• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let It Die |OT| F2P roguelike Dark Souls with a skateboarding skeleton

Im in the process of upgrading it now. I got it to level 12 mastery i think and so far it's pretty underwhelming. It's like a very short range shotgun that needs charging and sometimes you can shoot duds. The rage move is nice as it welds the enemies feet to the floor and they can't move

Hmm..guess I'll give it a spin. Thanks.

hbkdx12

I'm thinking of getting the fire wand but the low ammo count doesn't inspire much confidence. It makes me feel like it either sucks or it's going to be one of those "too good to use" items. Anyone tried it?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Just got to 21F Akamai. Don't want to spoil anything but man, a lot of creativity went into this area. Looks like the grind up to the 20s was well worth it.

So I made it to 23. Is the shortcut open to avoid the boss so I can grab tier 4 fighters before fighting?

Wait until you see 31. It gets pretty weird and awesome.

Re: welding gun. It's OK. I believe that, with the right amount of upgrades into it, it can one shot a bunch of dudes. Put the boosted electricity damage on it and it's even more potent. But the charge time is kind of hard to get used to.

I'm thinking of getting the fire wand but the low ammo count doesn't inspire much confidence. It makes me feel like it either sucks or it's going to be one of those "too good to use" items. Anyone tried it?

Fire Wand in it's unupgraded state appears to suck. I need to upgrade them and invest some time into the mastery, though. Fire breaks armor pretty well, so there's that?

Now if you want to invest in a 31+ weapon besides the Pork Chopper and Motor Psycho (which I still haven't snagged), I would say the Pitching Machine and the Bowling Mace thing. Holy shit those two weapons are aces.

hbkdx12

Fire Wand in it's unupgraded state appears to suck. I need to upgrade them and invest some time into the mastery, though. Fire breaks armor pretty well, so there's that?

Now if you want to invest in a 31+ weapon besides the Pork Chopper and Motor Psycho (which I still haven't snagged), I would say the Pitching Machine and the Bowling Mace thing. Holy shit those two weapons are aces.

ok gotcha. I had a hater drop a fire wand once and i used it a bit. It seemed cool but it seemed like one of those things where you want it to be able to one shot or just about. In time i suppose

I've been upgrading the pitching machine. Here's to hoping that it turns out to be an underrated gem like the iron

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
ok gotcha. I had a hater drop a fire wand once and i used it a bit. It seemed cool but it seemed like one of those things where you want it to be able to one shot or just about. In time i suppose

I've been upgrading the pitching machine. Here's to hoping that it turns out to be an underrated gem like the iron

Pitching machine has saved my ass a few times in the 30's. It's SUPER strong. Paired with a shooter or an infinite ammo shroom and it's a gatling gun of fun.

I did

Can no one tell me about the shortcut to 25?

Not sure if I'm ready for the 23 boss with my tier 3 Defender.

I don't remember the name, I havent played the game in a few days outside of logging in to get my rewards. The shortcut is 22-25-29 though.

Edit: Actually, I found it after I beat the boss on 23, so it might be behind a locked gate now that I think about it.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
I got a fire wand blueprint around the time I hit floor 5 or 6. I could tell from the materials that that dropped a little early lol.
Glad i'm not the only one. Have had it for ages. &#3237;_&#3237; OH SHIT my daily box contained the blueprint for the poison claws. Uncle Death is <3

Sande

Do you lose everything in the death bag if you kill your own hater or is it as good as salvaging them?

Tooootally unrelated *cough*, I just hate it when literally no enemies drop anything. Usually I'm constantly tripping over ARs and sniper rifles but now I died when I simply ran out of weapons and couldn't get more.

Aselith

Do you lose everything in the death bag if you kill your own hater or is it as good as salvaging them?

Tooootally unrelated *cough*, I just hate it when literally no enemies drop anything. Usually I'm constantly tripping over ARs and sniper rifles but now I died when I simply ran out of weapons and couldn't get more.

You lose it all

Yep, the only thing you keep are premium decals. You lose items, decals, and any money or splithium gained on that run

Tried the game yesterday, and its charming and addicting! I played Bloodborne, so I'm used to this type of gameplay.

Just one complaint: Attacks are delayed... I press the attack button and 1 second passes for my character to react.

So is there any character I should focus on when trying to farm metals, like from 22F Kawabe? Does using the luck character help at all? Been running with the collector primarily. Went 5 times:

Empty
Shotgun
Empty
Candle black
Empty

Not finding that as amusing as I'm sure they think it is..

Well that sucks. Knowing I can loss money because somebody raids my saferoom is gonna be a huge turn off if it keeps happening.

Just spend all your coins before logging off

I always have all my fighters out on expeditions and I've been raided only once or twice and they got shit

Aselith

Well that sucks. Knowing I can loss money because somebody raids my saferoom is gonna be a huge turn off if it keeps happening.

A certain amount of your money is safe from raiding so you won't lost it all. Best this to do is spend most of it on gear or whatever before you log off that way you're ready to go when you get on again.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
I got raided last night and all they got was 500. :) It's only if you're doing some ridiculous shit like leaving 100K in your bank that you should be absolutely worried about being a huge target for players. Myself included.

Smilebomb

Neo Member
So is there a quick way to farming MILK black metal and Candle Wolf Black metal, or is it seriously just RNG with the boss and chests?

hbkdx12

Holy hell

Put me down on team no defenders. Sending out 9 fighters on expeditions and seeing all the rewards is like christmas. Even when half of it is crap

I'm basically at the point of grinding this out like a F2P mobile game. Send everyone out on hr expeditions, log off and then come back and hr or so later, collect/sell the rewards and then rinse and repeat.

hbkdx12

So is there a quick way to farming MILK black metal and Candle Wolf Black metal, or is it seriously just RNG with the boss and chests?

As far as i can tell, all the metals are RNG. There's no guaranteed way to get a specific metal everytime from a specific location

For example. the chest in kawabe drops black metals but i've seen Dod, milk and candle wolf. I've also seen green metals show up in this chest as well.

Goto on 23F only drops the candle wolf black metal as far as metals go but she doesn't drop it every single time

The game also employs some kind of cooldown to prevent excessive farming and stupid things like weapons and gear will show up in their place instead.

It's just luck :/

lionpants

And I'm back. Even after my rage yesterday.

Game is addicting.

I admit I was being a bit too rushy last night for some reason so that could explain some deaths. But there was a naked invader that one shot me with fists. Maybe the weapons just didn't load like someone said.

Anyway, I bought the one time 30 metals and have started a new grade 2 fighter.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

Game is addicting.

I admit I was being a bit too rushy last night for some reason so that could explain some deaths. But there was a naked invader that one shot me with fists. Maybe the weapons just didn't load like someone said.

Welcome back. :3

Ask questions!

Also, found the Motor Psycho BP just now on 25 while wandering for materials. Life is good.

hbkdx12

Game is addicting.

I know that pain senpai :(

Allonym

There should be more tampons in gaming
I hate the jump in difficulty between the tiers of floors. I'm in the 20's and it isn't so bad but you're given crapping equipment and crapping characters and resources and it makes a lot of the encounters overly unfair. I've fought floor 26, level 3 or is it 7 Jin Die and it's kinda ridiculous. Her damage soak is stupid along with her damage output. I even skipped floors so I could get my grade 4 character and they're getting shitted on. They're maxed out but my weapons reduced greatly in durability getting to her. I spent so many death metals trying to kill her but it was akin to to fighting Yhizamat so I just let the character die and just retrieved them from the floor using another character.

The game is essentially inflating difficulty to get players to spend money and its annoying. There should at least be a vendor every floor but I guess for reasons to further monetize the game, they have only the one merchant in the waiting room and his fucking twin randomly thrown about in the tower which incentives players to spend money on the express pass so they don't have to spend all their farming on reaching the various floors and the basement to resupply or drop off resources. I like the game but at least make it fair. There is no reason why my grade 4 character should be getting fucked up by goto-9 and jin-die when I'm coming well supplied, maxed out and armored up and doing shit damage and she's eating my +4 jungle machete e swipes.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I hate the jump in difficulty between the tiers of floors. I'm in the 20's and it isn't so bad but you're given crapping equipment and crapping characters and resources and it makes a lot of the encounters overly unfair. I've fought floor 26, level 3 or is it 7 Jin Die and it's kinda ridiculous. Her damage soak is stupid along with her damage output. I even skipped floors so I could get my grade 4 character and they're getting shitted on. They're maxed out but my weapons reduced greatly in durability getting to her. I spent so many death metals trying to kill her but it was akin to to fighting Yhizamat so I just let the character die and just retrieved them from the floor using another character.

The game is essentially inflating difficulty to get players to spend money and its annoying.
There should at least be a vendor every floor but I guess for reasons to further monetize the game, they have only the one merchant in the waiting room and his fucking twin randomly thrown about in the tower which incentives players to spend money on the express pass so they don't have to spend all their farming on reaching the various floors and the basement to resupply or drop off resources. I like the game but at least make it fair. There is no reason why my grade 4 character should be getting fucked up by goto-9 and jin-die when I'm coming well supplied, maxed out and armored up and doing shit damage and she's eating my +4 jungle machete e swipes.

This is absolutely false, I'm sorry. It's been discussed multiple times throughout this thread and it's always the same thing. The game is MORE than fair, you just aren't making use of all the mechanics it has to offer.

E: Just so I don't look like I'm completely disregarding you, my short answer to your issue:

• Spend time farming to upgrade your blueprints.
  • Learn to use your mushrooms effectively.
  • Send out expeditions to stock up on pillbugs for lifeshrooms, invis shrooms, scorpions for stingshrooms, etc.
  • NEVER run around naked. I hit high level naked screamers for 10k regularly, non-crit. Armor makes SO much difference.
  • New area? TAKE IT SLOW. Use fish shrooms to confuse the enemies. Use those teargas shrooms from the early floors to blind them for a second to get in and attack. Most importantly, kill and loot their corpse. The reason it's SO important to work on various weapon masteries is so that you can utilize the gear you find as you explore.

Syysch

There is no reason why my grade 4 character should be getting fucked up by goto-9 and jin-die when I'm coming well supplied, maxed out and armored up and doing shit damage and she's eating my +4 jungle machete e swipes.

You're pushing into tier 3-4 territory with tier 2 weapons, and possibly equally low armor. You're not exactly well prepared for the floor you're on. You could probably stand to upgrade your items more, especially getting a few into upgrades with black metal (machetes skip those and go to red metal which is in the 30s, so they're underpowered for the 20s).

Yeah, damage is shit even with base Tier 3 weapons (needed 3 Motor Psychos for Coen). It is definitely worth it to grind for a +2 if not a +3 weapon before you make a break for 30.

ok I REALLY fucking need MDF. I reached 13F Komoto and in my dozen or so runs so far from 10F I've only found ONE goddamn MDF. My expeditions are all useless. They bring nothing but mushrooms and crap.

ok I REALLY fucking need MDF. I reached 13F Komoto and in my dozen or so runs so far from 10F I've only found ONE goddamn MDF. My expeditions are all useless. They bring nothing but mushrooms and crap.

That's definitely where to find it. Got do stocked up on it I completely stopped picking it up. Also, try sending folks on expedition.

Top Bottom