• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let It Die |OT| F2P roguelike Dark Souls with a skateboarding skeleton

Syysch

Damn it, my Striker can't even use the Saber I can craft.

Don't melee weapons scale off STR though? Makes no sense.

Damage scales off str, but some of the requirements are there to make you sacrifice a decal slot for things like -dex requirements. Gotta either choose a different weapon, lose a decal on the striker, lose hp putting it on an attacker, or lose damage putting it on a defender/shooter.

lionpants

Damage scales off str, but some of the requirements are there to make you sacrifice a decal slot for things like -dex requirements. Gotta either choose a different weapon, lose a decal on the striker, lose hp putting it on an attacker, or lose damage putting it on a defender/shooter.
Makes sense. Remembered the decals after posting. :D

lionpants

Kawabe coughed up some CW Black. Still no MLK.

I can craft a three-star gear piece or the Flame Wand.

Thoughts?
I'd do a weapon first. The big barrier in 20-30 is the enemy defense.

Also, the 2 Star Iron +4 (even +3) is insanely OP until you get your 3 star weapons. The Rage move can take out a whole group of enemies and subdue haters.

I'd do a weapon first. The big barrier in 20-30 is the enemy defense.

Also, the 2 Star Iron +4 (even +3) is insanely OP until you get your 3 star weapons. The Rage move can take out a whole group of enemies and subdue haters.

Iron is all I use. Never leave the house without 3. But it would be nice to have a new offhand weapon, and I need to keep grinding Kawabe anyway . . .

Anyone else having trouble with bosses dropping materials?

Last night I beat GOTO in floor 11 and he didnt drop CW green once. Not once!

Im tired of going back and forth plus the loading to not get the freaking materials I need.

Specially since those materials are required for pretty much all crafting.

hyp

Im tired of going back and forth plus the loading to not get the freaking materials I need.

farmed the same boss 4 times this morning, got two CW greens, nothing, and an axe.

Welcome to the grind. Wait until you get to the 20s and have to farm Kawabe (it's not too bad actually).

This is just how loot games are. You run one strike in Destiny over and over hoping to get a gun to drop . . . and then it drops with a shifty roll.

Ever seen Triple Wreck farm Omnigul? Either embrace the grind or move on is my advice.

D i Z

I feel it never does the damage advertised..tend to dump em, personally

You vomit the decoy out lol..

Yeah I usually just use them for drawing fire, not ending a situation. Damned handy when you need to thin a herd for a character you're building, but by seconds only.

D i Z

So I've been meaning to ask this for a while, but I've been playing this since launch, and I've never found a BP for the Iron. What am I missing?

So I've been meaning to ask this for a while, but I've been playing this since launch, and I've never found a BP for the Iron. What am I missing?

WUT?! Had to be between my 5th-10th one and I ignored it right up until I picked a couple up and only had them left to use..opinion of them changed quite a bit after that

fitzo

Neo Member
It took ages for me. It dropped as my 39th unique BP. Guessing there is some condition preventing it from dropping, definitely not just RNG. After I got my first they appeared regularly.

D i Z

Wow, that seems crazy unlucky. I guess just farm chests on floors 1-10?

I do. All the time because it's kind of peaceful to run through them.

WUT?! Had to be between my 5th-10th one and I ignored it right up until I picked a couple up and only had them left to use..opinion of them changed quite a bit after that

Reading the posts about people crediting a lot of success to them, I can only imagine how different my progress would have been. No complaints though. I think I would use them very sparingly anyway.

It took ages for me. It dropped as my 39th unique BP. Guessing there is some condition preventing it from dropping, definitely not just RNG. After I got my first they appeared regularly.

I think there is something to this as well. RNG wouldn't account for this at all. But I still have hope that I'll get one. I got a fire wand BP early. Couldn't do shit with it. It just sits there patiently waiting.

Reading the posts about people crediting a lot of success to them, I can only imagine how different my progress would have been. No complaints though. I think I would use them very sparingly anyway.

I think there is something to this as well. RNG wouldn't account for this at all. But I still have hope that I'll get one. I got a fire wand BP early. Couldn't do shit with it. It just sits there patiently waiting.

Just unlocked the Flame Wand. About to climb the Tower from 27 with 4 two-star +4 Red Hot Iron +'s and 2 Flame Wands. Will let you know how it goes . . .

Also, here's a Pro Tip from Reddit that is actually kind of brilliant. When you get to a new area and aren't farming but trying to climb, just run through everything with a stamina mushroom until you find an escalator. Even if it's the wrong one, it will help you orient, and I never have a problem with too many enemies aggroing.

Aselith

Also, here's a Pro Tip from Reddit that is actually kind of brilliant. When you get to a new area and aren't farming but trying to climb, just run through everything with a stamina mushroom until you find an escalator. Even if it's the wrong one, it will help you orient, and I never have a problem with too many enemies aggroing.

I feel like that's a poor idea. Like fleeing from all battles in an RPG. Yeah, you technically could but when you hit that boss...

lionpants

I feel like that's a poor idea. Like fleeing from all battles in an RPG. Yeah, you technically could but when you hit that boss...
I think they implied that you would go back and clear the floor afterwards? Running through is just to avoid any ambushes I guess? Getting stuck in a trap while running would be bad. :)

Question: Does anyone know how to make or when floors rotate? Been waiting for that straight corridor floor with all the scratch tubers on floor 6 for a while now.

I'm not saying just run up the whole tower. But there are times when you are running low on gear and finding an escalator is all you really need.

Syysch

Question: Does anyone know how to make or when floors rotate? Been waiting for that straight corridor floor with all the scratch tubers on floor 6 for a while now.

4pm pacific I believe, you have to return to the waiting room to get it to change if you were up on the floors before then.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
The game should give you the option of purchasing more than one of any item, the timer shit is getting a bit grating. I shouldn't have to wait to buy two machetes. :|

So...I'm stuck in an infinite loading between floors...WTF do I even do against that now...

edit : well fuck...now I get a connection error and I can only go back to the title. I'll lose my character and I won't be able to get back its inventory because I can't afford it, my bank won't be large enough >_<

Just unlocked the Flame Wand. About to climb the Tower from 27 with 4 two-star +4 Red Hot Iron +'s and 2 Flame Wands. Will let you know how it goes . . .

I had problems activating elevator with aggroed enemies.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
How do you get better rewards from expeditions? All I get is the same food items, standard shrooms, barely any Splthium, and meager coins. And this is after sending 7 fighters out at once.

Syysch

So...I'm stuck in an infinite loading between floors...WTF do I even do against that now...

edit : well fuck...now I get a connection error and I can only go back to the title. I'll lose my character and I won't be able to get back its inventory because I can't afford it, my bank won't be large enough >_<

You cant dismiss the error and go back to the loading? When the connection drops like that you should just be able to wait it out til it's reestablished and continue on without losing anything.

So the Flame Wand is awesome.

It's not a main. It's more like a spell. I use it in my offhand to light enemies on fire and destroy their armor, then finish them with my iron. It's a beast combo.

Got to 30. The trap room on 29 was tough, but if I had just been aggressive and not tried to keep eating mushrooms (ate a brainshroom and had to burn a metal), it would have been easy. +4 two-star Iron is OP in the 20s for sure.

Now for the boss.

Baliis

Wondering how much has been spent to get high 30s? A streamer has already spent $52 and is on level 38

I've been at 39 for a while and only spent $5 for the 30 metals to dump into storage space, +15 for an express pass, but that's more of a luxury than anything else. You can totally get there without spending a dime.

Syysch

Wondering how much has been spent to get high 30s? A streamer has already spent $52 and is on level 38

I've spent $14+$5 on death metals and only used that on storage space and have beaten the game and the jackals. You dont need to spend money to get through the game, the best benefit is just being able to hoard more materials and mushrooms, and you could use the extra character slots as mules for that if needed.

Yea once you get a stockpile of lifeshrooms and stop being an idiot you can use your metals for their most important usage . . . expanding storage.

I'm already at 250 [face_astonished]

It's really room specific.

Once you unlock Okusa you can send them there for golden snails.

I also have found 21-22 get me Slowshrooms.

j0hnnix

I've been at 39 for a while and only spent $5 for the 30 metals to dump into storage space, +15 for an express pass, but that's more of a luxury than anything else. You can totally get there without spending a dime.

I've spent $14+$5 on death metals and only used that on storage space and have beaten the game and the jackals. You dont need to spend money to get through the game, the best benefit is just being able to hoard more materials and mushrooms, and you could use the extra character slots as mules for that if needed.

thats pretty good..

Top Bottom