• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let It Die |OT| F2P roguelike Dark Souls with a skateboarding skeleton

Having a blast with KAMAS assault rifle +3. Is it worth it to level this weapon all the way? I dont want to spend so much blood, sweat and tears on it if there's an even better assault rifle down the road (I'm at floor 16).

Aselith

Having a blast with KAMAS assault rifle +3. Is it worth it to level this weapon all the way? I dont want to spend so much blood, sweat and tears on it if there's an even better assault rifle down the road (I'm at floor 16).

They don't really do better versions of the same weapon. They just give you something different. I kind of prefer the sniper rifle but they both have their uses. You do get a Nail Gun that I think fits the Assault Rifle "category" that seems to shred people so I guess maybe wait on that but I still use both.

They don't really do better versions of the same weapon. They just give you something different. I kind of prefer the sniper rifle but they both have their uses. You do get a Nail Gun that I think fits the Assault Rifle "category" that seems to shred people so I guess maybe wait on that but I still use both.

No, they do. I just found a four-star Kamas, and it rocks. Damage stat in the 300s.

I already got nail gun. I didn't like it because it didn't let you do iron sights like the assault rifle does. Also, how does DEX work? Does it influence your ranged weapon damage?
No, they do. I just found a four-star Kamas, and it rocks. Damage stat in the 300s.

FUUU

Aselith

Right but you gain that through upgrading the BP so you don't find the Kamas S BP, you just upgrade the Kamas until you get the Kamas S tier. Unless I'm misunderstanding you there.

Syysch

Right but you gain that through upgrading the BP so you don't find the Kamas S BP, you just upgrade the Kamas until you get the Kamas S tier. Unless I'm misunderstanding you there.

Yeah, if it's an assault rifle, you keep upgrading through the assault rifle line to unlock higher tiers of it. After +4 on an item, it'll turn into the next tier of that item.

2fxQgmw.jpg

Death Burner Iron get. Come at me bro.

Once you send out expeditions to the 30s, you get tons of four-star gear. Then you just repair it with a funshroom, and you're good.

For example, I don't feel like grinding my Kamas up to four-stars, but I have 5 four-star Kamas from expeditions sitting in storage for whenever.

Death Burner Iron get. Come at me bro.

Once you send out expeditions to the 30s, you get tons of four-star gear. Then you just repair it with a funshroom, and you're good.

For example, I don't feel like grinding my Kamas up to four-stars, but I have 5 four-star Kamas from expeditions sitting in storage for whenever.

Thats crazy. My expeditions never bring back anything but shrooms, spl and coins. I stopped sending them.

Baliis

Hahah what? I forgot I had a prisoner in the bathroom and got raided by a rank 4 person, I have no defenders, but he couldn't damage my bank because it's too upgraded. He rescued the person at 00:24, managed to get 10 coins from my bank at 1:58, just bailed and left at 2:36. Shame someone higher didn't raid me, coulda gotten away with a sweet 64k SPL

24 hours for the next bank upgrade, kill me now ugh.

Baliis

There is a thing called a funshroom that from what I understand will but you don't start getting them til the 30's.

Funshrooms don't restore bullets I don't think. You can save them to rage attack/dragonshroom/goretastic with, but that's about it afaik. Sell them for a bit of coin I suppose.

hbkdx12

Are 5 Star fighter the max so far?

Just destroyed F30 boss with a Saber and 2 Slowshrooms.

yep. 5 star max

Some of the design decisions in this game are so wonderful. Like the fact that when you want to craft something it takes into consideration both what you have on you and what's in your storage

or the fact that if you turn auto renew on for you express pass, if it expires when you're offline, it actually won't start the new pass until the next time you sign in so you're not losing time.

But then there are other things that seem ridiculous like how the rescue list in the raids are constantly outdated and for whatever reason can't be updated in real time.

Or the fact that your uncle prime box doesn't get refreshed until you leave and re enter the waiting room.

lionpants

So just tried out floor 32 and noped right out of there. Holy shit the damage those baseball shooter guys do.

Back to farming black metals I guess. -.-

Stomp on 'em a few times.

When are 5 Star fighters unlocked? 35?

Ok. They keep hitting me back, though.

Yea, 35. 15,000 HPs on my Striker is a good feeling . . .

Once you beat Coen, make sure you unlock the shortcut down to 33. There's no elevator right after; I saw a streamer miss the shortcut, and he had to fight Coen again.

lionpants

Once you beat Coen, make sure you unlock the shortcut down to 33. There's no elevator right after; I saw a streamer miss the shortcut, and he had to fight Coen again.
You gotta stomp em like 4 times.

Oh boy, hopefully I can take Coen with my crap weapons, time to shroom-cheese.

I just hate knowing that when I am farming mats I could be leveling up a new 5 star fighter, so I'm going to push.

audio_delay

Neo Member

You don't need to beat coen. once you are on the map, don't enter the gate/fight area. If you take the "other route", press digipad down, it gets you to the escalator down stairs and further away, another one upstairs to floor 35.

big_z

Out of slow shrooms so im hoping my expeditions bring back some, fuck farming.

As a back up option to fighting coen on floor 26 are invisible shrooms effective at all? Also is he still weak to poison or at least get stuck in the animation loop when poisoned?

audio_delay

Neo Member
Out of slow shrooms so im hoping my expeditions bring back some, fuck farming.

As a back up option to fighting coen on floor 26 are invisible shrooms effective at all? Also is he still weak to poison or at least get stuck in the animation loop when poisoned?

Coen is blind. he uses sonar and hearing to track you. So if you stay low he won't able to track you, until he uses his sonar move.

I completely lost interest in game after being wrecked by GOTO-9 in floor 23. Lost almost 10 DM.....and mushrooms etc....

+ no blueprints in floors just damn money....+ no medals etc to make tier 3 weapon, fuck this shit.

and not to mention i spet almost 30 quid for this game :(

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I completely lost interest in game after being wrecked by GOTO-9 in floor 23. Lost almost 10 DM.....and mushrooms etc....

+ no blueprints in floors just damn money....+ no medals etc to make tier 3 weapon, fuck this shit.

and not to mention i spet almost 30 quid for this game :(

The time I first fought Goto-9 at floor 23 was the hardest boss fight in the game for me and the only time I needed 5 DM to get through. Just stay on 21-23 and farm black metal and materials. I already beat the game and I am still currently farming 21-23 for better weapons, so once you grinded a bit to get better weapons, you'll be fine. :)

DigSCCP

Senpais,
How do I capture hostages ?
I mean I already did it 4 times but right now I got 2 free spaces at my "prison" and I dont know why in my raids I cant bring them into the metro with me..
I kill them, I take away the spoils and then the timer stops and I cant take them!

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Senpais,
How do I capture hostages ?
I mean I already did it 4 times but right now I got 2 free spaces at my "prison" and I dont know why in my raids I cant bring them into the metro with me..
I kill them, I take away the spoils and then the timer stops and I cant take them!

That means that no hostage spawned. If the timer does not run out, you can go back and pick up one of enemies.

Toma

like i said in 2 hours today not single bp .....and hard to get materials is killing me.

What are the weapons you already have? You can also level up the Iron for example, but yeah, 21-23 will need some grinding, but if its any consolation, I really found the progress easier after Goto, especially with the shrooms you can find in 30-40.

delSai

The german version of "Mecha-Rambo vs Predator 4" in the Jackson comics is "Chuck Morris vs Breadator 4"
I love how they didnt even try with the names lmao

lionpants

Where do you go after beating Coen to get to F35? I'm at that point but not sure how to plan out my path.
There's an orange escalator that you can unlock once beating Coen on 34. This goes to 35.

Someone mentioned you don't actually need to defeat Coen by taking an alternate route, which would be nice. I didn't explore too much because at this point certain haters were 1 shotting me and I had to always have a life shroom active.

I thought I would just have to fight Coen going 30-35, but I actually had to fight the snake tailed boss thing in the round-about path up to Coen (33-34 door is locked). You can then open the shortcut on 34 and go back to 33 to the elevator to restock before fighting Coen.

Volcynika

There's an orange escalator that you can unlock once beating Coen on 34. This goes to 35.

Someone mentioned you don't actually need to defeat Coen by taking an alternate route, which would be nice. I didn't explore too much because at this point certain haters were 1 shotting me and I had to always have a life shroom active.

I thought I would just have to fight Coen going 30-35, but I actually had to fight the snake tailed boss thing in the round-about path up to Coen (33-34 door is locked). You can then open the shortcut on 34 and go back to 33 to the elevator to restock before fighting Coen.

Yeah, fortunately beat U-10, and *almost* walked into the Coen room before I saw the switch (figured it was a trap room or boss) and explored more and opened the 33/34 gate beforehand.

tariniel

I'm looking for Candle Wolf Blue Metal, to upgrade the Priests Cowl. From what I can tell it does not drop off of any boss and is only found in a trap room gold chest on floor 3 (the blue down from floor 5). Is this true? I did it nearly 10 times last night and didn't get a single Candle Wolf Blue... I got mostly plans and weapons, with 1 blue of the wrong type (War Ensemble or DOD).

If this is the only place this is worse than grinding the floor 11 boss for Candle Wolf Green by far.

Also, does gear that I equip on characters that I send out on expeditions break? What about gear on defenders?

Capra

Does anybody have any tips for floors 21+? I've been banging my head against them for the past few days and getting nowhere - it seems like every other enemy has a weapon that vastly outperforms anything I have and cuts right through my armor, poisons me, sets me on fire, etc. I have a bunch of blueprints for things that would be really good (Agamemnon set, sword cleaver, fire wand, etc.) but everything requires Candle Wolf Black Metal which I would need to farm Goto-9 for... The one time I got to Goto I couldn't even put a dent in her whenever I wasn't being overwhelmed by skeletons.

This feels like such a Sisyphean task because every time I make some form of progress, I end up losing a fighter and having to spend all the money I made for the past few hours just to get them back.

Aselith

Had a few bad runs and I was looking at about 180k to restore my team so I just ended up grinding up 4 of them. I figured having them running expeditions was going to end up being more lucrative than going through the recovery process

tariniel

Does anybody have any tips for floors 21+? I've been banging my head against them for the past few days and getting nowhere - it seems like every other enemy has a weapon that vastly outperforms anything I have and cuts right through my armor, poisons me, sets me on fire, etc. I have a bunch of blueprints for things that would be really good (Agamemnon set, sword cleaver, fire wand, etc.) but everything requires Candle Wolf Black Metal which I would need to farm Goto-9 for... The one time I got to Goto I couldn't even put a dent in her whenever I wasn't being overwhelmed by skeletons.

This feels like such a Sisyphean task because every time I make some form of progress, I end up losing a fighter and having to spend all the money I made for the past few hours just to get them back.

I'm only on floor 23 as well but max out the Red Hot Iron. It does a ton of damage and is pretty much carrying me right now. That and carry around some brainshrooms for haters, some Transparungus if you want to sprint by a nasty group of enemies or if the jackal alarm sounds, and always have a lifeshroom effect up and carry a backup. So far that's what got me from 19-23 and I took a break to farm the priests set because I've been slacking on armor upgrades.

Top Bottom