• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let It Die |OT| F2P roguelike Dark Souls with a skateboarding skeleton

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Finally a fight is coming up, after two weeks. With Brazil.
about-to-go-down.gif

Syysch

I'm looking for Candle Wolf Blue Metal, to upgrade the Priests Cowl. From what I can tell it does not drop off of any boss and is only found in a trap room gold chest on floor 3 (the blue down from floor 5). Is this true? I did it nearly 10 times last night and didn't get a single Candle Wolf Blue... I got mostly plans and weapons, with 1 blue of the wrong type (War Ensemble or DOD).

If this is the only place this is worse than grinding the floor 11 boss for Candle Wolf Green by far.

That's the only place, unless you want to farm one of the gold chests in 10-20 and hope for a crappy roll, they sometimes drop a tier below.

Finally a fight is coming up, after two weeks. With Brazil.
about-to-go-down.gif

It's probably still about 2 days out with how slowly that's been moving, but i've been on an upgrade spree to just open my place up for invasions and let the fight throw low levels into the woodchipper.

English is not my native language :p

waisted 5-6 DM with JIN DIE at floor 26 (not to mention almost 10 for GOTO 9 in floor 23), had enough mushrooms and she still killed me.

I have bad weapons, materials are nowhere to craft better range weapons. Enemies are just too powerful.

Playing hours and getting nowhere, making no progress.....it is too punishable, Souls games doesn't punish you so hard.

I feel sorry even playing this game.

Wimps

Downloading now. Quite curious to see what it's all about. Bloodborne was a very special game. And I dig roguelikes.

Great OT btw.

For the love of god, everyone with a reddit account go there and ask for "sort item bank by item type". Fuck, I'm going to make a reddit account just for that.

Edit: Wait, they are already announced? That's awesome. Talk about devs being on top of what's important. I have a feeling this level of fan/dev interaction is what's making this game into something so special.

lionpants

English is not my native language :p

waisted 5-6 DM with JIN DIE at floor 26 (not to mention almost 10 for GOTO 9 in floor 23), had enough mushrooms and she still killed me.

I have bad weapons, materials are nowhere to craft better range weapons. Enemies are just too powerful.

Playing hours and getting nowhere, making no progress.....it is too punishable, Souls games doesn't punish you so hard.

I feel sorry even playing this game.
I used the assault rifle for her + stingshrooms. Sometimes you just need to go back a few floors and farm materials.

What grade of fighter were you using?

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
grade 3, collector 103 or something. i had 3 time shrooms etc...i ate all shrooms i had....and she still janked me.

Dont fight bosses with collectors. Go in with a striker. Makes a huge difference with the damage output. And upgrade that Red Hot Iron, its rage move is incredibly effective against Jin-Die (effectively stunning her).

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I did get caught by the busted trap room (on 32F I think) and it made me sad. Couldn't get out. ;_;

I didnt move into any of the 30+ trap rooms, I just wanted to survive to 40. >_>

Crossing Eden

Um, what the actual fuck was that? I went down an elevator to B1 and some trippy shit started happening in the game. Black screen, slow motion, me fighting myself on some shadowboxing type shit with a timer. What the actual fuck was what?! ._.

Frimaire

Um, what the actual fuck was that? I went down an elevator to B1 and some trippy shit started happening in the game. Black screen, slow motion, me fighting myself on some shadowboxing type shit with a timer. What the actual fuck was what?! ._.

The game buying time while someone is raiding you, apparently...

Baliis

Toma: did try with HOT IRON....striker has only 21 space in bag.

And? Your complaint is that the boss is too hard, but you're using a farming class not a progression class. Come back and grind the 2X bosses with a collector when you have 5* fighters or something.

The game buying time while someone is raiding you, apparently...

Yeah, it's what happens when you try to come back to your base while someone is in the process of raiding you.

Dr.Sanchez

Neo Member
The axe is my favorite boss killing weapon right now. With a stingshroom, I can kill goto 9 at floor 23 in about 15 seconds using a striker.

Toma

sanchez: axe?

The pickaxe thing. If you level the mastery, it has a stupidly strong charge move. When you level your striker, you might as well level some masteries for other weapons. Try it!

Dr.Sanchez

Neo Member
sanchez: axe? oh you mean steel axe? but it's kinda heavy and slow, isnt?

stingshroom is that slow time?

yeah the steel axe(rank 2). It's slow, but once you know WHEN to safely hit goto, it becomes a trivial boss fight.
I use the R1 attack and have my character equipped with +4 rank 2 armor. The skeletons are annoying. I move around goto so that the skeleton(s) end up at the other side of the boss.

Baliis

sanchez: axe? oh you mean steel axe? but it's kinda heavy and slow, isnt?

stingshroom is that slow time?

Stingshroom is the mushroom from killing scorpions. It gives you 120% increased damage at the cost of -50% defense or something.

Slowmungus is the slow time mushroom.

The axe is slow and heavy yes, but it hits like a truck. With slow time up, you don't have to worry about getting attacked or anything so combined with the stingshroom to increase your damage you can smash bosses with it.

Dont fight bosses with collectors. Go in with a striker. Makes a huge difference with the damage output. And upgrade that Red Hot Iron, its rage move is incredibly effective against Jin-Die (effectively stunning her).

I dunno. Beat her and Coen in 26(?) my first try with a 3*** collector, invisible shrooms, time shrooms and singer(?) shrooms. It can be done. Fought her 6 times the same way already..always damn coins! 😠

Crossing Eden

MFW tacking floor 21 for the first time:
twwB8mY.png

MFW finding the elevator on Floor 23 after several one shot deaths and no armor and enemies laughing off my fully leveled characters attacks even though i'm using machetes, took the express elevator for the first time.
tumblr_nus4yk48fT1rdsqzto1_250.gif

Fuck me that difficulty spike

Capra

So I decided to spend a few hours leveling the iron as per this thread's recommendation... Wow, you guys weren't kidding about its effectiveness! Right now I have it at 2-stars and even though I'm using a defensive build I'm tearing through enemies at each floor. Of course, that's just running around for the materials to level the thing. We'll see how Goto fares later...

lionpants

Floor 22 farming is really burning me out man.

I wouldn't mind at all if you could do it semi-mindlessly, but with the floors constantly changing, so annoying. Last run took me 20 minutes, it was in the last spot I checked.

I can't even figure out any patterns in the map to make it a bit faster.

Syysch

Floor 22 farming is really burning me out man.

I wouldn't mind at all if you could do it semi-mindlessly, but with the floors constantly changing, so annoying. Last run took me 20 minutes, it was in the last spot I checked.

I can't even figure out any patterns in the map to make it a bit faster.

Do you have the treasure hunter decal? You can see the escalators and trap room with that. I've been doing 28 for black metal now, and just sprinting past everything, both 28s off the 27 elevator have a trap room, so you just need to find an up escalator, do it, then go back for the other.

I'm slowly buy steadily moving out of black metal, so it's 38 all day for me.

lionpants

Do you have the treasure hunter decal? You can see the escalators and trap room with that. I've been doing 28 for black metal now, and just sprinting past everything, both 28s off the 27 elevator have a trap room, so you just need to find an up escalator, do it, then go back for the other.
Where do you get that decal?

EDIT:

Looks like it's from stews only.

Well, I'm going to farm coin for Stews then because doing this blind is BS. Any suggestions for best coin farming spots?

Syysch

Where do you get that decal?

EDIT:

Looks like it's from stews only.

Well, I'm going to farm coin for Stews then because doing this blind is BS. Any suggestions for best coin farming spots?

Is there one you can buy with bronze/etc skillshrooms? I'm still at work so i cant check, but if it is you can send expeditions for the skillshrooms while you do other stuff.

Coins you can get from raids if youre high rank, or basically just run the highest floors you can handle. Grinding it out of stews sounds awful though with all the rng involved with that.

lionpants

Is there one you can buy with bronze/etc skillshrooms? I'm still at work so i cant check, but if it is you can send expeditions for the skillshrooms while you do other stuff.

Coins you can get from raids if youre high rank, or basically just run the highest floors you can handle. Grinding it out of stews sounds awful though with all the rng involved with that.
Doesn't look like it. Apparently it unlocks for purchase at floor 41?

DigSCCP

First of all sorry for so many questions, and in advance thanks for who answer the next one lol
Is there a pathern for the floor changing places ? Damn I had a plan to open some "squares" today but then everything moved to other side or is missing or I dont know lol
Fuck this is so addictive!
Its destroying my "January Backlog Time" plans.
And bring it on Cali boys my grade 2 strickers are waiting for you !
Oh another question...what materials you guys think I should stock ?
I had an iron scraps need for so long, then I grabbed around 20 of them today, then I uped my hammer until the point where my iron scraps are useless lol

Capra

Plot twist: Even with a fully-upgraded 2-star iron on a fully-leveled 3-star striker, going after GOTO on floor 23 was like whittling at a goddamn iceberg with a toothpick. And that's ignoring the fact that it hits like a dump truck and utilizes some nigh-undodgeable moves in its later phase. I had already spent hours grinding in the hopes of being able to make a dent in it so I gave in and bought some death metals to cheese it.

I've been pretty relaxed on my criticism of this game, but that's a point where it REALLY feels like a trashy pay-to-win game...

delSai

Plot twist: Even with a fully-upgraded 2-star iron on a fully-leveled 3-star striker, going after GOTO on floor 23 was like whittling at a goddamn iceberg with a toothpick. And that's ignoring the fact that it hits like a dump truck and utilizes some nigh-undodgeable moves in its later phase. I had already spent hours grinding in the hopes of being able to make a dent in it so I gave in and bought some death metals to cheese it.

I've been pretty relaxed on my criticism of this game, but that's a point where it REALLY feels like a trashy pay-to-win game...

Cloakshrooms. Farm 'em, use 'em. I had to use 2, wasnt doing any damage either but without Goto being able to hurt me i was able to just take my time.

tariniel

Now I'm nervous. I've been upgrading gear to try it and all I have is a collector maxed right now. Perhaps I should level up a striker.

I've been planning on bringing 2-3 Slowmungus, Transparungus and Stingshrooms with me though. Did you use any of those or just tried to fight the boss straight up? Did you try the rage move with the Iron?

Capra

You'll probably be fine - I had a couple transparent shrooms but tried to fight it straight-up for the most part. I definitely could have approached it in a smarter way, but I got impatient and thought I could take it.

Trashy's an overstatement, but I do feel like the jump in difficulty at that boss is probably the worst yet. Oh well, I killed it and now I can finally get that fire wand and some better fighters so hopefully it'll get better from here.

Edit: Oh hey, Okusa's up too. Nice timing.

Top Bottom