• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let It Die |OT| F2P roguelike Dark Souls with a skateboarding skeleton

Audioboxer

Bros, I'm just kicking about eating the fuck out of frogs.

So yeah... Welcome to the era of quirky PS2 games we've been sorely missing.

Audioboxer

:(

Damnit Sony, just let me download this thing!!

Yeah it's a good laugh and a throwback to another time.

Speaking of upgrading bank storage and what not is it the currency you get from killing other players you need? Thought I'd just be able to spend my gold. Have tons of it lol.

delSai

letitdie_201612041208hhzpy.png

Why did you have to break, you weird mask :(

Haunted

Is this a PvP or PvE game?
PvE exclusively. There's the option to send an AI character equipped by a player to other worlds, but these won't be controlled by a player.

Yeah and problem is that the game isn't very good at actually explaining those things.

Like I'm pretty sure I just raided the same guy twice. So it's kinda crazy that I can keep doing that until they're drained dry.

Edit: Based on the FAQ, it does seem that it is possible for players to fully take all of your Kill Coins and 'soul-things' if you get raided enough. And there is no way to opt out of it. Basically the game forces you to care about keeping your defenses up. If this really is the case, then they're going to lose a lot of players just based on that alone.

Cause while I think the concept is cool, it will become so annoying very quickly. More so if the game stays active.

Also based on their current event they're running for 'raiding', it seems they plan to allow players to attack the freezer and steal fighters from there eventually. Which will kill this game. I got a bad feeling based on the fact that there is no Forum or main reddit page that they're not going to be looking for much feedback.
Well, you think it's going to kill the game because you don't like it. The sad reality is that it's been shown that the fear of losing progress is an excellent motivator to boost microtransactions sales that keep the player safe. It's very common in the mobile space to threaten the player this way to encourage them to buy boosters/defense mechanisms/insurances with real money to be more safe, MGSV did that as well.

The touch pad is awfully implemented.

The named people in your game are they just avatars rather than controlled by an actual player?

Well that answers my question ^

It's a fun game but definitely looks visually like a PS3/last gen game to me. And this isn't even a Suda51 game, but ah well, guess people will call it that anyway like they did with Lollipop Chainsaw and Shadows of the Damned (both of which were designed and directed by other people, SotD he was the co-writer, Lollipop Chainsaw he didn't even write and only was executive producer). People should be giving Hideyuki Shin props since he has not only being doing all of the marketing but is the Director of the game. Give credit where credit is due. He was also the Director of Killer is Dead which was excellent and one of the most overlooked games last gen (and Grasshopper's best game last gen, easily). He is also a former member of Team Silent (worked on Silent Hill 4).

Also, I really hope we get an OST release since Akira Yamaoka's music is incredible. Love the loading screen music especially, sounds like trip hop infused with Silent Hill esque synths.

Just levelled up my character, although what's really the point if you lose all of the stat boosts anyway? :(

Ogni-XR21

Just to let the german players here know, the game is probably censored in Germany. The german store page shows a PEGI 12 age rating while other european stores show a PEGI 18 age rating. In north america the game is rated 17+.

I think it's very likely they censored the german version in some way to receive that lower age rating. I'll better wait for the US store version to show up.

When you check the USK website it states that the game got a 18+ rating though.

It's a fun game but definitely looks visually like a PS3/last gen game to me. And this isn't even a Suda51 game, but ah well, guess people will call it that anyway like they did with Lollipop Chainsaw and Shadows of the Damned (both of which were designed and directed by other people, SotD he was the co-writer, Lollipop Chainsaw he didn't even write and only was executive producer). People should be giving Hideyuki Shin props since he has not only being doing all of the marketing but is the Director of the game. Give credit where credit is due. He was also the Director of Killer is Dead which was excellent and one of the most overlooked games last gen (and Grasshopper's best game last gen, easily). He is also a former member of Team Silent (worked on Silent Hill 4).

Sine Mora, m8

Kilvin

I'm sure the touch pad implementation is specifically there to troll players. One touch activation with instant kill mushrooms and poor swipe detection? 100% intentional.

They space them out farther apart after the first one.

I've had two mishaps with the touchpad so far, the first I ate and exploding mushroom which took like 2/3rds of my health and the second I ate a beautiful golden frog that I got as a quest reward when I was at full health.

Feels bad man

Audioboxer

Are there trophies ?

Yeah but sadly no platinum. Sonys policies with trophies continue to confuse.

Feel a bit bottlenecked right now. Maxed out coins but can't upgrade till I somehow farm more currency for upgrading. I have max coins and nothing to really spend them on.

I guess I need to get higher in the tower or something. My character is maxed out as well.

Ryuuga

Banned
I want this OST. Suda's influence is felt everywhere, I can't be mad about Lily B when we got something as unique as this.

Mandelbo

Are there any outdoor areas later on? These underground halls are starting to grate on me. Also, how many of the rooms are randomly generated? The past few floors have had lots of cookie cutter rooms, but early on they didn't seem to - unless I just didn't notice.

Sine Mora, m8

Sine Mora wasn't even developed by Grasshopper, though. They just did Art Direction and sound design (so development assistance would the right wording, I think, like Sony Japan Studios did with Bloodborne), the actual brunt of the development was done by Digital Reality (Programming, design, direction etc).

Audioboxer

Unlocked the sixth floor and it says new fighters available. I'm dying more often now, stupid fucking enemies with irons. Timing attacks is a pain in the ass.

Ryuuga

Banned
A few quality of life changes I'd make:

- Scrap the touch pad for item use/selection
- Lose that annoying beep during the end mission results
- Include a 'now playing' that displays track title/artists (toggled option)
- The ability to switch locked-on targets

There are likely a few other I'm forgetting. Environments are samey, but hopefully they change it up a bit the further we go up or in forthcoming updates. The core game is fun, but only in spurts. I haven't run into a situation where microtransactional benefits feel too intrusive or exploitative, but we'll see.

Getting an error when opening the game: "There is not enough free space in storage" I have 40GB available and the game is downloaded. Any ideas?

Don't forget to stomp the hell of your enemies when they are down by pressing X. Playing fists only and the rage move knocks down guys easily.

Justified

PvE exclusively. There's the option to send an AI character equipped by a player to other worlds, but these won't be controlled by a player.

It also has PVP-ish base attacking (though the other character is still A.I)

A few quality of life changes I'd make:

- Scrap the touch pad for item use/selection
- Lose that annoying beep during the end mission results
- Include a 'now playing' that displays track title/artists (toggled option)
- The ability to switch locked-on targets
Would also like to see the camera auto-adjust on dodge rolls

This game is great! I wish it wasn't free though! I want to own it.

Buy some Death Medals

Getting an error when opening the game: "There is not enough free space in storage" I have 40GB available and the game is downloaded. Any ideas?

Same I had to free up about 46GB

Ricker

I dont have patience for hard games anymore,even if they are great and that kind of pisses me off lol but is this really that hard...not sure I want to start a 23 GB download and suck at the game and just delete it after a day.

Shizuka

Can I play Let It Die offline? What do I lose by playing the game offline? I don't have a great internet connection in my room, which means I could login to get rewards and stuff, but it's not reliable enough to play online matches.

Audioboxer

Finally upgraded my bank so now I can hold 50k coins. Took a beating levelling up my 2nd character so no medals left lol. Going to have to try some of the quests which reward medals.

It is a striker. Thought about going for character that has tons of bag space but I have so much materials stored already and no blueprints to use them on yet.

I'm guessing the further you progress the more characters you can have? I can only have 3 just now.

Nothus

So I'm in a position now where I can't actually get to the first boss without having to fight a ton of level 28 haters waiting for me on the 2nd floor.

The fuck? Was this intentional or is it players being dicks and trolling? Honestly no idea how to progress now.

audio_delay

Neo Member
So I'm in a position now where I can't actually get to the first boss without having to fight a ton of level 28 haters waiting for me on the 2nd floor.

The fuck? Was this intentional or is it players being dicks and trolling? Honestly no idea how to progress now.

use your mushrooms! 2 or 3 explosives should do the trick.

Audioboxer

Seems to be intentional. As I got in early last night I seem to have avoided the waves of high powered haters.

I don't even know how people are sending haters into early zones? Are people dying on purpose or is there a way to send out your character into other people's games?

SexyFish

Banned
So this may end up on my game of the year list. Fuck me this is ridiculously fun and insane. Will probably put money into it for support for Suda.

Alastor3

Yeah and problem is that the game isn't very good at actually explaining those things.

Like I'm pretty sure I just raided the same guy twice. So it's kinda crazy that I can keep doing that until they're drained dry.

Edit: Based on the FAQ, it does seem that it is possible for players to fully take all of your Kill Coins and 'soul-things' if you get raided enough. And there is no way to opt out of it. Basically the game forces you to care about keeping your defenses up. If this really is the case, then they're going to lose a lot of players just based on that alone.

Cause while I think the concept is cool, it will become so annoying very quickly. More so if the game stays active.

Also based on their current event they're running for 'raiding', it seems they plan to allow players to attack the freezer and steal fighters from there eventually. Which will kill this game. I got a bad feeling based on the fact that there is no Forum or main reddit page that they're not going to be looking for much feedback.

That scares me the most... almost don't want to play because of that.

i'm not sure what to think about this game

on the one hand it's f2p which i fucking hate which makes me never want to play it ever

on the other hand it has a skateboarding skeleton

ToVenusAndBack_

Neo Member
Whenever I try to access the game now I get "A connection error occurred. ERR-0-002". Anyone else had this? I was playing fine earlier and now I can't play at all :(

myco666

Seriously why the hell this still isn't on the store? It is like 6pm on Sunday already and nothing. Jealous at you guys who can play it already.

Vic_Viper

Why are people referring to this as a Demo? I thought it was the full release?

Downloading now so I haven't gotten a chance to check it out. But I've been looking forward to it for awhile now.

delSai

Why are people referring to this as a Demo? I thought it was the full release?

Downloading now so I haven't gotten a chance to check it out. But I've been looking forward to it for awhile now.

It is a Full Release, some probably mean that after what, 8GBs? are done DLing, you can start playing some of the earlier parts.

Mandelbo

Are the servers down? Keep getting connection error USR-0-451, and my internet connection's fine. I'd leave it until later but if I return to the title now it'll surely count as a death, right?

Yep it's maintenance. Hope I don't lose my things...

Top Bottom