time I come up across any player enemies with a firework launcher I absolutely destroy them.

The big magnum gun is good though. I got one out of the gold box and found another. One out of gold box had way more ammo.
Regular firework attacks suck, but the rage firework attack is amazing at shredding groups. I just keep one in my pocket for that as much possible.

Audioboxer

Stopped playing for today - was a bit annoyed that I'd lost one of my fighters but then it turns out the retrieval cost was a pittance compared to what I had, so it was alright in the end. Groups of enemies and haters jumping me from behind are my biggest problems right now, and it feels like the game's getting stingier with frogs and scorpions. I'm on floor 6 or 7 right now.

You pretty much have to farm the first few levels for frogs.

Regular firework attacks suck, but the rage firework attack is amazing at shredding groups. I just keep one in my pocket for that as much possible.

Fair point. I find it clunky to pull off special moves though. So easy to miss and aiming can be a crap shoot. The combat is almost designed to be iffy just to frustrate lol. It's not as if enemies weapons degrade! I don't even know if enemies have stamina!

Really liking this so far, combat is decent, if not a little clunky.

When a weapon is damaged, is it repairable like in Dark Souls, or gone forever?

And... are there 'safe areas' (like the bon fires, I suppose?). I am not sure how to get back to that central hub, do you just keep pushing forward?

EDIT: Ah, found my first elevator, that's how you go back to the Waiting Room then :)

Kinsei

Banned
I'm surprised at how much I'm enjoying this. The combat is clunky but the way everything comes together lets me look past that.

Vex_

Banned

Intetesting. Isnt working. R2 just fires the gun. Am i pressing this l2+r2 at the same time? Or is it r2 OR l2 youre saying? In which case this does nothing in combination with X.

I know that once the clip empties, it will auto reload. Is that what you guys are saying? If so, that sucks. I was asking if I could reload BEFORE emptying a clip.

Clockwork

Anyone else having issues with setting the brightness in this game if following the onscreen calibration?

Every other game is fine but this one.

ike_

Yeah, very stylish and a really cool prologue. Landing those triangle+R2 attacks feels real nice.

And I totally forgot this was Grasshopper, becomes pretty apparent like 40 seconds in though.

Mandelbo

Intetesting. Isnt working. R2 just fires the gun. Am i pressing this l2+r2 at the same time? Or is it r2 OR l2 youre saying? In which case this does nothing in combination with X.

I know that once the clip empties, it will auto reload. Is that what you guys are saying? If so, that sucks. I was asking if I could reload BEFORE emptying a clip.

The guy in the arcade gave me a tip saying that you press L2 or R2 (depending on which hand you have the gun in) and X at the same time to manually reload, unless I've misinterpreted it...

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
How to reload pistol?
Hold X and THEN hit R2/L2 (whichever d-pad side it's equipped -- NOT always what hand it looks like on your character).

However it will fire and waste a bullet if 1) your mag is already full 2) you don't have ammo to reload, so keep that in mind.

Kalentan

Okay so I don't get it. How do you even get close to Jin-Die? She just targets on to you and shoots so quickly.

One would think to wait for her cameras to go green and sneak up and attack her but she can clearly see and hear you without the cameras touching.

xir

Likely to be eaten by a grue
Really liking this so far, combat is decent, if not a little clunky.

When a weapon is damaged, is it repairable like in Dark Souls, or gone forever?

And... are there 'safe areas' (like the bon fires, I suppose?). I am not sure how to get back to that central hub, do you just keep pushing forward?

EDIT: Ah, found my first elevator, that's how you go back to the Waiting Room then :)

uh how do you take the elevator to the waiting room? it just opens, a woman bows, and then closes on my face

Haunted

uh how do you take the elevator to the waiting room? it just opens, a woman bows, and then closes on my face
That's the nice golden elevator for paying customers.

Plebs like you get to go in the shitty one next to that.

Ryuuga

Banned
Just realized you can change the track that plays in the waiting room via the arcade. I'd still like a now playing but at least I can go out to check what track is playing if I'm milling about in the waiting room.

Top Bottom