• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let It Die |OT| F2P roguelike Dark Souls with a skateboarding skeleton

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Floor 30 boss taken down on the first try. The slow time shrooms were just enough for me to finish it off. Not sure if I should work on hunting down more mats or see if I can unlock the next level of fighters (or if I even can at this point with my weapons).

Also, still can't find a reliable guide for Tales from the Barbs. Need pages 2 and 4 of Vol 3 now.

31+ is rough. Things hit HARD. Be careful and you may be able to manage, but I'm contemplating going back and farming.

Volcynika

31+ is rough. Things hit HARD. Be careful and you may be able to manage, but I'm contemplating going back and farming.

I might attempt to farm 31/32 for items/blueprints/etc and see how I hold up. I know I am definitely going to need some new and more powerful weapons.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Jesus people are so careless tonight with their banks and splthium, so careless that I realized that I had accumulated over 80K for for both just from raids. o_O

JJD

Any good guides?

Man I totally would pay 60 bucks for this game. I can't stop laughing at all the silly things it throws at me.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Can someone tell me a way to dodge the bone tubers? You know the running, slashing, rolling robot enemies?

They're really hard to deal with, especially when you hit the MK4 variant. They teleport onto you and do crazy damage. They just fly across the map, ha.

Running away is a good start at first. Bait them into attacking so you can sneak in. That's about all you can do right now. A ranged weapon will help. When they go into defense mode and you can't deal any damage, a rage move with your fist will knock them down and open them up for a beating.

Any good guides?

Man I totally would pay 60 bucks for this game. I can't stop laughing at all the silly things it throws at me.

There's some info all over the internet, but this thread is FULL of goodies. If you spend some time browsing through it, you're bound to get a good helping of tips and tricks. The last 10 pages or so seem to have a lot of new players diving in. As a result, lots of good questions/answers have been put out there.

What sort of info are you looking for in particular?

Unrelated, got myself up to F34 to farm some blueprints and open myself up to 30+ expeditions for those glorious Guardshrooms. Managed a bunch of armor and 1 weapon - Pork Chopper. <3 Going to grind that bastard as high as I can. Once I have it, I'll start running some more black metal chests to get a full set of crafted 3* armor. Red Metal is WAY too hard to get at the moment. Shit hits SO hard in the 30's, ha.

Any weapon suggestions for 11-20 floors? Having trouble with some of the quick machete dudes. They do so much damage.

First and foremost, get to work on some decent armor. That alone will save you some heartache. Start stockpiling the shit that drops off of your foes as a backup (that's what I still do in the 30's).

I liked Claws, Butterfly Knives, and Hammer. I think you have access to all of those at your point. Hammer carried me for a while due to that 20 mastery damage boost. Claws are super fast, as are Knives.

Alternatively, fight fire with fire - counter hit with machete!

hbkdx12

It's not worth the opportunity cost of not having your fighters on expeditions. Plus you run the chance of them getting captured.
Yeah i can see that. I have 5 fighters on defense and 3 that i use for expeditions. I may shift those numbers a bit

Any weapon suggestions for 11-20 floors? Having trouble with some of the quick machete dudes. They do so much damage.

I'm guessing you don't have a blueprint for the machete? It's pretty ace. The hammer does good work though. The iron, although not critical on those floors, come in handy in the 20s so it may be worth it for you to start mastery on that if you can

KrebStar

Picking up a couple of Jackal blueprints really killed my momentum, as the material requirements for those things is absurd. I'm just not sure I have it in me to do all that grinding for some flashy gear with seemingly lower numbers than the normal stuff.

hbkdx12

The spear is so good. I've hit full mastery without even have BPs for it. I really need to find it

I swear i must have the worst luck when it comes to perm decals. I've must've bougth 8-10 mushroom stews and most of the decals are absolute trash that it'll never use.

The last 4 i got were

• Decrease to dex requirement
  • 50% decrease in stamina from dodging
  • and 2 less damage when on fire

Mushroom lady hates me :(

lionpants

And there's the Fee To Pay wall.

I lost my two level 50s on Floor 14. So I tried to grind some raids to be able to afford to retrieve them. Ended up losing the rest of my fighters to raids and level 50 haters ganking me while trying to scrounge up enough gold to buy some gear.

The problem with upgrading gear, is that it is so expensive in a scenario like this where I have basically lost everything.

I swear the game cheats. A naked level 30 hater one shot me with her fists and I was fully armored.

My only option is to create a 0 cost Grade 1 fighter now and try to level him up again and hope I don't get ganked by level 50 haters. Just thinking about doing that again... ugh.

Pretty annoyed right now, I was really enjoying the game.

I lost my two level 50s on Floor 14. So I tried to grind some raids to be able to afford to retrieve them. Ended up losing the rest of my fighters to raids and level 50 haters ganking me while trying to scrounge up enough gold to buy some gear.

The problem with upgrading gear, is that it is so expensive in a scenario like this where I have basically lost everything.

I swear the game cheats. A naked level 30 hater one shot me with her fists and I was fully armored.

My only option is to create a 0 cost Grade 1 fighter now and try to level him up again and hope I don't get ganked by level 50 haters. Just thinking about doing that again... ugh.

I don't get paying $60 for a shitty game you barely play (for me Star Wars Battlefront comes to mind) but being unwilling to buy a $5 pack of 30 death metals to help the grind.

big_z

I don't get paying $60 for a shitty game you barely play (for me Star Wars Battlefront comes to mind) but being unwilling to buy a $5 pack of 30 death metals to help the grind.

Ya the game made me give in and buy the one time death metal option. I think it's fair given the time I've spent playing however 4 metals went to waste due to bugs or connection issues so I'm not thrilled.

Maybe I'm crazy but the game runs noticeably worse than when at launch and the connection issues have gotten worse. Tons of bugs as well, there's at least six challenges that don't work at all, two or three of which are for death metals.

Anyone else been having trouble with level geometry not completely loading the past couple of days? The geometry is still physically there, but it's largely invisible. On one hand it's kind of useful in a wall hack way because I can see where all the nearby enemies and items are. On the other, it makes it hard to creep around corners I can't see and I get paranoid I'm going to fall through a hole I can't actually see.

ok I'm officially stuck in a loop. I cant get past level 13.

11F Maka Tutsmi -> 12F Seyanne -> 13F Momohara -> 12F Ukangoaka -> 11F Maka Tutsmi

How do I advance beyond this? It's a nice closed circuit exp run though! Provided you can get past the asshole bone tubers in fun town.

What are some of your guys favorite armor sets from floors 1-20, whether it be looks or stats? I'm currently rocking Dark Ryback armor/pants with Spec Ops cap.

What are some of your guys favorite armor sets from floors 1-20, whether it be looks or stats? I'm currently rocking Dark Ryback armor/pants with Spec Ops cap.

Dark Ryback E. It's materials are easy to find. My current one is at 130 defense.
Assault Force pants. 78 defense
Steel Tribe helmet +2. 31 defense.

Syysch

ok I'm officially stuck in a loop. I cant get past level 13.

11F Maka Tutsmi -> 12F Seyanne -> 13F Momohara -> 12F Ukangoaka -> 11F Maka Tutsmi

How do I advance beyond this? It's a nice closed circuit exp run though! Provided you can get past the asshole bone tubers in fun town.

Do you mean your f13 is locked? Did you kill the f11 boss? I think he's the one you have to loop around and come in from the top for. Red locks = have to kill a boss to activate the switch for unlocking. Green locks = available to open from the appropriate side (no way to tell from the map which side that is as far as i know).

Aselith

Doctor Drill +4 gives you the best amount of extra HP
Dark Ryback +4 pants and shirt as they are cheap and give good protection
I don't use tier 2 armor to save the money

For quick cash, you should always have your spare characters doing expedition. In your case, if all of them are dead,minus a low level, farm lower floors and use mushrooms on haters, sleep shrooms should be common and can really make the fights easier. Hell you could probably just farm the haters in the first floor until you have enough for better weapons and armor to try to get back your mains

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

I have a few comments here.

You weren't one shot by a naked fist Hater. I guarantee that. Not if you were fully armored. Either there was a glitch and his weapon didn't load or you're not telling us something haha. I know this because I've been caught off guard by high level naked Haters and caught in a 3 hit combo. Survived with more than enough health...

As for the situation you're in, it sound a like you're playing a bit wrecklessly. I don't mean that in a demeaning way - I just mean that you need to not be too comfortable no matter how good you think you are. It only gets scarier as you go. I was ambushed by 4 enemies with different sorts of weapons on 33 yesterday. It was scary as shit - I was creeping around a corner and they climbed over the side and charged me. I believe in the power of the mushrooms!

One thing to remember is that you can Let It Die. Create a fresh character and move on. Unless you had some crazy rare stuff on your character, treat him/her as an it and dispose of it. Otherwise, as others have said, run the lower floors to raise mastery and get some cash. It's important to remember that you should be equipping whatever people drop so that you are always geared. Obviously keep your crafted stuff around and on, but if a 2* weapon drops l, even at low durability, mess around with it. Same with armor.

The game is very fascinating. There are things with it that I should HATE, but I can't stop playing it because it's so damn rewarding. One of the big issues the game has (unrelated to bugs ha) would be that there are a lot of mechanics and such that could use an extra bit of information to help guide people.

Aselith

I have a few comments here.

You weren't one shot by a naked fist Hater. I guarantee that. Not if you were fully armored. Either there was a glitch and his weapon didn't load or you're not telling us something haha. I know this because I've been caught off guard by high level naked Haters and caught in a 3 hit combo. Survived with more than enough health...

As for the situation you're in, it sound a like you're playing a bit wrecklessly. I don't mean that in a demeaning way - I just mean that you need to not be too comfortable no matter how good you think you are. It only gets scarier as you go. I was ambushed by 4 enemies with different sorts of weapons on 33 yesterday. It was scary as shit - I was creeping around a corner and they climbed over the side and charged me. I believe in the power of the mushrooms!

One thing to remember is that you can Let It Die. Create a fresh character and move on. Unless you had some crazy rare stuff on your character, treat him/her as an it and dispose of it. Otherwise, as others have said, run the lower floors to raise mastery and get some cash. It's important to remember that you should be equipping whatever people drop so that you are always geared. Obviously keep your crafted stuff around and on, but if a 2* weapon drops l, even at low durability, mess around with it. Same with armor.

The game is very fascinating. There are things with it that I should HATE, but I can't stop playing it because it's so damn rewarding. One of the big issues the game has (unrelated to bugs ha) would be that there are a lot of mechanics and such that could use an extra bit of information to help guide people.

He might have got one shorted by someone with a claw and it looked like a fist to him

Ya the game made me give in and buy the one time death metal option. I think it's fair given the time I've spent playing however 4 metals went to waste due to bugs or connection issues so I'm not thrilled.

Maybe I'm crazy but the game runs noticeably worse than when at launch and the connection issues have gotten worse. Tons of bugs as well, there's at least six challenges that don't work at all, two or three of which are for death metals.

Wow $5. Don't overextend yourself there.

I have spent $34 on 90 Death metals. I still have about 25 or so and I'm more than halfway done with the Tower. It has made the grind much easier and let me focus on other things like playing guitar and going out. I have no problem spending ~$50 or so on this game because it's totally worth the price regular title.

And I'm not rich. Just not cheap ;)

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Do I really have to run the fucking gauntlet from U-10 to Koen in order to reach floor 35? There's no way around one? Jesus.

Certain rotations of the tower exist where this is apparently the case, yes. I'm still working my way to 35, so I don't know for sure. But if I did the 32 fight, 34 would have been open. I managed to avoid any boss up to that point via side paths.

Wait a minute did I miss something here?
Where can I exchange gold for death metals?

Wait lets clear this up

You cant buy DM's with Killcoins
You can however sell DM for Killcoins

I was confused at the start too. But only way to get DM's is from random Captain Yotusama bonuses, completing quests from the Arcade, or spending your real hard earned money.

Do you mean your f13 is locked? Did you kill the f11 boss? I think he's the one you have to loop around and come in from the top for. Red locks = have to kill a boss to activate the switch for unlocking. Green locks = available to open from the appropriate side (no way to tell from the map which side that is as far as i know).
Crap I didnt know there was F11 boss? Gotta find him then.

Certain rotations of the tower exist where this is apparently the case, yes. I'm still working my way to 35, so I don't know for sure. But if I did the 32 fight, 34 would have been open. I managed to avoid any boss up to that point via side paths.

I need to figure out what this rotation is. The Koen fight up there is ridiculous.

Aselith

Crap I didnt know there was F11 boss? Gotta find him then.

You go up before you fight the F11 boss, you fight him on the way back down

If you can't find a way up, explore any lower floors that you haven't been to. Just look for greyed out floors or lines that dont lead anywhere.

Also look for green locks as beating a boss unlocks some paths that were locked.

You go up before you fight the F11 boss, you fight him on the way back down

If you can't find a way up, explore any lower floors that you haven't been to. Just look for greyed out floors or lines that dont lead anywhere.

Also look for green locks as beating a boss unlocks some paths that were locked.

Thanks. I dont know what I'd do without Gaf. Probably left this game after a couple of hours.

Just got to 21F Akamai. Don't want to spoil anything but man, a lot of creativity went into this area. Looks like the grind up to the 20s was well worth it.

So I made it to 23. Is the shortcut open to avoid the boss so I can grab tier 4 fighters before fighting?

hbkdx12

Welding gun worth investing time in?

Im in the process of upgrading it now. I got it to level 12 mastery i think and so far it's pretty underwhelming. It's like a very short range shotgun that needs charging and sometimes you can shoot duds. The rage move is nice as it welds the enemies feet to the floor and they can't move

Top Bottom