• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let It Die |OT| F2P roguelike Dark Souls with a skateboarding skeleton

Syysch

How are your defenders doing at that rank?

I've taken them off defense to farm expeditions for invis shrooms, i dont think they would do well with the current stuff i have against someone committed to getting in. They'd wreck people who go unprepared, but I'm completely changing around both the armor and weapons i want to use on them, so what i was using i stopped upgrading and the stuff i want to use I'm still upgrading - it's kind of all lower than i want it to be at this rank.

Volcynika

One of the few games where when it is storming outside badly, I really want to play, but I really don't want the power to go out lol.

(._. )

So I lost my final two 1-ups for... reasons, apparently. I certainly turned off the game in the waiting room, but that shit's gone anyway.

Also seems like I wouldn't be able to buy new ones in PSN even if I wanted to. Because I loaded the US version before the game came out in my country, I can't access the store despite playing the game with my main country's account now. Goofed.

You can redownload your countries version. I just tried it. Well, I downloaded the US version cause my main account is US. I'm not complaining though since stuff is cheaper in the US.

Progress carries over.

Yeah, this is the main reason I quit playing as much (besides FFXV),
Same, it's really unfortunate because I was having a blast. I was fine farming the "regular" materials, but farming metals is just not enjoyable, especially when you consider the risk of losing characters on those higher floors.

Syysch

Black Metal farming is burning me hard. I wish there were more ways to get it.

At least once you get done farming black metal for everything, you only need to farm red... and blue... and green... and black for higher upgrades.

LE0yfYM.jpg

At least once you get done farming black metal for everything, you only need to farm red... and blue... and green... and black for higher upgrades.

That's another problem too, from 1-20 I felt okay about trying different weapons because I could level most of them up. But after hitting the 20s it's like "Well, I'm committed to this weapon now."

Syysch

That's another problem too, from 1-20 I felt okay about trying different weapons because I could level most of them up. But after hitting the 20s it's like "Well, I'm committed to this weapon now."

Yeah, it gets a bit much with the upgrades, but you really don't need to do it all to get through the game. I've beaten the jackals and the f40 boss with pork chopper+ +1s and 4* +0 armor. Upgrading beyond that is really just a question of how much of a dick do you want to be to people raiding your base.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

Yeah, a bunch of my stuff is at that point. I'm trying to get my Prok Chopper to +3/4 before I do the 34 bosses. I'd also like to upgrade my 3* armor set a bit more. Shrooms make most of that unnecessary, but it's good to prepare! I've also been taking care of my Motor Psycho since it's basically easy mode rage move. Interestingly enough, I have a bunch of bullet Metal but lack rosewood. Black metals suck to farm, but at least I know 4 easy places to RNG it. Crowley is too much of a risk to farm I think, at least without any further upgrades.

Interesting note - I found a few Motor Psycho BPs while doing side routes in the 20s today. So anyone who is looking for a super broken weapon might want to consider exploring the tower layout a bit more. Could prove useful!

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Yeah, a bunch of my stuff is at that point. I'm trying to get my Prok Chopper to +3/4 before I do the 34 bosses. I'd also like to upgrade my 3* armor set a bit more. Shrooms make most of that unnecessary, but it's good to prepare! I've also been taking care of my Motor Psycho since it's basically easy mode rage move. Interestingly enough, I have a bunch of bullet Metal but lack rosewood. Black metals suck to farm, but at least I know 4 easy places to RNG it. Crowley is too much of a risk to farm I think, at least without any further upgrades.

Interesting note - I found a few Motor Psycho BPs while doing side routes in the 20s today. So anyone who is looking for a super broken weapon might want to consider exploring the tower layout a bit more. Could prove useful!

Yep, thats where I was at basically as well. Finally made the move to F37 today and the F36 boss was surprisingly easy even with only a Pork Chopper +3 and some shrooms.

I'll probably try to push further up tonight to see how far my Pork Chopper +3 still takes me.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Yep, thats where I was at basically as well. Finally made the move to F37 today and the F36 boss was surprisingly easy even with only a Pork Chopper +3 and some shrooms.

I'll probably try to push further up tonight to see how far my Pork Chopper +3 still takes me.

Good to hear that the +3 is sufficient. I need one more DOD Black to get mine to +3. I also need 3 Candle Wolf Black to upgrade my 3 pieces of 3* up one more. I think that SHOULD take care of me and allow me to progress to unlock grade 5.

Syysch

syysnch: how on earth did you get such stuff etc? which floor are you? i got stuck below 26.

I've beaten 40, which is the top for now. I actually killed the 3 jackals before doing that - one to test how I'd do with what i had, then came back for all at once when i saw i could.

I've been playing since release, and i only work every other week so i can pump a huge amount of time into a game.

I usually run 21-22-21 for black metal right now (dont need copper which is why i left on 23 before), then hop to 25-26-25 for coen for DOD black, since i need that by far the most. I've been alternating between that and the 38 red metal chest. That's been my farm lately, raids when i need splithium (deleting a near/max level t5 will give you about 100k spl if you're looking to reroll stats for better maxes).

I'd hold onto bullet and scratch metal if you've ever thought about selling to free up storage space, you start needing a lot of it for some things later on. I had quite a bit of bullet metal and I'm down to needing to farm it already.

Good to hear that the +3 is sufficient. I need one more DOD Black to get mine to +3. I also need 3 Candle Wolf Black to upgrade my 3 pieces of 3* up one more. I think that SHOULD take care of me and allow me to progress to unlock grade 5.

Might be good to run 21-23 for candle wolf if you havent been doing that. Hit the chest on 22, and the boss right past the 23 elevator drops candle wolf. That's why i have like 7 or 8 of them right now, I'd always kill him because he's *right there.*

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Well the Jackal timer bug officially claimed my first character. There's no way I can afford to bring him back (116,600 coins). The timer went off about 45 seconds into a floor. Yeah, that was bad. Thankfully, he had nothing on him of value outside of ~30-40k coins. I can let that go.

Do I have to kill him on the same floor to get my coins back? And I can't delete him if I want to salvage his coins, right? I have to wait until I go kill him before he'll go away form my freezer?

Well the Jackal timer bug officially claimed my first character. There's no way I can afford to bring him back (116,600 coins). The timer went off about 45 seconds into a floor. Yeah, that was bad. Thankfully, he had nothing on him of value outside of ~30-40k coins. I can let that go.

Do I have to kill him on the same floor to get my coins back? And I can't delete him if I want to salvage his coins, right? I have to wait until I go kill him before he'll go away form my freezer?

You don't get the coins unless you pay the fee.

I'm feeling pretty confident in the 20s now running around with my two-star +4 Red Hot Iron and my wealth of mushrooms.

I'm currently farming Kawabe to unlock three-star BPs before I try to push past 25.

Sound good? Some part of me feels ready for 26, but I think with two-star gear it's dumb to press.

I usually run 21-22-21 for black metal right now

What route is this? I've just been hitting Kawabe for the trap chest. Is there black metal on 21?

Aselith

Well, those Golden Snails are pretty...pretty good. Got my beautiful boys farming for them around the clock! Nice way to put some savings in the bank too with them selling for 7700

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...

There were still other enemies on that floor? So they do spawn even if the level wasnt emptied before.

I'm the biggest Souls fan around, OG Dark Souls is my favorite game of all time, the descent from the Basement to Blighttown are my favorite series of levels of all time . . . and I can safely say that I have enjoyed this game way more than Dark Souls 3 and on a level with Bloodborne and Dark Souls 2 (probably just below Dark/Demon's). What a masterpiece. That feeling when you have no gear and a full pack and you finally find a new elevator . . . pure exhilaration.

Nah, just start on 21, the elevator is a consistent route to 22 compared to starting at 23.

Oh awesome. Going down from 23 kind of sucks

Hide behind the building on the left after the bridge. It makes great cover and she'll warp right on top of it.
She glitched. I used the transparency shroom and went to town with an iron. She goes crazy and she never recovers from her fit. I took my sweet time to pummel her with my weapons.

leaf_

I was losing a lot of time farming metals at kawabe for the 30s till I finally meet fun fungus and guardshroom GAME CHANGER found a couple of good weapons and destroyed the bosses at 33 and 34, FINALLY got my grade 5 chars, so happy! =D

I'm wrecking everything in the 20s farming Kawabe with my two-star +4 Iron.

I haven't gotten any Black Metal that unlocks three-star BPs, but I'm totally stocked up on shrooms and irons and armor.

Can I push past 25 through the 26 boss fight and up? I feel like I got scared from climbing too fast, but now I'm feeling ready again. I really want to get to 30 and those Guardshrooms.

Toma

Reached 39F, ugggggh, SO CLOSE!

I'm wrecking everything in the 20s farming Kawabe with my two-star +4 Iron.

I haven't gotten any Black Metal that unlocks three-star BPs, but I'm totally stocked up on shrooms and irons and armor.

Can I push past 25 through the 26 boss fight and up? I feel like I got scared from climbing too fast, but now I'm feeling ready again. I really want to get to 30 and those Guardshrooms.

Not with a 2-star Iron

Top Bottom