• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let It Die |OT| F2P roguelike Dark Souls with a skateboarding skeleton

Allonym

There should be more tampons in gaming
Is there an easy way to take down coen on floor 26? I have a maxed out level 4 striker and he does next to no damage.

I experienced the same thing with Jin-Die, I was told to "use mushrooms" and equip items from that tier of floors. So that will be my advice to you. If you have them and the requirements, use 3-star weapons to make your life easier.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Is there an easy way to take down coen on floor 26? I have a maxed out level 4 striker and he does next to no damage.

Here's my tips for both 26 bosses:

Jin-Die
Shrooms to bring (if you've got them): 3+ slow shrooms, 2+ Stingshrooms, 2+ attack boost shrooms.
Weapons: Highest level iron you can currently obtain or make. It is important to have high iron mastery. 20 is obviously preferred. You can get this quickly by running early floors repeatedly with either found or crafted irons.
Tactics: Make sure you have max rage gauge available. Start the fight by getting behind a pillar and out of her LOS. Pop a slow shroom, a sting shroom, and an attack boost shroom (optional, but more attack is always good). Once you're buffed, run up to Jin-Die with your Iron and rage move her. She will freak out and go into a no-attack state. From here, combo twice with your iron followed by another age move. Rinse and repeat. When your buffs drop, pop them again in the same order.

Coen
Shrooms to bring (if you've got them): 3+ slow shrooms, 2+ Stingshrooms, 2+ attack boost shrooms.
Weapons: Highest level 2 handed axe you have. He appears to be highly vulnerable to slashing damage. I suspect this is why the Pork Chopper is so incredibly effective for farming him.
Tactics: Make sure you have max rage gauge available. Similar to Jin-Die, your goal is to pop all your mushrooms in succession and get behind Coen to unleash hell. 2H Axe is great for this fight if you don't have any Pork Choppers yet. Just wail on him and unleash your rage move at will. Make sure to pop a slow shroom before your current one wears off, because if he detects you, he WILL hit you and it WILL hurt.

As you can see, both of these fights are quite simple once you go in with the right weaponry. The biggest component to easy success would be slow shrooms and stingshrooms.

hbkdx12

Got invaded earlier by 2 haters who both had clever sabers that both cost me a revive token

Managed to get the black metal to finally make it. Figured, what the hell i'll bring it with me to get some mastery levels. I'm two shotting enemies in the 20s with armor and i haven't even hit full mastery

I think i just found my new favorite weapons :)

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Found a five star katana (Muramasa) on floor 34, used a Fun Fungus to repair it, melted the two bosses, and finally got my five star fighters. Progress!

Thats what I did too with a 5 star Pork Chopper. Good stuff.

Damn I'm a dumb ass I didn't realize you could upgrade all the weapons to a higher star rating. I was waiting to find blueprints for the better versions. I thought it had to be this way because otherwise you could upgrade weapons to a point where none of your fighters could use them, but they just gate it via the mats.
This would have made the later parts of 10-20 less hellish for me.
You will always have the +4 version of the weapon variant available when you upgrade your blueprint to a new tier. So for example, you could have Pork Chopper +4, Pork Chopper+ +4, and Zombie Chopper +4 available to be purchased at the same time.

Though really, considering how easy it is to level up your fighter's important stats, and the scaling for higher grade fighters, you'll generally always be able to use the good stuff without much hassle.

Jin-Die
Weapons: Highest level iron you can currently obtain or make. It is important to have high iron mastery. 20 is obviously preferred. You can get this quickly by running early floors repeatedly with either found or crafted irons.
Tactics: Make sure you have max rage gauge available. Start the fight by getting behind a pillar and out of her LOS. Pop a slow shroom, a sting shroom, and an attack boost shroom (optional, but more attack is always good). Once you're buffed, run up to Jin-Die with your Iron and rage move her. She will freak out and go into a no-attack state. From here, combo twice with your iron followed by another age move. Rinse and repeat. When your buffs drop, pop them again in the same order.

Coen
Weapons: Highest level 2 handed axe you have. He appears to be highly vulnerable to slashing damage. I suspect this is why the Pork Chopper is so incredibly effective for farming him.
Tactics: Make sure you have max rage gauge available. Similar to Jin-Die, your goal is to pop all your mushrooms in succession and get behind Coen to unleash hell. 2H Axe is great for this fight if you don't have any Pork Choppers yet. Just wail on him and unleash your rage move at will. Make sure to pop a slow shroom before your current one wears off, because if he detects you, he WILL hit you and it WILL hurt.

As you can see, both of these fights are quite simple once you go in with the right weaponry. The biggest component to easy success would be slow shrooms and stingshrooms.

So Stingshrooms + Crushrooms stack? I tried Sting + Tough and they canceled each other out.

Man, what a difference preparation makes. Went into 23 GOTO with 2 Slowmungus and 3 Stingshrooms stacked and wrecked him with my Red Hot Iron in 10 seconds. Yay!

Baliis

Got invaded earlier by 2 haters who both had clever sabers that both cost me a revive token

Managed to get the black metal to finally make it. Figured, what the hell i'll bring it with me to get some mastery levels. I'm two shotting enemies in the 20s with armor and i haven't even hit full mastery

I think i just found my new favorite weapons :)

The saber is a fantastic weapon and will carry you to the 30's easy. The L1/R1 move for it is so good, just let people walk up to you and hit it when they start their swing, you'll jump out of the way and counter for a ton of damage, and if you dont one shot them, they're stunned for a second and you can start your follow up attack.

hbkdx12

The saber is a fantastic weapon and will carry you to the 30's easy. The L1/R1 move for it is so good, just let people walk up to you and hit it when they start their swing, you'll jump out of the way and counter for a ton of damage, and if you dont one shot them, they're stunned for a second and you can start your follow up attack.

it's so good. it's kind of unreal. 2 kawabe farming trips later and i've gotten full mastery. This has jumped to the top of my list of things to upgrade

Now if only copper wire and Milk Black metal weren't so rare :/

Are there any materials that become obsolete after a point?

Tired of expanding my storage. Currently at 200. Saw a steamer at 500. Can't handle that.

Just got Saber BP also :D

Oh, and Okusa is back

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So Stingshrooms + Crushrooms stack? I tried Sting + Tough and they canceled each other out.

Man, what a difference preparation makes. Went into 23 GOTO with 2 Slowmungus and 3 Stingshrooms stacked and wrecked him with my Red Hot Iron in 10 seconds. Yay!

I'm not 100% sure, but I believe they stack. Maybe not though. I don't do that, but I was suggesting it for those who are having extra trouble.

I'm not 100% sure, but I believe they stack. Maybe not though. I don't do that, but I was suggesting it for those who are having extra trouble.

I wish we could get a consensus. Guess I'll have to do some testing

Right before my second and successful GOTO 9 23 F fight I popped 3 Toughshrooms and then 3 Stingshrooms. The Toughshroom icons disappeared but the Sting icons remained when I popped Slowmungus

So far we know Sting + Tough = No
Sting + Slow = Yes

Edit: This does feel like the early days of Demon's . . .

hbkdx12

I wish we could get a consensus. Guess I'll have to do some testing

Right before my second and successful GOTO 9 23 F fight I popped 3 Toughshrooms and then 3 Stingshrooms. The Toughshroom icons disappeared but the Sting icons remained when I popped Slowmungus

So far we know Sting + Tough = No
Sting + Slow = Yes

Edit: This does feel like the early days of Demon's . . .
I'm pretty sure they do stack. It's just a matter of figuring out the math on the percentages for the shrooms since they're opposite.

A grilled stingshroom lowers your defense by 60%. A toughshroom increases your defense by 50%

Were any of the stingshrooms cooked? If both shroom were uncooked then the defense buff/debuff would cancel out and the only icon you'd see is a fist icon instead of a fist ^/shieldv icon which is the normal icon for the sting shroom

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Expeditions to the 30's are starting to give me 4 and 5* goodies. Very nice.

Also, I can now craft a full set of 3* gear. Agamemnon set is good enough for me! Time to farm more Candle Wolf Black to plus that stuff up!

That's for storage chest slots, not death bag. The Express pass will expand your death bag temporarily. Different fighters have an increased DB, the collector by far the largest.
Whoops, my bad.

Can I not access Nokejiri from Kamoto? So I guess you have ot take the long way around to Okusa? FML...

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Just beat the floor 20 boss. Game just keeps on giving. Holy shit this new level. :O This game is free...

also really liked that they
included an LBGT character.

Yea 21 is where the real fight begins.

I'm pretty sure they do stack. It's just a matter of figuring out the math on the percentages for the shrooms since they're opposite.

A grilled stingshroom lowers your defense by 60%. A toughshroom increases your defense by 50%

Were any of the stingshrooms cooked? If both shroom were uncooked then the defense buff/debuff would cancel out and the only icon you'd see is a fist icon instead of a fist ^/shieldv icon which is the normal icon for the sting shroom

They were all cooked (of course)

Ate tough first. Then Sting. Tough Icon gone

Sometimes the free comes out and struts its legs a little though...

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x572cy4

The game does have some pretty weird bugs, like invisible weapons and invisible bras. I have to give a quick glance over my shoulder just in case a female screamer wanted to air them out, I personally like my boobies not freezer burned and not undead. The one I hate the most though is after killing a boss, like farming those in 30+ it messes up the music tracks and plays the boss music throughout the whole floor. Once you change floor the music is silent, even in the waiting room. Have to log out to fix it.

Please rngesus, give me a serial killer decal, or anything that is not crap. I literally have 4 premium DOD decals, and mushroom lady gave me the finger and also handed me a premium luck discount decal.

hbkdx12

Yea 21 is where the real fight begins.

They were all cooked (of course)

Ate tough first. Then Sting. Tough Icon gone

Well that makes sense because the toughshroom is only a 50% buff but the defense debuff from stingshroom is 60% so the stingshroom supercedes it.

Well that makes sense because the toughshroom is only a 50% buff but the defense debuff from stingshroom is 60% so the stingshroom supercedes it.

Good thinking. But I wonder if the toughshroom makes the Stngshroom only a 10% armor deficiency versus 60

Someone will test this stuff out someday . . .

ijed

Man have been using pillbugs for health recovery not realising they have the second chance shrooms. Will have to start using them. Also grilled mouse shrooms are awesome for the rage boost.

I'm being kicked off the PS4 because the wife wants to play final fantasy xv.

I need to play a game similar to this! Any recommendations on PC?

If you had a ps2 emu you could play Baroque - am surprised there's very little mention of it in this thread.

taco543

OK so let me know how I'm doing so far, I have a level 25 all rounder character, I've got the plus 3 iron hammer blueprint from r and d, and I've made it to floor 6 I believe. I haven't lost a character yet, so I still just have my two, the first that dies after tutorial and the one you make after, I've maxed out my money at 40k and my SP is at about 30k. I feel like I'm doing something wrong because I'm not having a hard time yet, but I feel like that may also all change really quickly once I make it to the higher levels. Also I got really lucky on my daily bonus today and got a fire wand blue print and it looks sick but just for r and d it costs 8k to research.

Baliis

If you had a ps2 emu you could play Baroque - am surprised there's very little mention of it in this thread.

I remember that game, I have the Wii port though. I should go back and check it out again, I remember not really getting into it when I was younger.

GodofWine

I had a bad bad night....

Got my first 2 3 star fighters...boy dem haters get tough...lost both...recovered one and was able to get the other one back...

Then..then...

I decided to raid people to get some cash to buy a full set of weaponry and stickers, and lost 2 times, losing 2 decals and more KC worth of stuff than I cared to add up.

Shut it off, will lick my wounds, and surely hop back in tomorrow, despite proclaiming that 16 floors was fun and that I was done done done forever.

F'n game....its addicting.

big_z

So the only way to earn Death Medals are the Quests or getting lucky with daily rewards?

when your country is at war you can also earn some if you participate. I think winning 10 raids during a war will net you 2

Jin-Die

Coen

thanks will try this tonight. my two star steel axe is +2 but the game refuses to drop the green dod material needed to upgrade further. pork chopper blueprints still have yet to appear for me too. its a weapon you can buy now so I wonder if they reduced the drop rate to make it incredibly rare.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Fuck me I just got so lucky with an invasion, dude had a bunch of fully leveled guards with great equipment, wtf is that stabbing weapon which creates a field of electricity. By the time I killed the 5th guard and raided the two banks I only had two seconds left on the clock. Clutch! o_O

hbkdx12

Good thinking. But I wonder if the toughshroom makes the Stngshroom only a 10% armor deficiency versus 60

Someone will test this stuff out someday . . .
I feel like it actually does the math on whatever the percentages figure out to because i've had a toughshroom cancel out the debuff from stingshroom but i still had the buff for the attack so its not like the entire stingshroom effect was wiped out

OK so let me know how I'm doing so far, I have a level 25 all rounder character, I've got the plus 3 iron hammer blueprint from r and d, and I've made it to floor 6 I believe. I haven't lost a character yet, so I still just have my two, the first that dies after tutorial and the one you make after, I've maxed out my money at 40k and my SP is at about 30k. I feel like I'm doing something wrong because I'm not having a hard time yet, but I feel like that may also all change really quickly once I make it to the higher levels. Also I got really lucky on my daily bonus today and got a fire wand blue print and it looks sick but just for r and d it costs 8k to research.
sounds pretty good but it also sounds like you havent done raids yet. You're going to need to do them if you want to increase your fighter, coins and SPL capacities and once you do that you're not going to want to go offline or in the tower with that much resources laying around because you're prone to get raided and have people take it. Just a heads up lol

Fuck me I just got so lucky with an invasion, dude had a bunch of fully leveled guards with great equipment, wtf is that stabbing weapon which creates a field of electricity. By the time I killed the 5th guard and raided the two banks I only had two seconds left on the clock. Clutch! o_O

The clever saber. It's awesome. I just crafted my first one and it's so dope and as you can probably tell, it can be a pain in the ass to deal with defensively. I had two haters invade my game earlier and i took L's to the both of them because their sabers just demolished me

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

The worst fucking weapon ever. The saber or whatever it's called - its like a fencing type poke weapon. When the AI dual wields those, it's the most terrifying thing ever, haha.

I had a bad bad night....

Got my first 2 3 star fighters...boy dem haters get tough...lost both...recovered one and was able to get the other one back...

Then..then...

I decided to raid people to get some cash to buy a full set of weaponry and stickers, and lost 2 times, losing 2 decals and more KC worth of stuff than I cared to add up.

Shut it off, will lick my wounds, and surely hop back in tomorrow, despite proclaiming that 16 floors was fun and that I was done done done forever.

F'n game....its addicting.

I know the feeling. I deleted the game after I burned 10 metals to 23 GOTO and couldn't get him down fists only. Went back prepared today and melted him with Iron in slow motion in 10 seconds

Wait until you get into the 20s and the skill check diffculty spike jumps up and slits your throat.

taco543

sounds pretty good but it also sounds like you havent done raids yet. You're going to need to do them if you want to increase your fighter, coins and SPL capacities and once you do that you're not going to want to go offline or in the tower with that much resources laying around because you're prone to get raided and have people take it. Just a heads up lol

See I've seen people posting about raids but I have no clue how to do them or anything. I've unlocked the TDM but havent bothered with using it yet, so if I get raided can people steal the shit in my storage or just whats on my character? Like what gets stolen from me?

See I've seen people posting about raids but I have no clue how to do them or anything. I've unlocked the TDM but havent bothered with using it yet, so if I get raided can people still the shit in my storage or just whats on my character? Like what gets stolen from me?

You just lose funds.

I never defend my base. Anything you lose you can more than make up from expeditions and the mushrooms you get are what make the game manageable. I always have all my extra fighters out on expeditions and spend all my cash before logging off. Rarely get raided

Baliis

See I've seen people posting about raids but I have no clue how to do them or anything. I've unlocked the TDM but havent bothered with using it yet, so if I get raided can people still the shit in my storage or just whats on my character? Like what gets stolen from me?

10% of whats in your bank gets stolen until you go under 1k in one of them, so spend your coins before you log if you can cuz it's prob just gonna get taken!

Top Bottom