• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let It Die |OT| F2P roguelike Dark Souls with a skateboarding skeleton

This game punishes you hard when you go on raid, if you die you loose everything + equipment, weapons, stuff + decals....so not fair.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
This game punishes you hard when you go on raid, if you die you loose everything + equipment, weapons, stuff + decals....so not fair.

I got much, much more from raiding than what I lost from the 1-2 times I died, if anything raiding still feels way too easy. You can also use a character without expensive decals, and just basic equipment. More than enough for most raids.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Sorry but this excerpt here was somewhat amusing to me, I've actually invested more hours into the game than you have (I believe you've stated to have played ~80 hours). I've logged in more than 112 hours of gameplay. This is why I believe my claims are valid, I'm not someone who only played an hour of the game and attempting to accurately convey its faults. I've invested a great number of hours and invested probably over $64 on the game.

Wait, you've got over 112 hours and are still in the 20s having trouble? How many hours have you idled? Something doesn't add up here.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Wait, you've got over 112 hours and are still in the 20s having trouble? How many hours have you idled? Something doesn't add up here.
It does add up. I was at 130 hours or so until floor 23. I am taking my sweet time enjoying exploring.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
It does add up. I was at 130 hours or so until floor 23. I am taking my sweet time enjoying exploring.

Well color me surprised. I guess I just assumed that at 100+ hours, he would have taken advantage of leveling a bunch of gear and masteries.

I still stand by my original statement that the game may not be for him. Despite having 110+ hours and spent money, it just isn't clicking for him. That's fine and I don't fault him for that! But to say the game is broken or has shit mechanics because he can't clear a boss is unfair to the game itself. Especially considering there are a number of us are closing in on the top without similar hangups.

It says they spent $64, too. I haven't spent a dime and I've explored everything up into the 20's in a third of that time.
and I'm not good at the game. I die constantly.
I guess it could make sense if you spend the majority of your time raiding or something.

big_z

I'm also not getting the things straight up not loading either, some hitches and slow texture loads sure (with low res textures there to start with), but not things completely missing. That guy's the first i've heard say anything about that.

sure enough after saying I haven't run into the issue I run into it not long after. one of the floors the textures didn't load for half the level, just black space. was a nightmare to work my way out of but thankfully managed before the jackals arrived

Demoskinos

Boy. I think I need a break from this for a few days. 150 hours in now and I'm kind of at a point where I just really need to grind for upgrades.

Volcynika

I send longer expeditions to kinda *force* myself to break from the game sometimes. I usually have a set goal, then to prevent myself from sticking too long with it, send my fighters out for trips then take a break. Right now it's just focusing on getting new gear and upgrading things like the pork chopper. Early 30s aren't tooooo bad yet, but I just have to play it safe and not take too many unnecessary hits.

I'm getting zero Copper Wire Mountain from Akami and Kawabe. I need that shit to make a level 3 weapon.

Also is the way past the boss in 23F currently not in rotation or something? All the paths are blocked.

I'm getting zero Copper Wire Mountain from Akami and Kawabe. I need that shit to make a level 3 weapon.

Also is the way past the boss in 23F currently not in rotation or something? All the paths are blocked.

lol..Literally just found two. One in each. Are you looking around thoroughly? I actually wasn't looking for them at all and kinda stumbled upon them while dodging. Happens a lot with me.

---

Any floor/room where I can farm hovering metal? Need to upgrade to better armor for these 20+ floors..thanks.

lol..Literally just found two. One in each. Are you looking around thoroughly? I actually wasn't looking for them at all and kinda stumbled upon them while dodging. Happens a lot with me.

---

Any floor/room where I can farm hovering metal? Need to upgrade to better armor for these 20+ floors..thanks.

I would shed tears of joy if I found two. Just tons of Iron Bolts.

I would shed tears of joy if I found two. Just tons of Iron Bolts.

Have you been checking in water our right next to it? Found one in that section where there's a long bridge with a chest on the other side..copper in the water underneath. Aluminum engine and iron as well, yes.

Edit-

http://m.imgur.com/8OwmMLf,7SJIjVU,5xI8QpZ

Just went up again..lol two right next to each other. Jokes on me though. Got trash from the chest..😠

Syysch

I get them more frequently 23+, they're much rarer on 21 or 22 in my experience. You could always poke your head into echizen-jima and avoid the boss room.

Syysch

Any advice against the bone tubbers? I hit the lvl 22 kawabe grind yesterday and those things hit hard!

Put the corner of a wall between you and attack when they're done attacking the wall, fist rage attack goes through their guard and knocks them down, cleaver saber r1 goes through their guard too, as well as the magnum shots i believe.

Volcynika

Need to go farming for some mass of irons bolts + rosewood, can get the motor psycho and another level up for my pork chopper. Progress!

Saw I can get a red metal DOD if I do the 10 kills with hockey stick. I just need to find some hockey sticks...

Innolis

Has there been a stealth nerf to stamina consumption?

I equipped the Priest Coat S and I see my stamina consumption through the roof!

Syysch

Has there been a stealth nerf to stamina consumption?

I equipped the Priest Coat S and I see my stamina consumption through the roof!

There's a hunger mechanic, try eating a beast. I rarely hear the stomach growl, but stamina draining super fast is the easy sign to spot. Also easy to see if your health is no longer regening slowly.

Innolis

There's a hunger mechanic, try eating a beast. I rarely hear the stomach growl, but stamina draining super fast is the easy sign to spot. Also easy to see if your health is no longer regening slowly.

Aaah, that did it, thanks!

Man this game has a metric fuck ton of mechanics to consider XD

Volcynika

I know you keep premium decals if you kill the hater-fied version of yourself with one, but can you take them off without losing them?

Alright. I'm dealing with some annoying ass shit where a gate keeps closing behind me in Regashi-Koya forcing me to go through 5 other floors before I can get back to a mainline elevator. There appears to be no way to actually open the gate. Anyone see this before?

Syysch

Alright. I'm dealing with some annoying ass shit where a gate keeps closing behind me in Regashi-Koya forcing me to go through 5 other floors before I can get back to a mainline elevator. There appears to be no way to actually open the gate. Anyone see this before?

Did that to me yesterday when i went exploring, i think it's just that particular room set up to be an ass.

Did that to me yesterday when i went exploring, i think it's just that particular room set up to be an ass.

It is the most annoying thing the game has done to me so far. I'm trying to get a floor above to activate a side elevator but there's two ways to it and they're both identical versions of that trap door. No way for me to know which one is correct other than going like 7 or 8 floors back around and coming in through the other side a second time.

Allonym

There should be more tampons in gaming

I mean I've maybe slept about 10 hours of the game because of load times but I've made it up to the 30's already by bypassing Jin-Die. That doesn't stop the boss from sucking

Volcynika

Finally got enough mats to upgrade my pork chopper again and start off the motorpsycho. Will start exploring the 30s again once I start it up next. I need more of those rare metals! :eek:

lionpants

I'm being kicked off the PS4 because the wife wants to play final fantasy xv.

I need to play a game similar to this! Any recommendations on PC?

audio_delay

Neo Member
I'm being kicked off the PS4 because the wife wants to play final fantasy xv.

I need to play a game similar to this! Any recommendations on PC?

One of the Dark Souls games? But it is not the same. Both have some superficial similarities, but underneath them, they are different games.

lionpants

One of the Dark Souls games? But it is not the same. Both have some superficial similarities, but underneath them, they are different games.
Ya, played every souls game to death. I wish I could experience them for the first time again. :(

Maybe I'll look around on steam.

darklin0

Banned
Ya, played every souls game to death. I wish I could experience them for the first time again. :(

Killer is Dead is another Grasshopper game and its on Steam. Maybe look up some game play before you buy, it could be close enough to what you are looking for.

Baliis

Wanna trade?! lol..

Lol. I'm at the point where I have all the black metals I need, but i wanna farm COEN for red metals to upgrade armor, but I need green metals to upgrade them to that point anyways.

Well I need like 3 more candle wolf metals, but farming GOTO is easy and I have pretty good luck with drops from her. Need more iron bolts for everything though.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Well that sucks. Knowing I can loss money because somebody raids my saferoom is gonna be a huge turn off if it keeps happening.
Haha. I lost 80k to raids in the last few days I wasn't playing. So it goes ;)

Though there isn't really anything like it, for various reasons and without having played either, I'd recommend Hotline Miami and Salt & Sanctuary.

Syysch

It is the most annoying thing the game has done to me so far. I'm trying to get a floor above to activate a side elevator but there's two ways to it and they're both identical versions of that trap door. No way for me to know which one is correct other than going like 7 or 8 floors back around and coming in through the other side a second time.

Gotcha, yeah that'd be irritating. If you happen to have the treasure hunter decal, you can see which way has the up vs down escalator on the map.

So I lost my final two 1-ups for... reasons, apparently. I certainly turned off the game in the waiting room, but that shit's gone anyway.

Also seems like I wouldn't be able to buy new ones in PSN even if I wanted to. Because I loaded the US version before the game came out in my country, I can't access the store despite playing the game with my main country's account now. Goofed.

I really felt the burn when I hit the 20s, but I have to say that in the end it was my fault for pushing into the 23F boss fight too early. I have accepted that this isn't Dark Souls and I can't just get my Stone Set and Claymore and tank everything.

So, I'm farming my Red Hot Iron to *** and stocking up on Lifeshrooms, Slowmungus, and other good shrooms.

My issue with GOTO was running out of weapons and not hitting hard enough. If I go into the fight with at least 3 *** Irons and I'm at level 20 with the iron, have all ** armor that has been upgraded some with backups, and tons of mushrooms, I should be ready this time, right?

TLDR If the grind is getting to you and you lose a character like I did and don't want to pay 50,000+ coins, just make a new one and use the time leveling to get your gear up to snuff. It really pays off.

I'm just going to wait until some balance and loading patches happen.

Floors 20+ are a little ridic.

I was where you are, but I have changed my mind. They aren't ridiculous. They are a skill check forcing you to go back and gear up for the next stage of the game if you haven't already. Frankly, I'm glad things got harder, because it's forcing me to be much more prepared with shrooms and competent with my gear.

You have to have a ton of fighters always out on expeditions. Fuck guarding the base. Then you stock up on tons of Lifeshrooms, and things don't feel so dicey.

Also, I found a pretty nifty decal combo that has freed up the way I play a bit. Using premium Sprinter (and Silver Heart I get to dodge much more and run away for much longer, and I can farm levels with more of a Dark Souls feel.

Found a five star katana (Muramasa) on floor 34, used a Fun Fungus to repair it, melted the two bosses, and finally got my five star fighters. Progress!

big_z

Is there an easy way to take down coen on floor 26? I have a maxed out level 4 striker and he does next to no damage.

Damn I'm a dumb ass I didn't realize you could upgrade all the weapons to a higher star rating. I was waiting to find blueprints for the better versions. I thought it had to be this way because otherwise you could upgrade weapons to a point where none of your fighters could use them, but they just gate it via the mats.
This would have made the later parts of 10-20 less hellish for me.

Top Bottom