• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let It Die |OT| F2P roguelike Dark Souls with a skateboarding skeleton

So how are you guys farming for SPLithium? Most of my runs only come back with around 300-400. Expeditions generally only yield under 100 per character with a few exceptions where I might get like 300. The only way I can see saving up to build up enough for my next character slot is to not R&D anything until I have enough.

lionpants

So how are you guys farming for SPLithium? Most of my runs only come back with around 300-400. Expeditions generally only yield under 100 per character with a few exceptions where I might get like 300. The only way I can see saving up to build up enough for my next character slot is to not R&D anything until I have enough.
Raiding seems like the best way. You can get a few thousand at a time.

Jebusman

Banned

Raids.

The fastest and most cost efficient way to do so. And at the lower ranks you typically wont see many defenses.

Otnopolit

Today I picked up my 19:00 box reward, it was a blueprint I didn't have, but I got an error message and the item is not my inventory. Love this game, but man what a massive turn off.

hbkdx12

I carved out a nice grind loop for these black metals. It's been pretty productive.

Also, someone mentioned this a few pages back and it's helped me tons so I figure it bears repeating. If at least one of your resources is below 1000 you apparently don't get raided. I've been doing this the past few nights where I have been saving money but getting my spl down under 1000 before going offline and I haven't been raided and i currently have over 120k in coins that no one has attempted to take. Pretty nifty if your looking to save up to for something In particular.

NeoRausch

Okay, third time the charm.

Does anyone know what the color coding on the elevator map means?
All those colorful lines and I have no idea what they mean.

wtf. I completed the challenge of going from Ikeraga -> Imokawa Cho without dodging, but I didn't get my reward of 1 DM :( I tried doing a different challenge for the same reward which is go from Ikeraga -> Imokawa Cho without any armor and defeat every enemy, which I did. Still nothing.

What gives?

delSai

wtf. I completed the challenge of going from Ikeraga -> Imokawa Cho without dodging, but I didn't get my reward of 1 DM :( I tried doing a different challenge for the same reward which is go from Ikeraga -> Imokawa Cho without any armor and defeat every enemy, which I did. Still nothing.

What gives?

You have to go through Imokawa Cho as well. The description is wrong.

lionpants

Ya, not sure. I've tried to make sense of it a few times. Probably some crazy Japanese logic. Like the teal lines are the main path or something? Maybe other colors mean they lead to dead end floors?

Is there a benefit to sending fighters on longer than hour expeditions? Just if I am not going to be playing for a while?

hbkdx12

They correspond to the escalators you find in the tower. If you come to a green up escalator, you can check the map and see the green line going up. That will tell you where that escalator will take you to.

It's just a nice way to know where you're going and how to plan what path you may want to take.

NeoRausch

They correspond to the escalators you find in the tower. If you come to a green up escalator, if you check the map the green line going up will tell you where that escalator will take you too.

It's just a nice way to know where you're going and how to plan what path you may want to take.

Yeah...

But it's: orange, purple, teal and blue. So..... What?

Ya, not sure. I've tried to make sense of it a few times. Probably some crazy Japanese logic. Like the teal lines are the main path or something? Maybe other colors mean they lead to dead end floors?

Is there a benefit to sending fighters on longer than hour expeditions? Just if I am not going to be playing for a while?

I go with this one for now. 😂

lionpants

They correspond to the escalators you find in the tower. If you come to a green up escalator, you can check the map and see the green line going up. That will tell you where that escalator will take you to.

Or something simple like that. lol

I never realized the elevators had different physical colors.

Yeah...

I go with this one for now. ��

The escalator has a physical color that matches the line on the map. Makes it easy to see which escalator you're at before a floor transition. I have just been using the name of the area until now!

Thanks I'm dumb...

Not at all. I keep making rank 1 fighters when I mean to do rank 2 / 3, it's not obvious at all. Good thing rank 1's are cheap, and Uncle Death is always happy to use that chainsaw. :D

I've seen that mentioned often, but I still don't understand what information that adds as opposed to just reading the station names right above the escalators themselves...

delSai

DOHHH

I shouldn't have went back into the waiting room. I can go from Imokawa Cho to 3rd floor? Thanks for the heads up.

I'm pretty sure you have to start from Ikegara again. Also if a Hater kills one of the Enemies, it wont count either. Can be pretty annoying. Gotta rush through the floors before anything gets killed.

big_z

What grade of fighter are you using?

Level 4. Not sure lower level fighters would even be able to do it due to dex requirement

Originally Posted by big_z
Trying to do challenge 133: equip a lightning element weapon and defeat 30 enemies. So I'm using a cleaver saber which i assume is lighting based since it sparks and has the icon but none of the kills are counting. What am I doing wrong?

hbkdx12

Yeah...

I go with this one for now. 😂

Right, most areas will have multiple escalators attached to them and every escalator is color coded and corresponds to the color and the direction the line is going on the map, for that area.

So if you're in an area where you look at the map and it has a green line going down to one area, a blue line going down to another area and an orange line going up to another area that means where your located has 3 escalators; 2 down escalators (a green and blue one) and an up escalator that's orange.

I've seen that mentioned often, but I still don't understand what information that adds as opposed to just reading the station names right above the escalators themselves...
You can. It's the same thing really but it's easier for me to spot the color of the escalator from a distance. This is useful if for whatever reason you're in a hurry like if a jackal shows up.

lionpants

I feel this is a good time to point out that you can press DOWN to open the map at any time. I am ashamed to admit how long it took me to discover this.

You can. It's the same thing really but it's easier for me to spot the color of the escalator from a distance. This is useful if for whatever reason you're in a hurry like if a jackal shows up.
I wish the escalator icon would match the color of the line on the Area Map.

NeoRausch

Right, most areas will have multiple escalators attached to them and every escalator is color coded and corresponds to the color and the direction the line is going on the map, for that area.

So if you're in an area where you look at the map and it has a green line going down to one area, a blue line going down to another area and an orange line going up to another area that means where your located has 3 escalators; 2 down escalators (a green and blue one) and an up escalator that's orange.

Ohhhhh! Thanks!

SnakeEyes

Banned
Ugh, I made the mistake of walking into the Lvl.3 JIN-DIE fight with one Sniper and one Assault Rifle. Died, then when I went to farm more cash to retrieve my character my 2nd-highest character got killed by a Hater.

Glad I had enough to buy a Rank 3 character, and now I need to level him up to retrieve my previous two characters, and then progress ~_~

lionpants

I love having a game this addicting. Watch Dogs 2 just came in the mail and I looked at it - put it on the table - picked up the controller and kept playing this.

lionpants

??

I'm not sure what you mean. The escalator railings match the color of the lines on the map so you know where each escalator is taking you.
When you open the Area Map by pressing DOWN on the D-Pad, there are little escalator icons with down or up arrows. I wish the color of these icons would match the color of the lines on the Floor Map.

This would let you see which way you should travel if you're looking for a specific escalator.

hbkdx12

When you open the Area Map by pressing DOWN on the D-Pad, there are little escalator icons with down or up arrows. I wish the color of these icons would match the color of the lines on the Floor Map.

This would let you see which way you should travel if you're looking for a specific escalator.
Oh right, on the left side. But those icons only show up once you discover them so in theory you'd have already seen what type of escalator it is.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
The thought of someone watching a replay and seeing me murder their dudes in seconds is pretty satisfying that I get disappointed whenever there aren't any guards. :|

hbkdx12

The thought of someone watching a replay and seeing me murder their dudes in seconds is pretty satisfying that I get disappointed whenever there aren't any guards. :|

I find the amount of people without guards to be genuinely baffling.

I've repeatedly seen high level people with thousands in both coins and SPL with no defenses at all.

I carved out a nice grind loop for these black metals. It's been pretty productive.

Also, someone mentioned this a few pages back and it's helped me tons so I figure it bears repeating. If at least one of your resources is below 1000 you apparently don't get raided. I've been doing this the past few nights where I have been saving money but getting my spl down under 1000 before going offline and I haven't been raided and i currently have over 120k in coins that no one has attempted to take. Pretty nifty if your looking to save up to for something In particular.

I don't know, if I saw a 0 Splithium base with 12000 coins I'd probably raid it. Unless there's something that keeps it from showing up in the system.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!

I've repeatedly seen high level people with thousands in both coins and SPL with no defenses at all.
Highest i've seen today is 15K for BOTH during a rescue. No guards.

Anyone got farming strats for silvershrooms? Gold and bronze are easier to find imo. My quest for picking up brainshrooms is bugged, it doesn't tick up when I gather them.

Grinchy

Banned
After over 15 hours of playing this game, I finally checked out the raiding. I can't believe how easy it is to get TONS of SPLithium this way. I was relying on daily bonuses and the scraps I was collecting. I also had no idea I needed to go through the tutorial raid to open up the ability to have more fighters. Yeah, I'm dumb.

hbkdx12

I don't know, if I saw a 0 Splithium base with 12000 coins I'd probably raid it. Unless there's something that keeps it from showing up in the system.
Oh, i absolutely would as well but that's the thing, under those circumstances i don't think you even show up on the raid list

Anyone got farming strats for silvershrooms? Gold and bronze are easier to find imo. My quest for picking up brainshrooms is bugged, it doesn't tick up when I gather them.

I've had issues with the brainshrooms and fish quests as well. They don't count when i pick them up for whatever reason

After over 15 hours of playing this game, I finally checked out the raiding. I can't believe how easy it is to get TONS of SPLithium this way. I was relying on daily bonuses and the scraps I was collecting. I also had no idea I needed to go through the tutorial raid to open up the ability to have more fighters. Yeah, I'm dumb.

Raids should be your main way to get SPL. any other way is just pretty insignificant. Although you can get quite a bunch from a good expedition or two

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Sheesh that final Freezer Upgrade was expansive because it did hurt to spend 126,000 SPLithium on it.

Does being higher rank (Silver or Gold) yield better raiding rewards?

taco543

So I personally hate myself to such an extreme for not starting this game until today, its magnificent. Pokemon took too much of my time, but I am loving this game so much so far.

Atkison04

What level do you have to reach for tier 5 toons to open up? I've hit level 23/24 and just wondering how much higher to unlock tier 5. I waisted all my golden snails leveling tier 4 because I thought that was max 😧

Baliis

Sheesh that final Freezer Upgrade was expansive because it did hurt to spend 126,000 SPLithium on it.

Does being higher rank (Silver or Gold) yield better raiding rewards?

You get 2000/2000 per raid at silver, 4000 at gold.

What level do you have to reach for tier 5 toons to open up? I've hit level 23/24 and just wondering how much higher to unlock tier 5. I waisted all my golden snails leveling tier 4 because I thought that was max ��

Grinchy

Banned
So I personally hate myself to such an extreme for not starting this game until today, its magnificent. Pokemon took too much of my time, but I am loving this game so much so far.

This game is like Dark Souls + Monster Hunter for me. You can't really come up with a better gaming combination.

So I'm reading some things about some rooms not always being available? Is there info on that detailed somewhere? I want to finish up my stamps on floors 6-8, but now I'm reading that they aren't always open...

It's not worth the opportunity cost of not having your fighters on expeditions. Plus you run the chance of them getting captured.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
You know what's fun?

Dying because the game takes too long to load the textures for a weapon you have equipped. :|

FUCK THAT.

C'mon devs.

Volcynika

Floor 30 boss taken down on the first try. The slow time shrooms were just enough for me to finish it off. Not sure if I should work on hunting down more mats or see if I can unlock the next level of fighters (or if I even can at this point with my weapons).

Also, still can't find a reliable guide for Tales from the Barbs. Need pages 2 and 4 of Vol 3 now.

Top Bottom