• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let It Die |OT| F2P roguelike Dark Souls with a skateboarding skeleton

audio_delay

Neo Member
ok I REALLY fucking need MDF. I reached 13F Komoto and in my dozen or so runs so far from 10F I've only found ONE goddamn MDF. My expeditions are all useless. They bring nothing but mushrooms and crap.

They will always bring back killcoins and splithium, even if they fail miserable. Believe me, it can sometimes help, to salvage your figthers later on higher floors. The higher the floor you send thm, the more basic rate of killcoin they bring back home.

audio_delay

Neo Member
Is it possible to get mats on expeditions?

I've only got food/shrooms, coins, spl and gear/weapons

That is the thing, IIRC during the launch week they did bring back materials like scratch metal aso, but it seems that they have removed the feature or, I have a bad memory.

That is the thing, IIRC during the launch week they did bring back materials like scratch metal aso, but it seems that they have removed the feature or, I have a bad memory.

Yeah wtf I'm confused. My fighters used to bring back materials on expeditions now they bring useless crap. Money isn't really a problem in the game. Going from 1F Ikeraga ->3F Tamata nets 12k KC. If you speedrun you can do it under 10 minutes.

Ok I'm sending all my bitches on expedition to Komoto. Will check in after dinner to see if they bring me some MDF. And vegetable oil.

Good luck!

Is it possible to get mats on expeditions?

I've only got food/shrooms, coins, spl and gear/weapons

Sure. Not saying is constant, but I just happened to get hemp and iron about an hour ago from kamoto..unless it's some glitch.

---

I need this saber..

I hate the jump in difficulty between the tiers of floors. I'm in the 20's and it isn't so bad but you're given crapping equipment and crapping characters and resources and it makes a lot of the encounters overly unfair. I've fought floor 26, level 3 or is it 7 Jin Die and it's kinda ridiculous. Her damage soak is stupid along with her damage output. I even skipped floors so I could get my grade 4 character and they're getting shitted on. They're maxed out but my weapons reduced greatly in durability getting to her. I spent so many death metals trying to kill her but it was akin to to fighting Yhizamat so I just let the character die and just retrieved them from the floor using another character.

The game is essentially inflating difficulty to get players to spend money and its annoying. There should at least be a vendor every floor but I guess for reasons to further monetize the game, they have only the one merchant in the waiting room and his fucking twin randomly thrown about in the tower which incentives players to spend money on the express pass so they don't have to spend all their farming on reaching the various floors and the basement to resupply or drop off resources. I like the game but at least make it fair. There is no reason why my grade 4 character should be getting fucked up by goto-9 and jin-die when I'm coming well supplied, maxed out and armored up and doing shit damage and she's eating my +4 jungle machete e swipes.

I feel you man. I know some disagree but Dark Souls never felt this grindy to me.

Baliis

I hate the jump in difficulty between the tiers of floors. I'm in the 20's and it isn't so bad but you're given crapping equipment and crapping characters and resources and it makes a lot of the encounters overly unfair. I've fought floor 26, level 3 or is it 7 Jin Die and it's kinda ridiculous. Her damage soak is stupid along with her damage output. I even skipped floors so I could get my grade 4 character and they're getting shitted on. They're maxed out but my weapons reduced greatly in durability getting to her. I spent so many death metals trying to kill her but it was akin to to fighting Yhizamat so I just let the character die and just retrieved them from the floor using another character.

The game is essentially inflating difficulty to get players to spend money and its annoying. There should at least be a vendor every floor but I guess for reasons to further monetize the game, they have only the one merchant in the waiting room and his fucking twin randomly thrown about in the tower which incentives players to spend money on the express pass so they don't have to spend all their farming on reaching the various floors and the basement to resupply or drop off resources. I like the game but at least make it fair. There is no reason why my grade 4 character should be getting fucked up by goto-9 and jin-die when I'm coming well supplied, maxed out and armored up and doing shit damage and she's eating my +4 jungle machete e swipes.

The Jungle Machete E is a floor 11-20 weapon though, it shouldnt be a surprise that the damage isnt super great on it when you're in 20+, you should be using a 20+ weapon! You say youre coming with weapons and armor, but what about shrooms? Are you bringing sting shrooms for 120% increased damage? Are you bringing slowmungus so that you can deal damage without fear of getting hit? Every boss in the game is a total joke with mushrooms. Without them though, you'll usually just get smacked around.

hbkdx12

Does anyone know how material spawns work? Do I have to transition a certain amount of floors for them to spawn again?

mats and bosses respawn/repopulate once you go back to the waiting room

enemies always respawn as you go from floor to floor regardless if you go back to the waiting room or not

Does weapon mastery apply to every fighter? I leveled up my KAMAS rifile mastery pretty good using a shooter. Can I use a different fighter with same weapon mastery?

Allonym

There should be more tampons in gaming
The Jungle Machete E is a floor 11-20 weapon though, it shouldnt be a surprise that the damage isnt super great on it when you're in 20+, you should be using a 20+ weapon! You say youre coming with weapons and armor, but what about shrooms? Are you bringing sting shrooms for 120% increased damage? Are you bringing slowmungus so that you can deal damage without fear of getting hit? Every boss in the game is a total joke with mushrooms. Without them though, you'll usually just get smacked around.

My HP is 2700, her little homing heads hit me for about 200-300 I think and if you're caught by one, it's hard to escape the others. Sure the prospect of beating her to death with using mushrooms is great but my defense would effectively be halved, increasing the the likelihood that I'll die from her attacks so no, that wasn't a strategy in employed though I know of it. What creature drops a slowmungus? Is that the eyeball one? If so I've only found 2 in my travels in the game and so I can't readily use them. Also it's stupid. I have to switch to weapons I've haven't invested in and upgraded and enhanced just to progress through a game. What if I don't like the weapons available on higher floors? Also if that were the case, why are combat machete resources only available on floors after Jin-Die? That to me says that maybe I shouldn't abandon the weapon and it should still be viable later.

hbkdx12

Man, i remember when scratch metal was like the hardest thing to come by. I'm swimming in the stuff now with over 25 yet i can't find hover metal to save my life :(

KrebStar

I swear the RNG in this game feels like there are time limits on drops sometimes. I got 3 metal in a row from the F38 boss, now I've gone 11 in a row with nothing but coins to show for it.

On the plus side, Fun Fungus has started popping up in my last few runs, which should spare me some restocking fees.

hbkdx12

I swear the RNG in this game feels like there are time limits on drops sometimes. I got 3 metal in a row from the F38 boss, now I've gone 11 in a row with nothing but coins to show for it.

On the plus side, Fun Fungus has started popping up in my last few runs, which should spare me some restocking fees.

A few of us in the thread have theorized that this is what's happening but no one knows how long the cooldown is. I'm grinding for black metals right now and usually i can get 3 or 4 before i get 1 or 2 lower tier green metals and then i get crap stuff like weapons and blueprints.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
My HP is 2700, her little homing heads hit me for about 200-300 I think and if you're caught by one, it's hard to escape the others. Sure the prospect of beating her to death with using mushrooms is great but my defense would effectively be halved, increasing the the likelihood that I'll die from her attacks so no, that wasn't a strategy in employed though I know of it. What creature drops a slowmungus? Is that the eyeball one? If so I've only found 2 in my travels in the game and so I can't readily use them. Also it's stupid. I have to switch to weapons I've haven't invested in and upgraded and enhanced just to progress through a game. What if I don't like the weapons available on higher floors? Also if that were the case, why are combat machete resources only available on floors after Jin-Die? That to me says that maybe I shouldn't abandon the weapon and it should still be viable later.

OK - here's a few things to consider.

I think I've said like 5 times in this thread that Jin-Die is a joke with the Iron. Have you been leveling your Iron Mastery? If not, you need to.

This game is NOT like Dark Souls in that you NEED to be well versed in a number of different weapons. There are some that are situational at best, but good lord those situations take huge advantage of that weapon. The Iron rage move causes Jin-Die to go into freak out mode where she is just free for the smashing. Timed right, you can stun lock her with rage move and combos to basically win without any risk.

Some weapons, like the Machete, aren't fantastic after a while. However, once upgraded and paired with the dual wield and slash boost decals, they become viable again. The game forces you to learn how to handle multiple tools to deal with things. It's a good thing considering the nature of the game. I never bothered with spears until I decided to just farm mastery on it for a bit...Now the L2 + L2 combo is the single best zoning move in the game. Stuff opens up after you've leveled up various weapons and learned how to use them.

The eyeball shroom is the one you're looking for. Here's the thing - you can send your dudes on expeditions to get them. I think I've seen a total of 3 in the wild in my 80+ hours. But I have like 25 in storage...Utilize expeditions for your shrooms and edibles. They don't bring back mats, but they will get you gear and armor once in a while.

ALL mushrooms are expendable. Use them to win. I regularly use brainshrooms on 3+ screamers because the risk of death is too high. I can expedition for brainshrooms like mad. Fish can be smashed to get the shroom that causes confusion - another HUGE plus for groups of enemies. Pill bugs are EVERYWHERE and give you life shrooms - a huuuuuge bonus. I carry 2-3 with me regularly.

I could go on and on, but! I think you've already made up your mind. The game probably isn't for you. 20+ is a wall that everyone experiences in some way or another. All the bosses are a small hiccup until you learn how to prepare for them. It's ALL about the mushrooms. Invis shrooms + stingshroom is a major strat early on. Same with guardshroom and slowmungus.

If you're looking for a Dark Souls clone, this is not that game. It's simply different take on the roguelike/soulsborne genre.

I finally beat the boss in floor 23.

But can I say it was the most ridiculously overpowered boss in this game? It hits os many times and so hard. t hits you once, you fall down and it keeps on hitting you on the ground.

IT HAS A FREAKING HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE AMMOUNT OF HEALTH.

I brought invisshrooms, 100% attack shroom, snails to heal with poison, knife that was already at 3 stars.Still it took so long.

I had to use 5 DM to kill him (I have none now :().

In the end, I found a way to kite him around and managed to hit him once then run in circles around him. Took awhile but killed him.

That boss even with shrooms doesnt feel like a boss for 3 star characters and 2 star gear.

I had complete 2 star set (cant get 3 star ones cause I need black or red metal for it) and it still hit me hard.

However, I died after him and didnt get to floor 25. SO I still havent unocked 4 star char. AAAAHHH!!!!

I hope I can find the way to avoid him and reach floor 25. Cause I am not going to fight him again with a 3 star char.

All the other bosses are manageable (even his previous time on floor 11) but this one was a bitch.

Now that I got that off my chest, I am still addicted so I continue playing :p

hbkdx12

Nice write up

Also, for what it's worth, for all the people upset that the machete isn't viable in the 20s, i'ts not simply because "reasons." Most if not all the enemies have armor that basically nerfs slashing damage. That being said, my hammers make easy work of these guys.

The game is teaching you to be versatile.

That boss even with shrooms doesnt feel like a boss for 3 star characters and 2 star gear.

Believe me when i tell you, it will serve you well if you apply this logic to pretty much all the floors in the 20s.

Anfang

I finally beat the boss in floor 23.

But can I say it was the most ridiculously overpowered boss in this game? It hits os many times and so hard. t hits you once, you fall down and it keeps on hitting you on the ground.

IT HAS A FREAKING HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE AMMOUNT OF HEALTH.

I brought invisshrooms, 100% attack shroom, snails to heal with poison, knife that was already at 3 stars.Still it took so long.

I had to use 5 DM to kill him (I have none now :().

In the end, I found a way to kite him around and managed to hit him once then run in circles around him. Took awhile but killed him.

I had complete 2 star set (cant get 3 star ones cause I need black or red metal for it) and it still hit me hard.

However, I died after him and didnt get to floor 25. SO I still havent unocked 4 star char. AAAAHHH!!!!

I hope I can find the way to avoid him and reach floor 25. Cause I am not going to fight him again with a 3 star char.

All the other bosses are manageable (even his previous time on floor 11) but this one was a bitch.

Now that I got that off my chest, I am still addicted so I continue playing :p

Attack shrooms + iron

Baliis

Attack shrooms + iron

Is the iron even good against GOTO? MY 3 start iron does crap against her, but maybe It's just because its fire damage? The sword seems kinda bad against her too.

I really wish people would stop complaining about tanky bosses when using terrible weapons though. A floor 21-30 weapon is more than twice as a strong as a floor 11-20 weapon, of course its going to take forever if you try to use a lower weapon.

hbkdx12

Is the iron even good against GOTO? MY 3 start iron does crap against her, but maybe It's just because its fire damage? The sword seems kinda bad against her too.

I really wish people would stop complaining about tanky bosses when using terrible weapons though. A floor 21-30 weapon is more than twice as a strong as a floor 11-20 weapon, of course its going to take forever if you try to use a lower weapon.

If you can get it to red hot iron +4 it does good damage against goto with the right shrooms and it basically makes normal enemies in the 20s childs play.

Baliis

If you can get it to red hot iron +4 it does good damage against goto with the right shrooms and it basically makes normal enemies in the 20s childs play.

Yea, weird. It must just be the 3 star irons fire damage, cuz she took like 0 damage from it.

Anfang

Only have the 2 star and its dead before the Shroom timers up if I dont get hit too much

Finally reached the top. Ending was as satisfying as I could have hoped.

Never did buy that express pass, was too close when they finally put it in. Glad I did buy some death metals along the way to support them. Still, I almost feel like I stole from them, only spending $10 for how much I enjoyed this.

If they add more floors though, I think I'll definitely pick up the pass.

Attack shrooms + iron

Oh I forgot I had one iron 2 star +3 with me. Still took me a freaking long time.

If I had brought more iron maybe it would have been faster.

Also, does anyone know a good place to farm Invisible shroom?

Also, I never found the slow time one. Is it found only after floor 20?

Anyone else been having trouble with level geometry not completely loading the past couple of days? The geometry is still physically there, but it's largely invisible. On one hand it's kind of useful in a wall hack way because I can see where all the nearby enemies and items are. On the other, it makes it hard to creep around corners I can't see and I get paranoid I'm going to fall through a hole I can't actually see.

So no one else having this problem? Still getting it today. Almost caused me to fall in to a fire because I couldn't tell where the actual hole was. Also making it hard to snipe as my shooter since I can't tell if there's a wall in between me and the enemy. Weird thing is, the immediate area tends to load in if I kill someone.

So no one else having this problem? Still getting it today. Almost caused me to fall in to a fire because I couldn't tell where the actual hole was. Also making it hard to snipe as my shooter since I can't tell if there's a wall in between me and the enemy. Weird thing is, the immediate area tends to load in if I kill someone.
There's been few noticeable glitches lately. Texture load-ins gotten worse, random pauses, etc.

lionpants

I've been noticing a lot of bewbies flopping about today on female enemies. Are textures just failing to load or is that normal?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Finally reached the top. Ending was as satisfying as I could have hoped.

Never did buy that express pass, was too close when they finally put it in. Glad I did buy some death metals along the way to support them. Still, I almost feel like I stole from them, only spending $10 for how much I enjoyed this.

If they add more floors though, I think I'll definitely pick up the pass.

The one thing I've avoided has been the ending. I know there's more...But I don't know what happens. I'm quite excited.

Grinchy

Banned
lol I got way too comfortable with raiding and getting lucky with everyone having crappy defense. I raided the wrong guy earlier while playing as my Collector. Each of his defenders had that bolt gun thing and the machete.

The first guy was blocking and dodging better than any other defender I had ever faced, so when the 2nd guy dropped, things got bad for me. When all 3 were in the room, I didn't stand a chance. My collector was holding onto a bunch of crafting materials :(

Whats the deal with the area to the F11 boss being blocked off?

You have to loop around and go into the boss arena from above. That will unlock gates for you that are needed.

I still need dem silvershrooms. I have more than I need for the other two shrooms but silver just doesn't like me.

big_z

A few of us in the thread have theorized that this is what's happening but no one knows how long the cooldown is. I'm grinding for black metals right now and usually i can get 3 or 4 before i get 1 or 2 lower tier green metals and then i get crap stuff like weapons and blueprints.

Im starting to think the cool down isn't time but progress based. I noticed even blue prints stop dropping after a while and not a single new one dropped for 6 hours until i cleared a side room on a low floor. Same with farming material, killed goto 10 or so times no drop, went up one new floor then tried again and got rare material right away.

I think they changed the way loot works so it appears like you can get good stuff but it's rigged so you'll always be slightly out of reach. The game simply stops dropping what I need one or two items away from the upgrade every time. give the illusion you're getting stronger but keeps the difficulty high to entice buying dm which are needed due to being under powered.

It's not that bad for me, maybe try rebuilding your PS4 database and report back if it improves. I get tons of hitching and slow loading textures now. If I change a weapon or an item breaks there's a second or two pause which can be very disorienting because controls stop responding. Tight hallways with enemies right on you causes such low framerate or hitching the game becomes unplayable and usually means death.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
lol I got way too comfortable with raiding and getting lucky with everyone having crappy defense. I raided the wrong guy earlier while playing as my Collector. Each of his defenders had that bolt gun thing and the machete.

The first guy was blocking and dodging better than any other defender I had ever faced, so when the 2nd guy dropped, things got bad for me. When all 3 were in the room, I didn't stand a chance. My collector was holding onto a bunch of crafting materials :(

When I build my grade 5 defenders, it will be dual wield rapiers. Those are the only weapons I fear on Haters, haha.

Baliis

When I build my grade 5 defenders, it will be dual wield rapiers. Those are the only weapons I fear on Haters, haha.

The rapier is BS on haters/defenders because they can string way longer combos than should be possible. If you get hit once, they can string anywhere from like 6-8 hits without you being able to do anything.

Anyone know a good floor for Mass of Iron Bolts? I need a boat load.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
The rapier is BS on haters/defenders because they can string way longer combos than should be possible. If you get hit once, they can string anywhere from like 6-8 hits without you being able to do anything.

Yes - fuck them. That's why I hate them so much. You misjudge one thing and you say goodbye to like, all your health. I've started to just rely on shrooms if I see them.

Allonym

There should be more tampons in gaming
I could go on and on, but! I think you've already made up your mind. The game probably isn't for you. 20+ is a wall that everyone experiences in some way or another. All the bosses are a small hiccup until you learn how to prepare for them. It's ALL about the mushrooms. Invis shrooms + stingshroom is a major strat early on. Same with guardshroom and slowmungus.

If you're looking for a Dark Souls clone, this is not that game. It's simply different take on the roguelike/soulsborne genre.
Sorry but this excerpt here was somewhat amusing to me, I've actually invested more hours into the game than you have (I believe you've stated to have played ~80 hours). I've logged in more than 112 hours of gameplay. This is why I believe my claims are valid, I'm not someone who only played an hour of the game and attempting to accurately convey its faults. I've invested a great number of hours and invested probably over $64 on the game.

Are some floors better for blueprints than others? I'd like to finish off all the armor sets from 1-10.

Not that I'm aware of. At some point I think the only way to finish the blueprints is to buy them from the secret shop. There's some lower level armor (Heavy Hitter for example) That I've never seen the blueprint for in countless material/gold runs

Syysch

Im starting to think the cool down isn't time but progress based. I noticed even blue prints stop dropping after a while and not a single new one dropped for 6 hours until i cleared a side room on a low floor. Same with farming material, killed goto 10 or so times no drop, went up one new floor then tried again and got rare material right away.

I think they changed the way loot works so it appears like you can get good stuff but it's rigged so you'll always be slightly out of reach. The game simply stops dropping what I need one or two items away from the upgrade every time. give the illusion you're getting stronger but keeps the difficulty high to entice buying dm which are needed due to being under powered.

It's not that bad for me, maybe try rebuilding your PS4 database and report back if it improves. I get tons of hitching and slow loading textures now. If I change a weapon or an item breaks there's a second or two pause which can be very disorienting because controls stop responding. Tight hallways with enemies right on you causes such low framerate or hitching the game becomes unplayable and usually means death.

I'm feeling like there might be a cooldown, but dont see it being progress based because I'm not making any with f40 unlocked and still can get periods of no resources. The day before i saw a post about a possible cooldown, i was regularly getting back to back coins, couns, shitty weapon, coins as drop strings from the f22 chest. Now i alternate between 22 chest, boss on 26(? need a crapton of dod black), and 38 chest, and i dont run into long periods of nothing.

I'm also not getting the things straight up not loading either, some hitches and slow texture loads sure (with low res textures there to start with), but not things completely missing. That guy's the first i've heard say anything about that.

I get them constantly running 21-23.

Are some floors better for blueprints than others? I'd like to finish off all the armor sets from 1-10.

There's a theory that blueprints get added to the loot pool as you visit more of the rooms for the first time. I dont know if that's been proven one way or another by now though. Only a few bps seem to be set in stone drops from specific chests though (and findable elsewhere on top of that), otherwise they can generally be found within a 5-10 floor range.

Top Bottom