• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let It Die |OT| F2P roguelike Dark Souls with a skateboarding skeleton

big_z

Trying to do challenge 133: equip a lightning element weapon and defeat 30 enemies. So I'm using a cleaver saber which i assume is lighting based since it sparks and has the icon but none of the kills are counting. What am I doing wrong?

delSai

Finally got the chance to play for more than 10 minutes again. Made it up to F23 where i got crushed by the boss. Got hit once and that was it lol. Any tips for the fight?

Trying to do challenge 133: equip a lightning element weapon and defeat 30 enemies. So I'm using a cleaver saber which i assume is lighting based since it sparks and has the icon but none of the kills are counting. What am I doing wrong?

I think it's bugged to be honest.

Azriell

I'm sure the veterans know this, but for newbies like myself: I just figured out you can kill beasts (frogs, etc) by shooting them with the firework launcher and it cooks it, too. Cooking food makes it heal more (I think frogs go from 60 to 100, for example). I usually run floor 1 to stock up on food before I climb, and using the ever common firework launcher to cook what I catch makes this much more beneficial.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
F30 boss is now in my reach!

Going to do that later on. Need a break after going 21 to 30 like that, ha.

I will say, the trap room on 28 is a LOT easier than the 22 one. It's less risky since it's 5 1v1 fights.

Oh and FUCK Bone Tuber MK4. They are terrifying.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Any leveling tips? Just unlocked Grade 2 and am starting a fresh fighter.

Honestly, the best thing you can do early on is just run fresh through the tower. It works on your weapon mastery, gets you some coins, gives you XP, and allows you to farm some mats.

Quick leveling your fighter becomes a bigger deal when you unlock grade 4 and 5.

So far I'm finding the assault rifle underwhelming.

It's good against robots, but so is any gun. Against screamers, however, it doesn't do enough damage before they close the gap.

Am I missing something? Right now, I just wish I had the sniper BP. Guess I'll try the nail gun.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So far I'm finding the assault rifle underwhelming.

It's good against robots, but so is any gun. Against screamers, however, it doesn't do enough damage before they close the gap.

Am I missing something? Right now, I just wish I had the sniper BP. Guess I'll try the nail gun.

AR is amazing when you upgrade it and have the mastery high enough. Head shots for days. Of course, shooter is the only class with any real dex to see the returns. But when using AR, it's about 1-3 shot bursts. You shouldn't rely on ranges damage alone, so pack a Dex based option for when you can't deal with the gap. Something to remember...Run and get the advantage. High ground to pick them off as they climb up is ideal. But even low ground gives you a few free shots as they regain their balance.

Nail Gun and Fireworks break armor really well, so level those. Magnum says fuck you to blocking (but it's aim is wonky). Sniper is wonderful for picking things off and bossing.

Is it possible to upgrade existing fighters to grade 2 and so on? Do you guys just toss the lower grade fighters?

Nope. Use your lower grade fighters for expeditions. Send them out from the freezer to the highest floor you can. Gets you money, food, gear, and splithium. Once you're ready to start diversifying, that's when you start trashing your low grade dudes. Remember that they lose anything on them if you trash them, so stash it away before deleting them.

delSai

Is it possible to upgrade existing fighters to grade 2 and so on? Do you guys just toss the lower grade fighters?

You have to start new fighters, no upgrading.
You can send your old fighters on expeditions or set 'em up as defenders. Maybe keep one in the freezer in case your Grade 2 dies and you need to farm KillCoins to get him back.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
What grade of fighter are you using?

Volcynika

Progressed and beat
Coen
on the upper 20s, then had a bit of despair once I tried to reach the elevator the floor after. Was able to swing around and open the other gate on the boss floor at least, so I won't be required to beat the boss.

Volcynika

Finally got the chance to play for more than 10 minutes again. Made it up to F23 where i got crushed by the boss. Got hit once and that was it lol. Any tips for the fight?

Upgraded iron (second tier) and transparungus was enough to win the fight for me.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Progressed and beat
Coen
on the upper 20s, then had a bit of despair once I tried to reach the elevator the floor after. Was able to swing around and open the other gate on the boss floor at least, so I won't be required to beat the boss.

Ran into the same issue like an hour ago haha. Go get your 30F elevator, kill the boss, start working to 35. That's my plan. Once I have grade 5, I'll go back and start cleaning up the 20's.

Demoskinos

Ran into the same issue like an hour ago haha. Go get your 30F elevator, kill the boss, start working to 35. That's my plan. Once I have grade 5, I'll go back and start cleaning up the 20's.

Just pray you don't try to get to 35 on a day where the tower rotation makes you fight both mini-bosses back to back.

After tons of planning and preparations I finally beat the floor 23 boss. Got to 25, got my 4 Star fighters and I'm ready for the horrors that await me above!

Cyborg

Hmm is this game good? I see some realy crappy weapons and armors in the beginning.

Could anyone sum it up for me? Is it realy Dark Souls level of fighting/hardness and story?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
What's a good path to 30F elevator?

I went:

Kanie -> Shimemeno -> Shinko-Bashi ->Hyakuda -> Hashidaka ->Saigetsu

96P8pafl.jpg

E: lol Crowley was a joke. Rolled a 4 on the dice and only had to fight 1 guy. Apparently the dice roll can impact the fight.

He was easy. Slow shroom + Sting shroom + Axe = win win win win.

Crossing Eden

Hmm is this game good? I see some realy crappy weapons and armors in the beginning.

Could anyone sum it up for me? Is it realy Dark Souls level of fighting/hardness and story?
The more you level up the less like Dark Souls it seems. Weapons you find are ALWAYS shit when it comes to things like durability. Gives you incentive to explore and find blueprints/materials in order to get much more durable and upgradable items. Also there's a skateboarding skeleton and it's free so you got nothing to lose but time by trying it out. Never before has this studio released a game that plays this smoothly imho. They finally got animation to look really quick but not janky so it's fun to see things like the goretastic attacks. Its really good despite some annoyances like crafting timers.

I've read that this game will get additional content in form of new floors in the future.

Has this been confirmed?

Also as I just started out the other day some stupid questions from a beginner:

- Can you repair your weapons/armor or get new ammo for your guns?

- Should I spend my materials to upgrade the items I found or save them for some specific good items I may find later?

- When is it possible to level up your character beyond the first 25 level?

- Is it worth it to spend 50k for the mushroom soup?

Thanks in advance for any helpful answer!

Crossing Eden

I've read that this game will get additional content in form of new floors in the future.

Has this been confirmed?
Yes, with some more pvp options too.

Pretty sure there are shrooms for both of these options but otherwise no. Sell guns after they run out of ammo unless you have dragon shrooms.

Should I spend my materials to upgrade the items I found or save them for some sepcific good items I may find later?
upgrade your items. All items are incredibly viable the more you upgrade them, I'm still rocking the hammers and machete since they're upgraded and thus do major damage.

When is it possible to level up your character beyond the first 25 level?
Once you get to a high enough floor, (I think either 6 or 7) you unlock grade 2 fighters. Which can go to level 50 and generally are stronger. It's good to save up golden animals specifically so that when you unlock higher tier fighters you can immediately level them up via the consumption of a golden animal. Which give you like 4500 xp.

Is it worth it to spend 50k for the mushroom soup?
pretty sure this gives you permanent decals that don't disappear.

delSai

Has this been confirmed?

- Should I spend my materials to upgrade the items I found or save them for some sepcific good items I may find later?

1. The Devs confirmed more floors are coming. Also more Weapons and all that
2. Nope, cant repair, cant buy ammo. Sell empty guns. Edit: I guess there are shrooms, but you cant repair stuff in the waiting room or elsewhere.
3. I usually upgrade my stuff whenever possible unless there's something i really want, then i keep the mats instead of using 'em.
4. You will unlock Grade 2 characters after beating the first real boss on Floor 10.
5. Yup, it is. Gets you one random, permanent Decal.

hbkdx12

Anyone know how long it takes for materials to start dropping again from bosses/chests? Seems like after 4 or so drops the games wont give you more.

From my experience last night, i think it resets about every hour or so.

Has this been confirmed?

- Should I spend my materials to upgrade the items I found or save them for some sepcific good items I may find later?

The devs have stated they will be adding more floors to the tower and more things to utilize in your waiting room i believe

You can't repair weapons or get more ammo until you start finding certain mushrooms which are pretty high up in the tower. If a gun runs out of ammo your 3 basic options are to toss it, hold on to it and sell it or use it for rage and gortastic kills as those two things use no ammo

Find weapons you like and focus on both upgrading and mastering them. Upgrading a weapon 4 times will unlock the next tier of that weapon which does way more damage but at the same time it'll require mats that you probably don't have access to. I think its best to just min-max the stuff you building unless you're sitting on a bunch of mats that you just want to put to use to clear up storage slots (which i guarantee you will eventually fill up and run out of)

I believe when you get to floor 6 you can choose different characters besides all rounders but getting to floor 10 will unlock the next grade of fighters that have a higher level cap

the mushroom soup can be super hit or miss but overall i'd say it's worth it particularly if your purposely trying to spend down extra funds (so you don't get raided too much when you go offline for example) In the early game i wouldn't say it something you need to prioritize

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Here's a huge tip I wish I would have known starting out.

Mushrooms are completely expendable (outside of skillshrooms). Use them and learn how to take advantage of them on the earlier floors where the risk is low. You will thank yourself later.

hbkdx12

I've started using the free 1 day express passes i had stacked up a few days ago and man the benefits you get from it aren't game breaking or OP but are good enough that you completely miss them when they're gone

Also this little budding relationship you eventually get into with the elevator lady is kind of adorable. She also gives you free rage after a while when you step off the elevator

tariniel

Finally made it to the 19F elevator. Almost ejaculated from relief.

I tried last night, I beat the boss on floor 16 with my grade 2 collector, and instead of trying to retreat back to the elevator I pressed on. I got up to 18 or 19 and died to a very obvious trap in a narrow alley with a golden case.

Too expensive to buy back that fighter so I just bought a newly-unlocked grade 3 and started over. Most other games if I lost progress like that I would have quit, but this game is strangely addicting to the point that I was looking forward to starting this new character. I then proceeded to die on floor 1, and 3, to OP as fuck haters. This game is getting serious.

Also man the fists were doing so little damage when I was trying to progress past floor 15ish. Guess I need to start bringing legit weapons with me instead of relying on finding things on the floor. It is so stressful now to progress. I kept saying "please have an elevator on the next floor, please" and it didn't happen :(

Crossing Eden

I've started using the free 1 day express passes i had stacked up a few days ago and man the benefits you get from it aren't game breaking or OP but are good enough that you completely miss them when they're gone

Also this little budding relationship you eventually get into with the elevator lady is kind of adorable. She also gives you free rage after a while when you step off the elevator
I have like six of these, what are the benefits?

Demoskinos

Quite a lot.

• 10 Extra Inventory Slots
  • Free Raids
  • No Elevator Costs
  • During Raids you take the Express Train that lets you leave whenver instead of having to wait 90sec
  • Every day you log in you get a free random decal that are premium exclusive

hbkdx12

1. Free elevator usage
  2. 10 extra death bag slots
  3. Zero costs for raids
  4. A pretty fancy express train for raids that allows you to back out of a raid immediately rather than have to wait a minute and a half for the train doors to open back up
  5. Free daily login rewards, mostly free decals it seems but they've been pretty good

So what happens to the +10 bag space when the pass expires? It goes away? Items in the slots send to your mail or something or is that a permanent +10?

if your express pass runs out with items in those slots they get sent to your reward box

delSai

So what happens to the +10 bag space when the pass expires? It goes away? Items in the slots send to your mail or something or is that a permanent +10?

You'll only have the +10 for as long as the pass is active, when its over the stuff in it gets send to the reward box.

ObsidianG

I have like 20 invisibility mushrooms saved up from expeditions while I was farming GOTO on floor 11, so I have been using them liberally on every new boss encounter! I have also found them while doing the run from floor 16 to floor 19 if you don't want to wait for expeditions to return. They can't hurt what they can't see!

I tried last night, I beat the boss on floor 16 with my grade 2 collector, and instead of trying to retreat back to the elevator I pressed on. I got up to 18 or 19 and died to a very obvious trap in a narrow alley with a golden case.

Too expensive to buy back that fighter so I just bought a newly-unlocked grade 3 and started over. Most other games if I lost progress like that I would have quit, but this game is strangely addicting to the point that I was looking forward to starting this new character. I then proceeded to die on floor 1, and 3, to OP as fuck haters. This game is getting serious.

Also man the fists were doing so little damage when I was trying to progress past floor 15ish. Guess I need to start bringing legit weapons with me instead of relying on finding things on the floor. It is so stressful now to progress. I kept saying "please have an elevator on the next floor, please" and it didn't happen :(
At least you can bypass the boss next time around. Would have been super fucked up if it made you do the boss and then all the other floors till 19F on one dude.

PSA: Collectors have a huge amount of luck compared to everyone else except Lucky Stars, and not ever too far away from them. At rank 3, everyone else has max luck in the 20s, collectors in the 40s, and Lucky Stars in the 60s. Considering their otherwise pretty decent stats and huge bag, I'm feeling they're the go-to option for harvesting runs, even if you mostly need money.

Also, does the shotgun half of the time for anyone else, even point blank? The bullets sometimes go straight through enemies without hurting them at all. I'm considering skipping it altogether until they fix it.

ObsidianG

PSA: Collectors have a huge amount of luck compared to everyone else except Lucky Stars, and not ever too far away from them. At rank 3, everyone else has max luck in the 20s, collectors in the 40s, and Lucky Stars in the 60s. Considering their otherwise pretty decent stats and huge bag, I'm feeling they're the go-to option for harvesting runs, even if you mostly need money.

Also, does the shotgun half of the time for anyone else, even point blank? The bullets sometimes go straight through enemies without hurting them at all. I'm considering skipping it altogether until they fix it.

I second collectors, they have good HP, decent stats and can loot all of the things! An added bonus is that once you are done leveling a character, that's an extra 30 is storage space in your freezer for random items and mats.

I wasn't a big fan of the pitbull shotgun either, the AR seemed like a better investment of my war ensemble green mats. I hear there is a similar but elemental version of this weapon type blueprint in 21-30, I hope that weapon is better!

Quick question about the Poison Eater decal. Does it make you gain HP if you're poisoned ANY way? Or does it just make an eaten doomshroom give you HP?

Also how the hell do you cook stuff like doomshrooms and boomshrooms? Whenever I throw them in a fire they just explode.

Zabka

Quick question about the Poison Eater decal. Does it make you gain HP if you're poisoned ANY way? Or does it just make an eaten doomshroom give you HP?

Also how the hell do you cook stuff like doomshrooms and boomshrooms? Whenever I throw them in a fire they just explode.

Any poison works. Snails will be your friend.

Get close to the fire you can safely place it in with X. The icon on the bottom of the screen should change to show it's possible.

Syysch

I wasn't a big fan of the pitbull shotgun either, the AR seemed like a better investment of my war ensemble green mats. I hear there is a similar but elemental version of this weapon type blueprint in 21-30, I hope that weapon is better!

Sadly it's kinda the same - similar range and suffers from RNG pellet dispersal, also has a little charge time before firing. Point blank shots wreck things though. I havent used it on a shooter to know its damage potential, but the occasional bad RNG that throws your pellets around the target into a flat out miss makes it kinda dangerous to use (the pellets expand outward like you'd expect from a net gun but with no net), because it's either that or test your skill at judging the charge time vs someone hitting you at melee range.

Crossing Eden

Free Elevator Rides and +10 DeathBag Space. One free Decal and free raiding.
Quite a lot.

• 10 Extra Inventory Slots
  • Free Raids
  • No Elevator Costs
  • During Raids you take the Express Train that lets you leave whenver instead of having to wait 90sec
  • Every day you log in you get a free random decal that are premium exclusive
  1. Free elevator usage
  2. 10 extra death bag slots
  3. Zero costs for raids
  4. A pretty fancy express train for raids that allows you to back out of a raid immediately rather than have to wait a minute and a half for the train doors to open back up
  5. Free daily login rewards, mostly free decals it seems but they've been pretty good

if your express pass runs out with items in those slots they get sent to your reward box
That's insane.

ObsidianG

Sadly it's kinda the same - similar range and suffers from RNG pellet dispersal, also has a little charge time before firing. Point blank shots wreck things though. I havent used it on a shooter to know its damage potential, but the occasional bad RNG that throws your pellets around the target into a flat out miss makes it kinda dangerous to use (the pellets expand outward like you'd expect from a net gun but with no net), because it's either that or test your skill at judging the charge time vs someone hitting you at melee range.

Ahh that's a bummer, but thank you for the update! I'll stick to the AR as my go to gun, even though I dread farming Jin Die on higher levels for war ensemble materials.

Top Bottom