• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let It Die |OT| F2P roguelike Dark Souls with a skateboarding skeleton

lionpants

I'm wondering what would be acceptable to push to floor 30.

I have managed to craft...

- 2* Iron +4
- Cleaver Saber
- Agamanmom Helm and Legs
- A bunch of slow time shrooms and sting shrooms banked

I don't know if I can stomach farming the rest of the black metals. It would be fine if each type had a chance to drop from different chests. But it's so annoying how they all drop from ONE chest.

Baliis

- 2* Iron +4
- Cleaver Saber

I don't know if I can stomach farming the rest of the black metals. It would be fine if each type had a chance to drop from different chests. But it's so annoying how they all drop from ONE chest.

I think I did floor 30 with just a +1 saber and a single sting shroom/slowmungus so that should totally be doable. If you wanna mix it up, there's always a gold chest on the two floor 28 rooms too instead of just doing Kawabe over and over, though idk if the drop rates are any different.

Actually I may have used an axe for the boss, I can't remember now, but if I did it was just one I picked up off a screamer since I've hardly r&d'ed the axe, not up to the red one anyways.

Let It Die, the PlayStation 4 free-to-play title from Grasshopper Manufacture, has surpassed one million downloads since its launch in North America and Europe on December 3, 2016, publisher GungHo Online Entertainment announced.

To celebrate the milestone, GungHo and Grasshopper will be giving out one in-game Death Metal as daily log-in bonuses to players from January 6 to 8. Death Metals can be claimsed from the in-game Reward Box.

http://gematsu.com/2017/01/let-die-tops-one-million-downloads

That second Jin-Die fight sucks

I don't know if I had bugged spawns or what but at a certain point she just went to the bottom and wouldn't teleport up, then once she went up she kept teleporting back and forth between two, leaving pretty much no time to even reach her

That's normal. It's do-able, it's just that it's not as easy with less cover as the first. Bring the best hot iron you have with plenty of ammo. Rage her the moment she teleports next to you in the beginning. Hit her again twice. Rage her again, then hit her again as much as possible. Depending on your level/iron mastery she'll either be dead or have taken a BUNCH of damage and teleport to that spot on the left. You'll just have to sprint towards her while she's aiming and she should miss you even out in the open. Rinse repeat until dead. The only tricky parts are making sure you don't get hit by the vomit attack, and getting down to the bottom floor without getting hit if she makes it down there. You can get there by taking the path on the right (from the front entrance) and jumping down the ledges. There's also usually some fish down there if you got hit.

Grinchy

Banned
I purposely left like 20K in KC and SPL last night purposely to try to get raided and no one raided :(

edit- wow I had no idea this wasn't out in Japan yet. I just assumed it was there for months and then we got it!

Syysch

Don't think so, I stopped getting points from 1k people around when I hit 2k. I got a nice boost when I went up to like rank 68 and beat a couple diamond people for like 60 points, but I had to use a lot of shrooms to do it, I just cant kill the defenders fast enough. I deleted a few fighters to drop back to 65 since it seems like there's a sweet spot there where sometimes there isn't enough people to populate the list when it fills it with other rank 65s and I get a dev raid for 30 points guaranteed and they're way easier because it isn't getting stun locked up the ass with sabers endlessly.

Yeah i get them every now and then at 70, i just cant grind them nonstop because i go through weapons faster than the shop restocks when i keep attacking them.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I purposely left like 20K in KC and SPL last night purposely to try to get raided and no one raided :(

edit- wow I had no idea this wasn't out in Japan yet. I just assumed it was there for months and then we got it!

I'm in Indiana and nobody ever bothers me either, ha.

ObsidianG

- 2* Iron +4
- Cleaver Saber

If you want to upgrade your Agamemnon set further in Tier 3, throwing GOTO-9 on floor 23 in your Kawabe run could potentially double your chance for candle wolf black medal, which is needed for its upgrade. At least, that is what I am doing for my sengoku set right now.

If you want to upgrade your Agamemnon set further in Tier 3, throwing GOTO-9 on floor 23 in your Kawabe run could potentially double your chance for candle wolf black medal, which is needed for its upgrade. At least, that is what I am doing for my sengoku set right now.

Fought that stupid boss 6 times besides the first..coins every damn time.

So I've been slowly exploring, grinding, and collecting stuff on this game, 10+ hours and I'm barely on Floor 13.

I don't think I'll be finishing this game, ever. Loving it, even with the frustrating parts.

So I've been slowly exploring, grinding, and collecting stuff on this game, 10+ hours and I'm barely on Floor 13.

I don't think I'll be finishing this game, ever. Loving it, even with the frustrating parts.

I'd say that floor 13 at around 10 hours is pretty damn impressive, but I love to take my sweet time so perhaps my estimates are very skewed...

Baliis

Yeah i get them every now and then at 70, i just cant grind them nonstop because i go through weapons faster than the shop restocks when i keep attacking them.

I've got a pretty decent stockpile of weapons, it's the timer on armor that kills me. A bunch of defenders with wands/welding guns/irons can eat my armor so fast of I don't play carefully.

Is there a way to set the radio to random?

I'm using the Tokyo-channel and I get the same songs over and over while I'm in the waiting room. The music is great in this game and I'd like to hear a bit more of it without having to change to specific songs manually if it's possible.

Grinchy

Banned

I'm using the Tokyo-channel and I get the same songs over and over while I'm in the waiting room. The music is great in this game and I'd like to hear a bit more of it without having to change to specific songs manually if it's possible.

Yeah I really hope they add that. There are so many tracks but changing them one at a time is kind of tedious.

Syysch

I've got a pretty decent stockpile of weapons, it's the timer on armor that kills me. A bunch of defenders with wands/welding guns/irons can eat my armor so fast of I don't play carefully.

I have way too many guardshrooms eating up space in my storage, and I can usually manage with one per room, so my armor doesn't take too big of a hit against them (guardshrooms prevent armor durability loss). That and 1 safety guardshroom for the 38 red metal trap room are really the only places I use them regularly. I just blow through like almost 1 full pork chopper and 1/3 - 1/2 of an iron to break armor in those raids.

So I made it to Coen, but I thought there would be an elevator on his floor. I didn't find one and had used up too many mushrooms fighting the mini-boss on 32 F Katsuma. So I had to trip back to the base.

Is this the only path to Coen? Am I going to have to fight the mini-boss every time I go back?

Aselith

One MILLION DOWNLOADS!

Let-It-Die-One-Million-DLs.jpg

leaf_

Finally finished. Awesome game!!!
Easily best f2p that I've played!
Looking forward for new content.

Tip for the last 10 floors: expeditions on floors 34 and up for fun fungus and Guardshroom, find a good weapon 5* on silver crates with +1k of attack and you are set, really aliviates the grinding of the 20s.

OBS Needle Sounds is random. Took me awhile to figure this out too

34 F Coen down! Ran out of Guardshrooms, so I just stayed low and used my Pork Chopper to wittle him down.

35 reached! Tier 5 fighters unlocked. The end is near, I can feel it . . .

Where can I get Reversal Metal besides the shop on 33F? I don't think I can have 50,000 before reset (just bought my tier 5 and don't want to raid).

Need my 3-star iron!

lionpants

Good idea. Thanks.

Weapon suggestion for GOTO-9? I just attempted him with the +0 Saber and wasn't quite able to kill him in one slow/sting shroom combo.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Holy fuck at the difference in rewards from sending people to higher level floors. o_O Getting items I haven't even encountered yet!

Lucent

So I'm having trouble finding a map of the tower. I have uncovered a lot of it and still haven't figured out how to get to the floor 20 boss yet.

ObsidianG

Good idea. Thanks.

Weapon suggestion for GOTO-9? I just attempted him with the +0 Saber and wasn't quite able to kill him in one slow/sting shroom combo.

I've been using the iron upgraded at R2+4! I usually run through floor 11 to pick up stingshrooms and lifeshrooms on my way up too, so I don't use up my stash of mushrooms before I push the later 20's.

Lucent

Yeah, so if you go through the Nora escalator up and then down to Chitose Mei and then in that part there should be an escalator up to floor 20 where the boss is Hachiyanma

I see what you're saying. Pretty sure chitose didn't have a way up last night...I'll give it a try tonight.

This happened to me and I was super worried my controller got busted using the pad so much more in LiD than any other game.

But then I restarted the game and it fixed it. Seems a weird random bug I guess.

It's definitely my busted ass controller. Messed up randomly with other games the same way too :(

I made it to the 35 but there wasn't an elevator, and I was scared to go up, so I unlocked the shortcut back to 33.

Is there another elevator room on the main shaft before 40? Somehow I remember some post on Reddit about climbing through 14 rooms or something to get from 35-40. I'm not ready for that yet!

Daida 19F has a trap room with a reversal tuber mk-2, very easy so you can farm it there.

Ok cool.

Baliis

I made it to the 35 but there wasn't an elevator, and I was scared to go up, so I unlocked the shortcut back to 33.

Is there another elevator room on the main shaft before 40? Somehow I remember some post on Reddit about climbing through 14 rooms or something to get from 35-40. I'm not ready for that yet!

Ok cool.

I have an elevator on 39, but I worked my way up the side rooms to get there since I haven't done all the mid bosses yet.

Syysch

I have an elevator on 39, but I worked my way up the side rooms to get there since I haven't done all the mid bosses yet.

I did too. I just went back and unlocked an elevator on 37, and my friend said there's one on I think 36 too. Not sure what kind of boss killing you're going to have to do to get to those.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
First TDM where the guy had 6 defenders, all with the fucking electric sabers.

If you get hit, you SHOULD be able to parry one of the intermediate hits. Just don't button mash.

Top Bottom