• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let It Die |OT| F2P roguelike Dark Souls with a skateboarding skeleton

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Fuck sake, it seems like every single time I'm on the lower floors now I run into at least a level 26/27 'HATER' or so who just completely nails me. I mean the characters I'm using right now are completely disposable for now as I'm just using them to build my mastery in fists but it's an annoyance. I'm also just trying to earn some money to get my level 24 haterfied character back.

Thought this sounded interesting, so I started the download.. Is it worth the 25 gb???... Christ!

And, can I play it offline? I brought my ps4 away from home to get some updates and downloads in, but will mostly be playing at home, without internet.

delSai

Thought this sounded interesting, so I started the download.. Is it worth the 25 gb???... Christ!

And, can I play it offline? I brought my ps4 away from home to get some updates and downloads in, but will mostly be playing at home, without internet.

It would say it's worth it. And no, you can't play offline.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
So I got "invaded" by a lvl16 player character.

A bit unfair, considering I was lvl 6. I beat him, but I almost died.
I think it's bracketed somehow. I've seen haters being lvl 26 and such, I think they can be levelled as high as the player levelcaps in that first area.

But idk tbh.

Audioboxer

Woah. A connection error and I guess I lose hours of progress and my character gets auto killed. Made it to floor 9 and now all that progress seems to be canned.

Yeah... The enjoyable side of always online DRM and what is on the surface a SP game. I think I'll be quitting now things like this really sour me.

Woah. A connection error and I guess I lose hours of progress and my character gets auto killed.

Yeah... The enjoyable side of always online DRM and what is on the surface a SP game. I think I'll be quitting now things like this really sour me.
You could go and kill your character and get them back.

Woah. A connection error and I guess I lose hours of progress and my character gets auto killed. Made it to floor 9 and now all that progress seems to be canned.

Same thing happened to me except I only played for like 40 mins. Really discouraging though.

Ryuuga

Banned
Yeah, I got a connection error upon death and then when trying to restore that character. Sucks but I had my fill for today, hope it gets fixed soon though. Also what Nestled said, you don't really "lose progress" because you always have the option of restoring said character before death as long as you can pony up the kill coins.

Keep picking "no" when you get a connection error and it asks you to go to the title...Just lost a ton of progress also by picking yes once. It happened again when I paid to get him out of the freezer, and after about 10 "no" choices, it finally reconnected me, and continued as normal.

I've also noticed that if you press no to return back to menu when you dc, it'll keep trying to reconnect. I've done that like 3 times already. I haven't lost progress and been able to reconnect.

Evolved1

I'm done with this.

I'm travelling up the escalator, game gets a connection error.

Kills my character and I lose everything? Don't even have the option for insurance?

NO.

Absolutely not. There are plenty of other games to play.

Audioboxer

You could go and kill your character and get them back.

Same thing happened to me except I only played for like 40 mins. Really discouraging though.

Yeah, I got a connection error upon death and then when trying to restore that character. Sucks but I had my fill for today, hope it gets fixed soon though.

Keep picking "no" when you get a connection error and it asks you to go to the title...Just lost a ton of progress also by picking yes once. It happened again when I paid to get him out of the freezer, and after about 10 "no" choices, it finally reconnected me, and continued as normal.

What a daft way to word things that yes auto kills you because it goes to the main menu and it is no you need to hit.

My progress to level 9 is wiped. Elevator is only going to level 6. Which means my main 1st boss fight is wiped as well.

Also lol I just sold my whole inventory on this 2nd crappy character to try and make money to buy back dead character in freezer and because the game server connection died again it stole all my gear AND stole my money. Woah.

This is like Diablo 3 at launch but worse because it not only stops you playing but loses your progress, and now items and money.

I'm done with this.

I'm travelling up the escalator, game gets a connection error.

Kills my character and I lose everything? Don't even have the option for insurance?

NO.

Absolutely not. There are plenty of other games to play.

Damn its happened to you all. Yeah fuck this. Hours wasted and it's punishing me for its own server issues. Bye bye game.

Any devs that nuke SP progress due to online DRM can get fucked.

I was very fortunate as I was in the wait room already. Man the servers just went to hell can't even RnD any blueprints the shopps have to check online I guess.

Went to quit to the title screen while standing in the waiting room while the servers implode, and on the black screen loading the title, get "connection error, would you like to go to the title?" Can't even quit gracefully.

Audioboxer

Yep my dude is dead too.
And I can't salvage him cuz the servers are taking a dump.
Don't know about elevator status but I'm assuming it's as if I didn't enter it. Argh.
These servers are becoming a problem.

Yeah your elevator progress will be wiped, mines was too.

soultron

Banned
I got the PSN error when I tried to access the elevator to go back to the waiting room too. Fuck this, I'm out. I'll constantly be living in fear of errors/connection issues setting me back like this, so there's no way I can keep playing.

Evolved1

I actually uninstalled it so I'm not tempted to waste another minute of my life on it.

Unless they change something this game is going to be DOA. No one will put up with this shit.

I get that it's bad (it is) but connection errors and stuff is par for the course it seems. I'd give them a few days to see if they sort it out. If not yeah it's time to bail.

People losing money items though.. yeesh

Audioboxer

I get that it's bad (it is) but connection errors and stuff is par for the course it seems. I'd give them a few days to see if they sort it out. If not yeah it's time to bail.

People losing money items though.. yeesh

Yeah launch connection issues are bad, but nearly any game that insists on an always online connection gets it at launch. However punishing players progress and/or items and money due to server issues is unforgiveable. I don't care how much they want to preach it is a MP game many elements are SP. Progress has to save constantly if you are going to tie people to your servers in such a way a disconnection means getting fucked.

The Souls series handles this fine.

JPS Kai

I'm surprised the connections are bad today and not last night when everyone was hammering the servers.

Kinda wish I stuck around for the upgrade timers to finish last night before going to bed. Went from ~50k gold and SPLithium last night down to less than 10k from all of the invasions. I could've used that gold on mushroom soup. :(

Has anyone made it up high enough in the tower to unlock Grade 2 characters? I switched to a Collector and made it to the 9th floor last night but haven't seen anything from that yet, though I did
have my first encounter with the Jackals...

Alastor3

They said they will compensate players for server crash.

The only thing im complaining is the fucking lvl 26 at the first few levels, and the fact that you can get robbed of your characters AND gold when you are not playing for a few days. This is fucking stupid.

Audioboxer

I'm surprised the connections are bad today and not last night when everyone was hammering the servers.

Kinda wish I stuck around for the upgrade timers to finish last night before going to bed. Went from ~50k gold and SPLithium last night down to less than 10k from all of the invasions. I could've used that gold on mushroom soup. :(

Has anyone made it up high enough in the tower to unlock Grade 2 characters? I switched to a Collector and made it to the 9th floor last night but haven't seen anything from that yet, though I did
have my first encounter with the Jackals...

That is exactly where I got to before servers packing in and losing all that progress...

They said they will compensate players for server crash.

The only thing im complaining is the fucking lvl 26 at the first few levels, and the fact that you can get robbed of your characters AND gold when you are not playing for a few days. This is fucking stupid.

Yeah the MP assault on other bases seems really harsh.

Rojiraan

Just got an connection error too ! I'm scared for my progression...

Anyway, I like this game a lot for now ! The art direction (and +1 for the heart animation, clear and simple ! I love it !), the weaps, the loot and the mushroom concept, the sound direction (which is really awesome, just sometimes I don't know how to understand the music because I don't really know if I'm spotted by an enemy or not), etc... I also hope the stage will evolve little by little, it would be sad to keep the same genre of "underground" level design over and over.

I was just a bit annoyed by all these messages to read for the introduction... Maybe a bigger cut-scene would have been better to explain all the lobby stuff for example.
I would love to see better combo too (like for example triggering a combo if you're switching your weap during attacking, or things like that. But I surely need to play more to speak about this better), and maybe better gore system (I don't know why but I feel like there is always a problem about this with Suda's games. I mean I remember feeling the same with Lollipop Chainsaw).

Well, keeping aside the connection issues, positive impressions for now !

Opto

Banned
Wish Suda could make a game that employed all of the aesthetic the title screens and everything without the core game being eh
Got a connection error right as I selected "waiting room" from a new elevator. God I hope it saved that progress

same. lost all progress for me

Top Bottom