• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let It Die |OT| F2P roguelike Dark Souls with a skateboarding skeleton

10% of whats in your bank gets stolen until you go under 1k in one of them, so spend your coins before you log if you can cuz it's prob just gonna get taken!

It's only 10%? Man is there no point in defending your base when one round of expeditions can garner 20K KC for me

taco543

You just lose funds.

I never defend my base. Anything you lose you can more than make up from expeditions and the mushrooms you get are what make the game manageable. I always have all my extra fighters out on expeditions and spend all my cash before logging off. Rarely get raided

10% of whats in your bank gets stolen until you go under 1k in one of them, so spend your coins before you log if you can cuz it's prob just gonna get taken!

Ok cool so I'm assuming if the game hasn't taught me how to defend myself, then I can't be raided?? Because I'm basically capped out on funds lol

Baliis

It's only 10%? Man is there no point in defending your base when one round of expeditions can garner 20K KC for me

I'm pretty sure it's 10% anyways, I never see anyone with a reward under 100 in the raid menu and I've never been raided if I stay under 1k coins, even if I have 200k+ SPL.

Ok cool so I'm assuming if the game hasn't taught me how to defend myself, then I can't be raided?? Because I'm basically capped out on funds lol

Not sure, but I would guess that you can't be raided until you pick a team after the TDM tutorial?

Grinchy

Banned
Is the reward for killing someone who is raiding your base any good? I guess I'm another person trying to figure out what the point is in defending your base instead of just always doing expeditions.

big_z

Is the reward for killing someone who is raiding your base any good? I guess I'm another person trying to figure out what the point is in defending your base instead of just always doing expeditions.

theres a trophy attached to defending your base 100 times....

defending your base also gives you drops which can be found on the floor in your own waiting room. the drops are usually better than the expedition loot.

Tingle

Its an abysmal amount of SPLithium in your item bank and a random item (I think from the attackers inventory) in a chalk outline in your lobby.

Don't focus on defending, its not worth the effort. Just spend your money.

Baliis

I managed to push my rank high enough that there arent enough players to populate the raids and I get the dev options. 30k coins/spl and 30 TDM points, every time, solid stuff.

Lucent

Got 3 snails in Okusa. Dunno how many I could've gotten in a run. I should've brought one of those fire and poison immunity things. I kept getting burned and throwing up trying to get those things.

hbkdx12

Got 3 snails in Okusa. Dunno how many I could've gotten in a run. I should've brought one of those fire and poison immunity things. I kept getting burned and throwing up trying to get those things.

There's only 3 golden snails and your best bet is to get a regular snail before hand and kill it to give you the shroom that makes you immune to fire and poison.

Lucent

There's only 3 golden snails and your best bet is to get a regular snail before hand and kill it to give you the shroom that makes you immune to fire and poison.

Good to know. Wish it was easier to travel to Okusa instead of going through a few floors each time and back. But I guess if you wanna level fast. Saving them for when I get rank 4 characters.

Baliis

Good to know. Wish it was easier to travel to Okusa instead of going through a few floors each time and back. But I guess if you wanna level fast. Saving them for when I get rank 4 characters.

Dont forget your expeditions too, if you send people to Okusa, they'll bring back golden snails

audio_delay

Neo Member
Dont forget your expeditions too, if you send people to Okusa, they'll bring back golden snails

Plus, don't forget Okusa has a chance to spawn bronze mushrooms (in that hole), so sending your guys will net you some. This is helpful for people who are on higher floors, and cannot be bothered with farming on lower floors.

Frimaire

Does anybody know if the damage of all melee weapons scale with Strength and all ranged weapons scale with Dex, or do they scale with their requirement stat?
Also, do the melee hits with ranged weapons (like the pitching machine) scale with Dex or Strength?

SnakeEyes

Banned
I have to say that I like the idea of the Jackals, but why the fuck do they appear as Lvl. 200 when I'm lvl. 43 on the 11th Floor?! O.O

Tingle

Does anybody know if the damage of all melee weapons scale with Strength and all ranged weapons scale with Dex, or do they scale with their requirement stat?
Also, do the melee hits with ranged weapons (like the pitching machine) scale with Dex or Strength?

I think the consensus is that ALL damage from Melee weapons is Strength, and ALL damage (punches included) from ranged weapons is Dexterity. It doesn't matter what the requirement for the weapon, that's a separate skill check.

I haven't tested it myself, but I've noticed when I use punches as a Strength character with guns, the damage is awfully low. Essentially no damage, actually. I figure its higher with Shooters, but I don't know.

I reached 30F yesterday.

25F-27F sapped me of my energy, I did the whole thing (both bosses and almost entire floor clears) in 3 hours without going to the waiting room. I was pretty tired after that I can tell you that much.

Tonight I'm going to make an attempt on the 30F boss, 'cause I want to unlock the blueprint for the Katana asap.

Then maybe having them teleport right on top of me and getting insta-killed might not be the right way to keep lower-level players around and playing...

Don't they spawn in a random place on the floor? Tough luck if it's right on top of you, run for the nearest escalator! :D

SnakeEyes

Banned
Don't they spawn in a random place on the floor? Tough luck if it's right on top of you, run for the nearest escalator! :D
It was right in front of the escalator. The motherfucker hit me with one bullet and killed me, even though I'd already pressed X to go up the escalator ~_~

Frimaire

Are haters supposed to be reoccurring or something?
Because I've noticed there's one level 5 hater I see every few runs on the first floor with the same name and equipment.
I guess it's lucky 'cause they always drop a Jackal Yoyo, but I'm just wondering if every player has like a set "list" of haters that will appear for them.
It's not one of those YMMK@ dev haters, either.

delSai

Because I've noticed there's one level 5 hater I see every few runs on the first floor with the same name and equipment.
I guess it's lucky 'cause they always drop a Jackal Yoyo, but I'm just wondering if every player has like a set "list" of haters that will appear for them.

I think this could be someone from your friendlist, i see my pals haters on the first floor all the time.

Syysch

Is that confirmed?

I've literally only run into them when wanting to kill them by leaving someone alive on each floor when i don't want them around (just pick a scratch tuber to let stand there, they wont chase you around the area). Seems it's 5 mins from when everyone's dead for the jackal to spawn, and 2 mins after first/second jackal spawn for the second/third to come in. That 5 min timer apparently doesn't reset between floors, only when going back to the waiting room, so it gets shorter and shorter if you keep killing everyone on every floor.

You just lose funds.

I never defend my base. Anything you lose you can more than make up from expeditions and the mushrooms you get are what make the game manageable. I always have all my extra fighters out on expeditions and spend all my cash before logging off. Rarely get raided

I disagree with the underlined. I used close to a quarter million splithium yesterday on upgrading items.

audio_delay

Neo Member

I think it is the timer thing, if someone sets it more than for an hour.

That 5 min timer apparently doesn't reset between floors, only when going back to the waiting room, so it gets shorter and shorter if you keep killing everyone on every floor.

huh, this is why i was suddenly caught with my pants down when i was doing a long run through several floors :D Gotta keep it in mind.

Also as a tip for new players, regarding enemies. The treasuremap sticker helps a LOT as it also shows all enemies of the floor. It's tremendously helpful to know where and how many enemies are about, and what is between you and the next escalator. Solo enemies are often haters so you know where they are too so you're not getting jumped. However it does not show hidden enemies that spawn from the roof or whatever.

I reached 30F yesterday.

25F-27F sapped me of my energy, I did the whole thing (both bosses and almost entire floor clears) in 3 hours without going to the waiting room. I was pretty tired after that I can tell you that much.

Tonight I'm going to make an attempt on the 30F boss, 'cause I want to unlock the blueprint for the Katana asap.

That's where I am

Do you have to fight them in a row? Yikes

Sometimes the free comes out and struts its legs a little though...

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x572cy4

Because we've never had hilarous glitches in 60$ games.

One of the most important Let it Die truths. I never leave more than 10K KC / SPL anyway so I've not been raided in weeks.

I managed to push my rank high enough that there arent enough players to populate the raids and I get the dev options. 30k coins/spl and 30 TDM points, every time, solid stuff.

Post a video of that ASAP!

delSai

One of the most important Let it Die truths. I never leave more than 10K KC / SPL anyway so I've not been raided in weeks.

I always try to do the same, but sometimes it's hard to get rid of SPL, can't upgrade Freezer/Bank/Tank cause they're to expensive and weapons/equipment cant be upgraded because i'm missing mats lol.

Top Bottom